Power Girl Series?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
I remember hearing DiDio or someone said PeeGee would be getting her own series months back.

Did tha tidea get scrapped?

WrathfulDwarf
As far as I know it was delay...but still coming.

Endless Mike
I hope they actually do something with her character to make her interesting and unique instead of just "that chick with huge boobs"

Pyron_Knight
Well she deserves her own series more than Supergirl. There's a lot of character to be explored. Not to mention feats to justify her Kryptonian heritage and where she's at in terms of power.

Mindship
God I hope they don't do the series. Because--guaranteed--the chick they pick will be some skinny, no-muscle, wonderbra excuse for how Powergirl should look (just like they picked a skinny, no-muscle, no-curves, pasty-skinned girl to play Maxima on Smallville).

Juntai
Originally posted by Mindship
God I hope they don't do the series. Because--guaranteed--the chick they pick will be some skinny, no-muscle, wonderbra excuse for how Powergirl should look (just like they picked a skinny, no-muscle, no-curves, pasty-skinned girl to play Maxima on Smallville). I think they mean a comic series. smile

BruceSkywalker
A Power Girl series, hopefully she will fight interesting and new villains

Mindship
Originally posted by Juntai
I think they mean a comic series. smile
bag

Aztec123
If they do decide to make a power girl series, i'm definately going to get it. I think she has soo much potential to become an interesting superhero. Furthermore, she is one of my favorites from the justice society. Once the series begins, i would like to see her face new villians. Hopefully, they will not be superman related. But only time will tell.

Raoul
Originally posted by Juntai
I think they mean a comic series. smile

bag

laughing

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Well she deserves her own series more than Supergirl.

No.

Wei Phoenix
She has to have her hole filled before she takes on her own series.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/4525/contexthk2.jpg

roughrider
I don't know why I'm interested in PG - but I am.
She appears like a buxom blond bimbo - and that image of in-your-face cleavage has always been funny - but handled right, she could be DC's equivalent of She Hulk. She isn't the stiff upper lip princess that Diana is, and doesn't sit in Clark's shadow all the time by wearing the "S" (unlike Supergirl.) She should have fun, be a showoff. That's what they had in mind when Wally Wood designed her - drawing her breasts bigger every issue until some editor finally objected. laughing out loud

Move her someplace out of the shadow of others. Hell, move her up to Canada, so we can finally exist in the DC Universe.
stick out tongue

Silent Guardian
God I hope they don't do the series. Because--guaranteed--the chick they pick will be some skinny, no-muscle, wonderbra excuse for how Powergirl should look (just like they picked a skinny, no-muscle, no-curves, pasty-skinned girl to play Maxima on Smallville).

why would they draw her like that its a comic????

I for one would love to see that.

Mindship
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
why would they draw her like that its a comic???? I think what happened is that I responded to the post after just watching Smallville, so I was thinking TV series instead of comic series...and I was very disappointed with how they depicted Maxima in Smallville.

I for one would love to see that. A PG comic would be most excellent.

Aztec123
Powergirl's first issue will be release in May, who is going to pick it up??

BruceSkywalker
Power Girl # 1 comes out tomorrow.. I will try to post a few scans sometime later in the evening

Raoul
amanda conner is one of the better power girl artists out there. really looking forward to getting this...

edit:

Just read issue #1. Lots of fun, nice story, with some great art. Looking forward to issue #2...

The Nuul
She has a series and its been out for a long time.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01u27CBg2zalW/340x.jpg

jalek moye
so its actual good, cuz i honetsly always found her dull, just flying boobs

Aztec123
Originally posted by The Nuul
She has a series and its been out for a long time.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01u27CBg2zalW/340x.jpg

laughing

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Raoul
amanda conner is one of the better power girl artists out there. really looking forward to getting this...

edit:

Just read issue #1. Lots of fun, nice story, with some great art. Looking forward to issue #2...

yeah, definitely a good issue.. I hope she fights some good villains

Juk3n
Originally posted by jalek moye
so its actual good, cuz i honetsly always found her dull, just flying boobs

You sir.... in the entire planet,.... to use the words, DULL, and BOOBS in the same sentance.

What kind of Man are you?

Accel
To be fair, it was a run-on sentence.

kgkg
Lame

WhoopeeDee
After three issues I gotta say I'm quite satisfied with Jimmy's writing on the new Power Girl series. We'll see how he does with Karen's secret identity....oh boy..

whostheking
Her boobs are her identity. Don't need another one.

cherylfoster
Girl Power is the land two of his super and the first cousin of Cal L, pre-crisis Superman of Earth II. Empower parents and maternal and infant girls have Power to escape the destruction of Krypton. Possess superhuman strength and the ability to fly, a member of the American Association of Justice, the President of the first team. Girl power sports, Bob blond hair; dressed as a distinctive red, white and blue, and aggressive fighting style. Get rid of the 1985 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earth Second Earth, causing a change in origin, she became the granddaughter of Arion magician Atlanta.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.