Tribute to Mara Jade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MasterAshenVor
Mara Jade was one of the most awesome and strong characters in the Expanded Universe of Star Wars...She fought in the Yuzhan Vong War, The Kilik (or however you spell it) Conflict, The Galactic Civil War, The Imperial Remnant vs New Republic Conflict and The Corellian/GA Civil War.

She Defeated the Dark Jedi , Joruus C'Baoth and Did Extraordinary things that lead to the Victory over the Yuzhan Vong and even in her death she played a Part in Incriminating Darth Caedus and exposing him to the Rest of the Jedi Order and Galaxy....also last but not least Helped the Fallen Jedi Kyle Katarn come back to the Light Side during the Events of the Mysterys of the Sith video game.

Any Pictures and Further Accomplishments and/or Excerpts from the Books would be Appreciated.

WE WILL MISS YOU MARA!!! sad

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/TheGreatJediMaster/MaraJade.jpg

One of the only good Pics i could find that did her justice.

Enyalus
And most importantly - she was way too sexy for Luke Skywalker.

Darth_Glentract
Reported.

NonSensi-Klown
Wow, Glentract. That's pretty weak.

Mara jade is what made Luke Skywalker bearable post RotJ.

No wait, bearable period. I love this women about as much as you can love a fictional character.

Janus Marius
This would be more appropriate in the regular EU section.

Moving...

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Janus Marius
This would be more appropriate in the regular EU section.

Moving...

HEY!! You're not a Mod!...

eek!

I caught you!!!

Janus Marius
Shh!

Red Nemesis, you're on moderator preview for the next week.

Gideon
I agree. Mara's death was the second biggest screw up of LotF.

Darth_Glentract
I didn't like it, but to be honest, they have to start chopping the Skywalker tree down sometime for the Legacy comics to be feasible.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I didn't like it, but to be honest, they have to start chopping the Skywalker tree down sometime for the Legacy comics to be feasible.

Oh, I agree. But their deaths should have meaning. Mara Jade was one of the most interesting characters left -- far more interesting than Leia Organa Solo -- and she was murdered for no apparent reason and in an incredibly anticlimactic style.

The death of Gilad Pellaeon was even more perverse.

truejedi
i agree. Pellaeon died for nothing. killed the greatest imperial character off since Thrawn and replaced him with Daala... whom i despise....

Gideon
Originally posted by truejedi
i agree. Pellaeon died for nothing. killed the greatest imperial character off since Thrawn and replaced him with Daala... whom i despise....

You've been drinking your daily cup of WRONG! haven't you?

Pellaeon > Thrawn. Pellaeon > Palpatine. Pellaeon > Tarkin. Pellaeon is the greatest character in the saga, followed by General Turr Phennir and General Grievous (as written by Matthew Stover).

Darth_Glentract
I don't even know who General Turr Phennir is.

Gideon
I don't even know who General Turr Phennir is.

That's not funny.

Darth_Glentract
?????

Gideon
?????

He was the Supreme Commander of the Confederation in LotF, the one who lured Jacen Solo, Luke Skywalker, and every other major character into a gigantic trap in Exile. And somehow, was completely forgotten about by the other authors. Didn't appear in the last two books.

Faunus
Bane might have moved a moon...

Darth_Glentract
Holy crap how did I forget about that dude!

Gideon
Holy crap how did I forget about that dude!

Honestly, I don't know, since he was the second most badass character in the series.

truejedi
i truly preferred Thrawn. The guy was a genius.
course, i loved outbound flight, so i'm a bit biased.

Faunus
Thrawn wasn't hard.

Gideon
i truly preferred Thrawn. The guy was a genius.
course, i loved outbound flight, so i'm a bit biased.

WTF.

No, sir. No. No. Outbound Flight nearly turned me emo and made me renounce my faith in God Almighty. That's how terrible it was.

Zahn's plots are always crappy. He just made up for it with Thrawn and Pellaeon.

Faunus
Originally posted by Gideon
WTF.

No, sir. No. No. Outbound Flight nearly turned me emo and made me renounce my faith in God Almighty. That's how terrible it was.

Zahn's plots are always crappy. He just made up for it with Thrawn and Pellaeon. You believe in God?

He isn't hard either.

Darth_Glentract
Um...he was good. But not above the Rebel Alliance Greats...

Gideon
Originally posted by Faunus
You believe in God?

He isn't hard either.

I have no time for your "atheism is teh cool!!1!" internet diversity is spiel. You're fat, Faunus. Accept it. And now, when you die, you'll go to the hell reserved especially for fatties. It's in the lowest level according to Dante.

Glentract, you're effing insane.

Red Nemesis
You believe in God?

He isn't hard either.

He's insubstantial at best. Casper the Holy Ghost can't touch this. Happy Dance

truejedi
i like prequels to books i've already read. Survivors quest was absolutely stupid to me until i read OF. A bunch of people living in a ship with workable tech who hated jedi for some vague reason? And some jedi i had never heard of who apparently died in a crash? didn't make sense till i read Outbound flight. Though i didn't like C'both's character much... speaking of which, that book makes clear he was one of the most powerful jedi masters in the order. Do we ever consider him when filling out funfilled lists like Boog puts out for us?

Gideon
I recall no such statement or implication that C'baoth was one of the upper tier Jedi.

Darth_Glentract
I just think Ackbar and Wedge are way up there...

Gideon
I just think Ackbar and Wedge are way up there...

No.

Phennir > Ackbar and Wedge. Come on, dude. Phennir emulated Palpatine and tricked everyone into falling into his megatrap and nearly killed Luke Skywalker, Jacen Solo, and everyone!

Faunus
I have no time for your "atheism is teh cool!!1!" internet diversity is spiel. You're fat, Faunus. Accept it. And now, when you die, you'll go to the hell reserved especially for fatties. It's in the lowest level according to Dante. No, *****. ****ing Dante ****ing said the lowest level is for ****ing traitors and Judas and Satan and shit, you ****ing homo, so you and mother****ing Pellaeon and Tarken and Grievous and Ten Fur would chill there (lol @ chill, like a pun, like Mr. Freeze cuz it's cold).

Gideon
No, *****. ****ing Dante ****ing said the lowest level is for ****ing traitors and Judas and Satan and shit, you ****ing homo, so you and mother****ing Pellaeon and Tarken and Grievous and Ten Fur would chill there (lol @ chill, like a pun, like Mr. Freeze cuz it's cold).

LOLZ FATTY.

truejedi
and i can't give them to you off the top of my head, so i'll have to do that later. I thought it said he could have been on the council if he wanted to, but didn't have time for that, preferring action, or something along those lines... i've been wrong before tho...

Faunus
LOLZ FATTY. DO U NOT GET IT FAT *** UR A NERD IM THE HARDEST MOTHER****ER U EVER MET OR TALKED TO OR HEARD OF OR SEEN ON TV AS SED BY PYRO IN xmen 2 IM THE ****ING WORST BUT THE BEST AND THE BIGGEST IN SUM OTHER PLACES JUST ASK UR MOTHER

Gideon
and i can't give them to you off the top of my head, so i'll have to do that later. I thought it said he could have been on the council if he wanted to, but didn't have time for that, preferring action, or something along those lines... i've been wrong before tho...

Preferred action? WTF.

C'baoth liked hookers? He and I have a lot in common. Faunus's mom would be a favorite.

Faunus, I yield. Your gangstaness is too great.

truejedi
of course he did. He didn't follow the rules period. Besides, his character, the way its portrayed? do you see that guy a virgin? cause i don't see that... boning his padawan probably. He sure wanted her on Outbound Flight pretty badly for some reason.

Red Nemesis
Every author wants their character to be 'one of the most skilled in TEH ORDERZ HIZTOY'. It really gets old. Either that, or they turn the character into a whiny brat who can't do S***. I did like Outbound Flight though. It doesn't hurt to let go of all expectations of quality and read like a child again sometimes. It made me feel nostalgic for the Young Wizard series. God I read a lot of crap as a kid.

Gideon
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Every author wants their character to be 'one of the most skilled in TEH ORDERZ HIZTOY'. It really gets old. Either that, or they turn the character into a whiny brat who can't do S***. I did like Outbound Flight though. It doesn't hurt to let go of all expectations of quality and read like a child again sometimes. It made me feel nostalgic for the Young Wizard series. God I read a lot of crap as a kid.

Let it out, man. Vent.

Faunus
Preferred action? WTF.It's like affirmative action, but for hot people.

Don't bother, you wouldn't qualify.

Profiled.

Tangible God
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
WE WILL MISS YOU MARA!!! Well... I won't. But hey, you can't hold yourself to my standards.

Master Crimzon
Outbound Flight is the first SW novel I've ever read, so yeah, it holds a special place in my heart. Without it, it may be that none of you would have ever met me. *Cries* Sorry, that's a sad thought...

Anyways, Gideon, I'm gonna have to massacre you for bashing it. Just because I CAN.

MasterAshenVor
o.o SORRY i ment ti put it in EU forum but had a brain fart of sorts o.o....but yea Thrawn and Pallearon were AWESOME

BUT MARA JADE ROCKED her death was NEEDLESS she added a Psychotic and yet AWESOME element to the stories...whoever decided to kill her off...WILL BEAR MY FULL WRATH UPON THEIR SCREWED HEADS!!!!!!

Master Crimzon
http://www.starwars.hu/pix/center/extra/2005/karen_b.jpg

Finish her. DO IT.

Borbarad

Please remind me to smite Zahn for making you almost renounce your faith in me, son. But what do you mean with "it turned you emo"? I thought you were already?

That side: You're correct. Outbound Flight must have been the worst SW novel that was ever released. Ever. I bet Kevin J. Anderson can write better stuff on drugs, while Stover would probably write better novels than that even if he was dead.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Borbarad
I bet Kevin J. Anderson can write better stuff on drugs, while Stover would probably write better novels than that even if he was dead.

There are just so many things wrong with that statement. no expression

MasterAshenVor
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
http://www.starwars.hu/pix/center/extra/2005/karen_b.jpg

Finish her. DO IT.

*Takes Lightsaber and Chops Head off then mounts head on Stick dancing around it with Techno Blaring (Eiffel 65 : Im Blue) while kicking her body around with my foot*

I think im over it now smile

truejedi
Originally posted by Borbarad

You're correct. Outbound Flight must have been the worst SW novel that was ever released. Ever.

care to extropolate on that statement? You must have some reason for feeling thus, and i strongly disagree.

Darth Martin
Shouldn't this be in the EU section?

Gideon
care to extropolate on that statement? You must have some reason for feeling thus, and i strongly disagree.

The plot is ridiculous, as with all other Zahn-works.

truejedi
what parts of it exactly? Thrawn defeating a CIS fleet? the whole concept of 6 dreadnaughts all hooked together trying to leave the galaxy? Battle Meditation? C'Baouth stopping a missile with the force?
I'm just curious as to what you find so ridiculous.

Lord Knightfa11
hmmm mara jade was the best character ever created for the sole purpose of SEX!

Allankles
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Wow, Glentract. That's pretty weak.

Mara jade is what made Luke Skywalker bearable post RotJ.

No wait, bearable period. I love this women about as much as you can love a fictional character.

Luke was okay pre Thrawn. The ten or so years after ROTJ, for the most part those stories were great space opera fan fare. But his transition to grand master wasn't handle properly in a lot of cases. In fact his character started getting less cool after he married Mara. That's not a knock on Mara, just how I observed things. Marriage makes some these characters a lot less cool. That's why characters like Yoda and Obi Wan fit more easily into their mentor roles.

Allankles

Considering what's been thrown around as EU lately (the Lotf novels mostly) Outbound is far from the worst EU can offer. But it had a very dry plot, considering it's in-universe and fan hype for almost a decade (since I Jedi I believe if I'm not mistaken).

I actually went out to get Outbound Flight and it was a huge disappointment. I wasn't expecting the best book I'll ever read, just one of the best SW stories, considering the almost mythological status of the event in-universe (and otherwise) before the actual novel was written.

Raptor22
mara war awesom i sucks she died they should have killed tahiri shes the dumbest most annoying character ever. also i think they should make a movie/show with mara, live action or cg I always pictured her with a great rack. and outbound flight war pretty bad but children of the jedi was the absolute worst SW book maybe the worst book ever

Lord Lucien
Aagh! I think my retinas detached. Grammar, need... grammar.

mattatom
Originally posted by Raptor22
mara war awesom i sucks she died they should have killed tahiri shes the dumbest most annoying character ever. also i think they should make a movie/show with mara, live action or cg I always pictured her with a great rack. and outbound flight war pretty bad but children of the jedi was the absolute worst SW book maybe the worst book ever
Must...Declare...Grammaticide...

Red Nemesis
nah due. Dont sweat the small stuff.

(R=S is kind of a problem tho)

u guize r jerx

mattatom
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
nah due. Dont sweat the small stuff.

(R=S is kind of a problem tho)

u guize r jerx
Your nazi-ness is rubbing off on us Red. wink

Nephthys
That's how Hitler did it too.

A hobo told me. shifty

chilled monkey
Mara Jade is awesome. She and Luke were such an amazing couple. I was delighted when I read the ending of "Vision of the Future". It's one of my favourite SW novels.

"Union" was also a great story.

Gideon
They should have killed Leia. She's useless.

Nephthys
Yeah, but having Jacen kill his own mother would have been a little extreme don't you think. Plus she's protected by an OT-Lucas barrier, which gives her +50con.

Darth Truculent
In the NJO series, Jaina should have been killed and not Anakin. I think Anakin vs Caedus would have been an awesome fight. That Star Destroyer where Jaina killed him would have been in ruins if those two Force titans clashed. Mara and Kyp both believed that Anakin was the future of the Jedi.

Raptor22
i agree that anakin should have lived but in the back of the unifying force ther was an interview with various authors and and editors and they planned to have anakin inherit the jedi mantle from luke but lucas said anakin had to die

mattatom
I believe it was becaus those retarded fans would make th assumption that Anakin Solo=Anakin Skywalker and get confused. He shouldn't of died sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.