Life On Mars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~Forever*Alone~
It's about a cop who gets hits by a car and finds himself in the year 1973, where he solves a murder and maybe prevents the creation of a murderer, the story is not so clear.

So far as I've seen it is a good show, it did only premier last night. At first I wasn't interested in it but my little sister who is a big fan of David Bowie forced me to watch it, and I don't regret it. I am eager to see where it goes.

anyone else?

Ushgarak
Without Philip Glenister (who I understand was actually asked to do it) it's never going to match up to the original.

It is, again, hard to see why they saw the need to re-make this one. Heck, the sequel series is still running in the UK and they've already begun a knock-off American version? At least they waitd until The Office had finished.

jaden101
at least they didn't get an American to play the gene hunt part...i guess it would have to be an Irish cop in the US version to keep the comedy element

from the trailer though, it looks like they've entirely missed the point of the original

Peach
When I first saw that they were playing Life on Mars here, I was so excited.

Then I noticed it was a remake instead of the actual series, and decided I wasn't going to bother.

jaden101
from the trailer it looks almost a direct copy of the UK 1...same scenes and jokes...which isn't a bad thing...obviously it can't have the same dialogue as the UK version...i'm not entirely sure what the comparable cultural references would be

i'm saying it wont work but then again i'm a cynical person by nature...and if i was to use the office remake as a reference...that was actually pretty good in its own right despite me thinking it wouldn't

i'll probably give this a watch...maybe download an episode to see what it's like just for comparison

BruceSkywalker
This was horrible to watch.

The acting was very stale

MildPossession
In a review today they said they use about half of the original series dialogue script for the remake series. Or something like that, can't quite remember, but use quite a lot apparently.

~Forever*Alone~
this I didnt even know was a remake, I've never heard of the original, although my mom mentioned something last night about it while we were watching....

jaden101
Originally posted by MildPossession
In a review today they said they use about half of the original series dialogue script for the remake series. Or something like that, can't quite remember, but use quite a lot apparently.

i was meaning more in terms of the regional words and phrases...i can hardly picture the American's saying

and other such classics.

kodak
Originally posted by Peach
When I first saw that they were playing Life on Mars here, I was so excited.

Then I noticed it was a remake instead of the actual series, and decided I wasn't going to bother. same here.

i loved the UK Life on mars, i have it on dvd, but still woulda been nice to see it on tv.

MildPossession
Does anyone know where I can see a video of the opening credits for the remake series? I want to compare it to the original opening credits, if the remake has one. Tried on Youtube but can't find anything.

Thanks.

Dave_97
Originally posted by MildPossession
Does anyone know where I can see a video of the opening credits for the remake series? I want to compare it to the original opening credits, if the remake has one. Tried on Youtube but can't find anything.

Thanks. youtube?

MildPossession
Did you actually read my post...

jaden101
Maybe he's retarded and was asking what youtube is. Mind you...You're way of looking at his post makes him look retarded as well. Either way...Proper mong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.