ROTJ Luke & Quinlan Vos vs. Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sup3rman1521
Which side takes this?

Enyalus
The team does. Sadly. sad

My poor Maulibear.

Kotor3
Luke does it by myself.

Darth Angel
Why is that? Actually I think Maul takes it. If he can beat Qui-gon jinn and Obi-wan, why can't he beat ROTJ luke or Quinlan Vos? Qui-gon jinn is a experienced jedi master who could probably beat Quinlan and definitely could beat ROTJ. Obi-wan was a padawan already ready to Jed Knight status who has much more training then ROTJ Luke.

I think maul takes this one. Vos can't beat Maul, and if Luke attacked Maul like he did against Vader, Maul would do to him the same he did against an enraged Obi-wan, would "feed on his anger, turning it against him"

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Kotor3
Luke does it by myself.

hahaha....wait you are serious?

Kotor3
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
hahaha....wait you are serious?

Pretty much Yes!

Vader could not defeat him in saber combat, Maul might be able to but it could go both ways.

You know what I am going to make a thread about it.

Elite Hunter
Pretty much Yes!

Vader could not defeat him in saber combat, Maul might be able to but it could go both ways. No Vader couldn't beat him when Vader wasn't going all out and Luke was giving into his anger aka using the darkside since the begining of the fight. Vader was certainly caught off guard by Luke's onslaught when he mentioned Leia. When Maul was going all out vs Obiwan who was using the darkside he still outclassed him.

In this duel Luke will not be using the darkside since he has no reason to. Without that he would have been killed by Vader should Vader had been going all out since the begining of their duel.

Kotor3
No Vader couldn't beat him when Vader wasn't going all out and Luke was giving into his anger aka using the darkside since the begining of the fight. Vader was certainly caught off guard by Luke's onslaught when he mentioned Leia. When Maul was going all out vs Obiwan who was using the darkside he still outclassed him.

In this duel Luke will not be using the darkside since he has no reason to. Without that he would have been killed by Vader should Vader had been going all out since the begining of their duel.

You know I am only referring to saber combat. If Vader used the force Luke would have been dead which I agree. Since I never read the novels I am only going off the movies. And Maul never outclassed Obiwan in my opinion. Obiwan's onslaught in my opinion was nothing compared to the one Luke gave to Vader or Anakin to Dooku.

I never saw anything special about Maul.

Elite Hunter
And Maul never outclassed Obiwan in my opinion. Obiwan's onslaught in my opinion was nothing compared to the one Luke gave to Vader or Anakin to Dooku.

Obiwan's opinion>your opinion

Jedi vs Sith:

When the last door lifted,I gave in to my anger as I charged the dark warrior. I absolutely wanted to destroy him. He used my anger against me,actually fed off my fury,gaining strength as I exhausted my own. I lost my lightsaber and he had me.

Maul Wins

He is called "one of the deadliest Sith apprentices in history,"in the Complete Visual Dictionary

He was trained by Sidious in both the sith and jedi arts.(dark Side source book)

He defeated Anoon Bondara who had had lightsaber skills(technical skill) second to none prior to TPM. (yes I had to mention it)

Maul survived on a planet by himself for a month all the while being attacked by"hordes of deadly assassin droids" then on the same planet (after he was exhausted,hungry, and wounded) he dueled Darth Sidious and gave him a run for his money.

In shadow hunter he is described to move as a "blur"

Anoon's apprentice Darsha Assant tried to commit a suicidal explosion that would kill her and Maul because she couldn't kill him in one on one.

He outdueled the nightsister Mighella who was the personal body guard of Alexi Garyn,the leader of the blacksun,then he was able to resist her force lightning and cut her in two still being hit by the force lightning.

He infiltrated the Black Sun and killed its leader Alexi Graryn, his body guard the Mighella and all of the Vigos and their body guards.

He out dueled Obiwan and killed Qui-gon who is described in the TPM novel "one of the most able swordsmen in the Jedi order" and he wasn't even at a 100%.

Two different sources say that while it may have looked like TPM(DS) Obiwan was beating Maul it was in fact the opposite Obiwan caught him by surprise but as they continued their 1v1 duel, Maul was getting stronger and Obiwan was getting weaker. Neither source contradicts the movie because they are describing what we can't see with out eyes which is the character's thoughts and how they physically feel.

As a practitioner of Juyo Maul is thus a "high level master of multiple forms"

Kotor3
Obiwan's opinion>your opinion

Jedi vs Sith:

When the last door lifted,I gave in to my anger as I charged the dark warrior. I absolutely wanted to destroy him. He used my anger against me,actually fed off my fury,gaining strength as I exhausted my own. I lost my lightsaber and he had me.

Ok your evidence make sense however I do not like Maul and will still side with Luke because he and Revan are my favorite characters in star wars.

Darth Martin
Luke does it by myself. Beat Darth Maul? laughing

Xero_Ganner
Quinlan Vos and Luke-daddy would probably win.

Luke-greatest jedi to ever live
Quinlan-excellent jedi, even knew some of vaapad(you know, windu's god technique that even yoda says made him unbeatable in lightsaber combat)

Red Nemesis
RotJ Luke =/= Greatest Jedi

RotJ Luke + approx. 40 years = Greatest Jedi

Mizukage Yoda
Luke does it by myself. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.