Count Dooku and Galen Marek vs. Yoda and ROTS Obi-Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mizukage Yoda
All out location: Valley of the Jedi

Red Nemesis
Jedi stomp.

Greatest foe the Darkness had ever known + Ultimate master of Soresu = Two dead Sith.

Borbarad
Obi-Wan will get destroyed in about five seconds by Dooku or Galen using the force. Then they double-team Yoda. End of story.

Red Nemesis
*But Obi-Wan stood up to the Chosen One's force push.*

Yoda >>> Dooku.

Yoda >>>>>>>> Marek.

He can't solo this, but with a meatshield holding one of the Sith away from him I think that the Jedi would win.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
He can't solo this, but with a meatshield holding one of the Sith away from him I think that the Jedi would win.

What part of "Obi-Wan will get destroyed in 5 seconds" was it that you didn't understand?

JesterTheFool
sith stomp. Obi taken out quickly. Marek and dooku are way to much for yoda

Enyalus
The Jedi take this. Especially if Galen is in Sith mode.

JesterTheFool
DS marek then jedi win. LS marek then dooku and marek win

truejedi
Yoda and Obi-Wan dominate. What can either one of the sith do to obi-wan that yoda won't do to the other sith in the meantime? Obi-wan's no pushover, to either Dooku, or Marek. (especially to marek)

In fact, i can't see marek beating obi-wan. Shaak Ti had Marek beaten before he pretty much force screwed her while she had her lightsaber extinguished. Obi-Wan is clearly > than Shaak Ti. Dooku could beat obi-wan, but a duel between marek and yoda would be as lopsided as teh duel between marek and sidious after sidious gave up on turning marek to the darksdie.
Jedi WTF pwn.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by truejedi
Obi-wan's no pushover to Dooku, Revenge of the Sith disagrees w/ you. smile

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Revenge of the Sith disagrees w/ you. smile There's "defeated by Dooku" then there's "a pushover to Dooku."

Pushover to Dooku is like Ahsoka to Dooku. But the Clone Wars I'm sure will prove quite the opposite.

Ultimate Vader
Dooku vs Obi-Wan = Dooku
Dooku vs Yoda = Yoda
Marek (sith) vs Obi-Wan = Obi-Wan
Marek (sith) vs Yoda = Yoda
Marek (jedi) vs Obi-Wan = Marek
Marek (jedi) vs Yoda = Yoda

Depends on the team and the match.

1.Dooku fights Obi and Sith Marek fights Yoda, then Dooku wins and Marek loses, then Dooku fights Yoda, then Yoda comes out as the victorious one.
2.Dooku fights Yoda and Sith Marek fights Obi, then Dooku loses and Marek loses, maybe some luck and Marek wins, but eventually he wil lose to Yoda. Yoda wins again.
3.Dooku fights Obi and Jedi Marek fights Yoda, then Dooku wins and Marek loses then Dooku, then Dooku fights Yoda, then Yoda wins for the third time.
4.Dooku fights Yoda and Jedi Marek fights Obi, then Dooku loses and Marek wins. Then Marek fights Yoda and Yoda wins. But Obi can win too, 50/50. Also Marek can win too against Yoda, but with lucky and very small percentage.

Result : Jedi Team win 100% of the time, but it can be 90% of the time if there's some luck.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Ultimate Vader
Dooku vs Obi-Wan = Dooku
Dooku vs Yoda = Yoda
Marek (sith) vs Obi-Wan = Obi-Wan
Marek (sith) vs Yoda = Yoda
Marek (jedi) vs Obi-Wan = Marek
Marek (jedi) vs Yoda = Yoda

Depends on the team and the match.

1.Dooku fights Obi and Sith Marek fights Yoda, then Dooku wins and Marek loses, then Dooku fights Yoda, then Yoda comes out as the victorious one.
2.Dooku fights Yoda and Sith Marek fights Obi, then Dooku loses and Marek loses, maybe some luck and Marek wins, but eventually he wil lose to Yoda. Yoda wins again.
3.Dooku fights Obi and Jedi Marek fights Yoda, then Dooku wins and Marek loses then Dooku, then Dooku fights Yoda, then Yoda wins for the third time.
4.Dooku fights Yoda and Jedi Marek fights Obi, then Dooku loses and Marek wins. Then Marek fights Yoda and Yoda wins. But Obi can win too, 50/50. Also Marek can win too against Yoda, but with lucky and very small percentage.

Result : Jedi Team win 100% of the time, but it can be 90% of the time if there's some luck.

but the daft assumption uv made there is that everyone fights one on one, and that both fights last the exact same amount of time.
Obi1 is the weak link here, and he can easily be taken out the most quickly.

If Dooku can take him out with a flick of the wrist while fending off him and Anakin, then I dnt see why either Dooku or Marek could spare a few seconds to do that again while theyre both mainly concentrating on Yoda. then Yoda would get double teamed with NO distractions.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Tangible God
There's "defeated by Dooku" then there's "a pushover to Dooku."

Pushover to Dooku is like Ahsoka to Dooku. But the Clone Wars I'm sure will prove quite the opposite. Seems quit the pushover to me when talking about him vs Dooku. Once Dooku go serious he seperated him. Then right when Kenobi got back up Dooku again seperated him, but this time permanently. It was clear that Dooku was only interested in Anakin and Kenobi was like a fly being swatted around.

Ultimate Vader
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
but the daft assumption uv made there is that everyone fights one on one, and that both fights last the exact same amount of time.
Obi1 is the weak link here, and he can easily be taken out the most quickly.

If Dooku can take him out with a flick of the wrist while fending off him and Anakin, then I dnt see why either Dooku or Marek could spare a few seconds to do that again while theyre both mainly concentrating on Yoda. then Yoda would get double teamed with NO distractions.

Indeed, I made that prediction if everyone fights one on one, and htat both fights last the exact same amount of time. Well, if it's 2 on 2, I think the Sith Team have big chance to win. Because I predict Obi-Wan will be the first to go down (remember what Dooku did to Obi in AOTC and ROTS?). And Yoda has to fight both of them after Obi is down. And personally, I don't think Yoda can take them both at the same time. If it's Jedi Marek, I doubt Yoda has big chance of winning. But this fight will be whole different story if it's Sith Marek. I think the Jedi Team will win if it's Jedi Marek.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Ultimate Vader
Indeed, I made that prediction if everyone fights one on one, and htat both fights last the exact same amount of time. Well, if it's 2 on 2, I think the Sith Team have big chance to win. Because I predict Obi-Wan will be the first to go down (remember what Dooku did to Obi in AOTC and ROTS?). And Yoda has to fight both of them after Obi is down. And personally, I don't think Yoda can take them both at the same time. If it's Jedi Marek, I doubt Yoda has big chance of winning. But this fight will be whole different story if it's Sith Marek. I think the Jedi Team will win if it's Jedi Marek.
Marek beat Yoda laughing
Remember this is the Valley of the Jedi so the Jedi get a power boost. This is Jedi Marek

Ultimate Vader
And Yoda get a power boost too big grin. And Obi get a power boost too. Oh, no. I forgot about The Valley of The Jedi. Jedi Team win this hands down. I thought this is a neutral ground like Nar Shadaa. Forgive my mistake, please.

Oh, I have a correction to do. I think the Jedi Team will win if it's SITH Marek, not Jedi Marek. But all of them is applicable only to neutral ground. On Valley of The Jedi, Jedi Team win every time smile

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Marek beat Yoda laughing
Remember this is the Valley of the Jedi so the Jedi get a power boost. This is Jedi Marek

...Both sides get a power boost, regardless of alignment. Just like the Dark Jedi Jerec did.

truejedi
Yoda could defeat marek as quickly as sidious did, so in the case, as listed above, that Dooku can take out obi-wan in 5 seconds, those same five seconds would include yoda taking out marek, so then you have dooku vs. yoda, and we know how that goes.
Obi-wan would defeat Marek, or at least give him a very good fight, not a five second KO as seems to be implied here. remember marek was losing to shaak ti who is not as powerful as kenobi. Yoda would defeat Dooku by the time Marek coudl get the upperhand against Obi-Wan.

Darth_Glentract
I doubt that the Jedi win. They don't have the offensive Force powers to quickly eliminate an opponent. Yoda is the strongest in the Force, but he can't effectively use all that power. Obi-wan isn't a pushover either, but he can offensively use the Force even less than Yoda. It's close, but it probably goes to the Sith.

Interesting thread, btw

Mizukage Yoda
^Thanks Glentract smile

Lightsnake
How can Yoda not 'effectively' use his power?

Vorpal Ruin
I see the Jedi winning every time. I can see Obi-Wan holding off whoever he fights long enough for Yoda to kill the other one then help Obi-Wan.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Lightsnake
How can Yoda not 'effectively' use his power?

He means that he can't use it to attack, like with Force lightning. The epic Force push against Palpatine in the movie begs to differ though.

Lightsnake, This is an old point, but in the novelizations, the higher level Jedi use the force to turn their fights into maelstroms of debris- Marek and Vader aren't the only ones to throw stuff in fights. Dooku throws tables and stuff at Anakin, Anakin throws 'slivers of steel' that he makes with his lightsaber during the fight at Kenobi, though interestingly Yoda and Sidious aren't noted to have used this tactic.

Lightsnake
Maybe it's just me, but aren't there plenty of effective light side force attacks that yoda'd have access to, just TK aside?

Heck, in Acts of War, he disables or kills a Yinchorri by slamming him into the wall with his TK...and considering how Dooku beats Kenobi?

Faunus
YYYYYOOOOOODDDDDDAAAAAA!!!!

Dooku and Marek win. Obi-Wan gets Force-pwned off the bat, and Yoda proceeds to die a glorious death.

DARTH POWER
ROTS Obi1 just get Force pwned too easily by Dooku level and above Force users.. Whilst Yoda is not going to pwn either of these 2 THAT quickly.
If we make it ANH Obi1 then I say the Jedi would definetely win this, as I think Obi1's power in the force had substantially grown by then, and I assume he was still the Master of Soresu.

Enyalus
I really think Dooku WTFpwning Obi-Wan with the Force in ROTS was a one-time fluke thing. That Obi-Wan had gotten sloppy with his Force shields and it wouldn't happen again.

Unfortunately there's no evidence that I can back up my assumption with.

It really doesn't make sense to have such a defensive saber style, indicating a long and drawn out fight, if you're going to get stomped with the Force in a few seconds.

Faunus
Originally posted by Enyalus
I really think Dooku WTFpwning Obi-Wan with the Force in ROTS was a one-time fluke thing. That Obi-Wan had gotten sloppy with his Force shields and it wouldn't happen again.

Unfortunately there's no evidence that I can back up my assumption with.

It really doesn't make sense to have such a defensive saber style, indicating a long and drawn out fight, if you're going to get stomped with the Force in a few seconds. Considering that there're only two people on the other side who are capable of doing that to him, one of whom he didn't even know about, it makes perfect sense.

truejedi
Obi-wan did get pwned in the force multiple times by Dooku, BUT, it wasn't at the very beginning of the battle. If dooku could have destroyed Obi-wan with the force in the first 5 seconds like has been posted on this thread, doesn't it make sense that he would have done so? The time between the beginning of their duel, and the time it took Dooku to take Obi-wan out of that fight would be ample time for Yoda to take out marek. If the reverse fight were true, then Marek rarely attacked with the force first, choosing to attack with sabers until he realized he can't win, and then launch a desperation force assault. He did that in each of his duels with Jedi during the game. That would give yoda time to remove dooku from the equation.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by truejedi
Obi-wan did get pwned in the force multiple times by Dooku, BUT, it wasn't at the very beginning of the battle. If dooku could have destroyed Obi-wan with the force in the first 5 seconds like has been posted on this thread, doesn't it make sense that he would have done so?

Dooku was toying with them at the beginning of the ROTS duel.

DARTH POWER
It only took Dooku a few seconds to Force push Obi1 and seperate him from the fight the first time. the second time Obi1 entered the duel he lasted about 2 seconds before getting Force pwned.

the Fact is Dooku was the 3rd best Force user of the prequel era. Even better than Mace (in Force use only).. so only Yoda, Sidious and Dooku could pwn Obi1 that easily with the Force during the prequel era.

truejedi
could Marek?

DARTH POWER
well since Marek seems to be at least Vader's equal in the Force then yes wed reasonably assume that he can force pwn ROTS Obi1 too. but like iv already stated if its ANH Obi1 then thats a completely different story.

truejedi
Marek being Vader's equal doesn't mean much. Is Marek Dooku's equal is the question that needs answered.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.