How many punches from Superman would it take to kill Hulk?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superman XX5
One?-Two?-Three?

Mindset
infinite

Kasper Gutman
I'm sure the various forms of Hulk can be punched out but not beaten to death. I doubt even the Skyfathers + could do that.

Endrict Nuul
One good shot to the sun....

Enyalus
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

Supes has done that once, right?

snoopdogg
Depends on his mood.

ultimatethor
He can be koed but im not sure how many it wud take to kill im

Bada's Palin
Depends on how hard Superman hits smile

Nemesis X
Superman can only end this if he punches Hulk right into the sun.

tkitna
Depends on how pissed off the Hulk is.

Base Hulk? I'd say Supes knocks him out and then kills him after 20 or more punches.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Superman can only end this if he punches Hulk right into the sun. Supes can end a fight with Hulk whenever he wants.

ultimatethor
The force of supermans blows themselves wont do any irreparable damage, Hulk would have to end up in the sun or a nearby star to be killed.

The Illuminati
There is no such #

Nemesis X
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Supes can end a fight with Hulk whenever he wants.

Obviously you're a Superman fanboy so I won't argue since it's nearly impossible to change the mind that is a fan (especially if it's a Superman one).

fangirl101
Thru the skull, pushing his brain out.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Superman XX5
One?-Two?-Three?
The world may never know.
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t116/leytea74/MrOwl.jpg

Enyalus
That was simply beautiful...

Superman XX5
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
The world may never know.
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t116/leytea74/MrOwl.jpg I laughed. smile

Superman XX5
This is funny.
SYDWMSRbAyE

Nestical
Originally posted by fangirl101

retarded. supes ain't killing hulk with mere punches

jalek moye
it will heal

all supes can do is knock him out none can kill hulk by punches, you'd have to somehow hit hard enough for it to disengrate him completly

Enyalus
I didn't realize Hulk had a brain.

TheBadguy
No such thing

Mindset
Originally posted by Enyalus
I didn't realize Hulk had a brain. He has three

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Enyalus
I didn't realize Hulk had a brain.
Yeah. He's even got a brain for his heart. He'll kick you apart.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by jalek moye
it will heal

all supes can do is knock him out none can kill hulk by punches, you'd have to somehow hit hard enough for it to disengrate him completly
When the hell has hulk ever had his head removed and healed...

Nemesis X
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
When the hell has hulk ever had his head removed and healed...

Never. People just don't want their favorite Marvel hero to get killed.

Wei Phoenix
How is it impossible for Hulk to be killed with punches? Juggernaut almost did it when he KOed him. The only thing stopping him from finishing him was the Red Skull. So if Cain can do it with a few blows to the face then I think Supes can too.

vansonbee
When the hell has hulk ever had his head removed and healed... We don't even know for fact Superman can knock off Hulk head. lolz, this thread is bias and has nothing to do with debates

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
How is it impossible for Hulk to be killed with punches? Juggernaut almost did it when he KOed him. The only thing stopping him from finishing him was the Red Skull. So if Cain can do it with a few blows to the face then I think Supes can too.

That was prof hulk whose HF was on a far lower scale than even savage hulk let alone WWH. Supes blows themselves certainly wont be doing any irreparable damage.

Symmetric Chaos
It depends on the mood of each of them and which physical laws are being applied to the fight. Generally speaking I doubt Supes would be able to kill Hulk with any number of punches.

occultdestroyer
One clean Falcon Punch straight to the heart.

DeathKap
i dont think he could ever kill hulk with just punch's

quanchi112
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Supes can end a fight with Hulk whenever he wants. No,he cant.Originally posted by Nestical
retarded. supes ain't killing hulk with mere punches Agreed.

When the hell has hulk ever had his head removed and healed... Supes isnt knocking Hulk's head off. Thats the point.

fangirl101
One Superfast vibrating punch into the dome.

quanchi112
One Superfast vibrating punch into the dome. When has Superman killed anyone?

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112
When has Superman killed anyone?
Doomsday. Your point?

quanchi112
Doomsday. Your point? A very weak Doomsday. He didnt even kill WW and he was more powerful,sun-amped,and out for the kill.

Hulk will get stronger and stronger when his anger level rises with each punch.

ultimatethor
even if supes vibrates or whatever, hulk has healed from brain damage easily. Really no amount of punches from supes will kill the hulk.

huge_gorila

Avlon
WIth Hulks healing factor, I don't see punches killing him..at least not at standard human levels.

KO..definitely, killing? HV would be a far better choice.

fangirl101
Originally posted by ultimatethor
even if supes vibrates or whatever, hulk has healed from brain damage easily. Really no amount of punches from supes will kill the hulk.
Not brain damage, his brain being pushed out side of his body.

quanchi112
Not brain damage, his brain being pushed out side of his body. When has Superman done this to anyone?

vansonbee
Originally posted by quanchi112
When has Superman done this to anyone?
In orgy dreams bansex

Hannibal-Lector
well wuts Hulks base str? which version of hulk

vansonbee
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
well wuts Hulks base str? which version of hulk
That shouldn't even be imply. Their no point comparing with superman fans :P

big juggy man
Ummm you people make fun of Superman fan boys then you say Superman cant kill the Hulk by punching him? I forgot what issue this was but it was the issue when Juggernaut in regular clothers beat the Hulk senseless. Well according to the writers if Juggernaut kept punching the Hulk he would of killed him.

ultimatethor
Not brain damage, his brain being pushed out side of his body.

If supes punched hulk in the head, supes wud mash up hulks brain and skull. Hulk wud probably be koed but wud heal pretty quickly I dont kno what u mean by his brain being pushed out of his body.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by big juggy man
Ummm you people make fun of Superman fan boys then you say Superman cant kill the Hulk by punching him? I forgot what issue this was but it was the issue when Juggernaut in regular clothers beat the Hulk senseless. Well according to the writers if Juggernaut kept punching the Hulk he would of killed him.

It was Professor hulk who had far lower HF than most other hulks. Heck it took that hulk days to heal from a broken neck in comparison WWH healed from the same in mere moments.

Markus Corvinus
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

That wouldn't kill him....

skygunner41
Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
That wouldn't kill him....

That would fries him. stick out tongue

vansonbee
Originally posted by big juggy man
That was professor Hulk and he was getting drowned :P consistency is real funny.

Originally posted by skygunner41
That would fries him. stick out tongue
Hell ya :P

janus77
can't be done... initial punch would piss off Hulk and his instantaneous exponential power-up would make him too strong to even feel the next punch from Superman.

pretty soon Superman would start to tire, while Hulk just starts spittin' intense gamma radiation all over the place (further debilitating Superman).

Philosophía
Originally posted by vansonbee
In orgy dreams bansex

Lulz.

Kasper Gutman
Hulk can't be beaten to death due to the insane HF. That gets me to thinking about others. Immortal Herc also couldn't be beaten to death, which was proven in a super long beating by Hyde, Wrecking Crew etc. Herc had 1 heatbeat every 10 minutes. On the other hand classic Thor seems more durable but could be beaten to death. With Superman its debatable. If he could be then that first DD fight would have done it. Sentry should be killable. Juggernaut nope, its a waste of someone's knuckles. Wonderman? Hard to say with all that energy filling him, he might live through a beating. Namor, should be killable. Silver Surfer or Current Thor with either Cosmic Power or Odinforce should be able to live through any sort of beating imo. Unless they're in some sort of magically induced coma that prevents them from healing themselves. Colossus...if his arms can be bent, why not someone pancaking his cranium. He'd have to be held down through the process though. Stopping there cause its getting morbid : (

Allankles
If supes punched hulk in the head, supes wud mash up hulks brain and skull. Hulk wud probably be koed but wud heal pretty quickly I dont kno what u mean by his brain being pushed out of his body.

This just means separating Hulk's brain from his body, which would effectively kill him. But that doesn't involve punching and it would be very out of character for Supes.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Allankles
This just means separating Hulk's brain from his body, which would effectively kill him. But that doesn't involve punching and it would be very out of character for Supes.

I know what it is i just was wondering how this would be acomplished through punching. Whether it wud actually kill him im not so sure.

Allankles
I know what it is i just was wondering how this would be acomplished through punching. Whether it wud actually kill him im not so sure.

Characters can survive brain damage, Supes himself has survived seemingly massive brain damage on two occasions that I know and kept fighting, but getting your brain's connection to your body severed would effectively isolate the vital organ from your body and any HF benefits.

Of course for Supes lethal lobotomy with HV is the only way he could effectively do this to Hulk, which again has nothing to do with punching.

janus77
no one short of Galactus level should be able to punch Hulk's brains out... it's not as if he hasn't had people trying to do that to him.

it's just that he's durable enough to endure anything a herald leveller (low level, in the case of Superman) can throw at him.

Dr Strange, amped by a fraction of the power of Zom could rip through his TORSO, effectively disconnecting his brain from his body and ... it took a single panel for Hulk to completely heal over, EACH TIME and without ever losing a beat.

Superman cannot kill Hulk, won't happen. even sending Hulk to the sun will achieve nothing as Hulk has already endured the pressures and forces of a blackhole.

also, as Maestro said, Hulk is in all likelihood "functionally immortal", he'll reform from whatever happens.

Brutacus
Don't think iff superman would hit hulks head in to orbit he would die.
Since he shown some great healing ability.
He has been eaten by bugs to the bone, and healed from it.
So it's really the question iff he would die iff he loses his head.

ultimatethor
Characters can survive brain damage, Supes himself has survived seemingly massive brain damage on two occasions that I know and kept fighting, but getting your brain's connection to your body severed would effectively isolate the vital organ from your body and any HF benefits.

Of course for Supes lethal lobotomy with HV is the only way he could effectively do this to Hulk, which again has nothing to do with punching.

The maestro was completely disintegrated and he still came back.

Allankles
The maestro was completely disintegrated and he still came back.

Is he the Hulk we're discussing? Without a connection to his heart his brain will have no way of being functional to his body. Severing his connection to his body means that his body has no brain, and therefore Hulk cannot function and his life dissipates, his spirit leaving his body for good.

I don't really think some writers understand the limits of healing factors. Unless you're a skyfather and above with power over your own life force there's no resurrecting from that kind of damage.

The disintegration of your brain and heart means that you lose the engines that keep you tied to the physical plane. If they are simply damaged that's doable, disintegrated or severed? Unless you have mystical power over life itself you're gone to the afterlife: dead.

There's no purely physical force that'll keep you alive, not unless you're some kind of liquidator who has no use for organs in the first place or some kind of mystical undead being.

EDIT: Essentially if you're a reconstituting yourself from a bunch of cells, you've stepped out of the realm of "healing" factors and into the realm of out-of-body matter manipulation i.e. if you aren't some mystical entity.

Unless the Hulk has some kind of means to matter manip his body back when he's no longer a physical being (he's not some simple single cell organism people), then that's just some dodgy writing (no offense).

Otherwise his vital organs wouldn't be vital and he wouldn't even need a healing factor, because he can apparently do without his organs anyway.

Allankles

ultimatethor
Is he the Hulk we're discussing? Without a connection to his heart his brain will have no way of being functional to his body. Severing his connection to his body means that his body has no brain, and therefore Hulk cannot function and his life dissipates, his spirit leaving his body for good.

I don't really think some writers understand the limits of healing factors. Unless you're a skyfather and above with power over your own life force there's no resurrecting from that kind of damage.

The disintegration of your brain and heart means that you lose the engines that keep you tied to the physical plane. If they are simply damaged that's doable, disintegrated or severed? Unless you have mystical power over life itself you're gone to the afterlife: dead.

There's no purely physical force that'll keep you alive, not unless you're some kind of liquidator who has no use for organs in the first place or some kind of mystical undead being.

Actually, the maestro did say that he and hulk were exactly the same in the sense that they wud always come back. So its not something that applies only to the maestro but all hulks. Maestro was completely atomized and still came back. Also as for the heart thing, Hulk has healed back, his heart lungs, kidneys( all his internal organs) when they were completely gone in just a few minutes. So those healing factor "limits" as u put it just dont apply.

Endless Mike

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by Avlon
WIth Hulks healing factor, I don't see punches killing him..at least not at standard human levels.

KO..definitely, killing? HV would be a far better choice.

You disappoint me.

If Thor can kill Hulk with punches, I reckon Superman would be able to smile

Allankles
Actually, the maestro did say that he and hulk were exactly the same in the sense that they wud always come back. So its not something that applies only to the maestro but all hulks. Maestro was completely atomized and still came back. Also as for the heart thing, Hulk has healed back, his heart lungs, kidneys( all his internal organs) when they were completely gone in just a few minutes. So those healing factor "limits" as u put it just dont apply.

Then they're not really "healing" factors we're talking about are they? Because reconstituting yourself after atomization is not really healing is it? Which begs the question, why does Hulk need organs in the first place?

If he needs his organs to be functional, he can be killed. It's a basic dependence principal. His organs indicate he doesn't function as a single cell organism or some anomaly of life (since he needs the standard organs of life to function) and if you can make his vitals organs cease to function for his body you can kill him.

A writer who knows the difference between a healing factor and out-of-body matter manipulation would know this.

Hulk is no Doomsday who doesn't have internal organs, he isn't that kind of an anomaly. He has organs which work to maintain his life.

ultimatethor
Then they're not really "healing" factors we're talking about are they? Because reconstituting yourself after atomization is not really healing is it? Which begs the question, why does Hulk need organs in the first place?

If he needs his organs to be functional, he can be killed. It's a basic dependence principal. His organs indicate he doesn't function as a single cell organism and if you can make his vitals organs cease to function for his body you can kill him.

A writer who knows the difference between a healing factor and out-of-body matter manipulation would know this.

Well maybe that how is should be but it certainly not like that with hulk. Hulk has healed back all his organs(heart,lungs, intestines everything was completely gone) in just a few minutes. Maestro from atomization. So even if u can make his vital organs cease to function, he will regenerate. Whether this is an actual Hf or out of body manipulation as u called it i dont know as it seems neither do the writers.

Allankles
Well maybe that how is should be but it certainly not like that with hulk. Hulk has healed back all his organs(heart,lungs, intestines everything was completely gone) in just a few minutes. Maestro from atomization. So even if u can make his vital organs cease to function, he will regenerate. Whether this is an actual Hf or out of body manipulation as u called it i dont know as it seems neither do the writers.

Ok. I was just trying to apply some logic to all this "his HF makes him functionally immortal" talk. Because if Hulk is a living being with organs that work to maintain his life, then disrupting or destroying the functionality of his organs would kill him. But as I pointed out the writers have no clue of the significance or limitations of healing factors. But unless someone with a bit more of a clue addresses that and corrects it in Marvel canon then I guess we just have to respect what's there however clueless.

Bentley
Hulk heals from limitations of healing factors, you will need something better than that peaches

maguero20

Bentley
I missed that chorus, cool to have this guy back.

Brutacus
Ok. I was just trying to apply some logic to all this "his HF makes him functionally immortal" talk. Because if Hulk is a living being with organs that work to maintain his life, then disrupting or destroying the functionality of his organs would kill him. But as I pointed out the writers have no clue of the significance or limitations of healing factors. But unless someone with a bit more of a clue addresses that and corrects it in Marvel canon then I guess we just have to respect what's there however clueless.

You try to apply logic to a guy wenn he get's angry turns green and add's muscle mass from a other dimention???
Or where ever he get's the extra weight and height.

Heck try to apply logic in comics won't work in like 90% of the time heck maybe even more.

TheBadguy

EDIT: Essentially if you're a reconstituting yourself from a bunch of cells, you've stepped out of the realm of "healing" factors and into the realm of out-of-body matter manipulation i.e. if you aren't some mystical entity.

Unless the Hulk has some kind of means to matter manip his body back when he's no longer a physical being (he's not some simple single cell organism people), then that's just some dodgy writing (no offense).

I pretty much agree with you on writers not understanding what a HF is and how its supposed to work. I always shake my head when I see someone healing from being nothing but bones and such. Though with Hulk we know their is more to him, we've seen him do things someone just physically strong shouldn't be able to do (seeing abstracts, grabbing energy, etc). but I'm interested in hearing more on your thoughts on the above.

Allankles
Originally posted by TheBadguy
I pretty much agree with you on writers not understanding what a HF is and how its supposed to work. I always shake my head when I see someone healing from being nothing but bones and such. Though with Hulk we know their is more to him, we've seen him do things someone just physically strong shouldn't be able to do (seeing abstracts, grabbing energy, etc). but I'm interested in hearing more on your thoughts on the above.

The gist of what I'm saying is that we see Hulk as a living being with organs and such to maintain life. If he weren't a living being, he'd be undead or at least a life entity (like a liquidator) who didn't need organs or a mystical type being (a god/skyfather/abstract/whatever) who controls his own life force.

So if he does need his organs (he's not a simple organism like an amoeba), then destroying his vitals completely or severing their connection to his body would kill him (if he is a living organism that relies on mammalian organs).

So when he gets atomized, what process is allowing him to reconstitute himself? After all his brain is gone, his heart is gone and these factor as computers and engines for his healing factor, he doesn't function as simple single cell organism, he is a mammal so how is he reconstituting himself? Healing factor is no longer a factor as his mammalian functionalities have been destroyed.

He's no liquidator or whatever. He's no Vandal Savage either who's immortality is mystical in nature.

Sin I AM
Well its already been hinted at that the Hulks' power is mystical in nature, that explains his HF abilities.

Allankles
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Well its already been hinted at that the Hulks' power is mystical in nature, that explains his HF abilities.

But that brings up another problem what does gamma radiation have to do with mysticism?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.