Werewolves: Real or not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Markus Corvinus
Found this website a few minutes ago, it's an interesting read, and very creepy.

http://www.prairieghosts.com/werewolves.html

NonSensi-Klown
No.

BackFire
Dude, I wish.

Symmetric Chaos
We're real, the lizardmen are just trying to make sure you don't find out.

Robtard
Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
Found this website a few minutes ago, it's an interesting read, and very creepy.

http://www.prairieghosts.com/werewolves.html

Definitely real, they just don't get as hairy, nor do their teeth become so pronounced as seen in the movies. My uncle once fending off a pack that attacked his truck with a combination of small arms fire and hand-2-hand combat while driving close to the American/Mexican border.

Markus Corvinus
Truthfully, I think something of the sort could possibly exist, just not as it's presented in the media. Maybe something man sized with dog like features, but definitely not anything like what we got in "Van Helsing" or "Underworld".

WrathfulDwarf
Aren't werewolves rather lame?

They're hairy..

They're angry all the time...

They only come out when is a full moon...

They stink....

((beep)) that...I'd rather be a clean cut and well looking Vampire.

Robtard
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Put the Anne Rice book away, pansy.

This would be you:
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3851/34951656hk6.png

chillmeistergen
At best.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Robtard

This would be you:

Baggers can't be chosers...I guess...

Symmetric Chaos

This would be you:

He could do worse.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/joniec/300px-Nosferatu_door_in_the_castle.jpg

Markus Corvinus
Does anyone have any supposed werewolf stories of sightings that they can post?

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
He could do worse.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/joniec/300px-Nosferatu_door_in_the_castle.jpg

Count Orlok has personality; personality goes a long way.

Robtard
Does anyone have any supposed werewolf stories of sightings that they can post?

Did you not read above, I posted a 100% factual story about my uncle and his run-in with a Mexican-American pack of lycanthropes.

He even has the big left toe from the pack-leader as a souvenir, he keeps in in a mason jar filled with rubbing alcohol, to preserve it.

Markus Corvinus
Are you serious or just trying to **** with me?

Robtard

Yes.

Markus Corvinus
Yes to the latter, I assume.

Robtard
Yes to the latter, I assume.

Never assume.

Markus Corvinus
I rarely do, but I happen to believe you are just messing around.

Davehead
Sure werewolves exist. Don't you look in the bushes at night? That's where they always hide. Although, if you DID look there, you'd probably wish that you hadn't.

Markus Corvinus
*looks* All I see is some guy masturbating, no wolves.

Davehead
That's what werewolves really are! All masturbaters are cursed demons! BEGONE, FOUL SPAWN OF LYCAON THE PAGAN!

Markus Corvinus
He just paid me five bucks for me to let him do it whenev----damn, I don't have bushes, guess it was all in me mind.

Davehead
blink

Markus Corvinus
Anywho, those werewolf stories are creepy, and a few of them seem to be real, while others seem like they may have been exaggerated. I think that a lot of the times, it was either a wolf or a big dog that was on the loose and hungry. Other times I believe it's just a dream or a make belief story people want to make up in order to scare others. Going back to it being a wolf or a dog, I especially believe that this was the case back in 1800's or so when werewolves were seen. All I know is that as long as I never have to experience it, I'll be A-okay.

Rogue Jedi
There are no werewolves, there are no UFO's, there is no bigfoot.

Markus Corvinus
Speaking of Bigfoot, that whole scandal was actually funny. My bro truly believed that the "body" was real. What a mook.

In any case, I still think that at some point in time werewolves may have existed, but now anyone who claims to have seen one is lying, and anyone on a forum claiming to be one is seeking attention.

Rogue Jedi
I am sure some people get all freaky at a full moon, but being a full fledged Lycan? Ludicrous.

inimalist
This is me:

http://www.dvdrama.com/imagescrit2/t/e/e/teen_wolf_29.jpg

honest to god

they made a movie about it and everything

Rogue Jedi
Well you got me there.

Markus Corvinus
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I am sure some people get all freaky at a full moon, but being a full fledged Lycan? Ludicrous.

A man possibly gaining a few wolf like attributes and becoming more bestial in nature? Yes, that's possible. A man getting bitten by a wolf and becoming a 12 foot muscular wolf like this:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/Dissonantblack/lycans/VHwerewolf3.jpg

Nah, that won't happen. However, if I could become a werewolf and look that awesome, I'd totally do it.

inimalist
thats got nothin on Teen Wolf

http://www.dvdrama.com/imagescrit2/t/e/e/teen_wolf_13.jpg

Rogue Jedi
A man possibly gaining a few wolf like attributes and becoming more bestial in nature? Yes, that's possible. A man getting bitten by a wolf and becoming a 12 foot muscular wolf like this:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/Dissonantblack/lycans/VHwerewolf3.jpg

Nah, that won't happen. However, if I could become a werewolf and look that awesome, I'd totally do it. Lycans PWN Vamps.

Robtard

Nah, that won't happen. However, if I could become a werewolf and look that awesome, I'd totally do it.

I already told you, that hair, fangs and canine-face are just myth. They're hairy, really hairy, but within human hair-limits, think of the hairiest Greek guy you've seen, now add pronounced canines, slightly elongated ears and blood-shot eyes to rival even the most stoniest of stoners and you have your werewolf.

Their nails are also possibly dark yellow and very thick, as is the toenail on that were-toe my uncle has, though it could just be onychomycosis. Then again, a werewolf possesses advanced healing and a natural immunity to diseases, well, except lycanthropy of course.

Robtard
Lycans PWN Vamps.

Vampyres are just myth though, silly.

Rogue Jedi
No really? and here I thought they were real. What WOULD I do without you around?

Robtard
No really? and here I thought they were real. What WOULD I do without you around?

Probably this:

dRUwVbATnk8

Markus Corvinus
Vampyres are just myth though, silly.

There are people who need blood because their own hemoglobin doesn't make enough of it on it's own. Of course some sick minded individuals take this to the next level and actually believe they are a vampire such as in the movies. Those poor diluted people.... sad

Robtard
There are people who need blood because their own hemoglobin doesn't make enough of it on it's own. Of course some sick minded individuals take this to the next level and actually believe they are a vampire such as in the movies. Those poor diluted people.... sad

What? Drinking blood wouldn't help you if your blood-level was down. And blood (98% of it being hemoglobin) is produced in the bone marrow. Was "diluted" an intention pun?

Markus Corvinus
They have to go to hospitals to have it pumped into their body. Depending on how much their body is producing/not producing, it regulates how often they need to go.

Robtard
They have to go to hospitals to have it pumped into their body. Depending on how much their body is producing/not producing, it regulates how often they need to go.

Oh, anemics? I don't think those people believe they're vampyres.

Rogue Jedi
Probably this:

dRUwVbATnk8 haermm

Markus Corvinus
Oh, anemics? I don't think those people believe they're vampyres.

Some do, sadly. I've read some posts on other forums, and some truly do believe they are. There have been reports of cults who believe they are vampires, but I don't believe they were anemics.

~Forever*Alone~
I don't believe in werewolves...

Davehead
I don't believe in Michael Jackson.

Phantom Zone
I think part of the myth of werewolves comes from stories about the beserker warriors in Norse history

inimalist
nobody liked the Teen Wolf jokes though....

Micheal J at his best people!

Grinning Goku
Lycans PWN Vamps.

Vamps are cleaner and more cultured, though. But you're right, RJ. Lycans kick ass.

Markus Corvinus
Who cares about being more clean? If I were a werewolf I'd enjoy smelling like year old meat. big grin

Grinning Goku
Who cares about being more clean? If I were a werewolf I'd enjoy smelling like year old meat. big grin

Obviously I do.

Markus Corvinus
It was a joke, man.

Bicnarok

Markus Corvinus
Or are there?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Aren't werewolves rather lame?

They're hairy..

They're angry all the time...

They only come out when is a full moon...

They stink....

Vampires are the lamest. They wear flamboyant, victorian style clothing. They have to be invited into your home before entering and they talk with bad accents

I don't believe in werewolves but i did see my doppelganger the other day.

Devil King
Making this thread suddenly means I take the thread starter soo much more seriously.

Clapping also saves faries, in case anyone was wondering.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Vampires are the lamest. They wear flamboyant, victorian style clothing. They have to be invited into your home before entering and they talk with bad accents

I don't believe in werewolves but i did see my doppelganger the other day. Tell that to Lestat.

Darth Macabre
there are no UFO's. Well, actually there are...UFO's do not immediately equate to "Alien Mother-ships," like most people believe. Hell, a bird with Christmas lights on it, that is flying high enough that someone can't make out what it is, is technically a UFO.

Devil King
UFO's I can buy. Specifics considered, that is.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Well, actually there are...UFO's do not immediately equate to "Alien Mother-ships," like most people believe. Hell, a bird with Christmas lights on it, that is flying high enough that someone can't make out what it is, is technically a UFO. There are no "Unidentified airbone craft flown by ET's"......Better?

Darth Macabre
There are no "Unidentified airbone craft flown by ET's"......Better? Actually yes, yes it is. Now I can agree with that statement.

Markus Corvinus
Originally posted by Devil King
Making this thread suddenly means I take the thread starter soo much more seriously.

Clapping also saves faries, in case anyone was wondering.

Great use of sarcasm, but rather the whole thread was created to get some funny responses, and I have succeeded.

Devil King
Great use of sarcasm, but rather the whole thread was created to get some funny responses, and I have succeeded.

If you'd like to carry on the sarcasm in a more relevant thread, I'll eet you there.

If I could cast a ballot for a vote of no confidence in anything you say, this thread would be the evidence to which I'd point. Regardless of your misuse of the coma, I have faith that you can be easily dismissed.

Markus Corvinus
eet? I'm not entirely sure that's a word.

Devil King
eet? I'm not entirely sure that's a word.

That's a lovely non-response. Unless you're as stupid as the people you think you represent, then you should have been able to figured out what I was saying.

Markus Corvinus
I'm not stupid at all, I'm not the one who thought this thread was serious.

In any case, I'm not about to argue with you, it's a waste of time to do so.

Devil King
I'm not stupid at all, I'm not the one who thought this thread was serious.

In any case, I'm not about to argue with you, it's a waste of time to do so.

I didn't say you were stupid. Despite how seriously you think I took this thread, I wasn't the one correcting a mistake in grammer to validate my position. Also, no where in there do I see you answering the question. You bet, I gotcha, I understand,hey sure, you bet, what 5 weeks, wink, wink.

ragesRemorse
Tell that to Lestat.

What's that, some of STD?

Bicnarok
Or are there?

no, evidence?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
What's that, some of STD? Pretty much the most badass vampire ever.

ragesRemorse
Pretty much the most badass vampire ever.

The rocking vampire from queen of the damned? If so, then that is pretty badass. He had a james Bond class of sophistication.

Rogue Jedi
I prefer the book version, Tale of the body thief to be exact.

Robtard
I prefer the book version, Tale of the body thief to be exact.

You read Anne Rice, lol.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah I do yes ALL of her vampire books.

Stoic
Anne Rice books are good; Lasher is one of her best. By the way there is no such thing as werewolves, there are hairy people that were born that way, and there are deviant freaks who drink blood and in turn get worms, that's it.

WrathfulDwarf
Zombies>>>>Vampires and Werewolves...

...eat that!

siriuswriter
I know that there is a psychological, "I am afraid of becoming a werewolf; I am overly hairy and like the taste of rare meat; I must be a werewolf; werewolves exist because I am one."

But that's going to take of lot of self-persuasion, and probably not too sane of a mind either.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I know that there is a psychological, "I am afraid of becoming a werewolf; I am overly hairy and like the taste of rare meat; I must be a werewolf; werewolves exist because I am one."

But that's going to take of lot of self-persuasion, and probably not too sane of a mind either.

I think that would be labelled as schizophrenia.

Robtard
Or just good old-fashioned idiocy.

chillmeistergen
I suppose it would depend how you acted on it. Say you went and bit your mother while she was sleeping, because it was a full moon and you felt the compulsion to feed. I reckon that would get you put in the loony bin.

Markus Corvinus
There are a lot of people out there who should be in the loony bin, some believe they are vampires. I haven't heard anyone on any forum actually say they were a werewolf as if they were serious. I've only read of sightings, which could have just been a rare form of animal, or a big hoax.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I think that would be labelled as schizophrenia.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

Lycanthropy is interpreted by the authors as a delusion in the sense of the self-identity disorder defined by Scharfetter. It is mainly found in affective and schizophrenic disorders but can be a symptom of other psychiatric disorders as well. Psychodynamically this kind of delusion can be interpreted as an attempt to project suppressed affects, especially with aggressive or sexual content, into the figure of an animal. Psychotherapy and/or neuroleptic medication can be effective.

Funny thing is most people don't think they're turning into wolves.

http://www.economicexpert.com/a/Clinical:lycanthropy.html

Robtard
So if I **** a woman doggy-style while biting onto the nape of her neck, I could be a mental-werewolf? Sweet!

Markus Corvinus
Doesn't that just make you a cannibal? big grin

Symmetric Chaos
So if I **** a woman doggy-style while biting onto the nape of her neck, I could be a mental-werewolf? Sweet!

Only if you actually thought you were one. A lot of people that hold lycanthropic delusions report feeling as though they're physically changing into something different.

Markus Corvinus
Isn't that sort of impossible? As the bone density and such grows and changes, couldn't that person die whilst in transformation if said event were to happen?

chillmeistergen
Isn't that sort of impossible? As the bone density and such grows and changes, couldn't that person die whilst in transformation if said event were to happen?

Are you serious?

Markus Corvinus
I'm asking a question, as I didn't know the answer.

Symmetric Chaos

Physically? Yes.

The delusions has no real effect on ones physical form. Specific parts of the brain are involved in proprioception and body image have been seen to activate in people who think they are turning into another creature.

Markus Corvinus
Yes, I meant physically, and thanks for answering my question. I figured that in this stage of human evolution or whatever, it'd sort of be impossible to change from a 5 or 6 foot man, to a 7 or 8 foot beast.

Btw, regarding the whole werewolves thing, some people are just so susceptible. This guy on another forum said that a friend of his had a brother/friend who said he was scratched by a wolf recently. So, one night they're out camping, and he says his chest is burning, and soon he begins to throw up. He looks up at the moon, and laughs, and his chest continues burning as he is throwing up. The guy goes on to say that by the time he gets to the hospital, he's dead, and this guy believes he died in mid transformation, and people believed him. It's called rabies, lol. What kind of idiot gets scratched by a wolf deep, and goes out camping?

Robtard
I don't think an any of the stages of human evolution, from say Australopithecus to Cro-Magnon, "we" were ever able to shape-shift.

Rabies takes months to kill you.

Symmetric Chaos
I don't think an any of the stages of human evolution, from say Australopithecus to Cro-Magnon, "we" were ever able to shape-shift.

Atlantean bio-mages could do it with their enhanced superbrains.

Markus Corvinus

Rabies takes months to kill you.

I know, which proves even further that he was lying. He had a ton of stories, and I could tell every one of them was a lie. For every page there was a new story. This other guy says he saw a werewolf pop up at his window, and he fainted, and awoke the next morning. C'mon, werewolves are meat eating beasts, why would it spare you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

As for the shape-shifting, it could be possible FAR into the future, but for the time being, we just have to deal with occasional crazies who believe they are mythological beasts.

Robtard
Atlantean bio-mages could do it with their enhanced superbrains.

Yeah, they all sank though.

Robtard
I know, which proves even further that he was lying. He had a ton of stories, and I could tell every one of them was a lie. For every page there was a new story. This other guy says he saw a werewolf pop up at his window, and he fainted, and awoke the next morning. C'mon, werewolves are meat eating beasts, why would it spare you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

As for the shape-shifting, it could be possible FAR into the future, but for the time being, we just have to deal with occasional crazies who believe they are mythological beasts.

It's also possible that in the future people will be able to suck other people into their anuses; I wouldn't bet on it though.

chillmeistergen

Well, I don't know about you, but I don't have to deal with them at all. I have never met anyone who thinks they are a werewolf, or any other mythological creature, I very much doubt I ever will.

Robtard
Well, I don't know about you, but I don't have to deal with them at all. I have never met anyone who thinks they are a werewolf, or any other mythological creature, I very much doubt I ever will.

What about that bloke that calls everyone Jimmy? Or that other dude who has molested several of your friends? Maybe?

chillmeistergen
What about that bloke that calls everyone Jimmy? Or that other dude who has molested several of your friends? Maybe?

Jimmy (as I like to call him) is just Scottish, a disability in its own right.

I haven't seen Hugo the homo in a while, hopefully I won't again.

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah, they all sank though.

A notable flaw of possessing giant superbrains.

Robtard
A notable flaw of possessing giant superbrains.

Guess they weren't that smart after all, eh? Pompous bastards deserved what they got, if you ask me.

Devil King
Are you serious?

You know, I think he is. I really, really think he is.

KharmaDog
Definitely real, they just don't get as hairy, nor do their teeth become so pronounced as seen in the movies. My uncle once fending off a pack that attacked his truck with a combination of small arms fire and hand-2-hand combat while driving close to the American/Mexican border.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud
This is funny in so many ways.

Wild Shadow
if they were real i be trying to get bit by one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.