The Batman vs Dracula

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Markus Corvinus
http://img2.blogcu.com/images/i/y/i/iyiseyirler/36.jpg

I don't hear a lot of talk about this animated movie, but it truly is pretty good. It's a bit darker than the series, and I really liked that. The plot was pretty good, the fighting was awesome (as always), etc.

Bat Dude
Yeah, it's not bad...

Not my favorite, but not bad...

Markus Corvinus
Mask of the Phantasm should be everyone's favorite, lol...but this movie is my second favorite, no doubt. I'd love to have seen one involving Batman fighting the Wolf Man...imagine that!

Kovacs86
I've not seen it and, to be honest, I doubt I ever will. My dislike of The Batman probably wouldn't be affected by the inclusion of a supernatural bad guy. I prefer a more reality-based Batman...

Markus Corvinus
I like that it was more of a superhero show than detective show but to be honest, I think a lot of people dislike it because they were expecting them to follow exactly in the footsteps of TAS.

Kazenji
Its not that

The Batman is just a crap series.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Kazenji
Its not that

The Batman is just a crap series.

A Matter of Family

Riddler's Revenge

Those episodes would like to have a word with you... Sure, MOST of the episodes were pretty crap, but those 2 episodes were very well done...

Markus Corvinus
"The Batman" was damn good. I enjoyed it just as much as I enjoyed TAS.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
http://img2.blogcu.com/images/i/y/i/iyiseyirler/36.jpg

I don't hear a lot of talk about this animated movie, but it truly is pretty good. It's a bit darker than the series, and I really liked that. The plot was pretty good, the fighting was awesome (as always), etc.

pretty good

Markus Corvinus
Do you think they should've done differently?

Bat Dude
Do you think they should've done differently?

I'll take this opportunity to highlight what I would have changed in "The Batman"... I think these changes would have made the show at least a little bit better...

1. The design for Joker should have looked like this:
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9862/thebatmancharacterdesiggx1.png
The first one is Joker during the episode "Bat in the Belfry" and the second is him throughout the rest of the series... Batman's design was spot on, though, so it is kept the same, as shown...

2. Remove Ethan Bennett, and make Ellen Yin work alone. Rewrite stories as necessary...

3. Replace Ethan Bennett with Harvey Dent, and instead of Clayface being born at the end of Season 1, Two-Face is born instead...

4. Introduce Jim Gordon early on, and have him become Commissioner at the beginning of Season 2...

5. Don't introduce Batgirl... She was the most annoying character on the show...

6. Keep Robin out until Season 4, like it was... Pretty much keep Season 4 the same, except take out "The Joining" and Batgirl...

7. Don't use Penguin so much! He got really annoying throughout the series...

That's all I can think up right now without getting too detailed... For that, I may rewrite the episodes (just quick summaries, though) like I did for the original franchise...

Markus Corvinus
I agree with some points like introducing Gordon early, and not having Batgirl, since she was an annoyance. The Joker's design was pretty cool for me, and I liked how they basically showed how he didn't care about the way he looked. But why does Bennett have to be the one that gets replaced? Blaaaaaaaaaack....

Bat Dude
I agree with some points like introducing Gordon early, and not having Batgirl, since she was an annoyance. The Joker's design was pretty cool for me, and I liked how they basically showed how he didn't care about the way he looked. But why does Bennett have to be the one that gets replaced? Blaaaaaaaaaack....

Bennett gets replaced because he was essentially a Harvey Dent type character that really didn't need to be there... Dent should have been in the show instead... Unless they changed his character, then he could stay...

Markus Corvinus
He was nothing like Harvey Dent. Harvey Dent was more of a serious character, Bennett was rarely serious. Plus, Bennett was meant to show how one bad day could ruin a man's life, and Joker wanted to show that he could break one of Gotham's finest. He truly was not a Harvey Dent clone, not in the slightest.

Bat Dude
He was nothing like Harvey Dent. Harvey Dent was more of a serious character, Bennett was rarely serious. Plus, Bennett was meant to show how one bad day could ruin a man's life, and Joker wanted to show that he could break one of Gotham's finest. He truly was not a Harvey Dent clone, not in the slightest.

I disagree completely...

You could have substituted Harvey Dent for Ethan Bennett and Two-Face for Clayface and the same message of "one bad day" would have resonated...

Markus Corvinus
Yes, I know, all three characters represent that, but Bennet and Dent, personality wise, are very different.

Kovacs86
Yes, I know, all three characters represent that, but Bennet and Dent, personality wise, are very different.

Does that change the fact that the characters served the same purpose?

Markus Corvinus
They didn't.

Bat Dude
They didn't.

Yeah they did:

1. Both were good friends of Bruce Wayne

2. Both had a job in law, whether it be enforcement of laws or prosecuting those who break them

3. Both were disfigured by a criminal

4. Both turned to a life of crime

Markus Corvinus
Can't that be said for a lot of villains? Does that mean Two-Face should've replaced them as well?

Bat Dude
Can't that be said for a lot of villains? Does that mean Two-Face should've replaced them as well?

Not many villains in the Batman universe are like that... Some were disfigured by criminals, but were not friends of Bruce, some were friends of Bruce, but weren't disfigured by another criminal...

Ethan Bennett was probably gonna be a regular on the show, with Harvey coming in early in the first season, but I guess they couldn't use Two-Face because he was "too scary for the kids" so they outright replaced Dent with Bennett and used Clayface instead... But the stories of both are nearly identical...

Markus Corvinus
They never said they had plans for Two-Face, and only one rumor surfaced of him possibly being used which was around the fourth season, and even that rumor was quickly dispatched.

Bat Dude
They never said they had plans for Two-Face, and only one rumor surfaced of him possibly being used which was around the fourth season, and even that rumor was quickly dispatched.

Then they just outright replaced Dent with Bennett for no reason...

Markus Corvinus
How could they have replaced Dent if he was never intended to be in the series? I'm not doubting they have their similarities...a lot of villains have similarities, but they aren't as similar as you believe they are.

THE JLRTENJAC
Wait... does this mean that two-face wasn't in The Batman at all? Wow, I have a new reason to dislike this series.

Markus Corvinus
Why dislike the series because Two-Face wasn't used?

Bat Dude
How could they have replaced Dent if he was never intended to be in the series? I'm not doubting they have their similarities...a lot of villains have similarities, but they aren't as similar as you believe they are.

Dude, yes they are...

They served the SAME EXACT PURPOSE... Maybe some of the minor details about them are different, but their stories are scarily similar and serve the same purpose... You could have substituted Dent in for Bennett and Two-Face for Clayface and the story wouldn't have changed much...

Markus Corvinus
They aren't as similar as you think, I stand by that statement.

spidermanrocks
i think two-face should have replaced clayface at the end of season 1 as well. i was very dissapointed to not see Two-Face in The Batman. The Batman was awesome but it only sucked a little bit because two-face, scacrecrow, ra's al ghul, and many more famous villains were not in it.

Markus Corvinus
I can do without the Scarecrow because there's only so much that can be done with him before he becomes a bit stale and boring. I will agree that it was disappointing not to see Ra's.

Bat Dude
I can do without the Scarecrow because there's only so much that can be done with him before he becomes a bit stale and boring. I will agree that it was disappointing not to see Ra's.

Well, there were a lot of one shot villains (Cluemaster, Maxie Zeus, Everywhere Man, etc.) so how about instead of Cluemaster, we get Scarecrow as a one shot villain?

And Ras is another one I forgot to mention...

Markus Corvinus
I don't think they should've particularly replaced anyone. It's cool if they may have added some villains into the story. Overall, I liked the show as it was.

Bat Dude
I don't think they should've particularly replaced anyone. It's cool if they may have added some villains into the story. Overall, I liked the show as it was.

True... We could always substitute one of Penguin's OVER ABUNDANCE of appearances, too...

Markus Corvinus
That, I can agree with. For the times he appeared in the first two seasons, they were cool and had a good plot, but episodes like "Team Penguin" weren't all too great. Killer Moth actually turns into a giant acid spitting moth, and at that point, the episode took a bad turn.

One other thing about "The Batman" is I like how they handled Killer Croc by not making him an idiot, but it's too bad he didn't get a lot of episodes where he was the main villain featured.

Bat Dude
That, I can agree with. For the times he appeared in the first two seasons, they were cool and had a good plot, but episodes like "Team Penguin" weren't all too great. Killer Moth actually turns into a giant acid spitting moth, and at that point, the episode took a bad turn.

One other thing about "The Batman" is I like how they handled Killer Croc by not making him an idiot, but it's too bad he didn't get a lot of episodes where he was the main villain featured.

Yeah, Croc was handled very well in The Batman... But the whole "raising the water level" thing was kinda a "WTF? Why not just rob the city with a gun?" moment...

I think he should have had one more episode as the main focus, though (so we could also see the Keaton-esque costume in The Batman again)...

http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/thebatman/episodes/17swamped/Pan07.jpg

Markus Corvinus
I think that was a good plan, actually, but I do see your point.

How did you feel about "The Batman's" version of the Riddler. I do see the comparisons to Marilyn Monroe, but I like the design, overall. His plot for his first episode was very intelligent, and I didn't see the twist coming, but it was good, nonetheless.

Bat Dude
I think that was a good plan, actually, but I do see your point.

How did you feel about "The Batman's" version of the Riddler. I do see the comparisons to Marilyn Monroe, but I like the design, overall. His plot for his first episode was very intelligent, and I didn't see the twist coming, but it was good, nonetheless.

Marilyn Monroe? confused

http://www.mydisguises.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/marilyn-monroe-skirt.jpg

Oh, you mean Marilyn Manson...

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg314/Maleachs/MarilynMansonPromo.jpg

Well, I wasn't a fan of the design, but I LOVED the way he was written... And Robert Englund doing his voice was so much win, it isn't even funny...

Markus Corvinus
Dammit, I should've payed attention to what I was typing...

I love John Glover voicing the Riddler, but Robert Englund doing the voicework is much more of a win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.