STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Decay

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX

Captain REX

Bardock42
"Yes, Master. I am glad we were assigned to this mission. I always wanted to see the great museum. But why are we here, do we have to expect complications?" Con asks, while marveling at some of the wonders the galaxy has to offer.

Captain REX
"We may," Raskae says. "The Order has put onto display several priceless artifacts, most of which would fetch a high price on the market, but there is one in particular you should be aware of. Come with me."

Master Raskae takes you into the cavernous museum, with its enormous variety of exhibits. In the central viewing gallery is the exhibit featuring the Jedi Order and its history. Old lightsabers that hooked up to belt-worn battery packs and holocrons are amongst the items presented, and many more truly archaic things. But Master Raskae leads you to the far side of the exhibit.

Within the glass case is a golden idol (not unlike that which Indiana Jones stole, but maybe friendlier looking and not as intricately designed).

"This," Raskae says, gesturing to it, "is the Votive of Light."

Bardock42
"It is very beautiful, Master. But what makes it so valuable?"

Captain REX
"The Votive of Light has been in the possession of the Order for thousands of years. It was crafted by an ancient Jedi whose name is lost to time. The mythos surrounding the Votive says that a Jedi Master was worried of what horrible things he could do with his power should he fall to the Dark Side, and felt that he was descending down that path. Instead of allowing himself to become powerful from his hatred, he selflessly surrendered his power in the Force, imbuing this golden idol with it. Open your senses, Padawan. Reach out to it."

Bardock42
"I can feel it master. I did not know that was possible. Is it an object of power or one of historic value though?"

Captain REX
The golden idol actually seems to have a presence when you reach out with your senses. It provides a soothing sensation on your mind.

"The method has been forgotten," Raskae explains, "but there was another rumor that has accompanied this idol that could very well make it an object of power. If someone unable to use the Force were to destroy it, they would gain the power of that long-dead Jedi Master."

Bardock42
"But could such a person have the ability to use the force as our training permits it? Hmm...but I see, if they did they would be a vessel of the dark side. It is an important task we were assigned...and an exciting one."

Captain REX
"It is a myth, Con. There is no way to tell if it is true without destroying such a precious artifact from the Jedi's past. Even so, I don't think it is possible to artificially imbue someone with the Force. As I said, a myth. No more. But let's just make sure it stays here, hmm? It's worth several hundred thousand credits more than anything else in this room..."

The Museum of Zehat is staffed day and night by a small contingency of guards- about twenty, spread throughout the Museum. It is an honorable position to hold in Zehat society, and the only occupation that allows them to carry firearms. Hence... they are probably not very good with them and so the Jedi have been called in to protect their own stuff.

You don't think the Jedi should have agreed to send artifacts at all, Con.

Bardock42
"Yes, Master. But why did the Council allow it to be sent here?"

Why do I think that? Just because of security or other reasons?

Captain REX
"Jedi have a history they can be proud of as defenders of the good in this Galaxy," Raskae says. "It is an artifact, nothing more, with a story attached to it."

It seems like a pointless risk to be taking, to you. If there is a rumor that this thing can bestow the gift of the Force upon its destroyer, you have a feeling that someone will want it!

Which is why you have been sent in, of course. But even so.

Bardock42
"The story might make it very desirable. I hope we do not run into overwhelming troubles. But Master, as I said I have always wanted to see the Museum of Zehat, may I go on a patrol walk and maybe see some of the wonders this place bears?"

Captain REX
"Certainly, Padawan," Raskae says, a wizened half-smile bringing up the corners of his mouth.

The Museum of Zehat has many generalized exhibits, most dedicated to aspects of the older Galaxy- Ancient Civilization, Ancient Warfare, Extinct Races & Creatures, Galactic Mysteries, etcetera. It also has many exhibits with specific focuses on organizations and species, such as yours on the Jedi Order (recently expanded) or the Hutts and many others.

The Museum is grand in size, but only has two high-ceilinged floors. Its takes up many acres, however. Easy to get lost in here!

Bardock42
Con nods slightly towards his master, then makes his way into one of the next rooms, his reasoning being that, since they are there to protect the Jedi Order exhibit, he'll likely spend most of the time there anyways. As he realizes how big the museum is really, he tries to be very mindful of the way back. Then he makes his way from room to room, in a relatively slow pace, taking some time to inspect the many artifacts, he makes sure that he also controls the surroundings for anything that might be odd or relevant towards a crime.

Maybe I can talk with some of the guards, too? Just talking about what they think about us being here, etc.

Captain REX
The Museum has no windows; it relies on artificial lighting that will not harm the more fragile exhibits over a period of time. Nobody is going to break in that way unless they can walk through walls.

Each room has four entrances unless it is against a wall.

And the exhibits themselves are fascinating, Con. The section on Ancient Space Travel has a full-sized replica of the bullet-shaped starships that people used before the hyperdrive, which were fired out of cannons that launched them at lightspeed to other worlds. Incredibly dangerous and unreliable, but it was the beginning of things to come...

The Captain of the Guard, Pum'bet, will gladly speak with you. He speaks softly, with a slight African accent.

"Do not take offense, my friend," he says, "but we do not think your assistance will be required. This Museum, it is not possible to steal from it. All attempted robberies have been stopped since its creation."

Bardock42
"Oh I would be very glad if that is to be the case. I much rather would enjoy the beauty of the Museum, than fight. But you said there have been attempted robberies before? Were any of the attempts of interest to our mission...or, maybe even just great stories?"

Captain REX
He cannot think of any that would be relevant, but he does tell you one of a man trying to break by using a plasma torch to cut through the walls of the Museum from the outside. Unfortunately for him, the outer walls are incredibly thick and the plasma torch attracted attention, so they arrested him within minutes.

Bardock42
Con laughs friendly at Pum'bet's story and then says "That must have been a great sight. But, I feel I must return to my master now. It was a pleasure talking to you, Pum'bet. Oh, before I go, the museum is so vast, do you have any favourites I must see before I leave?"

I'd also like to use my scan on him. You know, better safe than sorry.

Captain REX
Pum'bet is simple but duty-bound. He will not let anything be taken from the museum. Not on his watch.

"The Galactic Mysteries section," Pum'bet says. "It never fails to baffle me."

Bardock42
"Thank you. I am sure we will be seeing each other again soon" with a slight bow, Con walks away from Pum'Bet and, having seen enough for now, proceeds to walk back to the room of the Jedi in order to report to his master and hear what he means to do.

Captain REX
It is at this point that, on your way back, the power suddenly goes out. This leaves you in total darkness, since the Museum has no windows and you are deep within the Museum.

Normally you would expect people to start screaming, but the Museum is nearly empty because it is nearly closing.

Bardock42
Do I feel any threat and do I have a source of light (torch or something)?

How far am I from my master and what did I see just before the light went out (are any people close?)

I will draw my lightsabre, too.

Captain REX
Hmm... you sense no danger.

Snap-hiss. Your lightsaber ignites and casts a pale blue pool of light around you... but for all its intensity, lightsabers never seem to be very bright or useful as a flashlight.

Holding your lightsaber in one hand, you can have your glowrod in your other hand. You turn it on...

AHHHHHH! Some giant beast is lunging at you! Oh, wait, no, just an exhibit.

Bardock42
Hoping that no one saw that little incident, Con, turns of his sabre, though keeping it ready in his hand, and, after making sure that everything is alright in this hall, hurryingly proceeds to make his way towards his master.

Captain REX
It takes longer to find the Jedi exhibit in the dark, but you come upon Master Raskae standing with his own glowrod.

"Are you alright?" he asks you.

Bardock42
"Yes, Master. What has happened?"

Captain REX
"I am unsure," he says. "I do not sense trouble, but... there will be. I want you to go find the Captain of the Guard. He may know what is going on. I am going to stay with the exhibit."

Bardock42
Con smiles at the mention of Pum'Bet but then, quickly, proceeds to say "Yes, Master. I already know where about he is", with that Con proceeds to hurry back to the room he found Pum'Bet in.

Do I have a communicator? To talk to my Master and maybe even contact the guards?

Captain REX
Yes, you do.

The room where you left Pum'bet is empty.

Bardock42
Can I contact the guards to and ask them where he is and whether he could contact me? Otherwise can I find any other guard to help me or sense anything?

Captain REX
A guard responds to your hails and requests that you come to the Museum entrance immediately. The guard station is by the entrance.

They also ask if you have seen Pum'bet. When they ask, you begin to feel uneasy.

Bardock42
I will reply that i didn't, then make my way there.

Captain REX
Making your way towards the front of the Museum, your senses suddenly pick up something awful...

Death! Someone has died nearby. But you hear nothing.

"Did you sense that?" Raskae asks via comlink.

Bardock42
"Someone died close by, Master. The guards asked me to come to their station and their Captain is missing. What do you want me to do?"

Captain REX
"Go to the guard. Do not tell them what you have sensed. They will panic."

Bardock42
"Yes, master"

I continue to make my way to the guards then, but will draw my sabre (not ignite it) for good measure.

Captain REX
When you reach the guard, you see that they are hurriedly rushing people out of the Museum and trying to manually close the entrances into the Museum.

"Master Jedi," one of the guards says. "The power grid for the entire area seems to be down."

Bardock42
"Is there an emergency generator? What do you plan to do?"

Captain REX
"There is, but it hasn't come online, which is troubling. Our contingency right now is to close the Museum manually, but we really need that back-up generator or our security measures don't function."

Bardock42
"Where is the generator? Can you spare a man? I will see what I can do."

Captain REX
"The emergency generator is at the back of the Museum. Take the transport tunnel to get there. Also, we cannot raise Pum'bet on the comms. Are you sure you haven't seen him?"

Bardock42
"I have not. When you see him, tell him to contact me."

I'll use the transport tunnel to get to the generator then (is it straightforward or will I need a guide?)

I will also contact and update Raskae.

Captain REX
The transport tunnel is a narrow hallway that the guard uses to get from one end of the Museum to the other using speederbikes. It is pretty straightforward and it ends next to the emergency generator.

Raskae tells you to find out what has happened with the emergency generator and report to him.

Bardock42
So I will do that. Could I feel anything odd near the guards?

Captain REX
Just their confusion. They don't know what to do without the emergency generator.

When you step into the room, you see the massive emergency generator and the small maintenance crawlspace surrounding it. First thing you notice that's wrong- crackles of energy are playing across the surface of the generator and glowing from within. You don't think it is supposed to do that.

Bardock42
I will try to determine what I think is wrong with it, and if I believe it is safe and possible I will try to fix it. Either way I will contact Raskae and the Guards to explain the situation.

Captain REX
Upon closer inspection, you discover tiny circular disks attached to the generator that shouldn't be there. They are emitting electromagnetic pulses into the generator that are damaging its components and keeping it from functioning!

Someone had to put those there. This is sabotage.

Bardock42
Is it safe to remove them? If so I will. (I got Fix-It 9)

"The generator has been sabotaged, Master. I will try fixing it, but I am not sure if I will be able to. I will contact you, shortly"

Captain REX
No. They have become fused with the generator. The heat from their pulses has melted them.

Bardock42
Nothing I can do with the force, etc?

"Master. There is nothing to be done about the generator. I will get back to the guards and see how I can help"

Captain REX
"Are you certain? What has been done to sabotage it?" Raskae asks.

Bardock42
"They used electromagnetic pulses to damage the generator. I don't see a way of removing or destroying them without harm to the generator."

Is the last bit, true, btw? What if I do a bit of light sabre surgery?

Captain REX
Lightsaber surgery may be possible, if you wish to attempt it.

Bardock42
I'm going to destroy the generator, won't I?

Well, Con will carefully try to destroy the EMPs without damaging the generator. (can I use grip or something to destroy them more easily?)

Captain REX
There IS an offensive Force power meant to damage/destroy inanimate objects, called Bash, which you have! Would you prefer that method?

Bardock42
Yes, indeed. It seems safer.

Captain REX
It is. If you had tried disabling them by hand, you may electrocuted yourself. If you had tried removing them with your lightsaber, you may have slipped and damaged the generator further with your weapon that can cut through anything.

And so you concentrate small pushes with the Force, breaking each EMP until the damaging effects they are having on the generator cease.

Inspecting the generator, you figure that the rest of the repair work will be beyond your capability. Reporting to the guard, they tell you that they will send someone back to help you.

Bardock42
Con, after hearing that back up should arrive shortly, takes a moment to catch his breath and then contacts his master once more "Master? I may have been too hasty. It seems I was able to destroy the EMPs. The generator is still not functioning, but a mechanic should arrive here shorly. Should I stay here and wait for him?"

Captain REX
Raskae does not respond right away. You have a feeling that he is thinking.

"No," Raskae says. "I want you to investigate what we sensed earlier. If someone sabotage the generator, we have an intruder and we don't know where he is. We need to find him before he finds us."

Bardock42
"Yes, Master". Con takes one last look around the generator room, then makes his way back to the guard station

Captain REX
You pass another speeder on the way back, one of the guards going to take a look at the generator.

At the guard station, they are thankful for your work on the generator. None of them could have done it! But they are still worried about their Captain's disappearance.

Bardock42
Con will say that he is going to investigate it. Do they have any clue where he was last, or where I could start.

I assume Pum'bet's disappearance might be closely linked to the feeling of death, sadly.

Captain REX
That is a possibility that you hope you are incorrect about, but so far, it seems that way.

The guards are also unsettled by your report of sabotage. They too will search the Museum for any signs of unusual activity, armed with glowrods and pistols.

They have no idea about Pum'bet. Last they heard he was going to meet with you briefly to go over security details. Which means you were the last person to see him alive, though so far you have told them you have not seen him.

Bardock42
Ohhh. Haha, I misunderstood, I thought they were asking whether I have seen him since.

I will try to correct this and tell them where and how I met him.

Captain REX
That clears that up! They ask you to help search for him, in that case.

Bardock42
"Of course I will help looking for him. I am a bit at loss in these vast halls though. Where should we start looking?"

Can I use sense or scan to feel anything. Also, what about Empathy on the whole of the guards (worried about inside job).

Captain REX
The guards suggest beginning where you last saw him and moving on from there.

Something definitely doesn't feel right about this... but it isn't the guards. All you can read from them is how grateful they are that you are here and how scared they are.

Bardock42
Ah okay. Well, I will take the lead then, and tell a few of the guys to come with me to the place I have last seen him.

Captain REX
They accompany you to the room where you last saw him, then spread out from there. One thing is for certain, you are close to where you sensed death...

Raskae will ask if you know anything else that could narrow it down. You did not know Pum'bet well, but you did speak with him.

Bardock42
"Well, Master, he told me two things that might be of relevance, one about a time when someone was trying to rob the Museum by trying to torch his way through the walls, the other that he favoured the "Galactic Mysteries" section. He might have been there or on his way there when it happened. I will be sure to check it, quickly"

Captain REX
"Go there," Raskae advises.

And so you do. The worst of your fears is confirmed when you arrive in the pitch black room. Shining your glowrod across the floor to see where you are walking, it flashes over a body face-down on the floor and the glint of red blood pooling around it.

It is Pum'bet.

A quick analysis confirms that he died of a severe neck injury- his head is twisted at an odd angle. Before his death, he sustained multiple stab wounds to the chest. The knife has been left embedded in his heart. His killer must have snapped his neck because he was not dying fast enough.

In one hand, Pum'bet clutches his comlink.

His blaster pistol is not in its holster. You find it a short distance away. It is cold; he never fired it.

Bardock42
Is there anything odd about the knife? Can I feel anything?

I will contact Raskae

"Master, the Captain has been killed. It appears he has been stabbed and his neck has been broken. Should I inform the guards?"

Captain REX
You can identify it as a stiletto, a narrow stabbing weapon.

"Yes," Raskae says. "Put them on full alert. We have an intruder, likely armed and deadly. Shoot to kill."

There is one more thing you notice about the crime scene... the killer made a mistake! It seems he stepped into his victim's blood, and his footsteps lead away from the scene...

... toward the Jedi Order exhibit, where Raskae is.

You sense danger!

Bardock42
Few things.

-Is there something special about the footsteps (are they human, big, etc.)?

-About the comlink. Do I have to assume he contacted someone before he died and can I check something from it? (in that case I'd take it with me)

Also, I quickly want to contact Raskae with.

"Master, the killer seems to be on the way towards you. I will alert the guards and come to you. Be careful, I sense danger"

and the guards

"I have found Pum'Bet, he has been killed. The murderer is on his way to the Jedi Order Exhibit, quickly notify the authorities and send some guards to aid Master Raskae. Also someone to the Galactic Mysteries Hall, to protect the crime scene. I will be on my way to Raskae."

And now I'd like to draw my lightsabre and sprint towards the Jedi exhibit. (it's still dark?)

Captain REX
They are average and human.

You assume he was trying to alert the guard to his stabbing, at which point the killer broke his neck.

It is still dark, so enhanced speed maneuvers are impossible other than natural running.

The guard is in panic, as they are the only armed force on the planet of Zehat and they now have to do their duty to the Museum. But they will have their men converge on the Galactic Mysteries and Jedi Order sections.

Any other plans for heading into the Jedi Order exhibit?

Bardock42
None particular.

But did Raskae reply anything?

Captain REX
Raskae responds a simple affirmative in acknowledgement.

On to the Jedi Order exhibit then?

Bardock42
Yep. Though not just rushing in, if I hear or feel something I'd be cautios.

Captain REX
In that case, you stride into the Jedi Order exhibit well before the guard arrives.

You can sense Master Raskae standing by the Votive... but you can also sense a third person! Your Master is in danger!

Bardock42
I will ignite my sabre and hurry over there, yelling "Master?".

(can I use the glowstick to illuminate or can I see anything? A lighsabre flicker, for example?)

Captain REX
Master Raskae ignites his lightsaber only a second before your own, the green blade shining through the darkness and illuminating his stern expression.

From the side of the room left of where you came in, there is a soft crack! as something is fired at Raskae. The Jedi Master attempts a Dodge, raising his Defense to 18, but his attacker rolls a 12 and puts a Fortune point into his shot.

Raskae cries out as a dark needle strikes his shoulder.

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

North

Raskae: 15/18/5

East

Con: 12(2)/0/3

South

?: 0/5

---

In the dim glow of your lightsabers, you think you can see your opponent, a black silhouette in the darkness. He also seems to be wearing infrared goggles, so his 'eyes' shine orange.

You can definitely sense his surprise and fear.

Bardock42
Can I bash his infrared google?

Except for that, how exactly does combat work now compared to Ush's game?

Captain REX
Simple. You attack with a nominated skill- likely your Lightsaber- and I roll a d20 to determine the effectiveness of your attack. The equation is 'Skill + Roll - Difficulty = Result.' The Difficulty, in this case, is your opponent's defense. The Result must be 10 or above; Outcome is determined by subtracting 10 from your Result and is added on to the damage you inflict.

Well, maybe not so simple.

Actions are also determined by frames. Currently, you are on frame 3. Raskae and the Thief are both on frame 5. The lower number always goes first.

I will send you links to relevant rules threads...

Also, almost forgot. This is what all the numbers mean...

Con: A(A1)/B/C

A = Force Pool! How many points you have to spend on Force powers in combat.

A1 = Bonus Force pool from your Blade Trick Force Warrior, for use with Force Attacks (Combat Push, Bash, Lightning, etc.)

B = Damage you've taken.

C = Your frames.

Captain REX
As for Bashing the Thief's infrared goggles, he will not take damage from it, but it will make his life difficulty! But it may be hard to pull off.

Bardock42
Oh okay, well I will use Bash then to destroy the guys InfraRed sensor. That would be 3 Frames, so I guess their turn?

How will it be hard?

Captain REX
The goggles are a small target, so the difficulty to hit them increases.

Bardock42
Is there a good chance, worth the try?

Captain REX
Only one way for Con to find out...

Bardock42
Okay, I will try to use Bash on the visor then.

Captain REX
Con, you thrust a hand forward to Bash the Thief's goggles...

You have a Force Attack rating of 12, and you roll a 10. Subtracting the Thief's passive defense of 14 gives you an end result of 8... close, but not close enough!

Raskae takes a moment to compose himself, activating Sidestep to increase his Strength and endure incoming blaster fire.

The Thief has in his hands a pair of sleek pistols. He squeezes off two shots at Master Raskae, rolling 13 and 17 on his attack. Raskae performs an active dodge, fending off the shots with his lightsaber, but takes hits for 2 and 6 damage respectively.

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

North

Raskae: 11/26/7 (Sidestep)

East

Con: 12(0)/0/6

South

Thief: 0/8

---

The Jedi are acting ahead of this wily thief...

Bardock42
I'd like to attack him with flurry.

Bardock42
After a talk with Rex...I don't actually have Flurry.

So I will use Flying Charge to attack the guy immediately.

Captain REX
Con leaps into action! You Charge across the room and into close quarters with the Thief, slashing at him with your lightsaber as you come. You roll a 20! You rather viciously cut him across his arm for 27 damage, causing him to recoil in severe pain...

Raskae advances, intending to join you.

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

Center

Raskae: 11/26/10 (Sidestep)

East

Con: 9(0)/0/9

South

Thief: 27/9

---

You are actually still acting ahead of the Thief!

Bardock42
After succesfully charging towards the mysterious enemy and a skilled slash of his sabre, Con reaches out to the force to subdue his enemy (Grip) and attempting to talk him into surrendering: "Give up, you have no chance against two Jedi. Surrender and you will live"

Captain REX
You roll a 12... success!

Before the Thief can turn his blasters on you, he feels your Grip wrap around his throat and constrict his breathing. He reaches towards his throat.

"Jedi..." he chokes out. "Here?"

Raskae steps forwards to join you, his lightsaber still lit. He cringes as the poison from the dart weapon begins to have an effect on him, putting 10 damage on him.

Bardock42
"Master, are you alright?"

Could Raskae take his gun from the guy and maybe tie him, while I maintain the grip? (no hurting, don't want to kill the guy)

Captain REX
"I will be fine," Raskae says. Raskae reaches out with the Force and plucks the Thief's twin pistols from him, rather than coming up close and taking them. "Now, friend, tell us. Who are you?"

The Thief remains silent.

Bardock42
"Tell us what you know or we will let the Guards decide what to do with you. And they don't like people that kill their Captains" (use intimidate...don't forget grip bonus stick out tongue)

Captain REX
"My name is Medraud," he fesses up. "I am a thief."

Bardock42
"What were you going to steal?"

Captain REX
"I have already stolen it," he says.

"Look out!" Raskae shouts. He throws himself at you, tackling you to the ground as another crack! is heard. A needle embeds itself in his side, inflicting another 18 damage.

You have lost your Grip on Medraud, however.

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

North

Thief B: 0/15

South

Raskae: 15/54/17

Con: 12(2)/0/16

Medraud: 27/15

---

A second thief, having taken advantage of your concentration on Medraud, has slipped in and removed the Votive from its case!

Troubling, Con. You did not sense him! You did not even sense danger when he tried firing that dart at you.

Medraud is launching a kick at Raskae as he rises, while the other Thief is raising his blaster pistols at both of you.

Bardock42
Con, actively dodging, while moving in the new enemy's direction, yells at Raskae: "Master, I will take care of this new guy. Be careful, you are injured"

Captain REX
Raskae does not have a chance to respond. He performs a Defend to cover himself against both attackers. Medraud performs a Flying Kick, hopping up with a spinning kick that crashes across Raskae's jaw. He staggers back, hit for 10 damage, but he keeps his wits about him to protect himself against blasterfire.

The second Thief takes his shots, two from each blaster with the sleek pistols like Medraud's. Master Raskae deflects the first one, but the second shot slips past his guard and burns into his shoulder for 9 damage. You exert yourself to deflect one, taking 4 damage, but you deflect the second.

You then meticulously pick your way across the room through the darkness. The second Thief actually advances as he shoots at you, meeting you up close...

Finding himself under pressure and wounded, Raskae launches a vicious Combination at Medraud. But with his injury he is only able to cut Medraud once, across the thigh. Even so, the base damage of a lightsaber is extreme; Medraud takes 23 damage.

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

Center

Con: 12(2)/4/20

Thief B: 0/19

South

Raskae: 13/73/21

Medraud: 50/19

---

The second Thief has the opportunity to fire at you at close range...

Bardock42
I will use Reflection to send the blaster shot backat him.

Bardock42
After a fellow Light Sider gave me some advise. I want to change that to Force Dodge, actually. Thanks.

Captain REX
Let's see how that goes...

It seems that these Thieves are incredibly skilled with firing blasters up close. Rather than receiving the -2 penalty for using blasters at close range, these Close Quarters Gunmen receive +2 for it! The Second Thief decides to put down a pair of double-shots...

Good thing you went with the Force Dodge! Con only takes 6 damage.

Medraud tries to smash Raskae across the jaw with a powerful punch, but a Force Dodge from him keeps him clear as well!

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

Center

Con: 10(2)/10/21

Thief B: 0/22

South

Raskae: 11/73/22

Medraud: 50/22

---

Jedi are ahead of the Thieves!

Bardock42
I would like to do a quick and painful Flurry against the guy.

Captain REX
A familiar mix-up! I will make that a Combination.

Snicker-snack! The Thief spends a Fortune point in an effort to keep clear of your attack... but a 19 on the first slash is a hit! The tip of your lightsaber catches across his chest, for 23 damage.

Raskae rolls poorly and does not hit a dodging Medraud with his Strike...

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

Center

Con: 12(2)/10/24

Thief B: 23/23

South

Raskae: 15/73/24

Medraud: 50/23

---

Force pool refreshes, and it is the Thieves' turn to strike...

Bardock42
I'd like to Force Dodge again then.

Captain REX
Force Dodge it is!

The Thief throws marksmanship out the window and goes for Matrix logic- firing lots and lots of shots will get hits. He takes a pair of double-shots, making four attacks on you at close range... 19, 18, 16, 12... he spends a Fortune point to make that four hits for a staggering 29 damage total. You struggle to fend off his shots, but he is firing faster than you can block!

Raskae is feeling the effects of the venom that those darts injected him with. Gasping for breath and clutching his chest, your Master falls to one knee, then collapses to the floor as Medraud strikes him across the face. He is down.

Medraud spends his action retrieving his sleek pistols from your Master... but also takes your Master's lightsaber!

Museum guards have arrived, converging on the sound of fighting with their pistols drawn.

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

Center

Con: 10(2)/39/25

Thief B: 23/26

East

Guards x5: 0/26

West

Guards x5: 0/26

South

Medraud: 50/26

---

You are ahead, Con.

Bardock42
Being surprised by this sudden attack, Con decides that attack is the best way to go and once more uses his lightsabre skills to bring two quick attacks.

Combination against the Thief.

Captain REX
You try to make another pair of slashes, but your foe spends his last Fortune point to remain clear and intact.

The guards cautiously open fire on Medraud. He takes 3 damage from a lucky shot. Cases shatter and plinthes burst as their shots criss-cross about the Jedi Order exhibit.

Medraud promptly responds by firing back at the guards with both pistols, super-snapping his shots so that they only take one frame. The inexperienced guards are easy targets for him; on three pairs of super-snapped shots, he kills five guards. He sweeps his pistols from east to west, casually shooting without making any effort to evade their fire.

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

Center

Con: 8(2)/39/28

Thief B: 23/27

East

Guards x2: 0/29

West

Guards x3: 0/29

South

Medraud: 53/29

---

The Thief is ahead of you, but luckily you have forced him to deplete his supply of Fortune points!

Bardock42
I will use a force dodge again to try to stay clear of his attacks.

Captain REX
The Thief continues to rapidly fire double-shots at you, trying to bring you down. He rolls poorly on his first set of rolls, but promptly pulls of two 20s, giving you 16 damage.

Medraud takes 4 damage from the poorly trained guards crazed crossfire... then promptly finishes them off with another three super-snapped attacks, blasting them down two at a time.

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

Center

Con: 6(2)/55/29

Thief B: 23/30

South

Medraud: 57/32

---

Your move...

Bardock42
Well, since he doesn't have any fortune points left, I think I will again use combination, and hope I can hurt him more, this time.

Captain REX
The Force is with you, this time! With a pair of quick swipes, you cut a holster from his belt and drag your lightsaber across his leg. He staggers back with a gasp of pain, taking 53 damage from a very successful Combination that you just launched.

He is at a -3 penalty and takes a Death Check... pass. He is still in this, but your next blow could be the end of him!

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

Center

Con: 4(2)/55/32

Thief B: 76/31

South

Medraud: 57/32

---

The Thief is going to shoot at you, and so will Medraud if you dodge the Thief.

Bardock42
I will use Guard to protect myself against both attacks.

Captain REX
The Thief limps away from you, losing his Close Quarters bonus but pulling himself out of your lightsaber's reach. He rolls 17 and 3 as he retreats, the first being a hit for 6.

Medraud keeps his distance. Blasting away, he gets you for 3 damage.

At 64 damage, you have a -1 penalty. It goes up to -2 at 65 and -3 at 70, so be careful...

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

West

Thief B: 76/35

Center

Con: 2(2)/64/33

South

Medraud: 57/35

---

Your move!

Bardock42
I will use Combat Push to pull the Blaster out of the thiefs hand.

Captain REX
No way for him to defend against that... you roll 15 and yank those pistols out of his hands!

But sadly, it may have been better used against Medraud, who is not wounded...

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

West

Thief B: 76/35

Center

Con: 12(2)/64/36

South

Medraud: 57/35

---

Medraud is going to shoot at you while the other Thief moves to retrieve his pistols, leaving you with only one attacker this time.

Force Pool has refreshed!

Bardock42
I'd like to do to a force dodge against Medraud then.

Captain REX
Despite your best efforts, one of Medraud's bolts comes a little too close for comfort, inflicting 4 damage and taking you to a -2 penalty...

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

West

Thief B: 76/38

Center

Con: 10(2)/68/37

South

Medraud: 57/38

---

The Thief has fetched up his pistols, but it is your move!

Bardock42
I'd like to do a Flying Attack on Medraud

Captain REX
Exhibiting a burst of agility, Con flips across the room and brings his lightsaber down at Medraud! The thief throws himself backwards, pumping a Fortune point into his evasive action, but your lightsaber carves a hefty wound across his front for 24 damage! And now you are right on top of him...

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

West

Thief B: 76/38

South

Con: 7(2)/68/40

Medraud: 81/39

---

Medraud and the Thief to fire.

Bardock42
I will use Guard again to protect me.

Captain REX
The Thief rolls nada.

Medraud, however, excels up close! He receives his Close Quarters bonus once more and sends a shot burning through your shoulder! You take 12 damage from his twin pistols, raising you up to 80! That is a Death Check (which you pass) and a -3 penalty on your attacks...

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

West

Thief B: 76/41

South

Con: 5(2)/80/41

Medraud: 81/42

---

Things are getting close here! Medraud has his pistols shoved in your face and you have your lightsaber shoved in his...

Bardock42
Well, I will attack him with a combination for good measure.

Captain REX
Your wounds are a serious hinderance at this point, and the quick swipes of a Combination do not help it. Medraud rolls away as your lightsaber melts lines into the stone floor of the Museum...

---

MUSEUM FIGHT

West

Thief B: 76/41

South

Con: 3(2)/80/44

Medraud: 81/43

---

Medraud comes up on one knee, lifting both pistols in your direction while the second Thief closes in from behind...

Bardock42
Well, I'd like to do a defensive leap away from Medraud then.

Captain REX
As quickly as Con has come, Con is leaving! You flip backwards away from Medraud to deprive him of his bonus... but he puts a Fortune point into one of his shots and it burns into your back as you are coming down. 6 damage... at 86 damage, you still pass the Death Check.

The Thief then rolls a 20, pushing you up to 94 damage... Death Check failed.

You are a talented Jedi Padawan, Con, nearly ready for your trials, but this was not something you were prepared for. Just as you land, a laser bolt catches you in the side and you go down, dropping your lightsaber to clutch at the burning wound.

Bardock42
As Con drops to the floor and and the lights begin to fade he thinks to himself "Well, that could have gone better", before his face swiftly hits the concrete hard.

Captain REX
The blast wound is bad, but lasers cauterize. No blood, yet.

Medraud, the first Thief, limps over to you, pistols still in his hands.

"Foolish Jedi," Medraud sneers. "Never come between a dedicated thief and his quarry. It will not end well for you..."

"Medraud, we must go!" the second Thief says, gesturing toward the exit to the room with his pistols.

"In a second, Medraut," Medraud says, crouching down beside you. "I must talk with our friend, here. I want to know why he thought he could stop me..."

Bardock42
After a short fade out, Con returns to life to see Medraud above him. As he addresses his ally, Con starts to speak, weakly: "...it doesn't matter. I had to try"

Captain REX
"As I said," Medraud says. "Fool."

He presses the nozzle of a pistol against your forehead... and there is a shot, but not from his gun. Instead, his pistol retracts and he rises up, bolts flickering past him.

"Until we meet again, Jedi scum!" Medraud shouts at you before buggering off. Footsteps race past you.

Shortly after, a man kneels by you, one of the guards. "Are you alright?"

Bardock42
"I'll need help. M-my Master? He's been poisoned." Con stutters out in agony.

Captain REX
You cannot hear what the man says in return over the sound of pistols being fired and things shattering and breaking all around you, death screams from some of the guards as they fall prey to Medraud and Medraut, the thieving twins.

You fade from consciousness...

-

You groggily come to at some point the next day, aching from physical exhaustion and from the gun wounds to your shoulder and side.

You seem to be in a bacta tank. Master Raskae is in the one beside you.

Bardock42
Does Raskae seem alright?

Captain REX
He is unconscious. Like you, he has a breathing apparatus strapped to his mouth and nose, but he also has a large metal brace set around his jaw to hold it in place. Additionally, several tubes are fixed into different places on his body, seemingly injecting him with medicine through large needles.

Bardock42
Does me waking up mean I am close to healed? Can I signal someone outside?

Captain REX
Gently probing the areas where you were shot reveals soreness, but not the stinging sensation of a raw and open wound.

Yes, there is a button on the side of the tank for hailing the nurse.

Bardock42
Okay, I will press the button then to call a nurse.

Captain REX
The nurse comes in. A symbol on her uniform reveals that you are still on Zehat. As does the guard from the Museum that walks in behind her.

"Oh, you are awake," the nurse says, smiling. "How do you feel?"

Bardock42
"I feel better, thank you. How is Raskae?"

Captain REX
Her smile fades.

"He will live, but the neurotoxins that he was poisoned with were a rare blend," the nurse tells you. "If the doctor's assessment is correct, he may have already sustained severe nerve and tissue damage despite our treatments."

Bardock42
"W-what does that mean" Con asked, not quite sure what to make of it.

Captain REX
"He... may not be able to move properly," the nurse says. "It will require extensive therapy, especially at his age. It may even be some time before he is even conscious."

She has basically announced the end of Raskae's career as a Jedi Master to you. He will not be able to further your training in his severely weakened state, nor will he be fit for active duty.

Bardock42
"I understand. I will need to contact the Council immediately, may I be released?"

Captain REX
After checking out your vital signs, the nurse consents.

What are you going to tell them? You are not sure what happened after you were shot, by the way. The guard, Pum'bet's lieutenant, has come to fill you in.

Bardock42
Well, I was going to tell them what happened to us (though I think they probably already know more than me), but specifically wanted to know what I should do, seeing as Raskae, whose mission it was, is unavailable. But I guess I will first let myself be informed by the guard.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>