Green Lanterns vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, Guy Gardener and Kilowogg

vs

Thanos

vansonbee
I believe Thanos win this match up

10/10 evil face

fangirl101
The Five best GL's Ever? Prolly The Gl's 8/10. Kyle Alone has made like an army of Super Heroes.

vansonbee
Originally posted by fangirl101
The Five best GL's Ever? Prolly The Gl's 8/10. Kyle Alone has made like an army of Super Heroes. Energy base team vs a Evil bastard like Thanos who control matter and energy ?

fangirl101
Originally posted by vansonbee
Energy base team vs a Evil bastard like Thanos who control matter and energy ?
Is that what you thought they were?

I remember them giving themselves extra powers, stopping time, creating constructs, One of them is nearly as strong As Superman. All far more mobile than Thanos. You give Thanos too much credit. At best he's 2 or three times a herald leveler. Not 5 times.

Bouboumaster

I remember them giving themselves extra powers, stopping time, creating constructs, One of them is nearly as strong As Superman. All far more mobile than Thanos. You give Thanos too much credit. At best he's 2 or three times a herald leveler. Not 5 times.

BUT he can affect mind. And when your power is based on WILL...

vansonbee

I remember them giving themselves extra powers, stopping time, creating constructs, One of them is nearly as strong As Superman. All far more mobile than Thanos. You give Thanos too much credit. At best he's 2 or three times a herald leveler. Not 5 times. Thanos has variety of attacks :P

Wills can be broken after he killed couple lolz

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
BUT he can affect mind. And when your power is based on WILL...
The Lanters can also use telepathy. And they can shield against it.

vansonbee
The Lanters can also use telepathy. And they can shield against it.
WOW that I didn't know, lolz What is this from?

Is there a scan of one Lantern using telepathy to communicate?

Which Lantern shield his mind against? O_O

Mindset
The Five best GL's Ever? Prolly The Gl's 8/10. Kyle Alone has made like an army of Super Heroes. Kyle > the rest of the Gl corps combined.

vansonbee
The Five best GL's Ever? Prolly The Gl's 8/10. Kyle Alone has made like an army of Super Heroes.
Ya sorry this is current green lantern Kyle. please don't twist other version of Kyle in... awesr

iceman24567
That many Gl's? Hal and Kyle could give Thanos trouble the rest seal the deal.

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
That many Gl's? Hal and Kyle could give Thanos trouble the rest seal the deal. Honestly Hal and Kyle wouldn't be much of a threat to Thanos.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
Honestly Hal and Kyle wouldn't be much of a threat to Thanos. The would at the very least get like 2 wins out of Thanos 3 other green lanterns higher s the odds alot.

Mindset
I don't see Kyle and Hal getting any wins. Assuming they are both SS level beings then Thanos would beat the two 10/10 imo.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins. "thanos wins" <- this will soon be fallowed by: " lanterns win".

quan, you have to at least explain why. just like on a math exam, you have to show how you came to that conclusion..... even just a little bit.

Badabing
Guy Gardner wins this alone. biscuits

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
"thanos wins" <- this will soon be fallowed by: " lanterns win".

quan, you have to at least explain why. just like on a math exam, you have to show how you came to that conclusion..... even just a little bit. I gave my opinion. Do you even realize ho wmany posters give their opinions without explanations?

Seriously? Have you noticed that most posters just give their opinions and then when asked further they explain themselves. Man I thought more of you till just now.

None of these lanterns have the power to ko or beat Thanos. Thanos has shields that can make Galactus himself deplete his vast energies. I have seen Hal and company get wrecked by Superboy Prime. His arm was broken quite easily and he had a lot of backup against this man of steel.

Thanos has stood toe to toe with Odin. Do you realize how much more powerful odin is than these lanterns and he didnt even ko Thanos. Thanos will break one,then another,then another,until they are dead or ko'd.

He can erect shields to take massive damage or just eat the damage himself. he took far more from odin without a shield and was still a-ok at the end of the fight imo.

Thanos wins all day. smile

iceman24567
Originally posted by Badabing
Guy Gardner wins this alone. biscuits Guy is the coolest Gl ever. His awesome level is greater than his will eek!

Mindset
Originally posted by Badabing
Guy Gardner wins this alone. biscuits Don't make me ban you

Mindset
Thanos has shields that can make Galactus himself deplete his vast energies. Not true.

Badabing
Originally posted by iceman24567
Guy is the coolest Gl ever. His awesome level is greater than his will eek! Originally posted by Mindset
Don't make me ban you laughing out loud

psycho gundam
I gave my opinion. Do you even realize ho wmany posters give their opinions without explanations? it's just that when you do it, your "groupies" soon fallow (you know who you are wink ) then the thread gets killed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
it's just that when you do it, your "groupies" soon fallow (you know who you are wink ) then the thread gets killed. I always back myself up. But,usually when most posters first initially post in a thread its to give their opinion on the winner.

Red Hulk
Thanos has shields that can make Galactus himself deplete his vast energies. Thanos has access to his ship in this battle?

vansonbee
Thanos has shields that can make Galactus himself deplete his vast energies.Can't agree on Galactus depleting his energy when it didn't happen, but none the less very impressive.

Can't even try to compare Lantern attack to Odin fierce display of power. Thanos win this.

-------------
and fangirl101 didn't you stated that GL's can shield themselves from TP attacks?

Also all GL can use TP abilities or just sudden ones?
I DEMAND no scans smile
embarrasment

quanchi112
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Thanos has access to his ship in this battle? He has called on shields before in other stories....so why cant he use his shields here?Originally posted by vansonbee
Can't agree on Galactus depleting his energy when it didn't happen, but none the less very impressive.

Can't even try to compare Lantern attack to Odin fierce display of power. Thanos win this.

-------------
and fangirl101 didn't you stated that GL's can shield themselves from TP attacks?

Also all GL can use TP abilities or just sudden ones?
I DEMAND no scans smile
embarrasment Did you read the arc? Because Galactus most certainly depleted energies while piercing his shield.

fangirl101
He has called on shields before in other stories....so why cant he use his shields here? Did you read the arc? Because Galactus most certainly depleted energies while piercing his shield.
Thanos shields were on his ship. He doesn't have access to those shields. if he had, he'd have used them when fighting tyrant and Odin. Thanos was prepped. And galactus did not deplete himself. he just said that he had never excerted himself in such a manner before.

quanchi112
Thanos shields were on his ship. He doesn't have access to those shields. if he had, he'd have used them when fighting tyrant and Odin. Thanos was prepped. And galactus did not deplete himself. he just said that he had never excerted himself in such a manner before. Did you read the infinity abyss arc? Did ya? he had three more powerful forcefields. He can call on them for battle.

There was a time when I actually believed what you posted. Now,I know you know very little about comics and gain knowledge from scans and other posters. You dont read the stories yourself.

Here is the scan where my claim is proven like always. You really arent good at this at all.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thanos0511-1.jpg

fangirl101
Did you read the infinity abyss arc? Did ya? he had three more powerful forcefields. He can call on them for battle.

There was a time when I actually believed what you posted. Now,I know you know very little about comics and gain knowledge from scans and other posters. You dont read the stories yourself.

Here is the scan where my claim is proven like always. You really arent good at this at all.

You can't read your own scan. He's not depleted. He just says depleted vital energies.

quanchi112
He has called on shields before in other stories....so why cant he use his shields here? Did you read the arc? Because Galactus most certainly depleted energies while piercing his shield. Originally posted by fangirl101
You can't read your own scan. He's not depleted. He just says depleted vital energies. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

kgkg
Thanos shields were on his ship. He doesn't have access to those shields. if he had, he'd have used them when fighting tyrant and Odin. Thanos was prepped. And galactus did not deplete himself. he just said that he had never excerted himself in such a manner before.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kgkg
Yep.

Bentley

None of these lanterns have the power to ko or beat Thanos. Thanos has shields that can make Galactus himself deplete his vast energies. I have seen Hal and company get wrecked by Superboy Prime. His arm was broken quite easily and he had a lot of backup against this man of steel.

Over stating, Thanos didn't "make Galactus deplete his vast energies" they got wrecked after one blast of Galactus and he declared unfazed that another one would seal the deal. Thanos decided to parley.

Prime would wreak Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Over stating, Thanos didn't "make Galactus deplete his vast energies" they got wrecked after one blast of Galactus and he declared unfazed that another one would seal the deal. Thanos decided to parley.

Prime would wreak Thanos.

DEALING WITH YOU HAS DEPLETED VITAL ENERGIES.

Its right in the scan.

I never said Thanos could have beaten Galactus but to get through one of his shields he needed to feed because of all the energies he had depleted himself of. Its right in the scan friend.

Thanos would destroy Prime. You my friend are overrating Prime.

Bentley
You talk just like Starlin uhuh

Galactus uses his energy and then he eats, that's how he works, lets not give people the impression he almost beat him or something.

Prime survived the explosion of Monarch, who by himself defeated hundreds of Supermen and was shown physically superior. Prime has better battle feats.

quanchi112
DEALING WITH YOU HAS DEPLETED VITAL ENERGIES.

Its right in the scan.

I never said Thanos could have beaten Galactus but to get through one of his shields he needed to feed because of all the energies he had depleted himself of. Its right in the scan friend.

Thanos would destroy Prime. You my friend are overrating Prime. Originally posted by Bentley
You talk just like Starlin uhuh

Galactus uses his energy and then he eats, that's how he works, lets not give people the impression he almost beat him or something.

Prime survived the explosion of Monarch, who by himself defeated hundreds of Supermen and was shown physically superior. Prime has better battle feats. I didnt say he beat him. I said he depleted energies dealing with piercing his shield.

I was 100 percent correct and my scan proves it.

No,Prime doesnt. Time trapper saved him imo. I dont want to derail this thread. Bump the thread if you want to continue this debate.

Bentley
No,Prime doesnt. Time trapper saved him imo. I dont want to derail this thread. Bump the thread if you want to continue this debate.

You concede its your opinion. Fine, lets not derail this topic.

quanchi112
You concede its your opinion. Fine, lets not derail this topic. Ok. Bump the thread if you want to.

fangirl101
How did the time trapper save Superboy prime? His body was still in tact after a universal explosion. It doesn't say that the time trapper revived SBP. It just says he retrieves him.

quanchi112
How did the time trapper save Superboy prime? His body was still in tact after a universal explosion. It doesn't say that the time trapper revived SBP. It just says he retrieves him. I think he retrieved him before the explosion got him?

How else wouldnt the monitor know about his continued existence.

fangirl101
I think he retrieved him before the explosion got him?

How else wouldnt the monitor know about his continued existence. He didn't. Or why Would SBP be knocked out floating in space. Obviously he was there when the universe exploded.

Mindset
Maybe SBP was just sleepy after TT saved him and he took a nap

quanchi112
He didn't. Or why Would SBP be knocked out floating in space. Obviously he was there when the universe exploded. He just pulls him through time. We dont see his universe at the time he does it. I have the comic. nice try though. He pulled him before the explosion.

fangirl101
He just pulls him through time. We dont see his universe at the time he does it. I have the comic. nice try though. He pulled him before the explosion.
So Superboy just happens to be taking a nap. You are back on block.

Bentley
Quan, answer: Why was Prime knocked out?

quanchi112
Quan, answer: Why was Prime knocked out? When?

Bentley
When the time trapper found him.

quanchi112
When the time trapper found him. Which book did this take place in?

Rhinoceros
Did you read the infinity abyss arc? Did ya? he had three more powerful forcefields. He can call on them for battle.

As far as I know, Galactus is "always" depleting his energies. If only Galactus' attack depleted his energies, don't you think he would never use them and that way he'd never need to feed on planets again.

You're making it sounds as Galactus depleted all his energies by shooting a single blast (that hardly exerted him) . Galactus is just saying he has spend too much time fooling around with Thanos by his own way.

And if you notice, this Galactus was a weak and extremely hungry Galactus. The thing dropped a weak Galactus so by this logic Thing > Thanos wink

Enyalus
Prime survived the explosion of Monarch, who by himself defeated hundreds of Supermen and was shown physically superior.

I'd like to point out that there are not even hundreds of Supermen in existence. He defeats three Supermen at once that I recall. A really fantastic feat. I'd like you to point out where he defeats more?

As for the thread, I think Thanos wins. Physically, he's far stronger than any of them. Can teleport. Has incredibly powerful energy blasts which allow him to damage the likes of Odin and Galactus. And I don't think any of them have the power to breech Thanos' force fields.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Enyalus
I'd like to point out that there are not even hundreds of Supermen in existence. He defeats three Supermen at once that I recall. A really fantastic feat. I'd like you to point out where he defeats more?

As for the thread, I think Thanos wins. Physically, he's far stronger than any of them. Can teleport. Has incredibly powerful energy blasts which allow him to damage the likes of Odin and Galactus. And I don't think any of them have the power to breech Thanos' force fields.
Thanos has these force fields in battle? Not that I'm aware of unless it's prep. Every time I've seen them, his fields have been in prep.

Enyalus
Thanos has these force fields in battle? Not that I'm aware of unless it's prep. Every time I've seen them, his fields have been in prep.

There's a scan in this very thread, where he states he has 'three personal force fields.'

If he doesn't, though, then the GLs probably take this battle.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
As far as I know, Galactus is "always" depleting his energies. If only Galactus' attack depleted his energies, don't you think he would never use them and that way he'd never need to feed on planets again.

You're making it sounds as Galactus depleted all his energies by shooting a single blast (that hardly exerted him) . Galactus is just saying he has spend too much time fooling around with Thanos by his own way.

And if you notice, this Galactus was a weak and extremely hungry Galactus. The thing dropped a weak Galactus so by this logic Thing > Thanos wink Galactus was well-nourished in this arc. Youd know tha if you read this.

He didnt deplete them all but enough to where he became very hungry. Thats how good Thanos' shield was.

Thanos>>Thing,just so you know.

Havent seen you in a while. You seem to come out just for little old me. smile

quanchi112
Thanos has these force fields in battle? Not that I'm aware of unless it's prep. Every time I've seen them, his fields have been in prep. Against Omega. Do some research on Thanos next time before you continue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.