Freaky Thing That Happened This Morning...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jadeily
I woke up at 5am and went online till 5.30am. My back felt a little sore, so I decided to go lie down and I did. I lied on my back, facing the ceiling, then turned and lied on my left side, my back facing the wall.

I was drifting off to sleep. And I did. I woke up about 10 minutes later, and I felt wide awake, refreshed.

I then wanted to get out of bed and take a shower. I tried to get up, but I couldn't. It felt like something was pushing me down. I couldn't move my arms, legs or speak. It was like, something was keeping my arms and legs locked together. I could only wriggle my toes. I was also suffocating a little.

I was petrified. I wanted to yell, and when I opened my mouth to shout, no sound came out. I was indeed yelling out, "DAD!" but my voice was not heard. I don't know what happened after. I was that way for 10 minutes. It was freaky as hell, and frightened the shit out of me.

When I could get up, it felt like something very heavy which was on top of me was lifted and there was a slight cold wind...

Any explanation for that other than "ghosts/poltergeists"? (I do believe in them, by the way.) erm

Lord Knightfa11
i believe that the unprotected can be threatened/opressed by fallen angels.... the scientific diagnosis is some sort of neurological disease.

Rogue Jedi
Imagination, Lily. You prolly werent all the way awake yet, but were dreaming that you were.

As far as the wind thing goes, I dunno.

Markus Corvinus
I don't believe in ghosts, but I do think that she may not have been awake all the way. Something similar happened with my friend.

Something else freaky: For basically this entire year, I've had a rotten toenail (I know, gross) and I was wondering if it'd ever go away. Earlier this week, it began to peel towards where the skin is, and I peeled it (didn't hurt) and it peeled exactly halfway across the nail, leaving some nail at the top, and some at the bottom. My mom told me to leave it alone, but today I decided to get the rest of the top part off. It took me about 15 minutes to get it to peel, and when I got it far enough to take it all the way off, it started hurting and began to bleed, but I got it off, so basically I'm missing the top layer of my toe.

Now that's a story. big grin

jadeily
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Imagination, Lily. You prolly werent all the way awake yet, but were dreaming that you were.

As far as the wind thing goes, I dunno.

I'm 100% sure I was wide awake. erm I waited for a good 5 minutes (was lazy) before I decided to get out of bed.

Rogue Jedi
I have had that happen before, where I was sure I was awake but wasn't. It was just a dream.

jadeily
I have had that happen before, where I was sure I was awake but wasn't. It was just a dream.

There's a history on the land I'm living on.
Few people died on this land.
A woman was raped and killed here.
Two construction workers died from being crushed by a brick wall.
A child drowned in the drain nearby my house.

You can't be entirely sure it's just a dream.

Markus Corvinus
A ghost is not something you can see, feel, taste, or touch. It appeals to none of the senses, therefore, it cannot exist.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jadeily
There's a history on the land I'm living on.
Few people died on this land.
A woman was raped and killed here.
Two construction workers died from being crushed by a brick wall.
A child drowned in the drain nearby my house.

You can't be entirely sure it's just a dream. Well, I dont believe in ghosts, so actually I can.

Lord Knightfa11
oooooooooooooo spooky.... thats cool i want to live there.

jadeily
Anyone else have any idea what it might be?
Could it be maybe my entire body just froze up, somehow? mmm

Lord Knightfa11
like a neurological problem??? which is what i said before?

jadeily
Perhaps?

Lord Knightfa11
see what a doctor has to say?

jadeily
Highly doubt it's a disease though.

Lord Knightfa11
i'd make sure... DO YOU WATCH HOUSE? one second some guys going ooo that was freaky and then they are dying painfuly with an ******* of a doctor being an *******!! its not fun!!

lol jk.

RevoWution™©®
I woke up at 5am and went online till 5.30am. My back felt a little sore, so I decided to go lie down and I did. I lied on my back, facing the ceiling, then turned and lied on my left side, my back facing the wall.

I was drifting off to sleep. And I did. I woke up about 10 minutes later, and I felt wide awake, refreshed.

I then wanted to get out of bed and take a shower. I tried to get up, but I couldn't. It felt like something was pushing me down. I couldn't move my arms, legs or speak. It was like, something was keeping my arms and legs locked together. I could only wriggle my toes. I was also suffocating a little.

I was petrified. I wanted to yell, and when I opened my mouth to shout, no sound came out. I was indeed yelling out, "DAD!" but my voice was not heard. I don't know what happened after. I was that way for 10 minutes. It was freaky as hell, and frightened the shit out of me.

When I could get up, it felt like something very heavy which was on top of me was lifted and there was a slight cold wind...

Any explanation for that other than "ghosts/poltergeists"? (I do believe in them, by the way.) erm

My mum's friend had a very similar story a few yrs ago too. I believe in ghosts, poltergeists and stuff so I'm guessing you were being pressed down by one?

jadeily

Mairuzu

Any explanation for that other than "ghosts/poltergeists"? (I do believe in them, by the way.) erm Who you gonna call?

jadeily
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Who you gonna call?

Mairuzu, me thinks.

Vinny Valentine
It's called Sleep Paralysis. It's a side effect to certain drugs, and it happens to some people. It's the state you are in RIGHT after you wake up. Your brain works, but your body wont respond. It only lasts a few minutes at most, and it sucks. All you need to remind yourself is it will pass in a few moments. I've had it happen to me over, at least 100 times now. It's a side effect to my heart medication. It can induce hallucinations, don't freak out

The main causes are medication, stress, and sleeping on your back.

Hope that helps.

Vinny Valentine
Posted Twice awesome

Markus Corvinus
Thanks for that info, Vinny boy, I didn't know that. Luckily, I don't sleep on my back or use a lot of medication.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
Thanks for that info, Vinny boy, I didn't know that. Luckily, I don't sleep on my back or use a lot of medication.

So who's sock are you?

jadeily
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
It's called Sleep Paralysis. It's a side effect to certain drugs, and it happens to some people. It's the state you are in RIGHT after you wake up. Your brain works, but your body wont respond. It only lasts a few minutes at most, and it sucks. All you need to remind yourself is it will pass in a few moments. I've had it happen to me over, at least 100 times now. It's a side effect to my heart medication. It can induce hallucinations, don't freak out

The main causes are medication, stress, and sleeping on your back.

Hope that helps.

haermm When you live in an area where people died the unpeaceful way, you tend to think of all sorts of possibilities.

mmm Mmm that is possible, but I've never had it before.

Vinny Valentine
haermm When you live in an area where people died the unpeaceful way, you tend to think of all sorts of possibilities.

mmm Mmm that is possible, but I've never had it before.

If what you explained is true, it's not a possibility.. That's what it is.

Rogue Jedi
So who's sock are you? You bloodhound you haermm

Markus Corvinus
So who's sock are you?

confused No one's, but I assumed it'd be better to refer to you by your username.

Mairuzu
Mairuzu, me thinks. Well.. i would have taken Ghostbusters...

jadeily
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Well.. i would have taken Ghostbusters...

I rather have Mairuzu. He's the demons innit?

If what you explained is true, it's not a possibility.. That's what it is.

Okay then.

DeathKap
I believe in ghosts.

Mairuzu
I rather have Mairuzu. He's the demons innit?

Okay then. I am the demons

Lord Knightfa11
don't do drugs and ull be fine.

Rogue Jedi
Lily on drugs? I think not.

jadeily
Lily on drugs? I think not.

Never.

Rogue Jedi
I just said that silly haermm

Scythe

Any explanation for that other than "ghosts/poltergeists"? (I do believe in them, by the way.) erm Just hold on, Roland and I are almost finished with Ghostbusting training for you to call us soon. We'll be on our way shortly!

Ax3l
Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
A ghost is not something you can see, feel, taste, or touch. It appeals to none of the senses, therefore, it cannot exist. Lol, God.

Scythe
Who you gunna call?!

Ax3l
Originally posted by Scythe
Just hold on, Roland and I are almost finished with Ghostbusting training for you to call us soon. We'll be on our way shortly! Uncool. I am the resident Ghost Hunter.

Scythe
Originally posted by Ax3l
Uncool. I am the resident Ghost Hunter. Rolos and I are next-gen Ghostbusters, it's all well put in the pamphlet you should have received.

Ax3l
Rolos and I are next-gen Ghostbusters, it's all well put in the pamphlet you should have received. www.ghost-mart.com

Also, can I join?

geshien

Tell a family member, if you haven't already and go see a doctor.

Scythe
Ahaha! I'm never gonna forget Roland and I's first job. Some chick called and said her bed was all spinning and shit, so Rolos asked if she had big boobs, she said "nay" so he hung up, but we eventually got there about four hours later to find the whole freakin' place like five feet in the air. We shot that b*tch ass ghost up his ass, then I laughed, and Roland came out of a giant corn's vagina for some odd reason, I don't know man. Some freaky shit happened that day, but it's okay now, it's all contained in that little box we trap shit in!

Scythe
www.ghost-mart.com

Also, can I join? Yes, yes you may.

Ax3l
Awesome. I'll buy the EMF reader. You buy the Thermal imaging camera.

Scythe
Awesome. I'll buy the EMF reader. You buy the Thermal imaging camera. We'll charge it all on Jacob Devon Marshall's credit card! Teach him a lesson about leaving his wallet in a McDonald's bathroom!

Ax3l
Good. Cus the thermal cam is over 8 grand.

Scythe
Good. Cus the thermal cam is over 8 grand. Good. Cuz he has like two more Mastercards and a Visa. We are gonna kick so much ass! Piggles'll prolly go blind!

Ax3l
Good, because I could use some new shoes.

Scythe
Good, because I could use some new shoes. Good, cuz little Jacob Marshall here has three kids we could jump for name brand sneakers.

Ax3l
Good, I could use some new children to feed to my Rancor, Jebidiah

Scythe
Good, I could use some new children to feed to my Rancor, Jebidiah Good, cuz I wanted that 8 yr olds Hello Kitty purs- OH SHI-!

my Rancor, Jebidiah Sill Ax3l, Jebidiah was a bullfrog, not a Rancor... You have a big as frog under your establishment?

Ax3l
Good, cus...waitwut!?

Scythe
Good, cuz Jebidiah was a bullfrog!

Rogue Jedi
I thought that was Jeremiah......

Scythe
It is, but it was an inside joke... Sigh...

Rogue Jedi
Well I am on the outside, my apologies....

Scythe
It's all good, it's all good.

Lord Knightfa11
Invite me to join the ghostbusters and i will bring the cookies!!

jadeily
haermm Scythe.

How much ya plan on spending then?!

Scythe
haermm Scythe.

How much ya plan on spending then?! Enough to teach people to not leave their wallets at fast food restrooms. I'll return it, promptly, but ask whatever I bought with credit cards as payment, teehee.

ragesRemorse

That has happened to me before, only twice but it worried me a great deal. I was told simply, that i experienced sleep paralysis.

jadeily
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
That has happened to me before, only twice but it worried me a great deal. I was told simply, that i experienced sleep paralysis.

Yea it's pretty scary shit when you experience it for the first time...

Enough to teach people to not leave their wallets at fast food restrooms. I'll return it, promptly, but ask whatever I bought with credit cards as payment, teehee.

Numbers, mate! 131

Rogue Jedi
Dude, I just woke from a nap and had a similar dream......

ScarletSpeed
sleep paralysis.

I've had it a few times

one of the most horrible feelings everno expression

Rogue Jedi
Reminds me of that Gayden movie a while back where he is in surgery, but aware.

chillmeistergen
Temporary paralysis?

http://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/Temporary_Paralysis_a280_f0.html

Yoshi Paradise

That happens to me, too.

Just be glad that you didn't see a huge spider near you...

Disturbed Angel

That happens to me all the time. confused I can't tell you wtf causes it though. Although my family claims that that happens when 'demons are trying to hold me down' - their words exactly. But they're all overly religious, so I dunno.

Edit: The sleep paralyisis thing almost everyone is talking about certainly makes a lot more sense than some supernatural shit. confused

Röland
I believe in the supernatural, but Vinny is 100% right, you experienced sleep paralysis.

Even if it hasn't happened to you before you can still experience it. Try not to freak and remember it will go away in a few minutes.

Agent White
I'm not a believer of the supernatural such as ghosts, poltergeists, etc. since I'm too much of a realist.

However, I too have experienced sleep paralysis. It's really weird and quite creepy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.