Gai vs Gaara

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bada's Palin
Aaaand it's on.

yungz22
Gaican do everything lee can do but better he wold win against garra

Terryc250
Kazekage Gaara would win

yungz22
Originally posted by Terryc250
Kazekage Gaara would win

doubt it

occultdestroyer
Gai IMO
unless Gaara goes all Shukaku

Terryc250
Obviously Kazekage Gaara would win, with a gesture he had enough power to crush a village if he wanted

http://i38.tinypic.com/14inamc.jpg

His sand was able to instantly protect the sand village from Deidara's huge C4 bomb

http://i33.tinypic.com/5xmmhk.jpg

Kento
Those feats really depend on the area he's in though. Depending on where the fight is the fight can go either way imo.

Terryc250
Well theres going to be dirt/gravel/etc almost anywhere which he can turn into his sand

Bada's Palin
They fight the same place Kimimaro and Gaara fought.

Well theres going to be dirt/gravel/etc almost anywhere which he can turn into his sand

Can he turn it into enough force to crush a village instantly? If not, then it's kind of moot.

yungz22
ok he can only do that in the sand village beacause thats the only place with sufficient amounts of sand to create that result

Terryc250
Again, theres dirt/gravel/etc just about anywhere, there was no sand where he fought kimmimaro but he turned the dirt around him into his sand

And this was GENIN Gaara
http://i38.tinypic.com/330yzrb.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/11sm69g.jpg

Bada's Palin
Calling him Genin Gaara is just plain stupid. Gaara's growth during the time-skip wasn't that big apparently, as he went from around Jounin to Kage-level.

Dark-Jaxx
God, Gaara's shield was NOWHERE near as big as the Sand Village going by the very scan you posted, unless the Sand Village is incredibly small.

Gai wins with his speed and strength. Morning Peacock ftw.

Terryc250
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Calling him Genin Gaara is just plain stupid. Gaara's growth during the time-skip wasn't that big apparently, as he went from around Jounin to Kage-level.

.... What? Since when was Gaara stated a Jounin?

Gaara isn't going to stand there , doing absoluately nothing while Gai opens up his gates like he did against Lee.

Dark-Jaxx
.... What? Since when was Gaara stated a Jounin?

Gaara isn't going to stand there , doing absoluately nothing while Gai opens up his gates like he did against Lee. 1. He was Jonin level, quite clearly.

2. Gai is so much ridiculously faster he can easily tag Gaara multiple times without ever being hit...And only the Third Gate takes some time to open, I doubt he would need more than the First, or even one at all. And he can pretty handily knock Gaara down or back then use the other Gates.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by psycho gundam
gai's faster than lee is and stronger AND can use ninjutsu... namely substitutions and shadow clones.no expression

(imo, a shadow clone made during several gates being open means a clone with the same shared chackra as normal gai.)

Terryc250
When Gaara was a Genin? No. Gai would rapestomp Gaara back then, he even said (in the hospitcal during the chuunin exams) Gai said something along the lines of "You should wait until the actual exams, or would you like me to finish you right now" and Gaara had no reply. And he slapped his sand away like nothing when he was going to kill Lee, also Kakashi didn't even care that Gaara was watching Sasuke and Kakashi training, probably because he knew Gaara was no threat to him.

But Kazekage is on a whole different level he can basically just fly up in the air like in the picture and just re-arrange the entire geographic landscape until Gai is crushed.

Wil7
Gaara wins in more time than the lee fight, but just as easy.

yungz22
Again, theres dirt/gravel/etc just about anywhere, there was no sand where he fought kimmimaro but he turned the dirt around him into his sand

And this was GENIN Gaara
http://i38.tinypic.com/330yzrb.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/11sm69g.jpg

this wasnt as big as when he was in the sand village. gai would destroy garra because he is much faster and easily 1 of the 2 strongest jonin in the leaf next 2 kakashi

psycho gundam
if gai is twice as fast as lee is and uses the same attacks lee did (no ninjutsu, just taijutsu) he would definitely land the killing blow.

lee was learning the capabilities of gaara during the fight, gai knows better and is lee's superior after all, he taught him everything he knows.

big juggy man
Cute feats until you realilze Kimimaro still beat him isn't it? Gai is faster stronger and more durable than Kimi and that is before he opens any gates. Gaara's sand couldnt keep up with Rock Lee and it wont be able to keep up with Gai either.

Wil7
Lee couldn't even put a scratch on Gaara, as he walked away without breaking a sweat. The same thing happens here.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Wil7
Lee couldn't even put a scratch on Gaara, as he walked away without breaking a sweat. The same thing happens here. I seem to recall Gaara panting like a fatass who just had to run a mile in track and not even able to get up at first after his fight with Lee.

And Gai is stronger and faster than Lee is.

Morning Peacock owns.

ultimatethor
I say kazekage gaara wins. If they start a reasonable distance from each other then there no way gai can win. Gaara can just fly up into the air on his sand ball, and sand fill the entire landscape. Theres no dodging that. Then he does desert funeral and the fights over.

Terryc250
Originally posted by yungz22
this wasnt as big as when he was in the sand village. gai would destroy garra because he is much faster and easily 1 of the 2 strongest jonin in the leaf next 2 kakashi

I never said it was

But KazeKage Gaara's sand could be as big as the sand village.

Genin Gaara would lose, Kazekage Gaara would win.

Gai had to open up his gates to take on a 30% Kisame, Kazekage Gaara could have easily dispatched of Deidara if he did not use that cheap village trick. Nor would Gaara just stand there and let Gai open up his gates, he can literally re-arrange geographical landscape over Gai

psycho gundam
Originally posted by ultimatethor
I say kazekage gaara wins. If they start a reasonable distance from each other then there no way gai can win. Gaara can just fly up into the air on his sand ball, and sand fill the entire landscape. Theres no dodging that. Then he does desert funeral and the fights over. ... but then he finds out that it was only a log he crushed and the real gai is standing on top of the sand-defense ball opening his gates. garra is shocked and caught off guard as gai is hammering him and the ball into dust with the morning peacock.

Terryc250
You actually think Gaara is just going to stand there doing nothing while Gai takes his time to open up his gates? Look at how long it takes him, opening all of those gates. Gaara would have the entire landscape ontop of Gai crushing him by then.

b38tV1eXtnQ

ultimatethor
... but then he finds out that it was only a log he crushed and the real gai is standing on top of the sand-defense ball opening his gates. garra is shocked and caught off guard as gai is hammering him and the ball into dust with the morning peacock.

Gai cannot fly so he wont be able to reach gaara if he is floating high in the air. He needs to fight on the ground and unfortunately that will spell the end for him. Desert funeral puts him away.

yungz22
gai punched a dude through a wall was like im not just fast im strong.

Terryc250
And? Kazekage Gaara could've taken out the entire colleseum with a gesture.

yungz22
And? Kazekage Gaara could've taken out the entire colleseum with a gesture.

my point was he would be able to get through garra's sand. if lee could do it he can.

Terryc250
I'm talking KAZEKAGE Gaara, not Genin Gaara. Lee wouldn't stand a chance in his wildest dreams

NonSensi-Klown
If they start at a distance where Gaara can get any sort of altitude, or he can form up the sand sphere around him, Gai loses.

Speed blitz is his only chance. If Gai doesn't win in the first few seconds he doesn't win at all.

And it's funny that people keep pointing to the Gaara vs. Lee fight, forgetting the fact that Gaara is multiple times stronger and has more and better abilities.

As for gai > Kimmimaro. There's no proof of that. Only thing I'd say he has over him is speed.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by yungz22
my point was he would be able to get through garra's sand. if lee could do it he can.

Lee was able to hit gaara before his sand could defend against him cuz of his speed, he never broke through gaaras sand shield itself.

psycho gundam
You actually think Gaara is just going to stand there doing nothing while Gai takes his time to open up his gates? Look at how long it takes him, opening all of those gates. Gaara would have the entire landscape ontop of Gai crushing him by then.

b38tV1eXtnQ umm, didn't lee open up the gates when they fought?

imo, the power gaara gained over the time-skip is comparable to the speed/strength distance between maito gai and rock lee. kinda evens it out.

NonSensi-Klown
Lee did open the gates. And Gaara stood there and let it happen. It took Lee about thirty+ seconds to open them.

It's PIS. In a world where people move faster than the eye can follow things happen in the blink of an eye, anyone being to do such a move is blatant PIS.

psycho gundam
but...and this means a lot, gaara isn't all crazy now, he won't kill gai.

and gai opened his gates against the kisame clone pretty quickly, plus he opened more of them.

Terryc250
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Lee did open the gates. And Gaara stood there and let it happen. It took Lee about thirty+ seconds to open them.

It's PIS. In a world where people move faster than the eye can follow things happen in the blink of an eye, anyone being to do such a move is blatant PIS.

That could be justified with Gaara wondering wtf he's doing, Kazekage Gaara with more knowledge and first hand experience isn't going to stand there doing nothing when he clearly knows Gai is opening up his gates.

razor4life
I personally don't thin Gai would even need to open any gates to beat Gaara. If he had to and he opens some up then the amount of speed and power output is way too much for Gaara to keep up and deal with.

Wil7
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I seem to recall Gaara panting like a fatass who just had to run a mile in track and not even able to get up at first after his fight with Lee.

And Gai is stronger and faster than Lee is.

Morning Peacock owns.

As you see Gaara walk away from the fifth gate without a scratch and not panting or anything. He didn't even break a sweat against lee. He can also use the gourd to cushan his fall. Gaara wins.

k1Lla441
As you see Gaara walk away from the fifth gate without a scratch and not panting or anything. He didn't even break a sweat against lee. He can also use the gourd to cushan his fall. Gaara wins.

Walk away?? you mean more like limping. he barely beat lee, only because lee barely ran out of chakra. gaara against guy, guy would dominate.

Bada's Palin

Oh yeah, it's not like he was scared out of his mind.

Terryc250

Originally posted by k1Lla441
Walk away?? you mean more like limping. he barely beat lee, only because lee barely ran out of chakra. gaara against guy, guy would dominate.

Why do you people think we're talking about Genin Gaara? Thats obviously spite

We're talking about KAZEKAGE Gaara

Dark-Jaxx
Gai didn't take 30 seconds to open his Gates...Wtf.

Terryc250
b38tV1eXtnQ

Took him that long to open all the gates.

Blax said Lee took 30+ seconds to open his gates

Dark-Jaxx
Let us also ignore the fact that while opening said Gates, Gai had a shield forming around him, pushing those Water Sharks away easily, and Gaara would not be able to touch him while Gai is doing it. erm

Terryc250
Pushing the water sharks away doesnt mean he'll beable to push away this amount of sand.

Dark-Jaxx
Let us also ignore the fact that Gai can easily outrun Gaara or his sand, open the Gates out of Gaara's sight and range, and then use it...

yungz22
Pushing the water sharks away doesnt mean he'll beable to push away this amount of sand.

garra cant create that effect everywhere in the picture deidara clearly says he has the advantage in that terrain.

Terryc250
Actually he stated that he can create dirt/rock/minerals etc into his own sand.

Dark-Jaxx
And he can do all this instantly and effortlessly while pwning Gai with t3h haxx sand, and while finding Gai in his hiding place while he's going 6 Gate?

I did not realise Gaara was Flash.

Wil7
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Oh yeah, it's not like he was scared out of his mind.

Did I say he wasn't scared shitless? NO!! Point out one scratch that Gaara has. Go to the bottom.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/86/16/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/87/01/

k1Lla441
Did I say he wasn't scared shitless? NO!! Point out one scratch that Gaara has. Go to the bottom.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/86/16/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/87/01/
That proves nothing. he was panting, scared out of his mind, low on chakra, and punched in the stomach LOT of times. Face it, that was not an easy match to win, Guy would kill gaara way to fast.

Wil7
Originally posted by k1Lla441
That proves nothing. he was panting, scared out of his mind, low on chakra, and punched in the stomach LOT of times. Face it, that was not an easy match to win, Guy would kill gaara way to fast.

Your talking about genin gaara who walked away from the 5th gate without even breathing heavy. Wow, he was punched in the stomach alot, let me punch you in the stomach and tell me how it feels. When did Gaara say he was low on chakra. True, that the sand armor does take alot of chakra, but the 5th gate only did damage to the sand armor. This is the 5th kazekage gaara, who's armor held up against explosions from Deidara. Gai struggled with Kisame. All Gaara needs to do is sand coffin and because kisame is slow, he get's stuck in sand coffin and gets crushed. Gaara uses sand tsunomi, and gets gai stuck under the sand, DEEP under the sand. The gates won't help Gai in this position probably because sand is dencer than water.

yungz22
Your talking about genin gaara who walked away from the 5th gate without even breathing heavy. Wow, he was punched in the stomach alot, let me punch you in the stomach and tell me how it feels. When did Gaara say he was low on chakra. True, that the sand armor does take alot of chakra, but the 5th gate only did damage to the sand armor. This is the 5th kazekage gaara, who's armor held up against explosions from Deidara. Gai struggled with Kisame. All Gaara needs to do is sand coffin and because kisame is slow, he get's stuck in sand coffin and gets crushed. Gaara uses sand tsunomi, and gets gai stuck under the sand, DEEP under the sand. The gates won't help Gai in this position probably because sand is dencer than water.

your saying it like kisame is weak garra wouldnt be able to beat kisame that fast if he can beat him at all

psycho gundam
wow, kisame is one of the most powerful shinobi in the series.
@ 30% chackra, kisame's clone had the same chackra signature as partially transformed naruto.

kisame > garra, even in sunagakure. not sure if gaara can perform sand manipulations when the battlefield is flooded like a lake.

Wil7
wow, kisame is one of the most powerful shinobi in the series.
@ 30% chackra, kisame's clone had the same chackra signature as partially transformed naruto.

kisame > garra, even in sunagakure. not sure if gaara can perform sand manipulations when the battlefield is flooded like a lake.

1. If Gai gets stuck under the sand, Gai might not be able to get out because of the density of the sand. Gaara can harden it while he is under the sand, so Gai can never get out.

2. Kisame doesn't have the fighting style that Deidara has to beat him. Plus, Kisame is too slow to get away from sand coffin. If he gets stuck in there, there is no way he will get out of there. All of Kisame's water attacks will be blocked by Gaara's sand. Garra's sand>>>Kisame's water. Kisame is good, yes, but he isn't better than Gaara. And if Kisame floods the area, Gaara still has the sand in his gourd, and he would just get the sand out of the water and then use it.

Terryc250
Gaara could've beat Deidara quite easily, he would've beat 30% Kisame quite easily as well, Gai had to open all those gates just to beat 30% Kisame.

In his fight with Kimmimaro he was attacking Kimmimaro while the area was already turning into his sand, so yeah he does it effortlessly and in basically very little time, and this is just genin gaara, kazekage gaara could probably do it alot more impressively.

http://i38.tinypic.com/30m0ci9.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2dmgr40.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2v0hiq1.jpg

Dark-Jaxx
Sand is broken apart and turned to mud by water. no expression

And Kisame slow? When did this happen? Kisame is VERY fast, and combined with his strength, Gaara will not take him easily, hell, won't take him at all.

Terryc250
Kisame is limited to how much water he can produce because he only has 30% of his chakra, Gaara basically has infinite sand and can use some of the sand to absorb the water, and still have tons of sand left or create new sand.

Wil7
Gaara not being able to take kisame is a joke. Sand tsunomi and it is over. Dare him to get out of that.

Terryc250
Gaara wouldn't beable to take on Kisame without his 30% chakra limit, i don't think Gaara can take on any akatsuki members at full power except Hidan

leonheartmm
gaara prolly wins. but gaara against kisame? naaaah, kisame wud prolly kick his ass badly.

King Kandy
After the lotus, Gaara was not unharmed as you said he was:

http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000086/06.jpg

Jugglenaut
Gaara not being able to take kisame is a joke. Sand tsunomi and it is over. Dare him to get out of that.
Turn the whole area into a lake. Dare his sand - oh wait, mud now to even get to the surface of the water.
Sand Coffin? Samehada absorbs all the chakra from the sand.

yungz22
Kisame is limited to how much water he can produce because he only has 30% of his chakra, Gaara basically has infinite sand and can use some of the sand to absorb the water, and still have tons of sand left or create new sand.

NO that clone had 30% of his chakra kisame still has all his chakra and based on what you just said he would be able to create more

Terryc250
Huh? Yes i'm talking about Gaara vs That Kisame Clone, the one that Gai defeated.

Gaara would defeat that clone as well, but 100% Kisame would beat Gaara badly.

Wil7
Originally posted by Jugglenaut
Turn the whole area into a lake. Dare his sand - oh wait, mud now to even get to the surface of the water.
Sand Coffin? Samehada absorbs all the chakra from the sand.

Kisame can only produce so much water at once. Do you know how much sand Gaara can bend? An infinite amount.

Samehada absorbs tha chakra. WHOOPIE!! Sand Coffin can still be used. He doesn't need the chakra in the sand.

yungz22
Kisame can only produce so much water at once. Do you know how much sand Gaara can bend? An infinite amount.

Samehada absorbs tha chakra. WHOOPIE!! Sand Coffin can still be used. He doesn't need the chakra in the sand.

no matter how much sasnd you produce you still have wet sand. and how do you know that there is a limit to kisame's water lake jutsu(that's what i call it) prove it

Dark-Jaxx

Samehada absorbs tha chakra. WHOOPIE!! Sand Coffin can still be used. He doesn't need the chakra in the sand. 1. I loled.

2. Actually, yeah, he does. He controls the sand by extending his chakra through it.

Wil7
1. I loled.

2. Actually, yeah, he does. He controls the sand by extending his chakra through it.

1. What

2. Actually no he doesn't, he is able to bend sand. So you are saying that the sand tsunomi he used on Kimimaro is chakra sand?

no matter how much sasnd you produce you still have wet sand. and how do you know that there is a limit to kisame's water lake jutsu(that's what i call it) prove it

If Kisame had an infinite amount of water to produce, he would have drowned Gai, Neji, Lee, and Tenten.

Dark-Jaxx
1. What

2. Actually no he doesn't, he is able to bend sand. So you are saying that the sand tsunomi he used on Kimimaro is chakra sand? 1. You said Gaara can control an infinite amount of sand. That was funny.

2. Yeah, I am actually. That is how he bends sand, he uses his chakra to exert control over it, hence the Gourd, it is contantly linked to his chakra, so it is easier to control.

Wil7
1. You said Gaara can control an infinite amount of sand. That was funny.

2. Yeah, I am actually. That is how he bends sand, he uses his chakra to exert control over it, hence the Gourd, it is contantly linked to his chakra, so it is easier to control.

No, its not funny. That is his ability, to bend sand, even without Shukaku. Look how much sand he used against Deidara, and Kimimaro, imagine if he had more.

Yes, some of it is true. So are you saying all the sand he used against Deidara was sand from his gourd. Please, don't say yes, because it isn't true. And he doesn't have enough time to get chakra into tons of sand.

k1Lla441
No, its not funny. That is his ability, to bend sand, even without Shukaku. Look how much sand he used against Deidara, and Kimimaro, imagine if he had more.

Yes, some of it is true. So are you saying all the sand he used against Deidara was sand from his gourd. Please, don't say yes, because it isn't true. And he doesn't have enough time to get chakra into tons of sand.

so, by what your saying, gaara has unlimited sand, it takes no chakra to use it what soever, and sand tsunami can kill kisame? then why doesnt he just take over the whole world and have everyone be his slaves and bow down to his feet? BECAUSE ALL THE CRAP YOU SAID IS BS. it takes chakra to control the sand, he is limited to the sand in his gourd and the sand around him, and sand tsunami can never kill kisame, because if kisame fought gaara he wouldnt even have enough time to use it before kisame kills him. your just plain crazy, its not even funny.

leonheartmm
one thing is true, he PUSHES and moves the sand with his chakra, which is pretty bad for samehada which can eat chakra, so all you have left is falling sand. kisame is prolly much superior to gaara.

Dark-Jaxx

Yes, some of it is true. So are you saying all the sand he used against Deidara was sand from his gourd. Please, don't say yes, because it isn't true. And he doesn't have enough time to get chakra into tons of sand. 1. So we assume he can control an ifinite amount of it? Lol.

2. No, I am saying that he can exert his chakra through the sand and control it. Yeah, he does have enough time to do it apparently, since, you know, he has done it.

Wil7
1. So we assume he can control an ifinite amount of it? Lol.

2. No, I am saying that he can exert his chakra through the sand and control it. Yeah, he does have enough time to do it apparently, since, you know, he has done it.

Prove me wrong. Show where he says he can't control an infinite amount.

Yeah, he didn't have enough time to do it against Kimimaro or Deidara. He didn't say there is chakra in there.

yungz22
1. What

2. Actually no he doesn't, he is able to bend sand. So you are saying that the sand tsunomi he used on Kimimaro is chakra sand?

If Kisame had an infinite amount of water to produce, he would have drowned Gai, Neji, Lee, and Tenten.

you shouldnt even be debating about this if you didnt know garra controls sand with his chakra. IT'S GENERAL KNOWLEDGE.

WATCH KIMMIMARO VS GARRA THEY SAY IT

the sand in garra's gourd has his chakra then he mixes his sand with the sand in the area allowing him to control it.

psycho gundam
^ right. gaara's trademark gourd with it's sand content is soaked in chackra and the blood of his victims, it's also the absolute defense sand since it moves very fast and without mental command for defense purposes.

however, gaara can and has expanded the amount of sand he can manipulate by combining his sand with local sand and/or using his personal sand to crush stones to create more sand. new sand moves far slower than his blood sand though.

braveheart
gai would win even lee would hav won but he tried 2 showoff and open gates

Dark-Jaxx
Prove me wrong. Show where he says he can't control an infinite amount.

Yeah, he didn't have enough time to do it against Kimimaro or Deidara. He didn't say there is chakra in there. 1. I don't have to "prove you wrong", I can't prove a negative. How's about you prove you own claims jack?

God, noobs are funny. laughing out loud

And apparently you know so much more about Naruto than all of us? roll eyes (sarcastic)

2. But he did, since he did do it. He uses his own chakra infused sand in his gourd most of the time, but combines his sand with other sand to spread his chakra through it, but this makes it slower and less effective.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
1. I don't have to "prove you wrong", I can't prove a negative. How's about you prove you own claims jack?

God, noobs are funny. laughing out loud

And apparently you know so much more about Naruto than all of us? roll eyes (sarcastic)

2. But he did, since he did do it. He uses his own chakra infused sand in his gourd most of the time, but combines his sand with other sand to spread his chakra through it, but this makes it slower and less effective.

Looks like nobody could reply to this.

niduin
my first thoughts are gaara, but then if its a fight hat guy would do absolutely anything to win then i say he would win, since he can open all the gates

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.