Meteor Comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Markus Corvinus
I'm working on creating my very own comic book company under the name of Meteor Comics. I have many ideas, so any fellow comic book fans who may be interested, any comments or questions are more than welcome. smile

Now, I'm currently working on a new story involving Dracula, in which he'll become a sort of super vampire. Now, it's common knowledge that Dracula was inspired by Vlad the Impaler III, right? Well, this version of the character is actually the direct son of him, and was born months after Vlad's demise. Dracula (once known as Vlad Valerious) was killed when he was 23 by fed up villagers, and again about three decades after he was brought back as a vampire, but everyone finds out who finished him off the second time MUCH later on. The Devil, being fed up with him, gives him one last chance and he is given more power, in turn becoming a super vampire that he impervious to the natural ways of killing a vampire. He'll pretty much be close to 400 years, and after I've established his story a little, I'll move on to modern day which will involve the hero Abraham Van Gough who is a monster hunter, and he is sent to Transylvania to kill Dracula, but will discover a lot about himself. Upon being in Transylvania he will fight many monsters including werewolves, and hopefully some completely new creatures not previously seen in mythology. Before going to Transylvania, I may even add in him fighting Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde as well as possibly Frankenstein and others, so that I don't rush him going to Transylvania. I plan to break down his character, and then gradually build him up. Expect for him to encounter a heroine, and for him to have his own little sidekick that helps him out. I am particularly excited about this story, and I just came up with all of this in the course of a few hours, so I'm adding on the meat to the bread, so to speak.

There will be another story involving werewolves fighting against vampires. Basically, what I'm going to do is start the story off at the very beginning of everything, and detail the main events of the war, and then go to present day. Present day involves telling the story from the point of view of a werewolf, who is trying to kill as many vampires as possible, but all the while doing this, falls in love with a vampire girl, and begins to learn a bit of truth behind both races. I haven't worked on this story a hell of a lot, I've more or less been working on the main characters first, so all of the important parts of the story that are in the sort of middle will soon be added, but even when that happens, I'll be far from being finished.

I have tons of ideas, so anyone interested, do post.

DigiMark007
Sounds like you have some decent ideas, although I'd say that none of them are in a story-form but are very much works in progress. Problem is, anyone who has ever read a comic has ideas. That isn't what starts a successful company. A sound business model, potential investors, and committed distribution area is what makes a successful company. If all you have are pitches for vampire tales, you're in some trouble.

Not trying to sound harsh, just truthful. And if it's just going to be you writing, drawing, and coloring the books yourself, and that's what constitutes you plan, then cool. It won't be a business, but could be a fun and rewarding hobby.

Magic_attack
Good luck with your ideas. smile

Markus Corvinus
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Sounds like you have some decent ideas, although I'd say that none of them are in a story-form but are very much works in progress. Problem is, anyone who has ever read a comic has ideas. That isn't what starts a successful company. A sound business model, potential investors, and committed distribution area is what makes a successful company. If all you have are pitches for vampire tales, you're in some trouble.

Not trying to sound harsh, just truthful. And if it's just going to be you writing, drawing, and coloring the books yourself, and that's what constitutes you plan, then cool. It won't be a business, but could be a fun and rewarding hobby.

I understand, and there's a lot for me to learn, but I know what goes into an idea. As I said, I just came up with this idea, and I'm trying to work on it. I usually write a comic script of sorts, and then I analyze it, add on to what I already have to make it longer, or change necessary dialogue. My business may possibly start out small, but I know that I at least want to get the word out for it first. My sis, who is very intelligent, says she wants to draw it for me, but knowing her, that could be never. laughing out loud In all seriousness, I think she could help with the publishing and all, so I hope I can get it out soon. If you have anymore advice (especially regarding how to get it in stores and the like), do tell me, I look forward to hearing any advice anyone has, I'm trying to learn as much as I possibly can, and simply won't turn down any advice.

And Magic_attack, thanks for the good luck wish, it's well appreciated.

Markus Corvinus
I have concept art for a beast that someone drew for me, but I don't think I'll use it for the idea it was intended to be for. The guy kind of largely deviated from what I had planned. I'll post it a little later.

Markus Corvinus
I got a new thought to work on a story involving Frankenstein, but I'm not entirely sure how I want to approach it. Misunderstood versions have been done already by greats like Boris Karloff and Shuler Hensley, so I may stray and go into another path involving the monster being evil. I know that he'll be quite on the monstrous side, and I am definitely going to try to come up with the most badass design possible.

Any comments or suggestions are, as always, more than welcome.

jalek moye
well i'm working on getting into the comic book industry myself but just as an artist i'm currently working on a graphic novel scipt and a pretty talented artist that will be working on the art. So if this actaully gets somewhere maybe you'll have one of us work on a a comic series for you one day.

Markus Corvinus
I want to work on everything and get to a point where I don't have to really have to work as much as I am now.

jalek moye
well trying to start your own company is hard work the hardest part. and trying become a writer or artist is hard enough. but a company you gonnahave to work hard on getting it out there and talkign to the right people etc, and its gonna cost lots of cash.

Markus Corvinus
I want to work on stories to a certain part, and if my company gets big enough, bring in other upcoming writers who can put their own spin on it. I'm not too worried about the business part now, I just want to write my stories and have them worked out, and then worry about the business part probably a few years from now. I'm also trying to get the word out.

jalek moye
well in that case shouldnt you want to write for current comic companies to get your foot in the door

Markus Corvinus
I'm too young, I'm only 14. I actually don't want to work for any other company, only my own. I do plan to do a lot of other things in addition to comics. Hopefully, if I can succeed at everything I plan on doing, I'll get more notoriety, and so will my company.

jalek moye
well then i hope that plans sticks, since most plans at that age get forgotten for more obbtainable thigns

Markus Corvinus
It will, I've been writing and planning for this company since I was around 10 or 11. The name came to me real soon after I started writing heroes, and boy was I ripping off heroes like no tomorrow. Anyway, through all else, writing is ultimately what I want to do. Other plans may change, but this is one that may not.

Markus Corvinus
I also have this one idea that literally has me pumped because I have everything in my mind on who it'll go, in addition to some notes, of course. It's about a group of Gods, who choose a particular warrior to go on a journey which will gain him the power he needs to defeat one of their own who has become power hungry. Odin, the leader of the Gods, doesn't want to wage war between the Gods, so he picks out the warrior. This won't be like Gree Mythology, per se, because I kind of wanted to create my own feel, but one name is from Greek Mythology which is Bia, who is the power hungry God. I also wanted to use the name Odin, but he won't be exactly like what you've seen with Odin so far. He's fair, loves humanity, and keeps a firm watch over us so that we're always safe, so to speak. Well, there is a lot that happens in this story, but I plan for it to only be a mini-series.

For the main character, Marcus, he'll get some magic from each of the Gods, and also gain extra power along the way. What he does is channels this power into a totally new form, which is more powerful than his base form. He'll have white skin with green highlights and green hair, and white eyes with light blue highlighted around the edge of the eyes. Pretty much, his body is bodybuilder like and linebacker like, and he's not just a lumbering beast, he maintains his intelligence, and can transform whenever he pleases.

Markus Corvinus
Can anyone at all lend me some sites talking about how the publishing process goes?

Markus Corvinus
Okay, I haven't worked out the exact details, but for the Gods story involving Marcus, something will happen to the character that causes him to die quite a while after he becomes a God, and a higher power, rather than simply allowing him to die, allows him to be reincarnated, which takes this universe into a more modern world. I'm not exactly sure where I'll go with the more modern universe, but it'll be totally different from the era when Gods existed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.