Question: Mace Windu's Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Lucas stated that by ROTJ, Darth Vader is 80% of Emperor Palpatine.

How much do you think Mace Windu is % wise of Yoda?

This has nothing to do with swordsmanship. I'm talking about Force power.

Enyalus
Probably...70%? Somewhere around there.

Darth Martin
Really thought it would be higher. Anyone else?

Darth_Glentract
99%

Red Nemesis
1175.78896%

Obviously. Yoda's lightsaber was the same color as his skin, but Mace was strong enough to make a different colored lightsaber.

Faunus
.04 * Yoda = Mace.

Captain REX
To give you a straight answer, nobody knows. George Lucas never made that comparison.

BOOG
i couldve swore i read lucas say when he was replying to ppls email that mace was equal to yoda hmmm i wish i could find that sight if i do ill post it

Lord Knightfa11
and that was vader=80% of palpatine at the time of the pt. this equasion might not have been true at the time of rots.

jaden101
i dont know why people keep talking of force power and sabre skills as separate things...Windu essentially invented modern vaapad and was the only one to master it without falling to the dark side...this would take a massive mastery of the force to achieve...he lost his sabre and took on hundreds of droids using only his bare hands and his force powers...he is one of the few jedi who can use aspects of the force that flirt dangerously close to the dark side without even wavering...such as shatterpoint and force crush

all this and he lived 800 years less than yoda did...so while at the time of his death he may not have been yoda's equal in terms of overall force power...i'd say he mastered things other jedi didn't or couldn't...and if he had 800 more years to achieve greater power than i'd say he'd have far excelled beyond yoda's ability

truejedi
when does lucas reply to people's email? the only sight i know about that supposedly happening is supershadow.....

Red Nemesis
Supershadow... erm
Is.
Not.
Real.

truejedi
obviously i know that nemesis... that was my point.... if boog got his idea that lucas said that from that site, then.... you follow?

jaden101
question...do posts in here get actively deleted

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by truejedi
obviously i know that nemesis... that was my point.... if boog got his idea that lucas said that from that site, then.... you follow?

I wasn't responding to you.

The only place he would've found 'GL responding to EMAIL' would be SS.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by jaden101
i dont know why people keep talking of force power and sabre skills as separate things...Windu essentially invented modern vaapad and was the only one to master it without falling to the dark side...this would take a massive mastery of the force to achieve...he lost his sabre and took on hundreds of droids using only his bare hands and his force powers...he is one of the few jedi who can use aspects of the force that flirt dangerously close to the dark side without even wavering...such as shatterpoint and force crush

all this and he lived 800 years less than yoda did...so while at the time of his death he may not have been yoda's equal in terms of overall force power...i'd say he mastered things other jedi didn't or couldn't...and if he had 800 more years to achieve greater power than i'd say he'd have far excelled beyond yoda's ability

the shatterpoint ability doesn't even come close to "flirting with the darkside"

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
the shatterpoint ability doesn't even come close to "flirting with the darkside"

Vapaad does. That's obviously what he meant. Vapaad + Force Crush = Scary Jedi.

jaden101
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182

depends on how it's used...not to mention that most force users capable of using shatterpoint have been aligned to the darkside...Kreia, Darth Caedus, Visas Marr

Mace Windu only really used his ability to see shatterpoints...i dont think he ever acted on the ability...must've been a reason for not doing so...

truejedi
Luke Skywalker.

Red Nemesis
depends on how it's used...not to mention that most force users capable of using shatterpoint have been aligned to the darkside...Kreia, Darth Caedus, Visas Marr
Fallacy of Composition
The individual alignments of users has little to do with the technique itself. Many of the users of TK have been dark side- Vader, Marek, Dooku, Sidious- but that doesn't mean that it is a DS power.

Mace Windu only really used his ability to see shatterpoints...i dont think he ever acted on the ability...must've been a reason for not doing so...

In fights he definitely uses that ability. He could see exactly where to attack giant tanks on Harrun Kal. He acts on it when it is his own best interests, or those of the Republic. There is nothing to suggest that he actively avoided using the technique.

jaden101
Originally posted by Red Nemesis

In fights he definitely uses that ability. He could see exactly where to attack giant tanks on Harrun Kal. He acts on it when it is his own best interests, or those of the Republic. There is nothing to suggest that he actively avoided using the technique.

he saw the shatterpoint on geonosis in regards to Dooku (not in how to defeat him but in that killing him then would've ended the clone wars...he did not act)...couldn't really be more in the best interests of the republic

his shatterpoint is also described as one of the darker elements of his character

the very ability to know the weak point of any given being or situation would be a lure to misuse it...and thus a lure to the darkside

but as i've stated before....Windu already has exceptional ability in resisting any temptation from the darkside...hence his mastery of vaapad (something noone else achieved without falling to the darkside)

BOOG
i got a qeustion bout mace????for the book readers did he have a purple saber in the books or is that sumthin they just added for the movies..........

Faunus
It was in the movies first on SLJ's request.

Faunus
depends on how it's used...not to mention that most force users capable of using shatterpoint have been aligned to the darkside...Kreia, Darth Caedus, Visas MarrSince when can Kreia and Visas use it?

And Luke Skywalker and Jaina Solo have it, so it's not at all dark-side oriented. Mace even notes that older Jedi Knights and Masters could use it, but with much more difficulty than he could.

He always acted on it. The one exception was when he hesitated to murder his old friend.

jaden101
Originally posted by Faunus
Since when can Kreia and Visas use it?

And Luke Skywalker and Jaina Solo have it, so it's not at all dark-side oriented. Mace even notes that older Jedi Knights and Masters could use it, but with much more difficulty than he could.

He always acted on it. The one exception was when he hesitated to murder his old friend.

he saw the shatterpoint in allowing Anakin to be close to Palpatine...he never acted

Jaina flirted with the dark side before becoming kyp durron's apprentice

Marr says several lines which hint she has shatterpoint...i never said she used it...i said capable of it

Kreia description of shatterpoints was termed "critical points" and "fractures"..prima facie in KOTORII i believe

Red Nemesis
he saw the shatterpoint in allowing Anakin to be close to Palpatine...he never acted
He saw that it was dangerous. He obviously didn't know why, (because he didn't know that Palpatine is Sidious) so had no grounds to separate the two. Would it really have been possible anyway? The Jedi were unable to prevent Anakin from getting married, would they be able to separate him from a friend?

Jaina flirted with the dark side before becoming kyp durron's apprentice
So because she was tempted by the dark side, a technique that she used years later is inherently dark? I don't see it.

Marr says several lines which hint she has shatterpoint...i never said she used it...i said capable of it
Which lines? The 'Force sight' does not automatically grant shatterpoint- Dooku saw 'through the eyes of the Dark Side' at times but could not see shatterpoints.

Kreia description of shatterpoints was termed "critical points" and "fractures"..prima facie in KOTORII i believe

Kreia may very well have known it, but she is not restricted to only 'dark side' powers. In KotOR terms, it would be a 'universal' power. Again:
Fallacy of Composition

jaden101
i believe they would...he was under orders to be close to palpatine to gather information because of the trust between the 2...as much as he was to protect him

we'll beg to differ in out opinion of shatterpoint though...

JayJohn85
Erm was Mace windu even ever a padawan of yoda's?

Enyalus
Originally posted by JayJohn85
Erm was Mace windu even ever a padawan of yoda's?

No. Mace learned from Yoda when he was a youngling, like all of them do. But he was apprenticed to another master, and I don't think Shatterpoint ever states who master that was.

Regarding my initial opinion of Mace's power (70%), I'm going to change it. Being one of the only two senior Council members (Yoda, Mace), and he was considered Yoda's equal in terms of ability, insight, and command. Not to mention mastering all lightsaber forms and inventing his own, which must have taken massive natural talent.

I'm going to say that Mace should be considered maybe 90-95% of Yoda's power (probably close to 90 than 95). Especially given feats from the CWC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.