Question: Mace Windu's Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Lucas stated that by ROTJ, Darth Vader is 80% of Emperor Palpatine.

How much do you think Mace Windu is % wise of Yoda?

This has nothing to do with swordsmanship. I'm talking about Force power.

jaden101
for a human male he was exceptional in the force...he needed to be in order to master vaapad because of it's draw to the darkside...his power in the force to resist that must've made him close to yoda in force power...not only that he was actually able to master darker elements of the force such as shatterpoint and force crush...both of which teeter close to the darkside...and he managed it without wavering at all from the light side of the force...perhaps if he was to live as long as yoda did then he would have surpassed him in all aspects

Faunus
Why would you double-post this thread?

Darth Martin
It seemed that no one at the time was answering in the other forum so I though it would get more attention here.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by jaden101
for a human male he was exceptional in the force...he needed to be in order to master vaapad because of it's draw to the darkside...his power in the force to resist that must've made him close to yoda in force power...not only that he was actually able to master darker elements of the force such as shatterpoint and force crush...both of which teeter close to the darkside...and he managed it without wavering at all from the light side of the force...perhaps if he was to live as long as yoda did then he would have surpassed him in all aspects Do you have a % of Windu by ROTS if say Yoda were 100%?

jaden101
it's not as simplistic as giving a number though...just as when you read a review of a game you don't merely look at the rating and choose to buy or not from that single number

i would say at the time of his death though...and given the available facts that he is considered number 2 only to yoda...and given that only yoda and 1 other person (Dooku) has even held him to a draw or beat him in sabre combat...i'd say he must be in the high 80% or low 90% of yoda's power...all things considerd...although i would say that in aggresive and attacking force powers he was probably more powerful than yoda (areas such as battlemind, force push)...although was most likely considerably less powerful in more benign and passive force powers such as farsight or force ghost, empathy etc

Darth Martin
So in a force fight Windu would pose a more dangerous threat than Yoda.

I know Yoda>Mace in some areas such as Yoda being able to absorb force lightning with his hands while Mace needs a lightsaber. But unlike anyone else Mace can deflect the lightning with his saber using Vapaad.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Darth Martin
So in a force fight Windu would pose a more dangerous threat than Yoda.

Not true. While Windu is more likely to go on the offensive, Yoda would still pose the greater threat. His vastly superior force reserves and mastery would offset Windu's aggression.

Originally posted by Darth Martin

I know Yoda>Mace in some areas such as Yoda being able to absorb force lightning with his hands while Mace needs a lightsaber. But unlike anyone else Mace can deflect the lightning with his saber using Vapaad.

Mace can channel Lightning back to its source with Vapaad, the lightsaber just protected his body. The 'deflection' was a function of the much vaunted 'superconducting loop' phenomenon. Yoda's defense is in my estimation the greater achievement- he could redirect the lightning: a conscious control over its final target.

DARTH POWER
come on.. Mace even with his lightsaber and vapaad was still deflecting Sidious's lightning with great difficulty, (his own lightsaber being pushed back so far towards his face that he was choking on its ozone) and Mace was screaming while doing this. he also admits to Anakin in the novel that Sidious is Too Powerful for him.

whilst Yoda absorbs and deflects Sidious lightning without a lightsaber, just using his hands.

Yoda is clearly FAR superior to Mace in using the Force.

Id make Mace 70% of Yoda tops (in Force Mastery and Power)

Ultimate Vader
Did anyone play ROTS for PS2? I know the game is non-canon, but I think it's because Samuel L. Jackson ask GL to make a "dramatic" defeat for Windu, instead of Windu owned by Anakin. Just my opinon smile.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Ultimate Vader
Did anyone play ROTS for PS2? I know the game is non-canon, but I think it's because Samuel L. Jackson ask GL to make a "dramatic" defeat for Windu, instead of Windu owned by Anakin. Just my opinon smile.
No, he said he didn't want to go out like some punk, which in ROTS he didn't he got sucker punched by Anakin. If he lost to Anakin who didn't have a single bead of sweat on his head while Mace was exhausted thats going out like a "punk"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.