Eminem Declared Best Rapper Alive!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/hiphopmediatraining/31863/best-rapper-alive-competition-feels-slim-shady/

*taps chest*

Represent!

Yeah Boyeeeeeeee!!!! Word to yo Motha!

Yoshi Paradise
WD, this is the wrong forum for that kind of news. wink

WrathfulDwarf
But this forum has more traffic. sad

stick out tongue

deathbycorn
Eminem is pathetic.

RocasAtoll
F*cking bullshit.

Skydude033
Well, this is definitive proof about how bad the mainstream rap business is. Sorry to hear that, my day has just gown downhill confused

Ax3l
I disagree with these results and demand a recount.

Outbound
Its just a poll in some magazine, its not even done fairly, no one should be losing sleep over it.

MildPossession
I don't enjoy his music but he is a lot better than most in the mainstream hip hop area.

deathbycorn
Dizzee Rascal is better!

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Dizzee Rascal is better!

Hahahahaha, he's not even a rapper by trade.

He's a UK garage MC who decided to try rapping and continued to rap even though he sucks.

I went to school with him, he was never into hip hop until the record company told him to be.

-AC

Bat Dude
Good God...

Eminem is nowhere close to being the best rapper alive...

Alpha Centauri
Let's not ignore that Eminem has one album that could probably go pound-for-pound with a lot of hip hop albums ever.

Currently? No, he's not a candidate. Was he? He was a candidate for one of the best ever, much less alive.

-AC

Icy Ninja
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Let's not ignore that Eminem has one album that could probably go pound-for-pound with a lot of hip hop albums ever.

-AC
What Album of his are you talking about I like most of his stuff but what one do you think is the best

k1Lla441
Hahahahaha, he's not even a rapper by trade.

He's a UK garage MC who decided to try rapping and continued to rap even though he sucks.

I went to school with him, he was never into hip hop until the record company told him to be.

-AC
Wtf does MC stand for? isnt like a free style rapper? i pretty sure i know what it is, but i can never figure out what it stands for, i even asked like pretty much everyone i know.

eminem is a good rapper(lyrics wise, never really liked the sound) but is not even close to the female goddess of rap otep. if you know of her, then you probably agree with me. she is one of the most unique female mc's out there and beats a lot of the guys in skill. But one thing i know she kills in is lyrics.

if you know her, you probably agree with me. if you have hear of her, check out her song " tric" or "battle ready".

Dr. Leg Kick
Master of Ceremony

anyway, Eminem as AC said had 1 great album, and that's where i'll stop.

as for best rapper alive? no.

i'd probably say Pharoahe Monch. Maybe Kool G Rap.

unsure at the moment.

red g jacks
jay-z should have won, but em isn't really that bad of a choice. you have to remember it was voted in by fans

Spidervlad
Eminem IS the best rapper alive.
Give me one more rapper that can come up with such lyrics, give them such a good flow, have a perfect voice to match it, and his songs are actually REAL. He's not like the *** Lil Wayne who raps about how rich he is and shit.

His new album Relapse coming out, we'll see how that is. I liked his new free-verse song too. Lil Wayne is going to fade away like DMX. This year - Eminem's new album dropping, 50 Cent's new album dropping, Dr.Dre's new album dropping.

Alpha Centauri
Pretty much any decent underground MC.

-AC

red g jacks
dre's new album has been dropping for 10 years now

WrathfulDwarf
I still like Run DMC over Eminem....

..and Public Enemy over Eminem....

...and LL Cool J over Eminem...

...and others...

...and others...

...yep.

Markus Corvinus
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Good God...

Eminem is nowhere close to being the best rapper alive...

Actually, he is. I hate how people get caught up in garbage rappers like Soulja Boy and forget how lyrical Em really is. Wayne isn't nearly the best because many are better than him (Pac, Biggie, Mos Def, Jay-Z, and many others). Trust and believe Em is damn deserving of the title.'

I also recommend you guys check out Royce Da 5'9 and Saigon. That's real music, not the bullshit spewed by people like Soulja Boy.

Last note: 2Pac is the G.O.A.T.

Alpha Centauri
2pac is overrated beyond all belief.

Nobody besides The Beatles has been more overrated.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Does it actually matter what this particular person or magazine says?

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Give me one more rapper that can come up with such lyrics, give them such a good flow, have a perfect voice to match it, and his songs are actually REAL.
Cisse Star. Akin. Termanology. Black Thought. Reks. Mr. Green. Killah Priest. Jean Grae. John Robinson. GZA. Phonte. Elzhi.

Funkadelic
Rakim, NaS, Dr. Dre, Jay-Z, Ice Cube or Chuck D shoulda won that shit

Markus Corvinus
Dr. Dre ****ing sucks as a rapper. And 2Pac is the best rapper ever, the only people who say he's overrated are the people who haven't listened to him and know nothing about him.

ScarletSpeed
I like Tupac, but it's true that he is overrated in terms of everyone saying he is the best.

I would say Eminem is close to being the best rapper without a doubt.

If he was black then people would probably say he IS the best, but people can't seem to come to terms with a white man being better at something that is more commonly associated with black men.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
Dr. Dre ****ing sucks as a rapper. And 2Pac is the best rapper ever, the only people who say he's overrated are the people who haven't listened to him and know nothing about him.

What, like me? Someone who owns all his albums and has done from a very young age?

He's The Beatles of hip hop; made good music, but that's it.

-AC

red g jacks
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
I like Tupac, but it's true that he is overrated in terms of everyone saying he is the best.

I would say Eminem is close to being the best rapper without a doubt.

If he was black then people would probably say he IS the best, but people can't seem to come to terms with a white man being better at something that is more commonly associated with black men. i think it was rakim that said if eminem was black, he'd be considered the Ali of rap.

i don't think he's the best to do it, but he's the best white rapper to me, and he's up there with the best black rappers too. just, i think jay-z, andre3000 and black thought are the top three. any order is acceptable. then after that i wouldnt know where to start.

and yea pac is overrated, mostly cause he couldn't put an album together. he has classic songs but when you release a new album every other day the albums are gonna have tons of skippable tracks... something the true classics never have.

only 'me against the world' and 'all eyez on me' are really worth listening to... the rest have a couple good songs with lots of filler in between

Tyranno-Chris
eminem is the greatest! and this statement is coming from a person who knows a hell of a lot more about rap than most people! f**k lil wayne!

Tyranno-Chris

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by Tyranno-Chris
if you dont agree with this, you dont ****ing know shit about rap. eminem got voted best rapper alive because he is. the real people who really know rap, like me, and respect rap, me again, voted for eminem. his lyrics are premium, he can freestyle, he is a legend at that, he can change his flow or the whole tone on the song in a fraction of a second, as mentioned in the article, for most rappers it would be unneeded change, for him it works. he is real, he is good live, if you dont think hes the best, you at least think he is one of the best. if you think wayne should have gotten voted the best, your a ****ing idiot.
It's not rap. It's hip hop first of all. his lyrics haven't shown is real ability for years. All those songs that were listed? Those were from years ago. When he was still respectable. Now? His songs don't measure up to his raw ability. He stopped caring. And once he stopped caring, he lost the chance to be considered great.

Tyranno-Chris
I agree em has slacked off, but I know what he can do, so do you, I bet his next album, Relapse, I think its called, will be raw as hell! Also, does anyone agree with me that lil wayne is not as great as he thinks he is?

RocasAtoll
I agree em has slacked off, but I know what he can do, so do you, I bet his next album, Relapse, I think its called, will be raw as hell! Also, does anyone agree with me that lil wayne is not as great as he thinks he is?
He hasn't just slacked off. He's given up. Relapse will be just like his recent albums. Every once in a while a glimmer of something worthwhile in piles and piles of shit.

red g jacks
whats up with that article comparing em to pac and then big to state he's the best alive, when both those niggas are dead.

last time i checked the top 2 vote was down to em vs jay. let's make that comparison instead.

which of these qualities to you feel jay-z falls short on?

and who the hell is he to decide that biggie lacked content? content is in the eye of the beholder. who's to say gimme the loot doesn't have content? if anything eminem's early shock value based raps followed the biggie smalls school of rap more than anything else. before eminem ever threatened to kill his wife and said his mom was on drugs, biggie was talking about killing himself and robbing pregnant bitches.

Alpha Centauri

If you hired Muhammad Ali as a security guard and he kept falling asleep on the job, leading to your wife being raped and kid being murdered, you wouldn't keep him hired just because he CAN potentially deal with burglars. You'd hire someone who could (Deal with burglars).

My point is; why the f*ck does it matter Eminem CAN do if he ISN'T doing it?

More to the point, why must we sit around assuming he still has the ability to make another album on par with The Slim Shady LP if he isn't doing it?

His next album, or any album he will make, won't be "raw". Fact, just fact. It won't be like his best because the things that made it his best are gone; the hunger, the lack of expectation of fame, the apathy toward what people thought, the general attitude of putting his music before his money.

Him being a broken, unexpectant, self-deprecating, ironically white outcast in a genre dominated by black musicians and the memory of Vanilla Ice is what made him come forth with lyrical ability and an album that couldn't really be denied.

-AC

Tyranno-Chris

His next album, or any album he will make, won't be "raw". Fact, just fact.

-AC

alright, i can say with 100% fact that i know way more about hip hop and eminem than you do, you cant sit there and tell me that you know the outcome of his next album. fact, just fact. obviously he is putting work into this one since he hasnt made one for several years, fact, just fact. someone who gets voted best rapper alive, and several people say best rapper ever, has to have something special. i have never heard something from him i thought was "shit," like the other guy said. your arent a f*cking psychic, so you do not have the right to say that his next album will suck for a fact.

jaden101
hahaha...this is going to be quite funny to watch

Tyranno-Chris
Originally posted by red g jacks
whats up with that article comparing em to pac and then big to state he's the best alive, when both those niggas are dead.

last time i checked the top 2 vote was down to em vs jay. let's make that comparison instead.

which of these qualities to you feel jay-z falls short on?

and who the hell is he to decide that biggie lacked content? content is in the eye of the beholder. who's to say gimme the loot doesn't have content? if anything eminem's early shock value based raps followed the biggie smalls school of rap more than anything else. before eminem ever threatened to kill his wife and said his mom was on drugs, biggie was talking about killing himself and robbing pregnant bitches.

have you heard Jay-z's song renegade? it had eminem on it, even Nas said "eminem killed you on your own shit!"

we all have our little opinions, but apparently eminem was favored the most. and their comparing em to 2 great rappers, biggie and pac, they might be dead, but they sure had what it took to be best rapper alive, assuming they were never killed, they definitely would have been in the running for best rapper alive, with them in it though, im not sure about the outcome. personally i think pac was good, (havent heard biggies songs), but ive always thought em was way better. its my opinion, so you cant say im wrong.

Alpha Centauri
alright, i can say with 100% fact that i know way more about hip hop and eminem than you do, you cant sit there and tell me that you know the outcome of his next album. fact, just fact. obviously he is putting work into this one since he hasnt made one for several years, fact, just fact. someone who gets voted best rapper alive, and several people say best rapper ever, has to have something special. i have never heard something from him i thought was "shit," like the other guy said. your arent a f*cking psychic, so you do not have the right to say that his next album will suck for a fact.

I didn't say it would suck for a fact, I said it wouldn't be "raw" for a fact.

The things that made him raw and edgy are gone. That's not opinion, that's fact. If you still coincidentally like him, then fine, taste is opinion. Fact isn't.

It's not a fact that his new album will suck, but it factually will not be raw.

Now go reply to my post properly or be quiet.

What do you think of George Bush?

-AC

Tyranno-Chris
still, you dont know that it wont be raw. do you know what raw means? in case you dont its another way of say "awesome" or "tight"

red g jacks
have you heard Jay-z's song renegade? it had eminem on it, even Nas said "eminem killed you on your own shit!"

we all have our little opinions, but apparently eminem was favored the most. and their comparing em to 2 great rappers, biggie and pac, they might be dead, but they sure had what it took to be best rapper alive, assuming they were never killed, they definitely would have been in the running for best rapper alive, with them in it though, im not sure about the outcome. personally i think pac was good, (havent heard biggies songs), but ive always thought em was way better. its my opinion, so you cant say im wrong. nas said that in a jay-z diss, directly after jay-z dissed him. they were beefing. in the song takeover jay said nas's body gaurd flowed better than nas, that doesn't mean you're supposed to just accept that as fact.

and yes i've heard the song hundreds of times, and personally i always did think that em's verses on that song were better than jays. at the same time jay's flow was much more complex, his delivery was much more interesting and i could see people thinking that either one of them could've had the better performance.

not to mention that just because em out shined jay-z on one track, which was originally an eminem track featuring royce da 5'9', doesn't mean em is a better rapper. you have to look at their whole catalogs to really judge. that eminem verse on renegade is consistently cited as one of his best. you can't say the same for jay's.. he has much better work than what he spit on that track.

and yea biggie or pac MIGHT'VE been eligable for best rapper alive... HAD THEY STILL BEEN ALIVE. that's sorta an important factor when the word 'alive' is right in the title.

on a side note... no offense but seeing that you havent even listened to biggie... maybe you should go back to and listen to some rap music... cause you're here sayin you know more than people.... maybe you should do some more studying first... biggie is entry level rap music.... it's time to hit the books

Alpha Centauri
still, you dont know that it wont be raw. do you know what raw means? in case you dont its another way of say "awesome" or "tight"

That's not what "Raw" means, it's just a way people use it.

If you think it's gonna be awesome, great.

I don't think he's done anything since The Slim Shady LP that's even come close.

Do you like George Bush?

-AC

Darth Subjekt
This kid is driving me crazy. How can you say you know more about rap and hip hop than people you don't know? I love Em, he's personally one of my favorite emcees, and I'd say maybe one of the best lyricists, but there's other rappers out there who are just as good, and some better. Black Thought, Slug from Atmosphere, Nas, Qwel, Mos Def... Em is, to me, the best commercial rapper and I look forward to his next album cause I'm sick of this wayne bullshit era, but people don't need to get worked up about a magazine article.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
I'm sick of this wayne bullshit era,

Dude. no expression

Quoted for ****ing truth. The man is utterly terrible. Him and Soulja Boy are, imo, what's wrong with main stream hip-hop today.

occultdestroyer
Gucci Man is the best wrapper IMO

Man of Violence
Em is good but he aint the best, far from it.

And Wayne is a beast, but he aint the best either.

Alpha Centauri
The thing is, Lil Wayne was never considered great before he inexplicably became popular.

-AC

NonSensi-Klown
I think that Eminem is the greatest thing that out's there as far as Mainstream goes. Him and Ludacris are my favorite MS rappers.

Kento
I guess this works for me. Since he's one of the only two rappers I can stand.

Tyranno-Chris
Originally posted by Man of Violence
Em is good but he aint the best, far from it.

And Wayne is a beast, but he aint the best either.

sorry, lil wayne sucks.

Tyranno-Chris
How can you say you know more about rap and hip hop than people you don't know?
im saying, i know a shitload about rap.

and do you have a problem with me? because it seems that everything i say in music you have something negative to say about it. "this kid is driving me crazy."

i annoy you? did you think posting that in your message would hurt me or something? seriously, that was unnecessary.

Darth Subjekt
im saying, i know a shitload about rap. You don't really act like it.

and do you have a problem with me? because it seems that everything i say in music you have something negative to say about it. "this kid is driving me crazy." What's your point? I've said two things where you've posted and you equate that to "everytime?" Hmmm...

i annoy you? did you think posting that in your message would hurt me or something? seriously, that was unnecessary. It did something or else you wouldn't have brought it up.

Tyranno-Chris
You don't really act like it.

What's your point? I've said two things where you've posted and you equate that to "everytime?" Hmmm...

It did something or else you wouldn't have brought it up.
A, i know what good rap is.
B, i bet you any money you will continue to post negative comments.
C, im saying its pretty damn pathetic of you to post something like that, it doesnt bother me in the least, im just saying it was very unnecessary.

NonSensi-Klown

B, i bet you any money you will continue to post negative comments.

When you continue to make bad posts you leave wery few alternatives.

Darth Subjekt
You're making negative comments yourself. Get used to it. I'd hate to see you in a battle, "awe man, he's saying negative comments to me. Now i gotta pull out my glock, like i pull out my cock, stick it in ya mouth til you beg me to stop."

See that? That was just me being stupid and it was better than all the verses you typed out.

Nah, I'm just having fun with you. Calm down.

Darth Martin
I'm sick of this wayne bullshit era Agreed.

Eminem is my personal all-time favorite but I don't consider him the best. T.I. is my mainstream fav. Btw when's the new Eminem cd release date?

red g jacks
The thing is, Lil Wayne was never considered great before he inexplicably became popular.

-AC which was somewhere around carter 1.

i have been listening to wayne since cash money had a million rappers on it back in the early 90's. wayne got better. that's why he gets more praise now. he was a teenager back then. if you don't see a difference between Tha Block Is Hot and Tha Carter then i don't really know what to tell you.

he didn't just become 'considered great' out of nowhere for no reason at all after the fall of cash money as a commercial rap powerhouse. he gathered attention because he improved his skills. he's getting more praise then he deserves... but he's by no stretch a bad rapper.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by red g jacks
which was somewhere around carter 1.

i have been listening to wayne since cash money had a million rappers on it back in the early 90's. wayne got better. that's why he gets more praise now. he was a teenager back then. if you don't see a difference between Tha Block Is Hot and Tha Carter then i don't really know what to tell you.

he didn't just become 'considered great' out of nowhere for no reason at all after the fall of cash money as a commercial rap powerhouse. he gathered attention because he improved his skills. he's getting more praise then he deserves... but he's by no stretch a bad rapper.

He garnered attention because someone decided he was credible, just like Eminem, and then all the kids and journalists knew they had to now like him. It ruined Eminem, but there was never anything good about Wayne to ruin.

The man is shit. He always has been and will forever be.

-AC

red g jacks
he already had attention before that. he was a main rapper on cash money for years before he became the solo entity that he is today, he had all that time for someone to randomly 'decide he was credible.' it didn't happen until he changed his style up and became more lyrical. people decided he was credible because he is credible. just like people decided eminem was credible because he was.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, and his newer style is still shit.

Poor lyrics, poor music, poor voice, poor delivery. Everything about him is just...dire. Yet, because he doesn't sound like anyone else, vocally, everyone thinks he's "Unique". When he's just "Shit".

Eminem was credible for that reason, because he was. He changed shit and brought new things to the table.

-AC

red g jacks
i dont see how you can argue his delivery is poor.. he has one of the more interesting deliveries out there at the moment. it sounds lazy at times but that's what works for him and it actually sounds good a lot of the time. his lyrics are nothing special in terms of content but in terms of his rhymes and lyrical style he's interesting to listen to. his voice is his voice.. nothing to be done about that. and his production was better when he had mannie fresh but even now he gets some good beats.. though i thought carter 3 had a lot of weak tracks production wise.

out of curiosity which of his material are you familiar with?

Alpha Centauri
I've heard his The Carter stuff, and the older stuff.

I think everything about his is just horrid.

-AC

JacopeX
That is bullshit. They use brackets.

namorsubby
1.eminem is great

2. eminem is not the best rapper alive

3. NO.......i don't think lil wayne is either.lol

Zoron
Give me one more rapper that can come up with such lyrics, give them such a good flow, have a perfect voice to match it, and his songs are actually REAL. He's not like the *** Lil Wayne who raps about how rich he is and shit.

His new album Relapse coming out, we'll see how that is. I liked his new free-verse song too. Lil Wayne is going to fade away like DMX. This year - Eminem's new album dropping, 50 Cent's new album dropping, Dr.Dre's new album dropping. sick canibus kills em lyrically thats who, & dmx was the shit don't compare him to retards like lil wayne dre might have a good album 50 cent just sucks always has always will and dmx has two new albums coming out in mrach of 09

Zoron
2pac is overrated beyond all belief.

Nobody besides The Beatles has been more overrated.

-AC yes

Zoron
Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
Dr. Dre ****ing sucks as a rapper. And 2Pac is the best rapper ever, the only people who say he's overrated are the people who haven't listened to him and know nothing about him. wrong! I have most of pac's albums but still he is overatted to the fullest people act like just because he was such a big influence and he was a poet that he is the best. Yeah ok in that aspect he is but lyrically, as an mc hell no people like Big L , big pun, canibus, em, virtuoso, saafir, rakim are better in that aspect actually thier more interesting and creative than pac if u ask me

Zoron

we all have our little opinions, but apparently eminem was favored the most. and their comparing em to 2 great rappers, biggie and pac, they might be dead, but they sure had what it took to be best rapper alive, assuming they were never killed, they definitely would have been in the running for best rapper alive, with them in it though, im not sure about the outcome. personally i think pac was good, (havent heard biggies songs), but ive always thought em was way better. its my opinion, so you cant say im wrong. laughing laughing laughing listen man em is a top lyricist no doubt however( he murdered jay-z on his own shit) wow guess how many underground mcs would tear jigga out the frame just as good or better tham em could and thats where canibus come in. Now don't give me that he has wack beats or the LL Fool Gay crap above all that lyrically canibus owns em em outshined jigga LOL guess who canibus has outshined redman, method man, ll cool j, the lost boyz, the lox, vintage cam'ron, nas, az, nature, ras kass, heltah skeltah, common, big pun, pharoah monch, dmx, rakim, killah priest, kurupt, keith murray, vinne paz, onyx, most of the wu members, shit the list goes on I wanna see em outshine all those mcs I just named now if u really knew your hip hop you would know who these guys are hmmm! beer

jinXed by JaNx
That song, Crack a Bottle is more club garbage. I hope the rest of this album isn't just another party cd like his last one. I also have to say that 50 gave the laziest performance in that song.

Naija boy
Eminem best rapper alive? Not even in his dreams. Nas, Jay, Rakim, G-rap are all superior

Mindset
Originally posted by Zoron
sick canibus kills em lyrically thats who, & dmx was the shit don't compare him to retards like lil wayne dre might have a good album 50 cent just sucks always has always will and dmx has two new albums coming out in mrach of 09 50 didn't always suck, GRODT and his albums before that didn't suck.

redlake
I rate Eminem and respect him Best rapper alive nope. Jay-z Nas Talib Kweli, Mad Skillz, Chino XL, Bishop Lamont ,Ice Cube, Scarface shiiiiit last i check Rakim still up and walking around

Kento
Originally posted by Kento
I guess this works for me. Since he's one of the only two rappers I can stand. Well I can say for sure...I don't think this anymore. IMO Immortal Technique and Nas are much better but I hadn't heard of them until just recently.

Darth Martin
Nas now isn't a fraction of his older self. But if you mean IllMatic Nas then yeah. Immortal Technique has the best vocabulary I've heard.

Kento
Eh I've only heard Nas' new cd and that was completely by accident as I was looking for something completely different. If his older stuff is even better I may have to check into that. Still I think what I've heard of Nas is better than most of what I've heard of Em's.

Darth Martin
Then I highly advise you to check out his debut album Illmatic. It's the best hip hop album ever for some.

Kento
I checked it out, and I do like it.

k1Lla441

His new album Relapse coming out, we'll see how that is. I liked his new free-verse song too. Lil Wayne is going to fade away like DMX. This year - Eminem's new album dropping, 50 Cent's new album dropping, Dr.Dre's new album dropping.
just because his lyrics are real doesnt mean there better, and for the answer to your question:

otep
eazy e
jay z
50 cent
the game
rakim
mike shinoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.