Ares (DC) vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
1. Random meeting fight to the death
2. 1 month of prep knowing they are going to fight the other to the death.

iceman24567
Ares stomps no expression.

Enyalus
1. Ares in a rape.
2. Thanos. Anytime Thanos has prep, he wins. stick out tongue

fangirl101
Ares with Prep Trumps Thanos with Prep.

Ares has vast resources.
Thanos would be limited to his own. And he doesn't do so good with his own tools. He's never accompished one thing noteworthy of his own design and power.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Enyalus
1. Ares in a rape.
2. Thanos. Anytime Thanos has prep, he wins. stick out tongue Ares isn't bad with prep you know he had lots of years to perfect his prep being God of war plus he's currently ruler of Hades uber power up. He gave Cassie her powers he said it was more than Zeus gave her. Ares in a stomp either way.

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101

Ares has vast resources.
Thanos would be limited to his own. And he doesn't do so good with his own tools. He's never accompished one thing noteworthy of his own design and power. Are you being serious?

iceman24567

Ares has vast resources.
Thanos would be limited to his own. And he doesn't do so good with his own tools. He's never accompished one thing noteworthy of his own design and power. Indeed Ares > Thanos no Thanos isn't skyfather level yet sad

Enyalus

Ares has vast resources.
Thanos would be limited to his own. And he doesn't do so good with his own tools. He's never accompished one thing noteworthy of his own design and power.

I think he came across the Cosmic Cube on his own. The Gauntlet he needed the Infinity Well, so you're right there.

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112
Are you being serious?
Show me one impressive thing Thanos has done with prep under his own power. no outside power ups. no stealing stuff. no tricking. Just str8 prep. with his own resources. No stealing dna or anything like that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Indeed Ares > Thanos no Thanos isn't skyfather level yet sad What are some of Ares' impressive battle feats?Originally posted by Enyalus
I think he came across the Cosmic Cube on his own. The Gauntlet he needed the Infinity Well, so you're right there. He is forgetting about the clones Thanos has made and what they are capable of. He also with aid took down Magus with the ig(minus the reality gem because he had it),aided taking down the goddess,and aided defeating the clones he created who were bent on his former nihilistic ideals.

Enyalus
Ares isn't bad with prep you know he had lots of years to perfect his prep being God of war plus he's currently ruler of Hades uber power up. He gave Cassie her powers he said it was more than Zeus gave her. Ares in a stomp either way.

Thanos is also thousands of years old. And with his prep, he's become God twice and threatened the entirety of the universe another time. He managed to absolutely own Galactus and The Hunger (a dimension-eating entity) with...a few hours of prep.

Thanos' prep outclasses nearly anyone save perhaps Darkseid and Metron.

Enyalus
He is forgetting about the clones Thanos has made and what they are capable of.

Oh, you're right. I forgot about the Thanosei...damn. Yeah. That is impressive. Creating a being twice as powerful as Galactus.

iceman24567
Thanos is also thousands of years old. And with his prep, he's become God twice and threatened the entirety of the universe another time. He managed to absolutely own Galactus and The Hunger (a dimension-eating entity) with...a few hours of prep.

Thanos' prep outclasses nearly anyone save perhaps Darkseid and Metron. Ares is the most powerful Olympian skyfather right now under his own power he didn't steal it he was patient thats true prep eek!

quanchi112
Oh, you're right. I forgot about the Thanosei...damn. Yeah. That is impressive. Creating a being twice as powerful as Galactus. Im not as familiar with Ares and what he has done currently. I doubt he is more impressive than Odin and Thanos imo would beat him in a rematch because of his upgrade. With prep Thanos is the best there is.

cloud102
Ares 10/10.

Enyalus
Im not as familiar with Ares and what he has done currently. I doubt he is more impressive than Odin and Thanos imo would beat him in a rematch because of his upgrade. With prep Thanos is the best there is.

Nope. Ares would f*ck Odin in the ass with the hilt of his blade.

quanchi112
Show me one impressive thing Thanos has done with prep under his own power. no outside power ups. no stealing stuff. no tricking. Just str8 prep. with his own resources. No stealing dna or anything like that. He defeated the Hunger my friend. The Hunger was capable of eating the 616 reality. Impressive me thinks. He also pwned Thor with the power gem with some gun he was working on.

iceman24567
Nope. Ares would f*ck Odin in the ass with the hilt of his blade. Correct Odin would get speed blitzed embarrasment

quanchi112
Nope. Ares would f*ck Odin in the ass with the hilt of his blade. What has he done that makes you say this?

Point me in the right direction.

fangirl101
He defeated the Hunger my friend. The Hunger was capable of eating the 616 reality. Impressive me thinks. He also pwned Thor with the power gem with some gun he was working on.
Thor did nothing celestial with the power gem. He beat a group of top tiers. Superboy prime has done that and better. Monarch has beaten scores of top tiers with a wave of his hand. The hunger was capable? Feats of this hunger? He beat the hunger alone? without hep from galactus?

Enyalus
What has he done that makes you say this?

Point me in the right direction.

Actually, I hope Iceman or fangirl will be able to do that...because my memory sucks and I don't recall the name of the arcs. stick out tongue

Enyalus
Thor did nothing celestial with the power gem. He beat a group of top tiers. Superboy prime has done that and better. Monarch has beaten scores of top tiers with a wave of his hand. The hunger was capable? Feats of this hunger? He beat the hunger alone? without hep from galactus?

He beats Galactus and The Hunger at the same time, basically...with a few hours prep.

quanchi112
Actually, I hope Iceman or fangirl will be able to do that...because my memory sucks and I don't recall the name of the arcs. stick out tongue Ok,off memory what has he done that makes you think he can beat Thanos or Odin.

fangirl101
He beats Galactus and The Hunger at the same time, basically...with a few hours prep.
wait. I thought he almost got killed by galactus. Am I confusing stories?

quanchi112
Thor did nothing celestial with the power gem. He beat a group of top tiers. Superboy prime has done that and better. Monarch has beaten scores of top tiers with a wave of his hand. The hunger was capable? Feats of this hunger? He beat the hunger alone? without hep from galactus? Thor wasa threat to Eternity with the power gem. Strange couldnt beat him with aid. Thanos did it on the fly. He is that good.

When has Prime beat a group of top tiers? laughing out loud

He ran and fled from them.

It seems you havent read the story. Thanos saved Galactus from the Hunger. wink

quanchi112
wait. I thought he almost got killed by galactus. Am I confusing stories? He is telling you his opinion. He wasnt there to defeat Galactus but rather warn him against releasing the Hunger.

fangirl101
Actually, I hope Iceman or fangirl will be able to do that...because my memory sucks and I don't recall the name of the arcs. stick out tongue
Off Top of my head. Ares was one of the 12 gods that suppied the infinite times infinity energy that was required to destroy Mr. Olympus. at the time I believe he was 3rd or 4th down on the power ist after zeus, athena, and hades. he's also killed highfather of new genesis. And he's obtained the power of the Godwave. and still has control over it. he's also taken over hades and is now the ruler of hell and the god of war.

quanchi112
Off Top of my head. Ares was one of the 12 gods that suppied the infinite times infinity energy that was required to destroy Mr. Olympus. at the time I believe he was 3rd or 4th down on the power ist after zeus, athena, and hades. he's also killed highfather of new genesis. And he's obtained the power of the Godwave. and still has control over it. he's also taken over hades and is now the ruler of hell and the god of war. Thats it? laughing out loud laughing out loud

Enyalus
wait. I thought he almost got killed by galactus. Am I confusing stories?

Yes, he does. That's the beginning of the arc. And Thanos isn't attempting to battle Galactus, just act as a big punching bag and reasoning with Galactus to not let The Hunger into their dimension (616). Later on in the story, he's able to defeat them both with prep (although The Hunger is Thanos' main target.) But, you have the right story.

fangirl101
Thats it? laughing out loud laughing out loud
Thanos couldn't kill highfather. Who has Thanos killed under his own power that was of note?

Enyalus
Thats it? laughing out loud laughing out loud

He's also the physically strongest Olympian, he's got indestructable armor, and he has full command over the dead thanks to his position as Lord of the Dead....he's also the God of Conflict now, as its broader than God of War and makes him more powerful.

Board Walker
Ares has control of the godwave, the source itself.

Ares has enveloped all existence before and was only stopped by the source itself.

This is some thing he can freely do, unlike Thanos who needs an artifact to do so.

iceman24567
When Cronus had the godwave he nearly conquered heaven if Ares has it it's a stomp horribly.

Board Walker
When Cronus had the godwave he nearly conquered heaven if Ares has it it's a stomp horribly.

he has had it before, he was ceasing existence, he became existence.

quanchi112
Thanos couldn't kill highfather. Who has Thanos killed under his own power that was of note? Yes,he could. Darkseid has dominated the Highfather before and he is at Superman level. Ares waited to his energies were charged and killed him. It wasnt like they met on the battlefield.

Thanos has defeated far more powerful beings than Izaya. Killing has nothing to do with this.Originally posted by Enyalus
He's also the physically strongest Olympian, he's got indestructable armor, and he has full command over the dead thanks to his position as Lord of the Dead....he's also the God of Conflict now, as its broader than God of War and makes him more powerful. So,really what has he done? The destroyer armor was supposedly indestructible until Thor took its head off. Originally posted by Board Walker
Ares has control of the godwave, the source itself.

Ares has enveloped all existence before and was only stopped by the source itself.

This is some thing he can freely do, unlike Thanos who needs an artifact to do so. He has the godwave for this fight? Really,when did he get it?Originally posted by iceman24567
When Cronus had the godwave he nearly conquered heaven if Ares has it it's a stomp horribly. Thanos would beat Cronus with that sickle.

fangirl101
Yes,he could. Darkseid has dominated the Highfather before and he is at Superman level. Ares waited to his energies were charged and killed him. It wasnt like they met on the battlefield.

Thanos has defeated far more powerful beings than Izaya. Killing has nothing to do with this. So,really what has he done? The destroyer armor was supposedly indestructible until Thor took its head off. He has the godwave for this fight? Really,when did he get it? Thanos would beat Cronus with that sickle. All crap. Who has Thanos killed that was as powerful as Highfather? According to the Gaurdians it takes a tremendous amount of power to kill a new god. And highfather was the most powerful of the new genesisians.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Board Walker
he has had it before, he was ceasing existence, he became existence. Really Ares stomps in Thanos i call spite. he killed Highfather like he was a chump.

quanchi112
All crap. Who has Thanos killed that was as powerful as Highfather? According to the Gaurdians it takes a tremendous amount of power to kill a new god. And highfather was the most powerful of the new genesisians. Orion killed Darkseid. Ares killed Izaya. The Atom killed Darkseid.

Seriously,it doesnt seem that hard. Supes beat a new god into submission in apokolips now. Doomsday beat darkseid down in a few panels and had not Superman interfered he would have died.

Seid to me is the most powerful and formidable one and he has been physically assaulted and killed a few times. Doesnt seem that hard at all.

quanchi112
Really Ares stomps in Thanos i call spite. he killed Highfather like he was a chump. Why does Ares stomp?

It seems to me this is like the Ps overrating I saw a few months back. When people started questioning it and asking why no one provided any proof.

Ares it seems until someone proves otherwise is overrated.

Board Walker
Yes,he could. Darkseid has dominated the Highfather before and he is at Superman level. Ares waited to his energies were charged and killed him. It wasnt like they met on the battlefield.

Thanos has defeated far more powerful beings than Izaya. Killing has nothing to do with this. So,really what has he done? The destroyer armor was supposedly indestructible until Thor took its head off. He has the godwave for this fight? Really,when did he get it? Thanos would beat Cronus with that sickle.

He has always had access to it Quanchi, that was shown in the arc he actually used it to become existence itself, the only thing that stopped him was the source itself channeling through dianna.

Why doesn't he just always use it? because it was also stated he doesnt want anything to do with the source.

But since this fight is about being blood lusted, that little philosophical problem shouldnt be a problem to him using it.

fangirl101
Orion killed Darkseid. Ares killed Izaya. The Atom killed Darkseid.

Seriously,it doesnt seem that hard. Supes beat a new god into submission in apokolips now. Doomsday beat darkseid down in a few panels and had not Superman interfered he would have died.

Seid to me is the most powerful and formidable one and he has been physically assaulted and killed a few times. Doesnt seem that hard at all.
NO. Orion killed DS by Tapping the Sources power. So of Course, it took tremendous power. The Atom did NOT kill DS. He incapaciated him. It was Orion with a mother box that killed him in that time line. Also tremendous amount of energy.

Beating them down isn't killing them. Now put up or shut up. Who has Thanos killed that was as hard to kill as highfather.

Bringing Up doomsday and superman have no relevance becuz niether killed any new gods.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Board Walker
He has always had access to it Quanchi, that was shown in the arc he actually used it to become existence itself, the only thing that stopped him was the source itself channeling through dianna.

Why doesn't he just always use it? because it was also stated he doesnt want anything to do with the source.

But since this fight is about being blood lusted, that little philosophical problem shouldnt be a problem to him using it. Do you really think he has access to the godwave still? laughing out loud

Why didnt he access it when Cronus stomped his whole panetheon with it. You make no sense and make stuff up all the time.

fangirl101
Do you really think he has access to the godwave still? laughing out loud

Why didnt he access it when Cronus stomped his whole panetheon with it. You make no sense and make stuff up all the time.
Ares granted Wonder Woman the God wave when she asked. So what do you mean he doesn't have access to it?

quanchi112
NO. Orion killed DS by Tapping the Sources power. So of Course, it took tremendous power. The Atom did NOT kill DS. He incapaciated him. It was Orion with a mother box that killed him in that time line. Also tremendous amount of energy.

Beating them down isn't killing them. Now put up or shut up. Who has Thanos killed that was as hard to kill as highfather.

Bringing Up doomsday and superman have no relevance becuz niether killed any new gods. No,Orion killed him straight up.

The atom did kill him. Should I post the scan?

Thanos doesnt have to kill anyone to prove he could kill Izaya. Your argument lacks any meat.

Doomsday would have killed Seid hadnt Superman saved him with the motherbox.

quanchi112
Ares granted Wonder Woman the God wave when she asked. So what do you mean he doesn't have access to it? When did he do this?

fangirl101
No,Orion killed him straight up.

The atom did kill him. Should I post the scan?

Thanos doesnt have to kill anyone to prove he could kill Izaya. Your argument lacks any meat.

Doomsday would have killed Seid hadnt Superman saved him with the motherbox.
you mean the atom killed an alternate timeline DS? What would the scan prove according to the in continuity DS? Nothing. Not a damned thing.

Thanos hasn't killed anyone of note. Ares did. Ares has the better battle feat. Doomsday Didn't kill DS. DS was still alive after doomsday's blitz. Period. ANd Doomsday is Superior to Thanos. At least his H/P version is .

Now who has Thanos killed of Note?

fangirl101
http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wonderwoman152120uv.jpg

quanchi112
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/JLA_014_pg20.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/JLA_014_pg21.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/JLA_014_pg22.jpg

fangirl101
QUAN. THAT ISN'T IN CONTINUITY DARKSIED.

iceman24567
http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wonderwoman152120uv.jpg Nice so he can call upon the amp whenever he feels like it? laughing Wow it is spite.

quanchi112
you mean the atom killed an alternate timeline DS? What would the scan prove according to the in continuity DS? Nothing. Not a damned thing.

Thanos hasn't killed anyone of note. Ares did. Ares has the better battle feat. Doomsday Didn't kill DS. DS was still alive after doomsday's blitz. Period. ANd Doomsday is Superior to Thanos. At least his H/P version is .

Now who has Thanos killed of Note? Thats canon to Darkseid.

So,if you kill someone that means you win based on that? laughing out loud

Darkseid was going to die after Doomsday's attack. Thats the point. Need I post that as well.

quanchi112
QUAN. THAT ISN'T IN CONTINUITY DARKSIED. How isnt it?

fangirl101
Thats canon to Darkseid.

So,if you kill someone that means you win based on that? laughing out loud

Darkseid was going to die after Doomsday's attack. Thats the point. Need I post that as well.
You fail to realize that Thanos isn't as powerful as Doomsday was in H/P. You also fail to realize that Thanos cannot repeat what doomsday did. You also fail to realize DS did not die. And that is NOt canon DS. How the **** can it be when that is an alternate timeline and in the future? Stop with your BS and show me a scan of Thanos killing someone of note. Someone very powerful.

iceman24567
QUAN. THAT ISN'T IN CONTINUITY DARKSIED. Lulz i can only imagine what he is saying glad i got him on ignore. Why bother everybody knows Ares wins.

fangirl101
How isnt it?
DS is still alive in Crisis.

quanchi112
You fail to realize that Thanos isn't as powerful as Doomsday was in H/P. You also fail to realize that Thanos cannot repeat what doomsday did. You also fail to realize DS did not die. And that is NOt canon DS. How the **** can it be when that is an alternate timeline and in the future? Stop with your BS and show me a scan of Thanos killing someone of note. Someone very powerful. He is more powerful. Doomsday in hp only beat Darkseid down some no names and a weaker Superman. Not that impressive. That is canon unless you can prove otherwise. Your argument lacks anything. Thanos beats and actually holds back not killing them. Case in point the Maker and Fallen One. He actually defeats his opponents without killing them.

Your scan had her asking them as in plural to channel the godwave into her. Their powers basically into her. It wasnt Ares alone. Wow you try to distort evidence like no other.

quanchi112
DS is still alive in Crisis. Yes,he died then the box remade everything. It still happened. Think of the ig. Thanos still took out half the universe then Nebula undid everything. It still happened to current jla. Its canon,brah.

Ds can be killed by a 6 inch man. laughing out loud

fangirl101
He is more powerful. Doomsday in hp only beat Darkseid down some no names and a weaker Superman. Not that impressive. That is canon unless you can prove otherwise. Your argument lacks anything. Thanos beats and actually holds back not killing them. Case in point the Maker and Fallen One. He actually defeats his opponents without killing them.

Your scan had her asking them as in plural to channel the godwave into her. Their powers basically into her. It wasnt Ares alone. Wow you try to distort evidence like no other.
No. Diana prays and it's aphrodite who hears the prayer. It is ares who makes the descision to give it to her. The power is his anytime he wants it. He doesn't need to pray to anyone.

I'm still waiting on anyone of note that Thanos has killed. has he even killed a top tier? let alone a skyfather.

iceman24567
No. Diana prays and it's aphrodite who hears the prayer. It is ares who makes the descision to give it to her. The power is his anytime he wants it. He doesn't need to pray to anyone.

I'm still waiting on anyone of note that Thanos has killed. has he even killed a top tier? let alone a skyfather. Nobody even close to Ares I'm sure.

Enyalus
I'm still waiting on anyone of note that Thanos has killed. has he even killed a top tier? let alone a skyfather.

That is irrelevant to this discussion. He's beaten top tiers at his leisure. If he doesn't kill them, it's by choice.

fangirl101
That is irrelevant to this discussion. He's beaten top tiers at his leisure. If he doesn't kill them, it's by choice.
Since when Was highfather a Top tier? Ares Killed highfather.

iceman24567
That is irrelevant to this discussion. He's beaten top tiers at his leisure. If he doesn't kill them, it's by choice. So does he have a chance against Ares?

Enyalus
So does he have a chance against Ares?

You don't remember me saying that Ares would rape him? stick out tongue

With prep, though, in the second scenario, I gave the win to Thanos.

fangirl101

With prep, though, in the second scenario, I gave the win to Thanos.
What does Thanos have in his own Arsenal with no outside powerups that could trump what Ares can come up with?

Enyalus
What does Thanos have in his own Arsenal with no outside powerups that could trump what Ares can come up with?

He's beaten Galactus and Hunger at the same time with a few hours of prep. He's built clones that are twice as powerful as Galactus, another one with the telepathic abilities above Professor Xavier, and another with the exact powerset of Gladiator (pretty broadly based).

I'm sure he'd think of something. Hell, there are probably other impressive prep feats, but reading KMC for half the day has shorted out a number of my remaining brain cells. stick out tongue

iceman24567

With prep, though, in the second scenario, I gave the win to Thanos. Ares once gained enough power to challenge the whole Olympian pantheon it took Zeus and Hades just to contain him. Ares is uber with prep all he has to do is cause conflict and it's a power boost plus the god wave? What is Thanos going to do with prep.

Enyalus
What is Thanos going to do with prep.

Fun exercise: replace the word 'Thanos' in the above sentence with any DC character who has gone against Thanos, and tell me who you remind yourself of.

stick out tongue

Can you guess who I'm thinking of?

fangirl101
He's beaten Galactus and Hunger at the same time with a few hours of prep. He's built clones that are twice as powerful as Galactus, another one with the telepathic abilities above Professor Xavier, and another with the exact powerset of Gladiator (pretty broadly based).

I'm sure he'd think of something. Hell, there are probably other impressive prep feats, but reading KMC for half the day has shorted out a number of my remaining brain cells. stick out tongue
He's beaten galactus and the hunger? With his own power? He's build a clone twice as powerful as galactus? With his own resources or by stealing Galactus's dna? Highfather created takion. out of his own power. And Ares still managed to KILL highfather.

Enyalus
He's beaten galactus and the hunger? With his own power?

If you want to call using your intelligence and teleporting a planet full of nukes into the place Galactus and Hunger are battling on, then yes, his own power.

Firstly, yes, it was with his own resources. Whether he used Galactus' DNA or not, I don't know. Probably not. Regardless, it falls under prep and was unassisted by an artifact.

Good for him. I already said Ares would kill Thanos normally. Ares is high Skyfather level. Thanos is not. The math is simple. But Thanos is the master of prep, and so I'd give him the win in scenario #2.

Sasaraixx
Ares

fangirl101
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Ares
Thanos has no resources available in his own arsenal that would give him a win over Ares. Especially if Ares has prep too.

Thanos used galactus DNA to make the clone. Not his own resource. he stole it.

He used bombs to hurt a weakened galactus. And just how powerful is this hunger if bombs can kill it. hmmm?

Enyalus
Thanos has no resources available in his own arsenal that would give him a win over Ares. Especially if Ares has prep too.

He's got three personal forcefields which can keep him alive after tanking a direct blast from the aforementioned being who is twice Galactus' full power's power (Omega had just been feeding on several planets, so he should've been damn near close to full power if not at it.)

I don't recall that. Can you or someone else prove it? From what I recall, his DNA is nearly impossible to get because of the suit. And I believe he's made of pure energy under that suit, or somesuch thing...I'm no Galactus expert though. But, if he did steal Galen's DNA, that just furthers my case...what's stopping him from replicating the Source's energies or creating tech to rechannel the Godwave?

He doesn't kill Hunger. It reforms and slinks away unnoticed...leaving for a somewhat unsatisfying ending if it wasn't for Galactus on his ass essentially going, "What the **** just happened?" And Thanos' smug smile.

fangirl101

He's got three personal forcefields which can keep him alive after tanking a direct blast from the aforementioned being who is twice Galactus' full power's power (Omega had just been feeding on several planets, so he should've been damn near close to full power if not at it.)

I don't recall that. Can you or someone else prove it? From what I recall, his DNA is nearly impossible to get because of the suit. And I believe he's made of pure energy under that suit, or somesuch thing...I'm no Galactus expert though. But, if he did steal Galen's DNA, that just furthers my case...what's stopping him from replicating the Source's energies or creating tech to rechannel the Godwave?

He doesn't kill Hunger. It reforms and slinks away unnoticed...leaving for a somewhat unsatisfying ending if it wasn't for Galactus on his ass essentially going, "What the **** just happened?" And Thanos' smug smile.
But galactus breached ALL of thanos shields. So he is more powerful than Omega.

Allankles

Thanos used galactus DNA to make the clone. Not his own resource. he stole it.

He used bombs to hurt a weakened galactus. And just how powerful is this hunger if bombs can kill it. hmmm?

And the clones Thanos made were inferior to Galactus and were easily destroyed. The twice as powerful as Galactus crap was from Thanos word of mouth, and these supposed powerful Clones were inferior in their showings of durability, intellect and power.

Enyalus
But galactus breached ALL of thanos shields. So he is more powerful than Omega.

No.

How many shields was Thanos using against Galactus? Any at all? He states, specifically, Omega destroyed all three of his forcefields and his personal armor with one shot. He also states, specifically, that Omega is twice as powerful as Galactus. Since he created Omega, and he's fought Galactus, he'd probably know.

fangirl101
No.

How many shields was Thanos using against Galactus? Any at all? He states, specifically, Omega destroyed all three of his forcefields and his personal armor with one shot. He also states, specifically, that Omega is twice as powerful as Galactus. Since he created Omega, and he's fought Galactus, he'd probably know.
thanos also stated that he was God when he had the IG. And he wasn't. Thanos used ALL defensive shielding when defending against Galactus. And it was still breached. He used three against Omega.

Enyalus
thanos also stated that he was God when he had the IG. And he wasn't.

Yes, he was. The gems grant omnipotence, and make the wielder god. Mr. Master has already posted numerous scans that show this. I know you've seen them.

fangirl101
Yes, he was. The gems grant omnipotence, and make the wielder god. Mr. Master has already posted numerous scans that show this. I know you've seen them.
He was God? And yet The IG doesn't make one more powerful than The LT. If he was God with the Ig, then what was he with the Heart? I can play this all night.

iceman24567
Yes, he was. The gems grant omnipotence, and make the wielder god. Mr. Master has already posted numerous scans that show this. I know you've seen them. Its gave him godlike power i thought? It did not make him god.

Enyalus
He was God? And yet The IG doesn't make one more powerful than The LT. If he was God with the Ig, then what was he with the Heart? I can play this all night.

Yes. He was God. And with the Heart? He was GOD. Get it?

Not that it matters. It's on panel, which > your opinion of the matter.

Mindset
IG made you omnipotent in one universe, I believe that's what Mr. Master was saying.

Enyalus
Its gave him godlike power i thought? It did not make him god.

Originally posted by Mr Master
If existing outside of time, and having no form is what makes him special,
then there's a host of Marvel characters that would stalemate his speciality,
starting with Warlock (who's outside the influence of BOTH Time & Space)

http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/7376/adamgoesbtwnuniverses26zw.th.jpg

As for "absolutely omnipotent"

Well, so is a wielder of the IG:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Infinity_Gauntlet_%28item%29

Powers: "Absolute Omnipotence when the Gems are used altogether"

yes

Indeed, on panel the IG makes one GOD! (beneath the LT though)

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1825/igmakesyougod7zf.th.jpg

"Thanos ... in-effect became God"

As for "absolutely omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent"

That goes to the Living Tribunal, who is above the IG, but below the HOTI:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Living_Tribunal

Power: "Omnipotent and Omniscient"

smile

Oh, .... and "Omnipresent"

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2994/lt2cm.th.jpg

Here's that same Omnipotent/Omniscient/Omnipresent Living Tribunal getting stomped by THOTI:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1825/teb9.th.jpg

fangirl101

How dare you post this as proof? How can you be ABSOLUTELY omnipotent but beneath the LT who isn't even absolutely omnipotent. Thanos claimed he was god and wasn't. He claimed omega was twice as powerful as galactus but wasn't.

Enyalus
Thanos claimed he was god and wasn't. He claimed omega was twice as powerful as galactus but wasn't.

Prove both. Now. Or stop posting.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
IG made you omnipotent in one universe, I believe that's what Mr. Master was saying.

Not according to this scan:

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/39/t2lo0.th.jpg

See what it says about the IG in relation to the Heart?

iceman24567
IG made you omnipotent in one universe, I believe that's what Mr. Master was saying. Ok i understand that but making one god means they are all powerful right nobody above them? Their are levels of godhood in Marvel then.

Enyalus
Ok i understand that but making one god means they are all powerful right nobody above them? Their are levels of godhood in Marvel then.

True. I would argue that Thanos with the IG was at least as powerful as the LT was...but that since the IG was a form of external control, LT was able to shut them off because he had a greater degree of control, omniscience...as opposed to raw power, omnipotence.

But that's unfounded.

fangirl101
Prove both. Now. Or stop posting.
Galactus in a weak state bitched all of Thanos shields. ALL of them.

Omega was stopped by Three shields.

Also Thanos says out of his own mouth that the IG was External control. God has no need for outside devices. Thanos could never let go of the IG. For he'd lose his power. He wasn't, therefore, God.

Enyalus
Galactus in a weak state bitched all of Thanos shields. ALL of them.

Omega was stopped by Three shields.

How many is all? Might he have added more personal forcefields after his encounter with Galactus? Yes. It's possible he only had one or two. I said proof, not this opinionated garbage. Thanos states Omega is twice as powerful as Galactus when fully fed, which he was. Thanos made Omega. He'd know.

Enyalus
Also Thanos says out of his own mouth that the IG was External control. God has no need for outside devices. Thanos could never let go of the IG. For he'd lose his power. He wasn't, therefore, God.

Heh. Mr. Master's posts fit so well in these situations...

Originally posted by Mr Master
Actually, TOAA is above GOD:

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/7757/ltorderswl0iy.th.jpg

According to Jim Starlin, GOD is exactly what the IG made Thanos and Warlock:

Jim Starlin

(the writer/creator of the Infinity Gauntlet)

gets interviewed by Marvel Age.

Marvel Age is a Marvel title specifically designed to get the intricate details
to stories,
from the Writers themselves.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7315/igmakegod1bz0.th.jpg

"The Infinity Gauntlet,
a story that dealt with the idea of a nihilist (Thanos) becoming God"

..........................................................................................

Jim Starlin himself adds:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9950/igmakegod2zt8.th.jpg

"I've done the good side of God and the bad side of God,
I've gone as far as I can with the Infinity Gauntlet"

=============================

Marvel.com states the Infinity Gauntlet grants,

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Infinity_Gauntlet_%28item%29

Powers: "Absolute Omnipotence when the Gems are used altogether"

Allankles
How many is all? Might he have added more personal forcefields after his encounter with Galactus? Yes. It's possible he only had one or two. I said proof, not this opinionated garbage. Thanos states Omega is twice as powerful as Galactus when fully fed, which he was. Thanos made Omega. He'd know.

That's irrelevant when Omega on all the important aspects, by his showings, is inferior.

fangirl101
I'd swear you were quan. Thanos says ALL shielding. if he'd had one, he'd have said shield up. Or double shielding for two.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
That's irrelevant when Omega on all the important aspects, by his showings, is inferior.

By his showings? He all but one-shots a fully prepared and shielded Thanos. Galactus got blown through his ship and skidded three times on the moon below.

Please.

joshypooh
He's beaten galactus and the hunger? With his own power? He's build a clone twice as powerful as galactus? With his own resources or by stealing Galactus's dna? Highfather created takion. out of his own power. And Ares still managed to KILL highfather. what does him killing high father have to do with ares and thanos?

Allankles
Ok i understand that but making one god means they are all powerful right nobody above them? Their are levels of godhood in Marvel then.

"levels of omnipotence" to be precise. Totall disregard for the proper definition of the word.

joshypooh
I'd swear you were quan. Thanos says ALL shielding. if he'd had one, he'd have said shield up. Or double shielding for two. its one shield.

fangirl101
Originally posted by joshypooh
its one shield.
No. Thanos says ALL defensive shielding. And didn't spiderman hurt Omega?

Mindset
Infinity and omnipotent were butchered by comics

Mindset
No. Thanos says ALL defensive shielding. And didn't spiderman hurt Omega? Did you read the story with Omega?

fangirl101
Did you read the story with Omega?
Do you know how long it's been? That story is like at least 10 or 15 years old. I don't remember that. I remember Omega like not pwning anyone.

Mindset
You should at least remember Spiderman didn't hurt him.

vlaaad12345
Omega like didn't really try to pwn anyone he nearly oneshoted thanos through all his shields and armor and thats about the only person he really attacked.

Allankles
By his showings? He all but one-shots a fully prepared and shielded Thanos. Galactus got blown through his ship and skidded three times on the moon below.

Please.

kinetic energy overcoming the effect of gravity on Galactus balance, it didn't do anything but wound Galactus' pride.

joshypooh
No. Thanos says ALL defensive shielding. And didn't spiderman hurt Omega? I read it. It never says more than one shield. Spiderman didnt hurt him.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
kinetic energy overcoming the effect of gravity on Galactus balance, it didn't do anything but wound Galactus' pride.

That's why Galactus' helmet suddenly isn't there and he appears scraped up and damaged? And finally getting the better of Thanos caused Galactus to 'expend vital energies' ?

Really, those are rhetorical. Omega's showing against Thanos was leagues more impressive than Galactus' battle against him.

fangirl101
I read it. It never says more than one shield. Spiderman didnt hurt him.
Thanos says ALL. Period. You can't dance around that. Omega was Never as powerful as Galactus. Ever.

fangirl101
That's why Galactus' helmet suddenly isn't there and he appears scraped up and damaged? And finally getting the better of Thanos caused Galactus to 'expend vital energies' ?

Really, those are rhetorical. Omega's showing against Thanos was leagues more impressive than Galactus' battle against him.
And Thanos had how many upgrades in that time?

Enyalus
Thanos says ALL. Period. You can't dance around that. Omega was Never as powerful as Galactus. Ever.

Narration disagrees with your opinion. Again. Why does that keep happening?

Enyalus
And Thanos had how many upgrades in that time?

One happened in 2002 (I think), and the other happened in 2004. So I'd venture to say...none.

joshypooh
Thanos says ALL. Period. You can't dance around that. Omega was Never as powerful as Galactus. Ever. All can mean one.

fangirl101
Actions disgree with yours. Omega did nothing to show he was twice as poweful as galactus.

joshypooh

Really, those are rhetorical. Omega's showing against Thanos was leagues more impressive than Galactus' battle against him. yep.

fangirl101
All can mean one.
Thanos is retarded now? He says ALL when he means one shield? Why not say shield up?

Allankles

He was allegedly twice as powerful as Galactus but it was never ever shown, so we can take that with a grain of salt. Easily destroyed and intellectually inferior.

Even his power pales in comparison to Galactus best feats. It's a situation of if it doesn't look, walk or sound like a duck, then I guess it isn't a duck.

Enyalus
Actions disgree with yours. Omega did nothing to show he was twice as poweful as galactus.

Compare the fights and then get back to me. Thanos' fight with Galactus is in 2004 in the Thanos mini. Thanos' fight with Omega was in 2002 I think...around there.

Compare them. Omega practically one-shots a fully prepped and prepared and defensive Thanos. Galactus does not. Not even close. Case closed.

fangirl101
Compare the fights and then get back to me. Thanos' fight with Galactus is in 2004 in the Thanos mini. Thanos' fight with Omega was in 2002 I think...around there.

Compare them. Omega practically one-shots a fully prepped and prepared and defensive Thanos. Galactus does not. Not even close. Case closed.
Um. Thanos was prepped for galactus. He was even on his ship where he would have the most shields and best power source for his shields. What are you talking about? Thanos was on the ground begging for his life to a WEAK galactus. He never begged or cried so much as a tear against Omega.

iceman24567
Infinity and omnipotent were butchered by comics So it seems.

Enyalus
Um. Thanos was prepped for galactus. He was even on his ship where he would have the most shields and best power source for his shields. What are you talking about? Thanos was on the ground begging for his life to a WEAK galactus. He never begged or cried so much as a tear against Omega.

Thanos was on Galactus' ship. He also blasts Galactus out of the ship and onto the moon below, which clearly causes Galactus to be damaged. Yes, Galactus eventually overpowers Thanos. But Galactus states on panel that the battle had 'depleted vital energies.' He then attempts to use the Infinity Gems to sate his hunger and ends up releasing The Hunger into the 616 dimension, which is why Thanos was begging Galactus to stop and listen to him. Not for fear of his life, but for fear of releasing The Hunger. He didn't even go there to battle Galactus, but to warn and reason with him. Please get things straight. I know you said you haven't read the arc in a while, so that's cool. I understand. But what you're saying isn't true.

Against Omega he is fully prepped and prepared, openly expecting a confrontation and still virtually gets one-shotted.

No contest that Omega did better against Thanos than Galactus did. At all.

fangirl101
Thanos was on Galactus' ship. He also blasts Galactus out of the ship and onto the moon below, which clearly causes Galactus to be damaged. Yes, Galactus eventually overpowers Thanos. But Galactus states on panel that the battle had 'depleted vital energies.' He then attempts to use the Infinity Gems to sate his hunger and ends up releasing The Hunger into the 616 dimension, which is why Thanos was begging Galactus to stop and listen to him. Not for fear of his life, but for fear of releasing The Hunger. He didn't even go there to battle Galactus, but to warn and reason with him. Please get things straight. I know you said you haven't read the arc in a while, so that's cool. I understand. But what you're saying isn't true.

Against Omega he is fully prepped and prepared, openly expecting a confrontation and still virtually gets one-shotted.

No contest that Omega did better against Thanos than Galactus did. At all.
And Galactus just happened to be Fully Fed against Thanos? Um No. Omega got bitched by a team of heroes if I remember correctly.

Enyalus
And Galactus just happened to be Fully Fed against Thanos? Um No. Omega got bitched by a team of heroes if I remember correctly.

Did Galactus fare as well against Thanos as Omega did? No. Does Thanos state Omega is twice Galactus' power. Yes. Is Thanos an informed and credible source, considering he's fought and monitored Galactus and according to you even stole his DNA - as well as being the designer of Omega? Yes.

Do you have any leg to stand on at all or on panel evidence to prove otherwise? No.

Quit arguing with canon. It's not like I gave Thanos the all out win or said something stupid like he's more powerful than Ares. You're being f*cking ridiculous.

fangirl101
Did Galactus fare as well against Thanos as Omega did? No. Does Thanos state Omega is twice Galactus' power. Yes. Is Thanos an informed and credible source, considering he's fought and monitored Galactus and according to you even stole his DNA - as well as being the designer of Omega? Yes.

Do you have any leg to stand on at all or on panel evidence to prove otherwise? No.

Quit arguing with canon. It's not like I gave Thanos the all out win or said something stupid like he's more powerful than Ares. You're being f*cking ridiculous.

Did Galactus have a full mean like Omega Did? Or had Omega just eaten what was it? 3 planets? Wasn't Galactus hungry? Um yeah. Stop arguing with canon. Omega got bitched by some heroes.

Enyalus
Did Galactus have a full mean like Omega Did? Or had Omega just eaten what was it? 3 planets? Wasn't Galactus hungry? Um yeah. Stop arguing with canon.

Galactus is always hungry. Galactus was not starving prior to his encounter with Thanos. Only afterwards does he state that the battle depleted him. Not prior. Reading comprehension is your friend.

fangirl101
Galactus is always hungry. Galactus was not starving prior to his encounter with Thanos. Only afterwards does he state that the battle depleted him. Not prior. Reading comprehension is your friend.
I see you skipped the part about omega looking a fool against a band of heroes. He certainly wasn't even as powerful as Galactus. And he'd had like three planets for lunch.

Enyalus
I see you skipped the part about omega looking a fool against a band of heroes. He certainly wasn't even as powerful as Galactus. And he'd had like three planets for lunch.

I like when one part of your argument is refuted you simply make up other bullshit for me to tear apart. But I'm done wasting my time on you.

Galactus was pwned by Thing and the Fantastic Four at one point. And they certainly don't equal Thanos, Captain Mar-vell, Spiderman, & company.

fangirl101
I like when one part of your argument is refuted you simply make up other bullshit for me to tear apart. But I'm done wasting my time on you.

Galactus was pwned by Thing and the Fantastic Four at one point. And they certainly don't equal Thanos, Captain Mar-vell, Spiderman, & company.
Are you trying to use a silver age feat and comparing it to a modern age one? OMG laughing laughing laughing Modern Galactus bitched Hyperstorm. He destroyed star systems in his weakened anger.

iceman24567
Ok the point is Ares wins.

fangirl101
Ok the point is Ares wins.
Both scenarios.

Enyalus
Are you trying to use a silver age feat and comparing it to a modern age one?

Wasn't retconned. The feat stands.

Alternate universe/future timeline, thus not applicable.

Mmhmm...Yet it doesn't kill Annihilus, does it? Just like he doesn't kill Thanos in their fight. What you're posting isn't relevant at all. It's a complete red herring. Omega essentially one-shotted Thanos during their fight. Galactus took damage and depleted 'vital' energies during their battle.

Omega's showing proves he is stronger than Galactus. By how much? Thanos says twice as much. There you have it.

fangirl101

Wasn't retconned. The feat stands.

Alternate universe/future timeline, thus not applicable.

Mmhmm...Yet it doesn't kill Annihilus, does it? Just like he doesn't kill Thanos in their fight. What you're posting isn't relevant at all. It's a complete red herring. Omega essentially one-shotted Thanos during their fight. Galactus took damage and depleted 'vital' energies during their battle.

Omega's showing proves he is stronger than Galactus. By how much? Thanos says twice as much. There you have it.
No. Omega's showings show that he was taken down by Spiderman and Crew. Cool it. Omega wasn't twice as powerful as Big G. AND thanos didn't create him with his own power or tech. So the feat doesn't count for shit in this scenario anyway.

Enyalus
No. Omega's showings show that he was taken down by Spiderman and Crew. Cool it. Omega wasn't twice as powerful as Big G.

Omega fares better against Thanos than Galactus did during his battle. By a large margin. Ergo, Omega > Galactus.

AND thanos didn't create him with his own power or tech.

Prove it. Otherwise, yes it does.

fangirl101

Omega fares better against Thanos than Galactus did during his battle. By a large margin. Ergo, Omega > Galactus.

Prove it. Otherwise, yes it does.
You agree with yourself well.

Mindset
I never understood how one clones a being of pure energy

Enyalus
I never understood how one clones a being of pure energy

Apparently Thanos' technology and intelligence are just off the charts. stick out tongue We also know that Galactus is composed of an infinite amount of energy, and that he has enough power to destroy the 616 universe AND the Negative Zone at the same time. Yet, Thanos is able to create a being who is double Galactus' power. Amazing what Thanos can do with prep. Lol

fangirl101
Apparently Thanos' technology and intelligence are just off the charts. stick out tongue We also know that Galactus is composed of an infinite amount of energy, and that he has enough power to destroy the 616 universe AND the Negative Zone at the same time. Yet, Thanos is able to create a being who is double Galactus' power. Amazing what Thanos can do with prep. Lol

You'd think with that kind of brain, he would build himself an army of clones. And he wouldn't be so scared of galactus's power knowing how to build a better galactus.

Mindset
You'd think with that kind of brain, he would build himself an army of clones. And he wouldn't be so scared of galactus's power knowing how to build a better galactus.
Building an army of Omegas, does that sound like a good plan? no expression

iceman24567
Building an army of Omegas, does that sound like a good plan? no expression eek!

fangirl101
Building an army of Omegas, does that sound like a good plan? no expression

None of Thanos plans are that good to me.

Enyalus
And he wouldn't be so scared of galactus's power knowing how to build a better galactus.

Doesn't seem like he's scared of Galactus to me. He recognizes that Galactus is more powerful than himself. Which is fact. That's about it.

Mindset
None of Thanos plans are that good to me. Yea, taking over the universe is so stupid.

fangirl101
Yea, taking over the universe is so stupid.
It is when you can't keep it.

Nihilist
thanos 8/10

Mindset
It is when you can't keep it. Don't be an idiot.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Nihilist
thanos 8/10
Ares calls upon the godwave and destroys Thanos 1000/10

fangirl101
Don't be an idiot.
Are you giving self advice?

Mindset
Are you giving self advice? Making sarcastic remarks doesn't make you look like less of an idiot.

Nihilist
Ares calls upon the godwave and destroys Thanos 1000/10 no chance

vansonbee
Making sarcastic remarks doesn't make you look like less of an idiot.
World could be better with one post big grin

First scenarios goes to Ares random fight

Thanos win second Scenario with prep

fangirl101
Making sarcastic remarks doesn't make you look like less of an idiot.
I suppose who's looking makes all the difference. And how much thier opinion matters.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Nihilist
no chance

And what exactly does thanos have in his personal arsenal to trump the Godwave. Not some outside powerup. What does he have. I'm interested to know.

Enyalus
And what exactly does thanos have in his personal arsenal to trump the Godwave. Not some outside powerup. What does he have. I'm interested to know.

THANOS STALEMATED TYRANT AND ODIN COULDNT KILL HIM BOTH ARE SKYFATHER LVL BEINGS LIKE ARES LULZ SO HOW DOES ARES KILL HIM THANOS IS 2 DURABLE HE WINZ 10/10

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>