Star Trek Movie Pics Wtf??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthmaul1
I just found these pics and i have to say WTF
why does the enterprise look even more futuristic than anything we have seen before??

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_15756.html

SpikeSpiegel
I swear, everytime I hear something new about this film I die a little inside...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
I swear, everytime I hear something new about this film I die a little inside...
Why?

roughrider
Is Kirk wearing a black jersey to identify him as Captain?
Maybe not a bad idea, if the colours represent rank and/or area of expertise. Why have him use the same colour as Sulu & Chekov?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by darthmaul1
I just found these pics and i have to say WTF
why does the enterprise look even more futuristic than anything we have seen before??

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_15756.html

Seems good, I'll wait and see

Ahnold
Huh. The uniforms look pretty cool (and very faithful to what came before), and the cast certainly look the part ... but I wonder why they felt the need to change the look of the bridge so drastically (especially when the "classic" look was re-created so successfully in episodes of "TNG" and "ENT"wink?

As always, my thinking on these matters is - if the film is great, and manages to succesfully re-energise the Star Trek franchise, then I can happily live with the changes being made to the canon smile . Let's just hope that they remain largely superficial ones; if there's one thing that gives me hope in that area, it's the presence in this film of one Leonard Nimoy ...

DARTH DADDY
I could be wrong, but are we sure this is the Enterprise? The first captain was not Kirk. Maybe they get the Enterprise later in the film.

tlbauerle
The reason technology is different is we are looking at an alternative timeline for this new Trek. We're dealing with time travel and altered timelines influenced by future technology.

Sadako of Girth
But then does that explaination account for the appearance of the Enterprise in "Enterprise", as opposed to tech that would look like it could evolve into TOS technology.....?

The tech/design in this forthcoming movie appears to bridge "Enterprise" with the 80s movies visually...

Darth Truculent
Why do they have Sylar playing Spock!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Why do they have Sylar playing Spock!

He was hired to hopefully do the character justice

Ushgarak
Because they thought he would be awesome as him, and from what can be told so far they were right.

Sadako of Girth
Absolutely.

Potentially the greatest physical-likeness-in-a-movie-conveyance since Muhammad Ali played himself in "The greatest"(1977).

jaden101
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Absolutely.

Potentially the greatest physical-likeness-in-a-movie-conveyance since Muhammad Ali played himself in "The greatest"(1977).

I'd say the Brandon Routh/Christopher Reeves might have the leonard nimoy/ zach quinto likeness beat.

Sadako of Girth
Heh a good more-recent example.

saintsaucey
I think the Routh Reeve Likeness and Quinto/Nemoy Likeness is pretty much tied, with Quinto Nemoy getting the when due to the vast superiority of the Star Trek Movie compared to Superman Returns

roughrider
This movie is awesome.
So...is anyone complaining about movie pics now?
Anyone dying a little inside still?

Didn't think so.

fini
True dat

darthmaul1
I enjoyed the movie, and to be honest i didn't even think of why the ship looks so different.
Although the transwarp beaming (which i have never ever seen before had me scratching my head) the amount of time that had passed by the time they used the transwarp beaming, the enterprise would of been mulitple light years away.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.