Seven Samurai vs Samurai 7

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Joker1237
I have just watch the hit movie, and seen all the anime base off of the movie. I suppose most of you Anime buffs would pick Samurai 7 over the 1954 classic.

But I going for the movie, that was just a amazing movie, and one of my all time favors, though story wise, there pretty much the same, but what made the movie great was Kikuchiy's redeemtion. He was upset when Kyuzo got the rifle from the bandits, and Kikuchio wanted to prove himself, abounded his post, and got a lot of farmers killed, which also lead to the death of Gorobei. With this lost, Kikuchio just sets at Gorobei's grave, not eating or drinking, and moruing of his screw up.
Than in the last battle, he went out to redeem his mistake, and dieing in the process when he took out the head bandit.

Non of that in the anime. I think it would have been nice to have that in the story were Kikuchio cause the death of one of the seven.

Now dont get me wrong the anime was pretty good, but it seem to have lack something that the movie had.

Also I cant stand when Heihachi has his eyes close most of the time in the anime lol.

Kero_Co
Considering who died first, and the color of my skin, I'm inclined to say Seven Samurai.

Joker1237
Yeah, they died in the WRONG order compare to the movie.

Movie.

Heihachi, Gorobei, Kyuzo and at last Kikuchio.

The anime.
Gorobei gets it first, follow by Heihachi, and only Kyuzo's and Kikuchio's deaths follow the order they died in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.