Bioshock 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

@stroFan
http://pc.ign.com/articles/920/920609p1.html

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/920/920609/bioshock-2-20081016110103450.jpg

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/920/920609/bioshock-2-20081016110105653.jpg

Mairuzu
amazing

Smasandian
Dont really like the name though.

Bioshock to me seems like the sequel should be called Bioshock 2.

Slay
The girl is probably a Little Sister, so the story will probably be focused around the early 70's.

@stroFan
So does Rapture rise to the surface?

@stroFan
Originally posted by @stroFan
So does Rapture rise to the surface?

Teaser Trailer

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/142/14240341/vids_1.html

Neo Darkhalen
Oh this is going to be epic, loved the first game even though it was basically System Shock 2 just a few years behind...i really can't wait Bioshock is one of the best games to come out on this gen consoles.

I do hope they make the final boss harder though!

Originally posted by Slay
The girl is probably a Little Sister, so the story will probably be focused around the early 70's.

It's a prequel to the first Bioshock. no expression

Well at least thats what they (2K) have been saying since they first decided to make this game a series.

Nemesis X
I wonder if 2K will tell us to save our Bioshock files on our 360s. You think the stroy will change through your actions of what you did to the little sisters?

THE JLRTENJAC
Looks good, can't wait to see what they do with this sequel.

Impediment
Cool. I have yet to finish Bioshock, since my 36o and all of my games were stolen in April. I plan to buy the PS3 version very soon.

Nemesis X
So will you be playing Andrew Ryan or some citizen who tries to get out of Rapture? I keep hearing these rumors that Andrew would be playable.

Alpha Centauri
They've only just announced it, give it a chance.

Jeez.

-AC

Smasandian
Yeah, and it wasnt even announced, more like the story broke.

I just dont like the name. All I see is "Field of Dreams".

Peach
Oh, hell yes.

MIŠT
I should probably get around to finishing more than an hour of Bioshockermmnone

Smasandian
Yep, maybe you should.

I replayed it and I definitely stop playing it after Ryan. Would of been a good choice to cut some of that part off.

Nemesis X
I wonder if they'll have Big Daddies in the game.

Smasandian
Probably.

WrathfulDwarf
Couldn't they have come out with more cheesier title?

"Sea of Dreams"?

Sounds like a romantic comedy or a Disney little mermaid sequel.

How about:

"Atlantis of the Dead"

or

"Kraken Metropolis"

maybe

"Ghost Ocean"

I dunno...game should be good. Looking forward to hear more news.

Neo Darkhalen
I completed Bioshock 3 times, twice back to back, a great game i hope the prequel (?) won't disappoint.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I wonder if they'll have Big Daddies in the game. Originally posted by Smasandian
Probably.

How they started out, their origins then maybe, as regular characters like in Bioshock the no, not likely.

Slay
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Oh this is going to be epic, loved the first game even though it was basically System Shock 2 just a few years behind...i really can't wait Bioshock is one of the best games to come out on this gen consoles.

I do hope they make the final boss harder though!

It's a prequel to the first Bioshock. no expression

Well at least thats what they (2K) have been saying since they first decided to make this game a series.
I thought the third one was supposed to be a prequel?

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Slay
I thought the third one was supposed to be a prequel?

No that's apparently going to tie in with the Bioshock movie.

Nemesis X
I really don't care how fruity the title sounds, as long as the gameplay looks good.

Morridini
Teaser: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/bioshock2/video/6199920

Might look like Atlan....Rapture is going to come up to the surface in this one.

Nemesis X
I think the Big Daddies got replaced.

http://kotaku.com/5167756/first-image-of-bioshock-2's-big-sister

Nemesis X
I don't know why it ain't linking but type in the address and you'll get to the site.

KingD19
I think the girl in the trailer is one of the sisters you save in the good ending of Bioshock 1.

General Kaliero
The Big Daddies aren't being replaced. The Big Sister is the new big bad.

You play as a Big Daddy.

BackFire
I have reservations about playing as a big daddy, I hope the game doesn't obscure your view like it did in the first game, especially if it's for the whole game this time.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by General Kaliero
You play as a Big Daddy.

I really do hope that you're not lying about that.

Any evidence?

KingD19
Yeah, check it. You......T-Virus infected baddy you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock_2

Nemesis X
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah, check it. You......T-Virus infected baddy you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock_2

That is the greatest thing I have ever heard. Big Daddies in the first Bioshock knew how to screw Splicers up big time. Can't wait.

I wonder. In Bioshock, the main character had to reach the villain (forgot his name) by sticking with a Little Sister while dressed as a Big Daddy. Were they using that as a hint for the sequel? If so then good hint.

KingD19
The villain was Atlas/Fontaine. He made you kill Ryan, the guy who made Rapture. They probably didn't think about it at first, but caught what the hint would be during development.

Nemesis X
So from what I can gather is that there's only one Big Sister and she's a must avoid, right?

KingD19
Well, from the get go there's only one, but she has been kidnapping little sisters and taking them to make them like her, so they may surprise you by throwing another one at you while you're fighting the original. And to add insult to injury, it'll be one of the little sisters you've collected along the way, and she remembers you.

But yeah, it goes like this.
Bioshock Staying alive = Avoiding Big Daddy
Bioshock 2 Staying alive = Avoiding Big Sister

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
I have reservations about playing as a big daddy, I hope the game doesn't obscure your view like it did in the first game, especially if it's for the whole game this time.

I can't see that happening.

You have plasmids, but how would they work when your a big daddy and covered in metal.

KingD19
They said it would be a different experience than the 1st game, i'm looking forward to seeing it.

General Kaliero
From the screenshots, no, the helmet does not obscure your view.

Originally posted by Smasandian
I can't see that happening.

You have plasmids, but how would they work when your a big daddy and covered in metal.
The left glove has conduits on the palm and fingertips to channel plasmid abilities. The Big Daddy you play as was the prototype, before the ability to use plasmids was engineered out of them.

Final Blaxican
How do you know all this, just curious? You tend to know these little quirks about games and then they turn out true.

You're not magical are you?

Neo Darkhalen
Can't wait for this game, the Big sisters are looking good, can someone clear up, will Ryan and Fontaines power struggled be revisited in this game?

Smasandian
From the screenshots, no, the helmet does not obscure your view.

The left glove has conduits on the palm and fingertips to channel plasmid abilities. The Big Daddy you play as was the prototype, before the ability to use plasmids was engineered out of them.

Well that's awfully convenient. Hhaha.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
How do you know all this, just curious? You tend to know these little quirks about games and then they turn out true.

You're not magical are you?
Yes, I am magical. If I smoke a rolled up sheet of A4 paper in front of a computer and then pass out, my dreams reveal unto me glimpses of the future.

Can't wait for this game, the Big sisters are looking good, can someone clear up, will Ryan and Fontaines power struggled be revisited in this game?
No, the game's 10 years after the first. Though it's been hinted at that in the new areas of Rapture you'll explore, there will be similar entities. Rapture is simply too big for only two men to have ever tried to control it.

Neo Darkhalen
Yes, I am magical. If I smoke a rolled up sheet of A4 paper in front of a computer and then pass out, my dreams reveal unto me glimpses of the future.

No, the game's 10 years after the first. Though it's been hinted at that in the new areas of Rapture you'll explore, there will be similar entities. Rapture is simply too big for only two men to have ever tried to control it.

Interesting, wasn't this game supposed to be a prequel/sequel or is it a full out sequel now?

Nemesis X
So is the Big Daddy you'll be playing look different from the others or will it look the same?

Does anyone think that Bioshock 2 should be in third person?

Neo Darkhalen
So is the Big Daddy you'll be playing look different from the others or will it look the same?

Does anyone think that Bioshock 2 should be in third person?

Not really, no.

Nemesis X
I only thought the game would be in third person because you'll be playing as a Big Daddy. Games that have you playing giant hulking figures are usually in third person view.

Neo Darkhalen
Not all the time, Bioshock 1 was in FPV so I don't see why that would change for 2.

Impediment
I just read the full article in this month's Game Informer magazine. It looks pretty awesome. I really hope that the whole "Big Sister" premise will work to our advantage.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Impediment
I just read the full article in this month's Game Informer magazine. It looks pretty awesome. I really hope that the whole "Big Sister" premise will work to our advantage. Oh, I get it.

You wanna fvck 'em.

Can't blame you man, they are pretty damn sexy.

Nemesis X
Big Daddies, Big sisters, what's next? Big Mothers and Big Brothers?

KingD19
Big Poppa Pump
Big Boi
Big Show
Big Leage Chew
Big Ups

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Final Blaxican

You're not magical are you? Well it's not like it's not common knowledge.

This Big Daddy is a combination of the Rosie and Bouncer I believe, at least in terms of combat. It possesses the Drill of the Bouncer, and the Rivet Gun of the Rosie.

Somehow, you play a Big Daddy that has "gone rogue." It does not have some kind of mental attachment to a Little Sister, and like in the first game, if you kill a Big Daddy, you can Harvest the Little Sister. However your second option, is to adopt the Little Sister as your own. She can then harvest Adam from corpses with her raep needle, and while doing so you must protect her. Later, you can also apparently have the option of "rescuing" her from Rapture, not sure how that will work though.

Right now, the Big Sister is the most obvious antagonist. She is like a Big Daddy, but faster, more agile, with a raep needle similar to a Little Sister's, and can use Plasmids apparently, what I have seen was Telekinesis. As you kill Big Daddies, you upset the order of Rapture, which basically enters Big Sister into PMS mode, where she will actually actively hunt you down. So yeah, basically no matter where you are, you can be impaled by Big Sister's raep needle.

The developers interestingly enough want to make this game more frightening than the first one, which I imagine would be difficult, seeing as you're a Big Daddy lol.

Also, apparently there will be online Multiplayer.

Final Blaxican
Thank god for that. I might be able to actually play through this one then.

Nemesis X
Horror Game + Playing as a Big Daddy = How the hell are you going to get scared when you play as a giant who owns splicers so badly?

ThunderGodEneru
Horror Game + Playing as a Big Daddy = How the hell are you going to get scared when you play as a giant who owns splicers so badly? Well the Big Sister is better than the Big Daddy, and she actively hunts you.

And there will probably be more big baddies and stuff.

Or something. I dunno.

What I am looking most forward to is an epic Big Daddy vs. Big Daddy fight.

Nemesis X
Well they did say that you'll fight other Big Daddies to get the Little Sisters.

I hear the release date for B2 is October 8.

ThunderGodEneru
Well they did say that you'll fight other Big Daddies to get the Little Sisters.

I hear the release date for B2 is October 8. Awesome, ten days before my birthday. big grin

ThunderGodEneru
Not sure if this was posted yet, but here is a small teaser site on Bioshock 2. I think Sea of Dreams was removed from the title honestly lol.

Also, on the upper left document, the guy who signed off's name was Inman. My last name lol.

http://www.somethinginthesea.com/

Neo Darkhalen

I hear the release date for B2 is October 8.

Awesome, can't wait.

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Not sure if this was posted yet, but here is a small teaser site on Bioshock 2. I think Sea of Dreams was removed from the title honestly lol.

Also, on the upper left document, the guy who signed off's name was Inman. My last name lol.

http://www.somethinginthesea.com/

Haha awesome. stick out tongue

BackFire
Multiplayer will be a waste of time for this game. Anything besides Co-op that is.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by BackFire
Multiplayer will be a waste of time for this game. Anything besides Co-op that is. I agree with this.

Honestly, the thought of co-op in general is...Weird. I mean, you're already a Big Daddy, among the strongest beings in Rapture. Fighting along-side another kind of takes the survival aspect of the game out to be honest.

Nemesis X
Multiplayer + Horror Games = A must not.

Nemesis X
2K got rid of the subtitle 'Sea of Dreams'. Good thing they did this because putting something like that on a title of a game where you play as a Big Daddy wouldn't sound right. Sea of Dreams can only be put on a Bioshock game if you play as a Little Sister. Maybe the subtitle should be Sea of Fear. I was thinking about 'Big Daddy Adventures' but I realized that that would sound so T rated.

ThunderGodEneru
Sea of Dreams would have been fine IMO.

It is a reference on Rapture, which was made to be the city of dreams(but we all know how that turned out lol).

ArtificialGlory
'Sea of Dreams' sounds just fine.

Nemesis X
Whoops my bad. I didn't read the whole thing. Turns out that this was just a rumor and 2K said that they're not changing the title embarrasment

ThunderGodEneru
First gameplay video.

http://kotaku.com/5206328/bioshock-2-first-gameplay-footage

Neo Darkhalen
Great vid, I especially like the drill charge towards the end of the vid.

ThunderGodEneru
Indeed, I am very glad they incorporated the dash the Bouncer uses in the game for you to use.

Both the Rivet Gun and Drill look really powerful lol, one-shotting or two-shotting Splicers pretty easily.

That is all I am worried about, as I said before, the horror aspect will be very hard to mantain while you play as a Big Daddy.

Smasandian
Looks pretty impressive I must say.

Hopefully it plays well on the PC.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Couldn't they have come out with more cheesier title?

"Sea of Dreams"?

Sounds like a romantic comedy or a Disney little mermaid sequel.

How about:

"Atlantis of the Dead"

or

"Kraken Metropolis"

maybe

"Ghost Ocean"

I dunno...game should be good. Looking forward to hear more news.

One of those names is good.

Guess which?

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
One of those names is good.

Guess which? Sea of Dreams? mmm

Nemesis X
It's going to be hard making this game a horror while playing as a Big Daddy. Honestly, I really don't care because I'm gonna do what Jack couldn't: make Splicers wet themselves lol.

I wonder if there's an execution move where I can step on a Splicer's head.

ThunderGodEneru
If they make this game like Gears of War, I'm going to be upset.

Neo Darkhalen

You and me both.

XanatosForever
I. ****ing. Loved. Bioshock. ****, I need to get a 360 ASAP.

Gotta get ahold of April GI, too. Man, this is gonna be so good.

Nemesis X

How are they gonna make Bioshock 2 like Gears of War? This game is a FPS and last I checked, games would only be like GoW if they're a TPS.

The only way I see this game being like Gears of War is if there's going to be a god awful boss battle.

Zack Fair
Bioshock will never be like Gears of War.

Bioshock actually has a badass story biscuits

Nemesis X
It sucks that the release date for this game is September 30. I can't wait that long. That's after summer for god sakes.

That gameplay video intrigued me. Those Big Sisters are deadly and it's awesome that you can now travel in the water (wouldn't make sense wearing a diver suit and never going in the water right?). I can't believe Tenenbaum is back. I thought she left Rapture.

Neo Darkhalen
It sucks that the release date for this game is September 30. I can't wait that long. That's after summer for god sakes.

That gameplay video intrigued me. Those Big Sisters are deadly and it's awesome that you can now travel in the water (wouldn't make sense wearing a diver suit and never going in the water right?). I can't believe Tenenbaum is back. I thought she left Rapture.

Anyone who has played the game knows she never left rapture.

King-Fingolfin
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Bioshock will never be like Gears of War.

Bioshock actually has a badass story biscuits

True to that 131

Quincy
Bioshock is the biznitch

Lušh
Agreed! Waiting for this to come out.

Nemesis X
2K keeps talking about the plot, the enemies, and Rapture but there's something missing. When are they gonna give more info about this rogue Big Daddy you'll be playing as? Will it look different from other Big Daddies, does it have free will because Tenenbaum did something to it?

General Kaliero
2K keeps talking about the plot, the enemies, and Rapture but there's something missing. When are they gonna give more info about this rogue Big Daddy you'll be playing as? Will it look different from other Big Daddies, does it have free will because Tenenbaum did something to it?
We already know the player's Big Daddy is different because it's the first prototype. Before free will and the ability to use plasmids was written out of them.

Nemesis X
How come Big Daddies in the previous Bioshock game didn't have plasmids?

Neo Darkhalen
How come Big Daddies in the previous Bioshock game didn't have plasmids?

I guess we will find out during the story, although on a technical point it's so the first game was fair, I mean come on a big elite bouncer is bad enough...add plasmids...on the hardest setting...no chance.

Nemesis X
I guess we will find out during the story, although on a technical point it's so the first game was fair, I mean come on a big elite bouncer is bad enough...add plasmids...on the hardest setting...no chance.

At least it would be challenging and that's what some games need.

Neo Darkhalen
At least it would be challenging and that's what some games need.

There is a difference between challenging and frustratingly impossible.

Although I do agree that games really need to ramp up on the difficulty, I've finished most of my games on the hardest difficulty setting and tbh they haven't been that hard at all.

Nemesis X
they haven't been that hard at all.

Like Godfather 2?

ThunderGodEneru
Although technically not a Bouncer, your Big Daddy has the appearance of one I believe.

Free will and Plasmids were likely written out for good reasons, the free will is obvious, they need to follow orders, the Plasmids, well, Plasmids have the tendency to drive people insane, and Big Daddy's are already super jacked up with ADAM, and an insane Big Daddy just does not sound pleasant.

Nemesis X
I saw somewhere that the Big Daddy you'll be playing as looks down on this puddle and sees its reflection. Guess what it looks like, a friggin Rosie. I was expecting to look like a Bouncer for god sakes. They're the better Big Daddies.

Wolverine2179
Aw damn, i wish the big daddy we are going to play would be the bouncer.

Smasandian
Considering the Big Daddy your playing as involves weapons, the big ass screwdriver and plasmids.

Does it really matter if the sprite is not the Bouncer, or do you guys not like playing a character with a name like Rosie?

Anon E. Mous
The second one

Actually I dont care. I agree with ^

ThunderGodEneru
Also, I just realised something.

This game will not have Andrew Ryan.

Andrew Ryan was far and away THE best character in Bioshock.

Who will this game have to compare?

Nemesis X
Also, I just realised something.

This game will not have Andrew Ryan.

Andrew Ryan was far and away THE best character in Bioshock.

Who will this game have to compare?

What makes you think Ryan would've appeared in the sequel? In the first game he was beaten to death with a golf club.

ThunderGodEneru
What makes you think Ryan would've appeared in the sequel? In the first game he was beaten to death with a golf club. Where in my post did I insinuate I thought Ryan would appear in the game?

I knew he would not, but did not factor that Bioshock lost its most interesting character.

Nemesis X
Honestly I did not find Ryan to be that awesome.

ThunderGodEneru
Honestly you are clearly incorrect in your opinion.

BackFire
Changed thread title to reflect the fact that the subtitle 'Sea of Dreams' is no longer in the title.

Nemesis X
In Bioshock 1, Splicers were scared of Big Daddies but in Bioshock 2, it looks like you're fighting a swarm of them. I think they got over their phobia.

WO Polaski
maybe desperation.

General Kaliero
In Bioshock 1, Splicers were scared of Big Daddies but in Bioshock 2, it looks like you're fighting a swarm of them. I think they got over their phobia.
Most of the ADAM is gone now, so the Splicers will be brave enough to attack a single Big Daddy in a group, for the Little Sister that must be nearby.

ThunderGodEneru
Obviously.

Also, I have never seen a Splicer in Bioshock afraid of a Big Daddy, they almost always try to kill them. no expression

EDIT: Actually who is to say almost all the ADAM is gone? I mean, Jack only explored a small portion of Rapture, and there are many more Little Sisters and as long as there are corpses, they can harvest ADAM.

Nemesis X
I have never seen a Splicer in Bioshock afraid of a Big Daddy, they almost always try to kill them. no expression

Well I guess it's rare to see a Splicer being afraid of a Big Daddy but don't you remember what happened in the first level? Jack was unconcious and there were two Splicers that were about to take his ADAM but they heard a Big Daddy coming and bolted.

One time I saw a Splicer across this room I was in and a Big Daddy was between us. After it left, the Splicer went after me. No joke. Eversince that happened I realized these guys must be really scared of Big Daddies.

THE JLRTENJAC
One time I saw a Splicer across this room I was in and a Big Daddy was between us. After it left, the Splicer went after me. No joke. Eversince that happened I realized these guys must be really scared of Big Daddies.

Well, video game AI generally goes after the player, it's programmed that way. Adds to the experience of the game.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
Well, video game AI generally goes after the player, it's programmed that way. Adds to the experience of the game.

Yeah but it chased me after the Big Daddy was gone.

ThunderGodEneru
Well, I had Natural Camo active, so it didn't see me. May have been why.

steverules_2
I'm looking forward to playing as a big daddy big grin Very, very excited for the sequel

Smasandian
So the discussion is that a splicer chased after the player once the Big Daddy was gone.

And that equals being scared?

Well, I do remember being attacked by splicers when a Big Daddy was in the room, also, the game is programmed so splicers do not attack Big Daddies unless its a scripted event.

And, at the start of the game, you see a Splicer run away when a Big Daddy comes.

So yes, splicers are generally scared off Big Daddies.

ThunderGodEneru
Well like one or two are yeah, but every other time Splicers attack a Big Daddy, they do it en masse.

Smasandian
Well, wouldnt that make sense.

If you scared of something, and your friends are scared of the samething, wouldnt you attack it in force instead of doing it yourself?

steverules_2
I managed to get two big daddy's to fight each other once, I got one with a swarm further on in a level, died then got one near the vita chamber, then the one I got earlier came after me and then I jumped out the way and hit the other big daddy and then once one of the big daddy's had won I just killed that one then saved both little sisters big grin Good times

Gooogle Bot
http://www.epicbattleaxe.com/main/2009/5/8/bioshock-2-multiplayer-detailed.html

ThunderGodEneru
That didn't explain shit about the actual gameplay of the Multiplayer.

Neo Darkhalen
There is no Co-op story mode right?

Nemesis X
Turns out you can actually scare off Splicers in Bioshock 2. In the OXM, 2K said that when you kill a group of splicers there may be one left and that last Splicer will run away.

Gooogle Bot
That didn't explain shit about the actual gameplay of the Multiplayer. It didn't but it confirmed that there is gonna be multiplayer.

ThunderGodEneru
That has been confirmed for ages sir.

THE JLRTENJAC
Gameplay

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/10730-new-video-shows-9-mins-of-bioshock-2-footage/

ThunderGodEneru
Is looking pretty good, I like how you can use the drill as a drill but also as a bludgeoning weapon lol.

Neo Darkhalen
Just to bring to everyones attention.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59516
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=99935
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/13/bioshock-2-delayed-to-fiscal-2010/

Yeah...I am sad now.

NemeBro
Means it will probably be better.

Nemesis X
Just to bring to everyones attention.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59516
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=99935
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/13/bioshock-2-delayed-to-fiscal-2010/

Yeah...I am sad now.

WTH IS THIS BS?! First stupid Eidos delays Arkham Asylum and now Take-Two delays Bioshock 2 too?! ARRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHH THE RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by NemeBro
Means it will probably be better.

I agree only good can come from a delay (at least I hope so) still I'm a little disappointed I know this won't be the same for everyone else, but Bioshock 2 was my big game this year; I was looking forward to this more then MWII.

Nemesis X
Take-Two has pissed into the waters of Bioshock and contaminated all life. Thanks for delaying Bioshock 2 you jackasses.

Smasandian
Would you rather play a shitty game now?

Or a great game in 6 months?

Nemesis X
Would you rather play a shitty game now?

Or a great game in 6 months?

I want to play a great game but waiting for six months is gonna buy up some of my lifetime.

They can at least release a 2 hour long demo or something to prevent fans from sending flame mail to them.

Peach
Oh stop your whining. I'm not at all surprised that they're delaying it. Games get delayed. Most of the time, it's well worth it. So I think you'll live. Most people will be like "Oh, that sucks" and just move on and play something else in the meantime.

They've probably delayed it because of the multiplayer, which is still being worked on, I believe.

BackFire
Game's gonna be a disappointment anyways.

Wolverine2179
Damn, seems that 2009 is the year where a shitload of games get delayed.

End of 2007 to end of 2008 for me at least was the so called "gaming era" as in there were plenty of games to purchase(Mass effect pc, call of duty 4, spore, farcry 2 etc...) but this year almost every game i want to play gets delayed(aliens colonial marines, batman AA , sims 3, dragon age).

Oh well what to do? Got to wait.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Peach
Oh stop your whining. I'm not at all surprised that they're delaying it. Games get delayed. Most of the time, it's well worth it. So I think you'll live. Most people will be like "Oh, that sucks" and just move on and play something else in the meantime.

They've probably delayed it because of the multiplayer, which is still being worked on, I believe.

I think the whole game is still being worked on, not just the MP.

They just signed another developer to help out with the development. So that's four developers working on it, but not one is 2k Boston.

Peach
I think the whole game is still being worked on, not just the MP.

They just signed another developer to help out with the development. So that's four developers working on it, but not one is 2k Boston.

Oh, I'm sure the entire game is still being worked on. I just know for a fact that the multiplayer isn't even close to being finished.

Nemesis X

Delaying a game because of multiplayer is just silly. Why can't most games be focused on their single player?

Peach
Because people bitched that there was no multiplayer in the first Bioshock. Considering that it's one of the few games that I'm interested in playing multiplayer for, I don't really care.

Nemesis X
Because people bitched that there was no multiplayer in the first Bioshock.

I can't believe this game is delayed because of a bunch of emos *sigh*.

Kazenji
Heres hoping it does'nt end up as Biocrash 2.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kazenji
Heres hoping it does'nt end up as Biocrash 2.

If the game reeks then it'll be called Biosock 2.

Kazenji
not what i was referring to.......

with Bioshock 1 for the 360 it had a bad case of freezing up.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kazenji
not what i was referring to.......

with Bioshock 1 for the 360 it had a bad case of freezing up.

I've played and beaten Bioshock 1 on 360 and I never came across any freeze ups. Any chance your disc was scratched?

Kazenji
Nope and i'm not the only if you go to the 2K forums they're going on about it.

Neo Darkhalen
I've finished Bioshock 6 times now, 3 times in a row at one point, I have had around a total of 2 freeze ups, that's counting all 6 playthroughs.

So I'm guessing it may just be certain copies of the game, that or I have been very lucky.

Smasandian
I've played it twice, not one freezeup.

I wouldn't be surprised with 2k and freezeups considering their sports franchises are brutal for them.

Neo Darkhalen
Apparently and if someone can find a credible link for this. Bioshock 2 is coming out june 2010

NemeBro
Meh, means I will have something to do for Summer.

Nemesis X
Bioshock 2 is coming out june 2010

Nemesis X was here

*Hangs himself*

X X
___
l_l

Smasandian
Originally posted by NemeBro
Meh, means I will have something to do for Summer.

In 2010, it seems to me that alot of gamers will have alot to do. Alot of games are coming out mid 2010.

Nemesis X
Take-Two dropped 13 percent of its stock after announcing that they're delaying Bioshock 2. Serves them right.

Neo Darkhalen
Take-Two dropped 13 percent of its stock after announcing that they're delaying Bioshock 2. Serves them right.

Not really, because a delay WILL ONLY MAKE THE GAME BETTER!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>