The Ultimate Hero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Let's say that you learned that a very dangerous and powerful high-herald level villain is planning to attack your city and that's all the info you have, and you can only call one hero from the list below to come defend your city, who would you call and why?

Superman - Earth's Adopted Son

Hal Jordan - The Personification of Willpower

Silver Surfer - Protector of the Cosmos

Thor - The God Who Walks Amongst Men

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7015/301057-147890-superman_super.jpghttp://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1481/85199-157448-hal-jordan_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/981/87138-63067-silver-surfer_super.jpghttp://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/150352-20151-thor_super.jpg

DigiMark007
Not Superman. Probably not Hal. Just as much power/versatility as the Marvels, but also more noticeable weaknesses in both. It would be possible to get unlucky with a villain who could exploit them.

I'd flip a coin between the Marvel duo. No glaring weaknesses in either, and loads of power/versatility.

ultimatethor
Gotta go with surfer. He is the out and out most powerful and since i dont know the villain, its best to be on the safe side

vansonbee
I call on the Silver Surfer.
He can materialize any object or food that the city needs.
Can heal the injured or evolve the people of the city to super beings and fight the EVIL together. rolling on floor laughing

The abilities:
Power Cosmic enable Surfer to do these.
1.Amp his strength
2.Move in light-speed
3.Energy blasts
4.Very Durable to any assault, physically or energy projectiles
5.Resistance to Telepathic assaults.

My other heroes listing:
Silver Surfer
Thor
Superman
GL- funny if that evil herald counters his energy base ring. laughing out loud

Great scenarios thread idea OP!

Acrosurge
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'd flip a coin between the Marvel duo. No glaring weaknesses in either, and loads of power/versatility. ^This. I'm swinging more toward the Surfer on sheer power, speed, and versatility. He'd be able to cover more territory than Thor, IMO.

DigiMark007
Just for his speed, yeah, probably Surfer. I feel like there's no drop in power/versatility between Surfer and Thor though, and there's certain types of villains that Thor would actually do better against. His energy soak is pretty much unmatched in all of comics, for example (Sub-Skyfather and below, of course)

Enyalus
...I'm gonna be stupid and say Superman.

I mean, I'd pick Silver Surfer, but he's too much of a pacifist. He holds back too much...otherwise he'd just do "I could squash them with a gesture. I could expand the orbits of their atoms until they phased out of reality. I could boil their fluids, crumple their machines, build singularities in their eyes - all without effort." and win nearly every fight with ease.

Thor is the same way. Rulk fight for instance, he chose not to use the Odinforce. WTF not?

Superman holds back, true. But he does what he needs to do to win, regardless.

darthgoober
Supes is good but he's got too many exploitable weaknesses and not enough versatility for an undisclosed threat.

Hal's good too, but being a human who's powers are dependant on willpower has it's own share of potential problems.

Thor would be a great choice if it weren't for his "warrior's spirit" that causes him to take serious lumps before he uses his hammer for anything useful.

And that leaves...

Surfer. Power, speed, versatility, Surfer's got it all. It might take a minute before he gets serious and stops trying to talk the villain into leaving peacefully, but once he gets past that point there's no one in his tier that you'd rather have in your corner unless you know specific details about your foe that would make one of the others a better choice(like a vulnerability to magic or something to that effect).

vansonbee
Originally posted by Enyalus
...I'm gonna be stupid and say Superman.

I mean, I'd pick Silver Surfer, but he's too much of a pacifist. He holds back too much...otherwise he'd just do "I could squash them with a gesture. I could expand the orbits of their atoms until they phased out of reality. I could boil their fluids, crumple their machines, build singularities in their eyes - all without effort." and win nearly every fight with ease.

Thor is the same way. Rulk fight for instance, he chose not to use the Odinforce. WTF not?

Superman holds back, true. But he does what he needs to do to win, regardless. Well SS gonna protect me and my city of personal females slaves. So why would he hold back for my account sad and of course Enyalus your invited. lolz

Enyalus
Originally posted by vansonbee
Well SS gonna protect me and my city of personal females slaves. So why would he hold back for my account sad and of course Enyalus your invited. lolz

In that case, I'd say screw my city and order Supes to come to Vason's city and chill with Surfer, offering double protection. Could have Surfer generate a bunch of yellow sunlight and amp him up. wink While they're fighting, you and I will be handling the women.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Enyalus
In that case, I'd say screw my city and order Supes to come to Vason's city and chill with Surfer, offering double protection. Could have Surfer generate a bunch of yellow sunlight and amp him up. wink While they're fighting, you and I will be handling the women. Did I mention they're females with penis? Just like some of girls on KMC does*
^^ I ask SS to transform my gender, so that make it up k?

k no more homo jokes durband from me

ultimatethor
Yeah i agree with goober thors warrior mentality will seriously hinder him. He is likely to slug it out with the guy first causing huge damage to the city and putting people in danger. Its only after thor has gone physically toe to tote and failed that he will start thinking of using his more exotic powers. By that time part of the city wud be destroyed.

Enyalus
Originally posted by vansonbee
Did I mention they're females with penis? Just like some of girls on KMC does*
^^ I ask SS to transform my gender, so that make it up k?

Aw, that's messed up. I'm taking my Superman and going home. stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Any of these characters generally holds back, tries to talk it out, or fights below peak before cutting loose. I don't think we should be allowed to invoke CIS against one character but not all of them.

Obviously I'm in agreement with Surfer, though there are possible villains that Thor would be more suited to handle, but we don't know which villain it is or their power set.

darthgoober
Any of these characters generally holds back, tries to talk it out, or fights below peak before cutting loose. I don't think we should be allowed to invoke CIS against one character but not all of them.

Obviously I'm in agreement with Surfer, though there are possible villains that Thor would be more suited to handle, but we don't know which villain it is or their power set.
I accounted for all that wink .

fangirl101
Orion.
Thor.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by darthgoober
I accounted for all that wink .

Don't get too cocky, goob. Just because you're favorite character defines his tier and leads it in total power doesn't mean you can gloat. Thor does lead the lifetime series something like 2-0.

stick out tongue

Badabing
Originally posted by Starscream M
Let's say that you learned that a very dangerous and powerful high-herald level villain is planning to attack your city and that's all the info you have, and you can only call one hero from the list below to come defend your city, who would you call and why?

Thor - The God Who Walks Amongst Men Originally posted by fangirl101
Orion.
Thor. dur

stick out tongue

Stoic
Superman is king of this thread. He sells more comics.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Badabing
dur

stick out tongue
He says other.

Starscream M
My 2 cents:

I would not choose Thor because his speed (or lack thereof) seriously gives me some major concerns...I prefer a hero who can get from point A to point B very fast.

I would not choose Hal for the fact that he is a mere mortal behind that ring of his...

It's kinda tough between Surfer and Superman. Surfer is the more versatile one and perhaps the more powerful of the two, but I would ultimately choose Superman. Superman has a better attitude imo in fighting villains....he's more apt to go all out and he just seems more fierce a defender than Surfer would be. Surfer's a bit aloof, whereas Superman will bring his A game from the getgo.

So my ultimate choice is Superman.

Badabing
Originally posted by fangirl101
He says other. The word other doesn't appear in the opening post. shrugOriginally posted by Starscream M

I'd pick Supes or Thor. Hal can be emo and Surfer is too philisophical.

Starscream M

I'd flip a coin between the Marvel duo. No glaring weaknesses in either, and loads of power/versatility. um Thor's lack of speed is a major weakness imo

also, Surfer's personality is what puts Superman over him for me personally

DigiMark007
lol at Bada giving fangirl a hard time. It's listed in the poll, but it's amusing nonetheless.

Orion would NOT make a good choice, btw. From "other" I'd consider Adam Warlock (classic), Alan Scott, and Majestic. Any of which could hold their own in this discussion.

um Thor's lack of speed is a major weakness imo

also, Surfer's personality is what puts Superman over him for me personally

He can fly 3x the speed of light, has reacted beyond the human eye's comprehension, and has absorbed blows from those as fast as Surfer. It's a valid point, but his speed as a weakness is embellished on this forum. And he's defending a city, not a solar system or something. His power/versatility puts him beyond any but Surfer, imo.

fangirl101
lol at Bada giving fangirl a hard time. It's listed in the poll, but it's amusing nonetheless.

Orion would NOT make a good choice, btw. From "other" I'd consider Adam Warlock (classic), Alan Scott, and Majestic. Any of which could hold their own in this discussion.
Really. The new most powerful Top tier is going to be the new Magog.

As strong as KC Superman but as powerful as Alan Scott. Geez.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by fangirl101
Really. The new most powerful Top tier is going to be the new Magog.

As strong as KC Superman but as powerful as Alan Scott. Geez.

Debatable. A character has an epic jobber aura when first created, or when they appear after an absence, that lasts for maybe 10 issues or so (give or take). After that they become more mundane. Beatable. Let's wait for some feats on that one before deciding. Because if that line is the height of his hype, my guess is that he'll end up looking like a low herald before the end of his run with JSA.

Enyalus
Hell. If we can choose other, I'm picking Thanos.

And before anyone says, "He's not a hero!" - he's saved the entire universe, what, four times? And God Himself chose him to wield infinite power? Good enough for me. big grin

DigiMark007
lol. It's limited to High Herald dummy. Go check the tiers thread.

stick out tongue

Enyalus
It's limited to High Herald dummy. Go check the tiers thread.

stick out tongue

Ha. I knew what Thanos was listed as. I just forgot the stipulation of the OP. Oh well...

DigiMark007
No worries. Just didn't want this turning into Thanos/DS or something.

wink

Enyalus
No worries. Just didn't want this turning into Thanos/DS or something.

*checks Tiers thread*

Photon. (Genis) stick out tongue

Everything Surfer can do, but way, way, way f*cking better.

Starscream M

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7015/301057-147890-superman_super.jpghttp://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1481/85199-157448-hal-jordan_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/981/87138-63067-silver-surfer_super.jpghttp://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/150352-20151-thor_super.jpg updated OP with some badass pics...courtesy of Bada

darthgoober
Don't get too cocky, goob. Just because you're favorite character defines his tier and leads it in total power doesn't mean you can gloat. Thor does lead the lifetime series something like 2-0.

stick out tongue
You know what's funny? Surfer's not even my favorite hero overall, he's just the easiest of my favorites to debate for. Adam Warlock is the whole reason I got into comics, it's just a lot tougher to debate from his corner than Norrin. But when I'm looking to read a book for the story content alone, Surfer takes a distant second.

OneDumbG0
Surfer.

Starscream M
based on the polls, Superman and Surfer are the clear favorites and in a neck and neck race

I'm kinda surprised Thor is not getting any votes though

kgkg
Silver Surfer V1-V3 was classic loved every single issue on it V4 was trash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.