Revolutionary Road

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morning_Glory
starring :
Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Kathy Bates, David Harbour, and Michael Shannon.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/Angelina1322/revolutionary-road_photoshoot_001jp.jpg

The story of a young couple trying to find fulfillment in an age of conformity. Trapped in a world of encoded convention, they dream without faith, as lies and self-deceptions build to explosive consequences.

DSTQtrDB7_E

siriuswriter
This looks exciting. It'll be interesting to see the Kate/Leo pair in a new movie since both of them have gained major acting chops since Titanic.

And the premise of the new movie sounds pretty dang cool as well.

SnakeEyes
I'll watch this, I usually like Sam Mendes' films.

Mr Parker
Man it looks like I missed this movie.I wanted to see it really bad cause it looks really good from the trailers but it looks like it was already relleased in 2008. sad I never even remember it being in the theaters. mad

jinXed by JaNx
Oh man, this movie is incredibly depressing. I was not expecting this. The story emits no hope for the characters what so ever. It is a good movie and although i couldn't accept Dicaprio as the character he played, Kate Winslet did a great job.

Mairuzu
I'll be seeing it

Robtard
Good movie, was slow and plodding, but extremely well acted, it also showed a side of the American 50's which differs from the 'happy working father, happy home making mother and ever gleeful kids' we're accustomed to.

Definitely worth the watching.

fruits
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Man it looks like I missed this movie.I wanted to see it really bad cause it looks really good from the trailers but it looks like it was already relleased in 2008. sad I never even remember it being in the theaters. mad

Don't you fret, it hasn't been released wide yet. We don't get it where I live until the 23rd, so that could be the case for you.

Anyway, I really really want to see this movie, I think it looks great. Sam Mendes is an incredible director, American Beauty is in my top 5 movies of all time.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I'll be seeing it

Im wondering if they pushed back the release date in some parts of the country.They said it was released in late christmas but I havent seen it listed in the papers here in my city.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by fruits
Don't you fret, it hasn't been released wide yet. We don't get it where I live until the 23rd, so that could be the case for you.

Anyway, I really really want to see this movie, I think it looks great. Sam Mendes is an incredible director, American Beauty is in my top 5 movies of all time.

Okay then.since it hasnt been released wide yet I must be in the same boat you are and it probably wont come out in my area either till later this month as well.I see.at first I didnt want to see thsi cause i cant stand Leo.But as i said,the movie looks really good from the trailers so it looks to be like a good one so far.I'll just have to be patient on this one.

BruceSkywalker
I love the novel more than I loved the film..

Always been a fan of both Kate and Leo though

krisha1
This is an absolutely amazing movie, fantastic! simply sensational

liebe911
Oh it This movie has got good reviews , hope i don't miss them in the cinemas

Mr Parker
Now that its finally out in theaters in my area now no way will I miss this film even though I cant stand Leo.The movie looks just too good.

SnakeEyes
Caught this tonight. I thought it was very good, definitely not uplifting in any way. If you're looking for a good date movie, maybe consider something else. That said though, Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet were both extremely good and Sam Mendes is a skilled director. I haven't read the Richard Yates novel, but I'm more motivated now that I've seen the film. If you've ever been in a relationship gone sour, you'll probably find something to relate to in this movie.

rhosze
I think it'd be a good date movie... you can comfort your date while she sobs through the whole thing...

rhosze
Also definitely depressing, but didn't leave you entirely hopeless...

Walker.I
I saw it awhile back, but despite being well acted and engaging it didn't do anything for me. I'm not a fan.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by rhosze
Also definitely depressing, but didn't leave you entirely hopeless...

Maybe I'm not remembering something, but I'd disagree. I can't remember any form of hope from this film.

fruits
I loved this movie, I thought it was a practically a masterpiece. An incredible story....i really want to check out the novel....great acting, and sam mendes has always been one of my fav directors....great film over all.

Juno22
I can't wait to see this one... so happy to see Kate and Leo reunited on the big screen!

Kate looked so gorgeous at the Westwood premiere and Leo was handsome as always smile

http://cdn-images.hollywood.com/cms/300x375/5367360.jpg

More Pics>>http://www.hollywood.com/photo_gallery/ Premiere_Gallery_World_Premiere_of_Revolutionary_R
oad/5367130

Mr Parker
I finally saw this movie after all this time and I was really let down.It looked really really good from the previews but this is another one of those movies i would list as not living up to how great it looked from the previews.very boring and disappointing for me.should have remained just a novel and not made into a movie imo.Winsler sure looks a hell of a lot better in that pic than she does in the movie.She has lost her great looks she had when she was younger in the days when she did Titanic.

Laura Palmer
It's amazing film, will probably go into my favourites list very soon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.