Yoism?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Null ARC Avis
Anyone ever heard of it? it looks rather interesting... www.yoism.org

Grand-Moff-Gav
No I haven't.

Seems pointless.

DigiMark007
Browsed the website a bit:

Substitute Yo with Tao. Then go read the Tao Te Ching. Much more fulfilling than that stuff.

To it's credit, it's an earnest (though bland) attempt at creating a vaguely pantheistic religion that doesn't do anything harmful. So yeah, partially pointless, but also not negative. It also takes an inexplicable, though still commendable, stand against creation "science," which is odd given the non-combative nature of most of the site. And they have some useful links to both intelligent and amusing sources that range from lectures on quantum physics to South Park episodes.

Otherwise, not much of value. It's re-packaged pantheism, given a bunch of New Age adjectives to make it sound more fulfilling than it really is.

DigiMark007
I also prefer the Jediism website to that one. For basing itself off of a movie (and other medium) franchise, it's remarkably coherent, although not appreciably different from many strains of Buddhism (though far cooler, since Buddhists don't get lightsabers!)

lightsaber

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I also prefer the Jediism website to that one. For basing itself off of a movie (and other medium) franchise, it's remarkably coherent, although not appreciably different from many strains of Buddhism (though far cooler, since Buddhists don't get lightsabers!)

lightsaber

Haruhiism is still better. God only lets things exist while they're interesting. She's also a callous but non-violent sociopath.

Deja~vu
Digi, didn't you used to be a pagan or do I have you confused with someone else?

anaconda
which would be my way of describing religions in a dictionary

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Digi, didn't you used to be a pagan or do I have you confused with someone else?

Nah, not that I recall. I went through a Buddhist-into-Taoist phase following my leaving of Catholicism, followed by ever-deepening degrees of agnosticism followed by atheism and then abject materialism. Paganism's one of the few I never actually touched upon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.