Horror Movies You LOVE To Watch With Friends

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Selphie
Do any of you guys have a little get together, or a party, or even just hang out with your friends, and watch scary movies together?

Are there any specific ones you like to watch with friends?

Which ones have you watched with friends lately?

Do you guys mock the movie? Or do you sit quietly and watch it?

My friends and I usually just go to the theaters, but I really do prefer going to someone's house, and watching some old flicks. Last time my friends and I watched a horror movie together at someone's house, we watched the remake of Night of the Living Dead, and we basically just made fun of it the whole time, it was a blast. There was a zombie that I thought resembled Billy Idol, so everytime I'd see that zombie, I'd start singing a random Billy Idol song.

Share some stories!

MildPossession
I wouldn't sit in a room with people who talk or mock through the whole film when it's one I haven't seen. Can't stand that sort of thing.

Unless it's one we have all seen and it's something like a horror fest for Halloween and so on. smile

Selphie
Originally posted by MildPossession
I wouldn't sit in a room with people who talk or mock through the whole film when it's one I haven't seen. Can't stand that sort of thing.

Unless it's one we have all seen and it's something like a horror fest for Halloween and so on. smile

Same for me, it'd have to be a movie I knew, or else if I magically knew it was going to be a load of crap, then I'd talk during it. But if it's a movie I've been eyeing, I'd watch it alone.

deathbycorn
I watch Jaws with my friends or by myself everytime its on TV.

Its like a religion for me to watch Jaws EVERYTIME its on.

siriuswriter
I love watching Hitchock movies with my friends - especially if I've seen the film and they haven't. The surprise that Hitchcock is actually sometimes terrifying is another point for me and my campaign to get people to watch "old" movies. smile

MildPossession
Hitchcock films are fabulous.

kodak
my friends and i watch "The Signal" a lot.

its a great movie.

ArdRigh
I always promote Hannibal Lecter's and Saw series to my friends. Btw, Saw 5 seems to be nice.

WrathfulDwarf
I rarely watch horror films with friends. We always end up making jokes or don't take the film seriously and then I really lose track of the story.

Last film we saw with a group of friends was Eraserhead.

BackFire
Return of the Living Dead is a group favorite, it's just so much fun.

From Dusk till Dawn is another

As is the original Dawn of the Dead and Zombi 2.

Bada's Palin
I don't see how you can watch horrors with your friends.

Mine normally comment ALL the way through, the only thing I can watch with them are action and comedy... Anything that relies on suspense, no way...

BackFire
My friends only do that if the movie is shitty, so it's a non issue for me. But I see your point, and yeah usually I don't watch horror films that I've not seen before with my friends. But the ones I listed are films I've seen many times and I love watching them with friends and just having fun and talking and laughing and all that.

kodak
Originally posted by BackFire
Return of the Living Dead is a group favorite, it's just so much fun.

From Dusk till Dawn is another

As is the original Dawn of the Dead and Zombi 2. now that is awesome.

Discos
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre was a film I will always remember watching with a bunch of friends (lads and lassies). I loved it, you felt as you were being chased by Leatherface and my heart was poundin, awesome.

MildPossession
I remember watching Nightmare On Elm Street at a sleepover(think it was eight or so of us at the sleepover) when I was little, naturally we were all quiet through the film because we were terrified, ha ha.

cropsy_is_god
I brought a girl home one evening after a little date and asked her what film she wanted to watch. She said something really disgusting so i put on AU's Mordum and 20 mins into it she called me a sick F**k and walked out my house lol. Guess she didn't enjoy the penis snipping.

Deadly_Friend
Gotta agree with Backfire on the Return of the Living Dead front. A few years ago my group of friends used to host an annual "movie night" every two weeks. Whenever it was my turn to host it was either "80's slasher/franchise or zombie night". How I miss those days!

One night we watched this woefully crappy film called Mr. Jingles which I highly recommend anyone planning a movie night with a group of friends should seek out.

cropsy_is_god
Selphie have you seen The Burning ? I'd recommend it to anyone who loves classic 80's style slashers.

Selphie
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
Selphie have you seen The Burning ? I'd recommend it to anyone who loves classic 80's style slashers.

Hah yeah, I have. Pretty good one, I'd only invite some true horror fans though, because I'm sure my other friends that don't like horror would get very annoyed, hahaha.

HueyFreeman
Demons 1 and 2 is a group favorite with my friends. So is Evil Dead, TCM, and Night of the Demons.

redrum69
My friends and i watch anything ZOMBIE or just alot of blood... The last "scary" moive i watched was SHROOMS.. I had never seen it before but I spent the whole time making fun of it because you could tell what was happening before it happened. I hate movies like that.

John flair
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was a film I love to watch. it is a real horror film filled with passion and thrill.....

CATMANEXE
anything that involves horrible mutilation and rape, preferably
after their dead...just so i can laugh during those scenes and then
look at my friends with intent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.