What's This Game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Davehead
I need help identifying a game I saw my older brother play when I was 4 or so. As far as I can remember, it had the player as a soldier fighting through a jungle. I think the enemies were mostly human with some bats, but it's hard to say. As a kid, you don't really pay attention to the grunts. The boss was a fairly large humanoid who was colored weird (either blue, grey, or purple) and my brother told me he was an alien. When my brother lost to the boss, the boss walked over to him and took out his heart. Then the screen went to snow (like fuzz, or interference). My brother said he took out his heart and crushed it in his hand. I seem to recall him playing it on the computer, and the graphics weren't that good at all. Kind of Commodore 64-ish. Anyway, any help in identifying this game would definitely be appreciated.

Menetnashté
Contra kind of comes to mind.

Neo Darkhalen

Davehead
Yeah it came to mind for me too, but I've played it and there doesn't seem to be an alien who takes out your heart and crushes it. In fact, there aren't many games that have cinematic deaths, especially ones specific to boss fights.

AverageSavage
Along time ago me and my friend played this game on the N64.
It was a rail shooter, and i think the enemies were robots. They might not have been robots, but they weren't organic. I had co-op aswell.

Davehead
And it wasn't Knife Edge: Nose Gunner?

ragesRemorse
Did you play as a ninja?

b00mersl8
Interesting looking, never really played it.

Any current game that is like it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.