New Joker Graphic Novel Preview

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the1truelegend
Just a heads up, Blogciety.com has posted a 13 page preview of the new Joker graphic novel and it looks great! I'm definitely going to pick it up. I had read it's coming out at the end of October but then I saw that it's coming early November. Anybody know the exact date??? Oh, they also have a review of the novel as well. Enjoy!

SnakeEyes
Yep, I've been looking forward to this for a little while now, looks good. I've had trouble finding an exact release date too, I've read Oct. 22nd, Oct. 29th and like, Nov. 4th. Either way, I'll be picking it up whenever it comes out.

Master Crimzon
As I've mentioned to Kovac in the 'future castings' thread, IGN said that this book may be the best Joker story ever. Comparable to Killing Joke.

Kovacs86
Oddly enough, Amazon.co.uk claims it came out October 7th, yet they also say it's currently unavailable...

Anyway, I can't wait for this. It had better live up all this hype now...

Master Crimzon
Right, this thread's a little old, but I just wanna say I got my hands on it. Don't ask how. The point is, though, I've read some of it and I'll post my final verdict on it yesterday, when I re-read it. While not tired. It's actually pretty complicated- the story's simple and all, but the character study is multi-dimensional and interesting.

I'll tell you that I have never seen the Joker like this before. I guess he's somewhat similar to Ledger, but... well, read it and you'll understand.

SnakeEyes
I bought/read this. I enjoyed it! This graphic novel definitely offers an examination of the Joker's character that we've not seen before. It's also pretty violent/gritty, which is nice, I don't want a Joker story for little kiddies. Overall though, it's a solid story told in a unique way (from the perspective of one of Joker's thugs).

Master Crimzon
The Joker's gang in this book is, hands-down, the greatest Joker gang ever.

I wasn't too satisified with the portrayal of Harley Quinn, though.

Scythe
It was alright, milked the whole Heath Ledger look a little too much imo, but it was good nonetheless.

AC/DC'S_LVR
read it
rocks
cant say if i like it better than The Killing Joke though mhmm

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
read it
rocks
cant say if i like it better than The Killing Joke though mhmm

THE KILLING JOKE IS THE BEST

AC/DC'S_LVR
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
THE KILLING JOKE IS THE BEST
i concur

Darth Jello
This book has possibly the single most disturbing image I've seen in a comic. You know what I'm talking about.

AC/DC'S_LVR
Originally posted by Darth Jello
This book has possibly the single most disturbing image I've seen in a comic. You know what I'm talking about.
is it the one where he skinned the one dood?
not that disturbing really for me anyways

Darth Jello
You nailed it. The idea is just horrifying as is the image.

AC/DC'S_LVR
since its the Joker were talkin bout
not really laughing out loud
i like the confrontation in he zoo the best
when Harley shot everyone as the gorilla and the Joker cut Two-Face up with that gnarely hand

Johnffrey87
Could someone post some scans?

Kovacs86
No. Buy it. It isn't that expensive. Yes, I'm a hypocrite.

AC/DC'S_LVR
i just downloaded it as a pdf srug

Scythe
Aw, but you miss out on not buying it. Seeing the extra stuff not worth shaking a stick at. The hardcover has a nice texture and it's just a nifty book to own.

AC/DC'S_LVR
i might if i can get some money
theres a Borders at a supermall that were going to for band next month, ill find it then

Jovan
what's the name of the novel? Hopefully I can track it down here

Kovacs86
The Joker. That's it. Pretty simple.

Try... http://www.amazon.com/Joker-Brian-Azzarello/dp/1401215815/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236627397&sr=8-1

AC/DC'S_LVR
i have a WinRar file of it but its kinda hard to read it as individual .jpgs

MisterAJ
Read it...

A great read...

thumb up thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.