Megadeth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Shindiggery
This thread is for discussing the great band that is Megadeth.

Considered one of the big four of thrash metal and rival band to Metallica. Starting out in 1983, Megadeth have dominated the world with their music and classic albums such as Peace Sells But Who`s Buying and Rust In Peace. And songs such as Sweating Bullets and Hanger 18, what do you think of them?

http://www.anthemwebservices.com/annie/Megadeth.jpg

jaden101
Dave Mustaine is one of the best riff makers there has ever been and doesn't get the recognition he deserves....great band that have done some immense stuff over the years but it's been mixed with more than it's fair share of crap as well...i think they're not considered as highly as metallica because Mustaine's vocals are an aquirred taste

Mr Shindiggery
Originally posted by jaden101
Dave Mustaine is one of the best riff makers there has ever been and doesn't get the recognition he deserves....great band that have done some immense stuff over the years but it's been mixed with more than it's fair share of crap as well...i think they're not considered as highly as metallica because Mustaine's vocals are an aquirred taste

Very true and I think lyrically Megadeth are better then Metallica and Dave Mustaine will be longed remember after he is gone and so will Megadeth imo.

wicker_man
Dave Musatine is a great guitarist, however his personality leaves alot to be desired. I really don't know if he's actually over his 'beef' with Metallica (or more to the point; Ulrich, Hetfield and Hammett) and well after getting Rotting Christ kicked off a tour on the grounds he didn't like what they stood for well he went even further down in my estimations.

Mr Shindiggery
Originally posted by wicker_man
Dave Musatine is a great guitarist, however his personality leaves alot to be desired. I really don't know if he's actually over his 'beef' with Metallica (or more to the point; Ulrich, Hetfield and Hammett) and well after getting Rotting Christ kicked off a tour on the grounds he didn't like what they stood for well he went even further down in my estimations.

I saw a documentry on Megadeth recently and it had a huge emphasis on Musatine and these days he seems more clean from all the drug taking and it appears that he is over the beef with Metallica. Although personaly speaking I don`t think he will never be over it as that was one of the core reasons he formed Megadeth to beat his former band.

Discos
oh man I could go on how awesome Megadeth is all day long!

My 2nd favourite band of all time, and definatly Mustaine is such a frickin great riff maker. Out of all the bands I have seen live, I have to give it to Megadeth for being the tighest, they hardly get anything wrong and give it their all to please the fans.

I have been a fan of Megadeth for about 9years now, first listening to the song Peace Sells. Just fell in love.

I have most of their albums and I am totally adicted to Youthanasia and Peace Sells. I am very impressed with their new material as well, they aint lost the touch with newer titles as "The System Has Failed" and "United Abomanations".

Definatly going to see them again live and is the only Live DVD I watch in my car.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.