Sundipped Superman vs Superboy Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Kal-el stays in the Sun's core for a full week.

Who wins?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/75940-49875-superman_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/25732/498609-superboy_prime_2_super.jpg

TheBadguy
Superman will fly him to the source wall at 50bajillionx the speed of light, or turn a big wheel, or slap him with an infinity paged book, Superman can't lose amiright?

Philosophía
Superman.

Galan007
superman, and quite easily. imo even the sundipped superman from OWAW could beat prime. *shrugs*

quanchi112
Supes wins as much as I hate to admit it.

OneDumbG0
I have this feeling that Superman Prime would get knocked around a bit... and then just start absorbing Superman's sunamp too.

Knowsbleed33
Didn't this Superman survive Entropy? I'm not sure what SBP can do that's worse than that.

OneDumbG0
Some people assume he's shot by entropy. As it stands, on-panel he gets shot by Braniac drones with purple rays. Could be entropy, could be something else.

guy222
superman

Zack Fair
No idea and nice pictures

Galan007
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I have this feeling that Superman Prime would get knocked around a bit... and then just start absorbing Superman's sunamp too. i could see prime absorbing the energy radiating from superman, due to the sunamp - but i don't see him actually pulling the sunamp from supes. *shrugs*

Eel O'Brien
Kal-el wins. Easily.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Galan007
i could see prime absorbing the energy radiating from superman, due to the sunamp - but i don't see him actually pulling the sunamp from supes. *shrugs* That's funny to hear. Because there's been an awful lot of talk from Superman fans who argue that Superman could forcefully absorb energy from his foes. Superman did suck out solar energy from Rampage, right?

Galan007
That's funny to hear. Because there's been an awful lot of talk from Superman fans who argue that Superman could forcefully absorb energy from his foes. Superman did suck out solar energy from Rampage, right? huh, well to each his own. however, prime has never displayed an ability like that. to my knowledge.

Bentley
Prime however absorbed energy from an Oan, and thats not even in Supes powerset.

TheBadguy
That's funny to hear. Because there's been an awful lot of talk from Superman fans who argue that Superman could forcefully absorb energy from his foes. Superman did suck out solar energy from Rampage, right?

Superman can do anything don't you know? Don't bother mentioning proof though, everyone agreed.

Galan007
Originally posted by Bentley
Prime however absorbed energy from an Oan, and thats not even in Supes powerset. the guardian's body/energy container was destroyed when he detonated, leaving pure energy for prime to absorb. that is a far cry from forcibly pulling energy from a conscious being.

Enyalus
Seriously, Starscream needs to get out of my head. I was going to do this fight tonight. sad

I think Sundipped Supes wins. Pretty easily.

Bentley
Originally posted by Galan007
the guardian's body/energy container was destroyed when he detonated, leaving pure energy for prime to absorb. that is a far cry from forcibly pulling energy from a conscious being.

I still think its not in Supes powerset, althought I agree with the rest.

horrorwolf
I have this feeling that Superman Prime would get knocked around a bit... and then just start absorbing Superman's sunamp too.

No. SMP has never been capable of this.

And Superman takes out Prime here.

Galan007
Originally posted by Bentley
I still think its not in Supes powerset, althought I agree with the rest. i was only referring to prime's ability (or lack thereof) to forcibly absorb energy from other characters, in my posts.

quanchi112
I have this feeling that Superman Prime would get knocked around a bit... and then just start absorbing Superman's sunamp too. He would get knocked out imo before he absorbed enough imo to put him in sundippeed Supes' league.

Eel O'Brien
Even is SBP could pull the solar energy out, Superman's cells would be pulling to hold onto it.

Superman wins.

OneDumbG0
Good point.

tsscls
Prime wins 7/10.

quanchi112
Originally posted by tsscls
Prime wins 7/10. Based on what?

tsscls
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on what?
Superboy-Prime beat; (Arguably, but on panel)

Monarch
Sodam-Yat Ion
SC AM
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Black Adam
Guardian # 7
Everyone else in the DCU

AND...

laughed off Mordru's blasts in the 31st century.

I'm just not sure Sun-dipped Supes could do this consistantly, especially the Mordru, Mxy, or BA thing. Do you have any kind of knowledge that I'm lacking that says that SD Supes has invulnerability to magic? If so, I'd be willing to listen.

Hyperion Prime

Monarch
Sodam-Yat Ion
SC AM
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Black Adam
Guardian # 7
Everyone else in the DCU

AND...

I'm just not sure Sun-dipped Supes could do this consistantly, especially the Mordru, Mxy, or BA thing. Do you have any kind of knowledge that I'm lacking that says that SD Supes has invulnerability to magic? If so, I'd be willing to listen.

+100 I too think SBP wins this.

Eel O'Brien

Monarch
Sodam-Yat Ion
SC AM
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Black Adam
Guardian # 7
Everyone else in the DCU

AND...

Even if Sun-Dipped Supes still has the magic weakness, it would not come into play in this fight.

Laughing off magic might be unique to Prime, but in this fight, Superman simply overpowers him.

Endrict Nuul
SBP

quanchi112

Monarch
Sodam-Yat Ion
SC AM
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Black Adam
Guardian # 7
Everyone else in the DCU

AND...

I'm just not sure Sun-dipped Supes could do this consistantly, especially the Mordru, Mxy, or BA thing. Do you have any kind of knowledge that I'm lacking that says that SD Supes has invulnerability to magic? If so, I'd be willing to listen. Did you see how powerful Superman became in owaw.....

If he went off he would make ww 3 in 52 seem like a party imo.

Hannibal-Lector
In the past Sundipped superman was uber... but with current writing if this were to happen, id think he'd at best get close to prime levels...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
In the past Sundipped superman was uber... but with current writing if this were to happen, id think he'd at best get close to prime levels... Thats all we can go on. That sundipped Superman.

Galan007
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
In the past Sundipped superman was uber... but with current writing if this were to happen, id think he'd at best get close to prime levels... 'current writing' has superman at arguably his highest levels since the pc days, but that's beside the point. the last time we saw a sundipped superman was during owaw, and in owaw he was uber.... uber enough to take prime for a majority, imo . he's got a full week to chill in the sun, here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.