KOTCS DVD release

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
Well, it's due this week. Who's gonna buy it?

I know I am... for completion purposes. wink

Sadako of Girth
*Tumbleweed blows in the distance....Somewhere distantly, a bell rings*

*'Squealing pig' noises reverberate in the echoey depths of decency*

queeq
Are Spielberg and Lucas out hunting again? wink

Sadako of Girth
Yep and they have banjos. And they are not afraid to use 'em....

Run Indy.............RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

queeq
We better get our canoes and save him.

Jovan
Originally posted by queeq
I know I am... for completion purposes. wink
I thought I did, for the same reason... till I saw it at the stores today. Too much money for such a movie. If I'm really eager to get my hands on it after two weeks, I'll get it. Chances are slim though.

queeq
Wait a bit. Prices usually drop after a few weeks.

Jovan
Wait a bit. Prices usually drop after a few weeks.
at the moment I'm prepared to wait years even. wink
As a friend said yesterday: KOTCS isn't even tall enough to jump up and lick the toes of the other Indy-movies...

Sadako of Girth

queeq
Hehehe

Jovan
saw it in another store for 6 euro cheaper than in the previous one... Is nice... but still not enough to convince me. This one needs to go to 10 or less imo.

queeq
Wow... drop down prices on Indy... Who'd have thought that a year ago?

Sadako of Girth
Sean Connery.

When he read the script and decided to stay retired. stick out tongue

queeq
Wise old man.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed. That would have been a needless career swan-song.

queeq
A needless come-back as well...

I really wonder how Spielberg and Lucas feel looking back at TAOS.

Sadako of Girth
Their inner voices might be going "Doh! We really screwed the pooch there..." a lot.

The might not hear it above the squealin' noises though.

queeq
And then they check their bank accounts and say: "Meh, wasn't that bad at all!"

Sadako of Girth
Exactly. Because money-returns rule over artistic content for those boys nowadays.... But the paying moviegoer naturally reacts in horror when being insulted with such second-rate garbage..

They blatantly knew that the box office (and the movie on the IMDB rating system) would make a killing on the name alone on Cinema release no matter how shitty the movie was, but repeat viewings'd be down probably, so this low-price-lark doesn't really surprise me now that the world is more aware of this new low standard of Indyness/film making that is very shiny, yet with all the depth of a sheet of really thin paper.

The horror.....

...the horror....

queeq
Quite

Sadako of Girth
Seemed only right that I be shaven headed while referencing those Brando lines..

*Pours more water on and retreats back to the shadows*

Sadly though, contrary to Col.Kurtz's advice in that monologue, this latest horror is one I cannot make a friend of.

Now what if Jones had stumbled on Kurtz's temple prior to Martin Sheen having arrived there? That'd have been cool..... all those severed heads and blowpipes and stuff.... That'd feel like Raiders- Indy. Yay...!

(Mind you Harrison Ford was already in that movie wearing the "Col.Lucas" name tag...)

queeq
Name tag?

Oh in Apocalypse Now...

Sadako of Girth
"I love the smell of Cgi monkeys in the morning.

Smells like....... (bereft of cool, but financially sound) ...victory."

queeq
"They are the hollow men..." (referring to Lucas and Spielberg) wink

Sadako of Girth
Coincidentally describing their souls also, if the latest output is a good metering device.... stick out tongue

queeq
indeed... Kurtz was more right than Lucas in the end... Or maybe Lucas IS Kurtz now... Who's venturing out there to kill him, hearing Lucas talk to himself: "And then it hit me, like a diamond bullet, right in my forehead: CGI monkeys and gophers. The will, the strength to do that."

Sadako of Girth
ROFLM-CGI-AO laughing out loud

"The purity...! The genius!"

"Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The
man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic
sense. I mean sometimes he'll, uh, well, you'll say hello to
him, right? And he'll just walk right by you, and he won't even
notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in
a corner, and he'll say do you know that if is the middle
word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are
losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when
all men doubt you -- I mean I'm no, I can't -- I'm a little man, I'm a little
man, he's, he's a great man. I should have been a pair of ragged claws
scuttling across floors of silent seas -- I mean --"

-Spielberg's optimistic appraisal of the situation.

queeq
laughing out loud

Lucas to Spielberg: "You're an errand boy, sent by the studio to shoot my film."

Or how about this one:

Lucas: "You don't like my method?"
Sadako: "I didn't see... a method."

Sadako of Girth
ROFLMAO

Spot on....!!!!

laughing out loud

queeq
How about this one:

Sadako watching pictures of Lucas directing THX 1138 and ANH, as well as listening to a covert recording with a familiar sounding voice:
"Mesa havingsa dream. Isa was dreamings of a snailsa, cwawlling alongsa da edge of a straighta razor. My gad, what's mesa saying."

Sadako to himself: "Somehow I couldn't connect this man up with this voice."

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue

Perhaps as the rebels mount their attack on the Death Star in ANH, they could go in to 'Ride of the Valkries'...

queeq
After the PT that might even be an improvement. wink

Sadako of Girth
It wasn't so bad....

Movies like Transformers and Indy IV have shown us how bad It could have been.

I always will look at the PT with a sense of "what could have been" and a little frustration at the way the dealth with fate of Padme etc but still enjoy them.

queeq
I think Indy4 fits well in line of the PT movies. Indy4 is the equivalent of AOTC... what a waste that was.

Sadako of Girth
It wishes it was the equivalent of AOTC...... stick out tongue

queeq
Hehehe... but honestly, there is a pattern there.

Sadako of Girth
Yup. It matches TPM.

Everyone had expectations after all that time... We wanted greatness right off the bat and got a movie which had Gungans in it...

queeq
Gungans.... aliens.... That is the pattern.

Sadako of Girth
If Jar Jar was made of crystal, I'd have to tap him with a hammer.

queeq
Maybe the skeletons WERE of gungans.

Sadako of Girth
LOLZ I can see it now:

"Mesa forgot that Crystals have zero magnetic properties....!
Mesa put more Gophers in da bombad movie...!!
Mesa such a c***...!!!"

Burn himmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

'Gungans! Why did it have to be Gungans...?!??'

That'd only be another reason to hate the movie/new more-pussy-like indy. If he really was a well written version of himself, then surely he'd have found a way to get a nuke from that test-town and place it firmly between a pair of alien crystal-Gungan buttocks, detonating it as a message that three things will never be tolorable on Earth, to Indy:
Nazis, Snakes and Gungans.

And he could escape the blast by hiding behind a pencil, the lead within it rendering the other non-radioactive effects of the blast harmless....
stick out tongue

queeq
"Gungans, I hate these guys."

Sadako of Girth
LOL

"Otto Gunga: it is very dangerous... (for your sanity) ...you go first."

Jovan
... right.
anyway, I'm hitting the stores on thursday, gonna see if the price has dropped again big grin

Sadako of Girth
If they drop any more they'll have to pay you to take it... stick out tongue

queeq
laughing out loud

Still waiting for my Blu Ray player... then I will get TAOS on Blu Ray: to get even a sharper outlook on why it sucks. wink

Jovan
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
If they drop any more they'll have to pay you to take it... stick out tongue
when I saw it in the theater, that last part was exactly what I thought!

queeq
laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
big grin

queeq
Did they start paying you to keep you seated till the end?

Sadako of Girth
I had to watch them just to see who I was gonna hate for the rest of my cinema appreciating life.

Jovan
Did they start paying you to keep you seated till the end?
actually, I was seriously ill at the time I went to see it so I should be (I guess) thankful for finding that theater that has TV's on the toilets! Not to mention I could immediately let my frustrations with the movie go down the drain!

queeq
You must have had the best viewing of all on TAOS.

Sadako of Girth
A lot of vomit and faeces in those urinals that day, I bet.

queeq
Overtime for the cleaners.

Sadako of Girth
But the pay is shit. shifty

queeq
So is the work.

Well, I did it... I bought the Blu Ray. Rapin' George will be content.

Sadako of Girth
As he and Speilberg zip their respective flies back up post raping, will you also be asking for seconds for Indy by looking at the extras that you have bought from them when they close upped for the moneyshot..?

queeq
The monkeyshot? wink

Sadako of Girth
lolz

Sick, but true. laughing out loud

queeq
I know... *sigh*

Sadako of Girth
*Joins Queeq in nostaligic fade away to brutal scenes of Indy rapeage*

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeee...!

queeq
You go on squeal, boy.

Sadako of Girth
*Sadako and Queeq play an Indy-theme-duel on Banjos*

queeq
laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
How many times have you subjected yourself to the ordeal of watching the atrocities in the Blu Ray medium so far, you sick, sick puppy...? stick out tongue

queeq
Not yet in fact. I just got my Blu Ray player and TAOS. But I'm in the USA for two weeks now for work. THe ordeal must take place later.

Sadako of Girth
LOLZ

Then enjoy this two week prelude to the horror well, for the rest of your life you will have a higher resolution of horrific cinematic effluence that would make even GG Allin's corpse gag. stick out tongue

queeq
I'll watch it with the kids. Their as yet undeveloped sense of looking at films with proper perspective, will sooth my pain. I think I'll watch them more than TAOS.

Sadako of Girth
Heh the vicarious sadistic pleasures in subjecting them to the horror...!! stick out tongue

I suppose it'll teach 'em what crap is, so they will appreciate the good stuff by contrast as they see it..

queeq
Yes, I see it as one of the more gruelling training sessions in their education.

Sadako of Girth
LOL Indeed, it'll be hard to top that level of horror without having to get out the Japanese classics like Ringu and other movies like Eraserhead..

queeq
They'll be like Love Story after seeing TAOS.

Sadako of Girth
LOL

I reckon you're right there... stick out tongue

Love story is still pretty terrifying, though...

queeq
Quite. Teletubbies then?

Sadako of Girth
LOL Well it would get their appreciation of surrealism going, I guess....

....and they DO have superior, grittier plots and more realistic, believable plotlines than TOAS...

queeq
laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
And they Teletubbies were more frightning than the Russians in the movie too.

La La and Tipsy could do 'em over in five seconds flat.

queeq
Now THAT is quite true. Scary critters.

Sadako of Girth
Yep. They'd do the care bears in a fight, too...even if the bears were on crack.

queeq
They are the visions of the care bears on crack.

Sadako of Girth
True. And don't get me started about the sun..

A gaseous body in space that while heating our earth, pretends to be a baby for some seemingly unapparent reason...

Is it because it owes the teletubbies money for crack...?

See next year in "Indiana Jones and the Cear Bears of crack"

*Plays clip of Indy whipping La La's head clean off while screaming:
"MY honey, biotch" before attempting to abscond with their stash.*

queeq
I can see Spielberg's and Lucas's rape smiles already.

Jovan

queeq
I'm gonna watch the Blu Ray today.

Sadako of Girth

Sadako of Girth

queeq
Okay I just watched it again. It doesn't get better second time around...

Jovan
I could have told you that beforehand y'know

Sadako of Girth

Thsi realisation truly makes you human being.

queeq
I know... I guess I was in denial.

It struck how boring the movie is in the middle.

And I still like the first 20 minutes, despite the fridge.

Sadako of Girth
BAD Zoot..!!! Nawww its okay, welcome back to the world of sanity..!

You say this as if there was a let-up in said boredom after the middle....!!!

AND the gophers and the bad telegraphed old man slapstick...?

queeq
Well, it struck me that there are hardly any real challenges for Indy et al in this film. They encounter some problems, but it never takes very long to overcome them, nor is it very difficult. With a whiff and a smile all danger disappears, like in the James Bond films with Roger Moore.

No sealed up in the Well of Souls with snakes, no spiritual blindness by drinking blood of Kali, no dying father to save by beating some mortal challenges... Nope, it's pretty easy sailing down the Amazon for Indy and partners...

I mean, I just braced myself for the monkey scene and it surprised me how quickly that ordeal was over. It doesn't get much better though, still utterly ridiculous, but I felt the pain before.

Sadako of Girth
Yes now im sure it wasnt just my imagination that they editted that down for the DVD/Blueray, the monkies stuff....

An accurate appraisal of the movie is regards to it's lacking of pencil lead.

queeq
You really think they edited it down? Maybe the horror of seeing that scene the first time made it last a long time.

Wait a minute... does that mean you actually saw the DVD???

Sadako of Girth
I was curious after reading the vitriol in my posts assessing the movie.

I wondered, "well...have I been too harsh."

"Maybe the letdown after all these years amplified my distaste for the really bit bits...." I mused.

"NOOOOO! You were right! I concluded." stick out tongue

I'll have to compare the cine cam-job pirate version against the copy of the DVD that I perused to truly tell about the monkey quotient...

But that it happened at all is bad enough.
Im sure that it was longer at the cinema..With a few seconds more time spent on Mutt studying/learning from the monkeys then swinging, catching vines.

queeq
Maybe. It struck me as kinda short as well. But then again, the horror in that scene made time stand still, as if Lucas tried to get salt in the wound struck deeply into my heart.

Sadako of Girth
Well put.

This is a good testamonial to the relativity of time in our universe.

queeq
Maybe Lucas invented something great while we were cringing.

Sadako of Girth
Many important discoveries have come from horrific things...

Medicinal and techological advances through war...

The blues came from a scene of much misfortune and pain...

The realisation that fire hurts you made by that caveman equivalant of Jar Jar Binks in the fire-building stakes.

The gaining of knowledge that watching Michael Bay movies (or Cannonball run 3) is for those with deceased brain functions, through watching a Bay movie (or Cannonball run 3)...

So Lucas and Spielberg having accidentally proven quantum theory as being that bit more true comes as little surprise to me there.

queeq
Einstein eat your heart out.

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue

Jovan
****, I was tired when I went shopping for the DVD of The Dark Knight (had no time to pick it up till now)... in a moment of weakness/sleep depreviation I took KOTCS with me BUT I payed the lowest price I saw for it!

Sadako of Girth
Was it more than five dollars, euros or pounds...?

And did it come with a written apology from Spielberg..?

queeq
laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
Dammmmmmmmn Jovan... Then they ripped you off, mate. sad
Anything less than it being issued with an actual working crystal skull that fries Nazi genitals at will should not be considered... stick out tongue

*Salutes the fallen Jovan, who is now cursed to an eternity of
being locked in a mulitplex where only Michael Bay movies are
shown, but from the foyer you can see that the multiplex opposite has Raiders, Alien, ESB, Blade Runner, A Scanner Darkly and tonnes of really cool stuff that you can never see agaiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnn*

queeq
You're rather vile.

But maybe we can let him watch the South Park episode from time to time and the Pearl Harbor videoclip from Team America.

Sadako of Girth
Wow. Harsh.

He abandoned himself to that fate willingly buying a movie in that idiom...!

Whats vile, is, is buying this in any format so that their sales figures will be huge enough to be wrongly used to repell any criticism of low grade film making.

To reward them for this is just confusing the message of "Stop ruining cinema, you greedy, money fixated artless whores...!" that those with critical faculties of decernment want to convey.

Indy 5 can be whatever shit they like now, knowing that their paycheck is safe. THATS vile.

queeq
True. But I still hope Spielberg this time won't be forced by Lucas to do something he doesn't entirely believe in... Hopefully... maybe...

Jovan
the movie was better than in the cinema... that's why I'm pretty sure it's being altered or trimmed down on certain things.

the most annoying about it is htat you can clearly see when they were shooting on blue screen, when the background is just a picture and when CGI kicks in...
not to mention the entire ending

Sadako of Girth
True. But I still hope Spielberg this time won't be forced by Lucas to do something he doesn't entirely believe in... Hopefully... maybe...

The only person who can allow SS to be dominated by GL is.... SS.
'bout time he took some responsibility, if you ask me.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Jovan
the movie was better than in the cinema... that's why I'm pretty sure it's being altered or trimmed down on certain things.

the most annoying about it is htat you can clearly see when they were shooting on blue screen, when the background is just a picture and when CGI kicks in...
not to mention the entire ending

Yup, a slightly better piece of poo is still just.....poo.

queeq
The only person who can allow SS to be dominated by GL is.... SS.
'bout time he took some responsibility, if you ask me.

He will. He doesn't make all his movies with the Flanelled One.

Sadako of Girth
True. He is well capable of screwing up on his own too.

queeq
laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
GL: Here boy!

*SS comes up with tail wagging expectantly*

GL: Whos a goooooood boy...?? Now roll over!!!

*He rolls over..GL gives SS a biscuit*

GL: Play dead..! Produce WOTW and TFs...!

*He plays dead then works with Tom Cruise and Michael Bay*

GL: Now rape Indy...!!! Rape him...!!! Rape his ass goooood!

*SS releases KOTCS and is given a biscuit*

queeq
SS is Anakin now?

Sadako of Girth
In a way. But its gonna have to be an epic comeback in the style of ROTJ to redeem his ass now.

Jovan
muahahaha! the dvd is playing now!

Sadako of Girth
sick

stick out tongue

Jovan
the movie has potential though... just if they cut down the lousy CGI, redo some shots (where youcan clearly see it was blue screen) and tone down the ending, the movie is actually pretty decent!

Sadako of Girth
Sure.

In the exactly the same way that a plate of horse poo and piss with hairs in it may have potential as a great and appetizing meal............ if only you left the plate, took out the poo, took out the hairs, took out the wee and replaced it with a nice steak, some fries and a shake...

Battlefield earth is a another film you may enjoy that had great potential.

The Titanic had a potentially great and safe maiden voyage also. stick out tongue

queeq
Battlefield Earth... laughing out loud

Jovan
In the exactly the same way that a plate of horse poo and piss with hairs in it may have potential as a great and appetizing meal............ if only you left the plate, took out the poo, took out the hairs, took out the wee and replaced it with a nice steak, some fries and a shake...
see! you're getting there! big grin

Sadako of Girth
Battlefield Earth... laughing out loud

It is the gift (of the cinematic equivalent of syphillis) that just keeps on giving.

A film so bad that when I have the misfortune to see it, I actually find myself temporarily wanting to believe in god.
(Just so I could use the phrase:
"Oh my fu**Ing godddddddddddddd!!! Why have you forsaken us....?????" and that I can hope that he would in time murder all associated with its production and stick them in a hell with that movie playing over and over and over and over and over and over and over as they burn.)

Baddddddddddddddd hollywood!

BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD....!!!!!!

*Beats hollywood with newspaper and rubs hollywood's nose in said anally delivered filth.*

queeq
Ya know, I saw that movie, I remember it being very very bad but I can't remember much of it anymore. I love my brain.

Sadako of Girth
Yes you naturally have repressed the memory for said organ's sake.

'Avoid all hypnotically induced regression therapies designed to uncover that disturbing chapter in your life' would definitely be my advice.

No sense in reawakening the horror...you have too much to live for..!

Suffice it to say, that it was the film-viewing equivalent of having shards of bamboo banged under your fingernails, toenails and at the same time, having your gigglestick savaged by an enraged Doberman.......on fire.

queeq
Actually, I remember it being so ridicilous that I laughed a lot... and felt sorry for Travolta. How deluded can one get?

Sadako of Girth
I know...! Evil wasn't it...

It was the antithesis of the coolness that Pulp Fiction bought him only a mere few years before.

An experience of something being so alarmingly bad that I actually could never watch it in one complete screening.

queeq
laughing out loud

Good thing Travolta recovered from taht though. I feared greatly he was in need of a thrid come back.

Sadako of Girth
The Jury is still out on that.

My friends daughters had "Hairspray" on over xmas.
I didnt see much, but what I saw was enough to produce a "WTF is Travolta doing??!??" of the likes unthought since his Battlefield Earth days.

queeq
He was quite funny actually although I prefer the John Waters' version myself.

Sadako of Girth
Fair play..

I just thought he looked....crreeeeeepyyyy in that.

Horrifically sad news for Travolta family today though eh...?
Poor sod.

What a way to start your year, huh..? sad

queeq
Bad news indeed. Feel sorry for John and Kelly...

BTW the creepiness of Travolta in Hairspray added to the fun factor I thought.

Sadako of Girth
I'll admit that I didnt see enough of the movie maybe to 'get' it...

He looked like a turtle from Nick Park's "creature comforts"...

queeq
laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
It was the insanely wide grin and mad stare wot did it, guv...!

Disturbing.

He looked like at any moment he could have snapped and butchered everybody in the street as they slept. stick out tongue

queeq
And he did, you should have finished watching. wink

Sadako of Girth
LOL Sounds like I definitely should give it a chance, then.

coolmovies
just saw it great film loved it

Sadako of Girth
Which one?

queeq
I think he means Hairspray.

Sadako of Girth
Ah. smile

The tunes at least sounded better than what I heard on that 'high school the musical' shit..

queeq
Never saw that... Is it worth watching?

Sadako of Girth
I dunno. Its not my bag really and I was visiting when it was on so the music was the only thing I noticed.

But from what I heard then and on the commercials, the music was better on that Hairspray movie which sounded to me more like 60s/70s rhythm and blues to me, the High school thing sounded generic and souless by comparison.

So hairspray had that weird Travolta performance, but sounded better.

Thats all I can say really...

queeq
THat's a whole lotta words for so little to say.... wink

Sadako of Girth
It is...but then Im a musician.

I cannot help my anality in these matters. smile

queeq
You're forgiven.

Sadako of Girth
Ahhh thank you...but can I forgive..... myself...? wink

queeq
I hope not, coz that would mean you'd stop posting like that. Where's the fun in that?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>