League of Champions Week Five: Bdub/Smurph Vs. Fangirl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
Week 5 Battlefield: The Savage Land (Marvel)
Duration: Monday, October 20th @ 10am thru Friday, October 24th @ 12am)

Bdub/Smurph Vs. Fangirl

Judges: Red, Symmetric Chaos, Citizen V

illadelph12
Prep Plan (In Terrifics base of operations)
Short...but life is hard. Meh.

Amalgams:
Airwave/Mr. Sinister/Nimrod
Mr. Terrific
Mantis

To begin, Nimrod, using Sinisters telepathy, takes all of Terrific's knowledge and Mantis' knowledge (and MA experience) and stores them in his data files. Also, being that he is amalgamated with Sinister, he has gained all of Sinisters knowledge as well. To top it off, we have Airwave grant Nimrod all the knowledge he has (which includes the blueprints for his helmet). We can also scan said helmet if you need the extra insurance we know how to build it.

With all that said, just so you know what knowledge we have, we continue on with prep (this process took two seconds longer than the amalgamation process)

Terrific grabs every single T-Sphere he has in storage. This is a lot of T-Spheres btw.

Nimrod shapeshifts himself to add all of Ironman's armors stats (added to his own stats of course). He also creates a stasis field device, thanks to Reed Richards. Finally, he shapeshifts his left arm to have a Mega Man type cannon with the power to blow up a small moon (thanks to Richards again)

With Airwaves powers, we have an infinite supply of power for all our devices smile

We can also turn into energy, and blow things up. For an explanation of Airwaves powers:
http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kobracontrolaq3vb7.jpg
http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beamsatellitessi1kn4.jpg

He can drain all energy from other energy sources, btw.

We start the battle with a Telekinetic Shield up, and hard light holograms of a thousand of us (thanks to the T-Spheres)

Battle Starts:

Being that Nimrod is a super computer, he can multi task at speeds far greater than a normal being. That said, we begin with a Telekinetic and Telepathic attack on all beings outside of our team while holding them in a Stasis field. The telekinetic attack, being that we are a supercomputer is precisely aimed at the windpipes of all opposing teammates (crush windpipe, they all die). If for some reason this is a futile attempt, Nimrod will calculate the best attack method, and will use it accordingly (large telekinetic attack to push them back or tear them apart, ect ect)

We send in the T-Spheres to attack all opposing teammates (numbers + firepower is on our side). T-Spheres can hurt even Captain Marvel and Black Adam, so they pack some serious firepower. (Scans for them later). Also remember, if they have any kind of armor, or tech, we are invisible to all technology thanks to Mr. Terrific. All they will be seeing is the hard light holograms of a thousand versions of us (which has fooled telepaths btw)

To top it off, Airwave drains all energy from any energy sources (if they happen to have some). We can also fly into them, if need be, with a variation of electromagnetic energy. They cannot match Airwaves speed.

We can hit them with a variation of all these powers, any number of repulsar rays and pulse bolts, uni beams with temps hotter than the sun, yada yada yada. We also have a "spider sense" that Tony has, so any attack they use on us, we can react at super speeds (mostly thanks to Airwaves speed). If they get up close (and past our stasis field, which is doubtful), we have Mantis, who by herself can take on Vision and Thor. They do not stand a chance.

We also use sonics to throw them off kilter, and paralyze them (remember, they are already in the stasis field, this is just extra insurance)

When all is said and done, we go to the dead team, and take skin samples of all opposing members. Thanks to Sinister's knowledge and Nimrod being able to shapeshift to any instrument we need, we can analyze their DNA and store that knowledge in our data banks.

We then blow them up using Reed's moon buster weapon.

The End

illadelph12

illadelph12

fangirl101

fangirl101

Blair Wind
From the grave I give you:
Smurph Post #1

(though all the credit should be given to the man who had to deal with him on MSN, and copy and past this. Namely ME. ermm )

Fangirl's placed all her faith in one shoddy plan. We've got a tried and true method at our desposal, backed up by scans and having already won us matches. Fangirl's trying to shove all potential into one plan of questionable plausibility, legality, and usefulness.

You see, judges, Fangirl needs this plan to work, and needs it to be superior to ours, because otherwise she's screwed. We, on the other hand, have no questions plaguing our team considering the question of can we do it- we're only doing things shown on panel. Our opponent, on the other hand, is not.

Fangirl's trying to use a DC machine to alter reality in a marvel setting (as that's where our battle's taking place), in order to overload her characters with an exorbant amount of abilities that they'll have no ability to handle.

She's trying to outfit every single character with powers that they have no battle experience with (though perhaps some skill with, if her plan works), and she's trying to claim that they'll use these powers to maximum potential.

You can give me all the skill of a kung fu master. But if you then give me all the skill of a karate, kickboxing, ju juitsu, wrestling, krav maga and ballet masters, I'll have absolutely no ability to differentiate between which block/kick I should use if shoved into a high speed battle situation.

Fangirl's attempting to dump a motherload of powers onto her characters, probably completely overloading their senses and abilities, then shove them into battle against what's essentially an unhittable robot that, despite all of their newfound powers, still trumps them in every way possible.

Nimrod Prime has all the knowledge of Reed, Tony, Mr. Terrific and his own stores at his disposal. He has all of their technology. We've absorbed their knowledge after several matches, and have already put to use missiles of Tony's that can cause black holes. Projectiles of Reed's that can depower the Silver Surfer. Nimrod's own weapons that can one-shot Juggernaut.

Thanks to Air-Wave, we now have the ability to tap in and drain any machine we need of it's energy. Along with Air-Wave's own abilities, this gives us a nigh-limitless energy source with which to power any machine we need. Air-Wave also gives us the ability to turn into energy at will and become as unhittable as we please at any given second.

Finally, throw Mr. Sinister in there, and we add Mach 10 telepathy to the mix. Telepathy that WTFPWNS any telepathy that Fangirl boasts due to Saturn Girl. Mr. Sinister was named in the top 5 telepaths on earth, next to the likes of Professor Xavier and Exodus.

I once again remind you that we have the super intelligence of the smartest men in Marvel and DC complete with a computer brain that allows us to move, coordinate and outmaneuver far better than anyone on Fangirls team of would-be-super-dupers, with a set of noob powers and abilities.

Between Nimrod's ability to adapt his body to become any technology, and Reed/Tony/Terrific's vast knowledge of machines, we can instantly create anything they've made, on panel. And we can create anything they could think of on the fly (with Mach 10 thinking, now) to use to combat our opponents.

We're armed with a cannon that can destroy a small moon, and stasis fields that leave you completely immobilized. Future tech that bypasses Juggernaut's durability, telepathy that pwned Jean Grey and Psylocke in the past, and complete intangibility until we wish otherwise

We're undetectable, unhittable, and undefendable. We are unbeatable. Fangirl can toss lists of powers until (s)he's blue in the face, but none of it will match the skill, experience or output that a combination of Nimrod/Mr. Sinister/Air-Wave/Tony Stark/Reed Richards/Mr. Terrific/Mantis has.

We can beat them in h2h (Karate Kid level skills, with > Hulk strength, with Mach 10 movement), we can beat them from afar (any tech that Reed or Tony have EVER thought of), we can beat them while they're helpless to defend (Mr. Sinister telepathy with intangibility and super speed).

They, with their inexperience at multi-power uses and their relative noobishness in general, will be left in shock and awe. They probably couldn't even manage a combination of telepathy and super speed. Nimrod alone could manage that- much less all the other geniuses we have at our disposal.

This post was all about our offense. Fangirl's prep is full of legal and practical issues, which I'll touch on next post.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Fangirl's placed all her faith in one shoddy plan. We've got a tried and true method at our desposal, backed up by scans and having already won us matches. Fangirl's trying to shove all potential into one plan of questionable plausibility, legality, and usefulness.

Is this what we do now? Start out with an insult instead of just debating? I certainly didn't say anything about that write up, if call it that, did I?

Don't think for an instant that there aren't other examples of the machine. You think I'd put all the cards on the table at the beginning of the match?
Let's checklist what the machine has done on panel:

On Panel The MM has taken Brainy's emotions and given them form. Even his thoughts are transferred to the creation.
I've taken the LOS's skills and knowlege. Seems about Even steven.
On Panel the Omega was inferred with MASSIVE powers.
My team was granted far less power.
The Wish machine is owned wholly by the legion and is on. Brainy need not touch it to use it. Superboy used it just by being close.

Since when was prep in a marvel setting? My prep is at LOS. And I've given them knowlege of the powers as well as Brianiacs intelligence. Seems like they will be fine.

My team is so powerful that if they were 10 year olds they would still own. My team has loaded shot guns and you guys came to the fight with sticks and rocks.

Good thing I gave them PC KK's skills and knowlege. Skill is the application of knowlege. In case you didn't know.

And my team has double the brain power of Brainiac, Sky Mage has triple the brain power. The reflexes of kryponians, ultra boy, and daxamites, with PC KK moves. Magic and matter manip. Nothing you throw at us couldn't be countered before it gets 2 feet from you.

And with our combined magnetic powers, we'd own you in energy form. Seriously.

You forgot I gave my team Saturn girl's powers and Telus's powers. Two telepaths at Jean grey level. And then Amalgamed them. Each of my team members is 4 times the Telepath Jean Grey is.

I suppose I could show how smart Brainiac is. My team members are all twice as smart as he is. And Faust is 3 times as smart.

That's good for you. Now only if Nimrod had matter manip. Because different machines require different kinds of materials.

We've got a girl 100 Meters tall, Sun amped, with a shit load of powers, who happens to be made out of magic lasso. good luck with your moon canon.

A combined telepathic assault from my team crushes all of your human parts. leaving the machine to be encased in inertron for eternity.

We've got Echo's powers and skills, PC KK"S skills, greater than Hulk strength, and magic.

See the problem is, my team is experienced in multi use powers. Faust has multiple powers. Matrix has Multiple powers. Grunge has multiple powers and has adapted to many kinds of elements.

Please do. I've already thought of it before you post it.

fangirl101
Post 4. This one will be short judges.

According to the rules, any common property of a team is usable for prep. If I draft Hawk Woman, would she not be able to use the league's teleporters and computers? She doesn't have to invent them. They are common property to the team.

Same thing with the Miracle Machine. It's common property. They want to change the very dynamic of prep by limiting common property.

Blair Wind
This post is for legality issues. Ill be posting a scans only post later (to give exposure to the T-Spheres, and the rest of the teams abilities).

Smurph and I have both talked to Illadelph (after mentioning that it sounded like our Boy Blue idea that got shut down) and got him to rule the miracle machine illegal in that it was not Brainy's sole invention/device, being that the Controllers made it and then granted it to the Legion, nor was it in his possession. However, being that it belonged to the Legion as a whole, it caused a little legal hiccup on the standing of the miracle machine as legal or illegal.

Let me clarify: it is illegal, based on the modifications to the rules that Delph made. At best, it does not even exist cannonly anymore

Let me explain with Delphs posts first:
Originally posted by illadelph12
If every member of a team has access to something it's fair game.

If it's deemed off limits (in canon materials) but just so happens to reside at the base you would be using, it's illegal.

For a layman's example, if I drafted a soldier and used a military base as my prep area, and the base just so happened to have nukes but they were in a restricted area that none of the characters under normal circumstances would have access to or their use was generally prohibited, I couldn't just use the nukes in battle.

Now, being that I am a Legion fan myself, and have used Brianiac 5 in a tournament as well, I do have some background with the comics. I also happen to own a Legion Help file that will prove to be invaluable to me. I quote from it here where it says:

The Miracle Machine is the name given by the Legion to a mysterious gift they were given upon the opening of their new Headquarters Complex in 2978. They then speculated that it was a gift from the Controllers, whom they had previously encountered and taken down one of their renegades. This guess was soon confirmed, and the Legion resolved not to use it except in case of dire emergency, lest they become lazy in their own vigilance (Adventure Comics # 367).

As Illadelph stated, if it is generally prohibited from the team to use, it is illegal to use here.

Also of note is that while he shows that Brianiac once used it to create Omega, he never explained how that arc finished (and it finished a LONG time ago, being cannon). To quote the help file again:

The Legion's greatest nightmare came true when the Miracle Machine was used by a mad Brainiac 5 in 2983 to create the destructive hate-monster Omega. The Legion only managed to defeat Omega by destroying the indestructible...they got ex-Legionnaire Matter-Eater Lad, whose power enabled him to eat anything to eat it. The consumption of these alien energies drove him mad for a while (Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes # 250-251), but he was eventually cured (
Legion of Super-Heroes (1st series) # 297), and all that remains of the Controllers' awesome gift is a small vestige of wish-fulfillment energy inside Matter-Eater Lad, which was utilized for a while in 2995 by Prince Evillo of Tartarus (Legion of Super-Heroes (3rd series) # 49).

Either way, the issue is void as the machine would be considered illegal, and it is gone anyways. This happened such a long time ago, that it should not fall under any "specific" era clause...its dead and gone.

For all to note: I am not doing this because we are scared of what they might accomplish. I fully believe that our team is simply more adept and frankly more dangerous than theirs. I am however doing this because it feels like our Boy Blue idea that got rejected....it sucks when you do something illegal, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

We win by default smile

fangirl101
Originally posted by Blair Wind
This post is for legality issues. Ill be posting a scans only post later (to give exposure to the T-Spheres, and the rest of the teams abilities).

Smurph and I have both talked to Illadelph (after mentioning that it sounded like our Boy Blue idea that got shut down) and got him to rule the miracle machine illegal in that it was not Brainy's sole invention/device, being that the Controllers made it and then granted it to the Legion, nor was it in his possession. However, being that it belonged to the Legion as a whole, it caused a little legal hiccup on the standing of the miracle machine as legal or illegal.

Let me clarify: it is illegal, based on the modifications to the rules that Delph made. At best, it does not even exist cannonly anymore

Let me explain with Delphs posts first:

Now, being that I am a Legion fan myself, and have used Brianiac 5 in a tournament as well, I do have some background with the comics. I also happen to own a Legion Help file that will prove to be invaluable to me. I quote from it here where it says:

The Miracle Machine is the name given by the Legion to a mysterious gift they were given upon the opening of their new Headquarters Complex in 2978. They then speculated that it was a gift from the Controllers, whom they had previously encountered and taken down one of their renegades. This guess was soon confirmed, and the Legion resolved not to use it except in case of dire emergency, lest they become lazy in their own vigilance (Adventure Comics # 367).

As Illadelph stated, if it is generally prohibited from the team to use, it is illegal to use here.

Also of note is that while he shows that Brianiac once used it to create Omega, he never explained how that arc finished (and it finished a LONG time ago, being cannon). To quote the help file again:

The Legion's greatest nightmare came true when the Miracle Machine was used by a mad Brainiac 5 in 2983 to create the destructive hate-monster Omega. The Legion only managed to defeat Omega by destroying the indestructible...they got ex-Legionnaire Matter-Eater Lad, whose power enabled him to eat anything to eat it. The consumption of these alien energies drove him mad for a while (Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes # 250-251), but he was eventually cured (
Legion of Super-Heroes (1st series) # 297), and all that remains of the Controllers' awesome gift is a small vestige of wish-fulfillment energy inside Matter-Eater Lad, which was utilized for a while in 2995 by Prince Evillo of Tartarus (Legion of Super-Heroes (3rd series) # 49).

Either way, the issue is void as the machine would be considered illegal, and it is gone anyways. This happened such a long time ago, that it should not fall under any "specific" era clause...its dead and gone.

For all to note: I am not doing this because we are scared of what they might accomplish. I fully believe that our team is simply more adept and frankly more dangerous than theirs. I am however doing this because it feels like our Boy Blue idea that got rejected....it sucks when you do something illegal, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

We win by default smile

Few things. I only showed Brainiac using the machine to create omega to show that the machine wasn't limited. I specifically Drafted Brainiac before the story arc. That's why I posted the scans of him using the machine to fix the legion. It's the same reason why I didn't post every legionnaire in the opening post. I only posted the legionnaire's who had been part of the legion up until that point.

Also, the Machine was not prohibited by team use. It was brainiac who said that the machine would make them lazy. The team did not prohibit the use of the machine. They wanted to destroy it so that the thief could not take it.

Next time, read every single LOS ever first.

Badabing

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Badabing
Things being what they are, I am posting for Cavalier.

Irony.

fangirl101

illadelph12
After a conversation with Smurph last night, numerous PMs from Fangirl pertaining to all of the disputed rule infractions on both sides, and then reading through the thread and reviewing all of the scans, I've come to these rulings:

1. By my interpretation of the scans, in the initial story where the Miracle Machine (Thought Machine) is presented, it is stated on panel that the machine was given as a gift to the Legion by their friends the Controllers (stated on panel). On the same page Brainiac and Superboy agree it would be best keep the machine locked up out of reach of mankind until a point where humans could safely and wisely use the machine. Superboy says "The machine will remain sealed in this cube of inertron until mankind is ready to use it wisely".

Fast forward to a later story in which a thief, Pares, has threatened to steal the machine from the Legion, and Lightning Lad suggests that the machine is too dangerous and must be destroyed. Cosmic Boy, the leader of the Legion, in an argument against Lightning Lad's suggestion, states that the machine was entrusted to the Legion by the Controllers, and that the machine had been used several times to save the Legion, and that it's the Legion's duty to safeguard the machine until humanity is ready. It's then put up to a vote whether to destroy the machine so it won't be stolen, or to simply protect it. The majority vote is to destroy the machine to avoid it's theft, so it is removed from it's Inertron encasement, and Superboy and Ultraboy attempt to smash it with super punches only to find out the machine is indestructible. They then seal it back again in Inertron and resign to the option of simply defending it (since they can't destroy it). After this point, as also depicted in the scans provided, the Legion are in trouble with a giant monster Pares has unleashed, and Superboy, still at Legion HQ, inadvertantly uses the miracle machine to capture Pares and save Ultraboy's life. Phantom Girl then states that the Legion should have just used the machine to capture Pares in the first place since it wound up being used to save the day anyway (which would have been common sense, but this is a Pre-Crisis storyline, afterall), to which Brainiac retorts that that is in fact the the ultimate danger of the miracle machine; using it would result in the Legion becoming lazy due to being able to simply wish their problems away.

All of these events and statements on panel lead me to interpret that, per the depicted usage of the machine, and the stated off panel multiple uses of the machine by the Legion (per the Leader of the team), the initial locking up of the machine in the Inertron Cube wasn't the permanent prohibition of the machines use. It was stated by Superboy that they wanted to keep the machine out of the hands of mankind until they were ready to use it wisely, but then it was stated by Cosmic Boy in a later story that the Legion had used the machine several times to save the day subsequent to Superboy's comment in the initial appearance of the machine. To me that would clearly show that there's a gap in the scans between the initial appearance of the machine and Superboy's statements and the subsequent stories in which the machine is used, and since the statements and on panel occurences seemingly contradict eachother, I'd have to judge in favor of the most recent of the scans provided in relation to the Miracle machine, which was Cosmic Boy's statement that the machine had been used several times by the Legion, which kind of nullifies the initial contention that the device was prohibited and never used.

In that regard, I'd have to rule in favor of Fangirl.

2. Here's where things get tricky. B-Dub then states that the miracle machine was later eaten by Matter-Eater Lad in a later storyline and the machine no longer exists. In drafting Pre-Crisis Brainiac, Fangirl did not state an era specific version of Brainiac which she would be using (for example, Id369's drafting of Classic New Mutants/X-Force Era Cable, and then changing to current depowered Cable). Due to this, Fangirl would in fact have the last on panel incarnation of Pre-Crisis Brainiac and the Pre-Crisis Legion of Superheroes Headquarters. If in fact the Miracle Machine was destroyed on panel, this latest version of Brainiac would not be able to use the machine as it would no longer exist.

My ruling on this is that in lieu of a scan of the machine being destroyed on panel, my prior ruling stands. However, if on panel evidence is provided of the destruction of the miracle machine, the machine would be voided from Fangirl's prep and be inadmissable in favor of B-Dub and Smurph's contention, and all uses of the machine by Fangirl would be nullified in this battle.

3. In regards to Fangirl's dispute over Badabing posting in Smurph's stead due to Smurph currently being on a 1 week suspension, my ruling is in Fangirl's favor. The post which Bada made is inadmissable and will need to be edited out of the thread. The reasoning for this is that around the beginning of the tournament Fangirl was involved in a car accident in the middle of one of her matches and had access issues due to bad internet at the hospital and, well, being laid up in a hospital bed in of itself. She'd asked me via PM for special accomodations (first by asking me to make the posts for her, and then asking whether she could get an extension due to her situation) and I denied her requests on grounds of if I'd granted her special priveleges due to her situation I'd have to do the same for anyone else who may have a situation come up mid match out of fairness, and I didn't want to set that precedent. She accepted my answer and just made due as she could. Out of fairness to her I can't allow Smurph to use a proxy for his battle posting simply because he's temporarily banned, especially since he has a partner. I'm not going to force a forfeiture as Fangirl has asked for, but I am going to rule the post made by Bada on Smurph's behalf inadmissable in this match.

That should just about cover everything in this match. Now I'm off to go play Judge Mathis for the others.

Bada, please edit out your above post and insert a pic of Zod using his heat vision. Thanks.

fangirl101
Well now. Let's get to the nitty gritty shall we.

Prep Plan (In Terrifics base of operations
Short...but life is hard. Meh.

Amalgams:
Airwave/Mr. Sinister/Nimrod
Mr. Terrific
Mantis

To begin, Nimrod, using Sinisters telepathy, takes all of Terrific's knowledge and Mantis' knowledge (and MA experience) and stores them in his data files. Also, being that he is amalgamated with Sinister, he has gained all of Sinisters knowledge as well. To top it off, we have Airwave grant Nimrod all the knowledge he has (which includes the blueprints for his helmet). We can also scan said helmet if you need the extra insurance we know how to build it.

With all that said, just so you know what knowledge we have, we continue on with prep (this process took two seconds longer than the amalgamation process)

I"ll start with this part first.

The prep base is Mr. Terrifics. But they want us to believe Sinister's TP is going to transfer knowlege from Airwave and Mr. T and Mantis. NO. Mr. Sinister's TP at it's best is in his Base of prep. He specifically used machines to amp his TP if he even has any in any other instances.

He's also never shown fine tune control to read someone's mind and extract the exact information that quickly. There will be no info for Nimrod other than what he gets with his amalgam. The best we see from Sinister is limited mind blast on single targets.

2ndly, they want to try and trick us into thinking that they are going to get airwave's tech. They are not. they drafted the last airwave. Who did not invent the airwave tech. and who only used it to amp his abilities until he learned how to control them. here is thier draft quote

No Airwave tech for the boys. Also, Airwave never had unlimited energy. Where they are getting this I dont' know. But I'm sure the judges would like to see airwave with UNLIMITED energy. We are in the savage land. What energy sources is he going to draw from? Trees and vines?

They never programmed the T-Spheres for simple instructions. The T-spheres woud have to then act on thier own accord. Independant constructs are not permissable. T-Sphere's are out.

As for the Ironman stats and Mr. fantastic stasis field and moon canon, well now, all of those require specific components and materials and power supplies. They don't have a matter manipulator on thier team. what they are trying to say is that all machines are the same. That you can take a TV and rearrange it into a cell phone. Nope. nimrod has shown to adapt what he already has on the fly. Not invent new shit or matter manipulate into completely new forms.

No Moon canon. No stasis field. No Iron Man stats.

Imma need to see proof that airwave can generate infinite energy. He would be herald level with the ability to have infinite energy at his command. So if you prove he can do it, then he'd be banned anyway. I can show other herald level beings with the same abilities that he has.

except the t-spheres where never programmed in prep. The t sphere's either get in your way, attack you, or are illegal. At any rate, there are no hard light holograms to fool my team. And you've given your position away.

Ok So you guys dont' do an omnidirection attack but you know where my team is? And you are holding us in place. And you have Sinister do this marvelous all battle area attack and he's never shown that level of TP power before? If he has, he'd most certainly be exodus level. Which is herald level. Never mind that he doesn't have the feats outside of his base amp to show that he can do this.

We dont' have any machines on our team. mantis and Mr. T are the first to die in the fight. And you have no T-sheres.

Airwave is capped at the tourney cap of mach ten. IndestructoGirl can match Airwave at those speeds. I've already posted her flying from the north pole to Kansas in a matter of minutes.

OK let me get this str8. You dont' have repulser rays because you can't replicate the tech of iron man. You don't have spider sense. Again with no matter manipulation to aid you in making the precise materials needed. No stasis fields.

And you mention mantis? LOL. everything she can do, Faust can do better. His TK is strong enough to hold Superman in place.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/holdsupermanmn5.jpg
Neither Mr. T nor Mantis will be a problem who can cast spells now much faster thanks to the uber brain power of Brainiac 5. Once either of these two are held in place, Skymage can simply TP to them and tap thier souls and thier powers are his. Now how is your precious Nimrod going to find Faust when he's invisible and has Mr. T's invisible to machine powers? Mantis Dare not go astral. Faust already knows how to deal with astral projections.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/rejoinpsyche2wr1.jpg

You see, you thought I had everything riding on one plan. Hah. Two people on my team you definitely don't want to touch.

No stasis field. No moonbuster weapon, and Nimrod won't be turning into an analyzer unless he has the components to do so. which means you need matter manip. As I said. You are limited to what Nimrod has done on panel unless you have matter manipulation to change the actual components of your parts.

Next Post. How my team still pwns yours. Seriousy.

fangirl101
Why my team still pwns his.

He's got one flyer who's very fast and mobile.
We have Two flyers that hit the speed cap and another who can use TK and Teleport.

Instances of IndestructoGirl's fast flight
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Superman20v220019-08.jpg

Here shows that Artemis has worn the sandals of hermes.
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/10/49/1230841_1000x1511.jpg

And here show's Skymage using all kinds of tricky movement methods that make it hard to get a lock on him.
Here Faust uses shadow casting and Teleportation to get away from Batman
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/teleportvz4.jpg
he shows Teleportation abilities again.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/telekill3pb4.jpg
Telekenetic Abilities
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/levitaterw7.jpg

So while you have one very mobile Team member, We have Three.

As you've stated your nimrod, sinster, airwave thing is in the air. Going after Killer since she's the only one on my team that is visible.

Mr. T and Mantis will have been Pwned by Skymage with Tk holds and thier souls have been tapped. They are now powerless and He has thier abilities and knowlege of them added to his own.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/stealspowerxl7.jpg

Of course he kills them instantly by melting thier heads into goo.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/meltzl5.jpg

Meanwhile back at the ranch. Killer, IndestructoGirl and Sinister Air Nimrod are all hopeless chasing each other in an aerial battle since they all have the same speed.

Killer is mimicking combat maneuvers from the other too due to her Echo powers. becoming harder and harder to hit as the fight goes on.

Now here's the thing, IndestructoGirl is going to take this fight up close and personal with Nimrod. She's got the advantage. She's stronger, completely indestructible, and is invisible.
But what makes her pwn Nimrod with the quickness are these lil facts about her abilities.
You see grunge is a properties absorber. What ever he touches he becomes. In this instance, Nimrod's tech. He's not copying nimrod's powers. Just his tech. And why would he do this?
Take a gander.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/gen69_014-1.jpg
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/gen69_015-1.jpg
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/gen69_016-1.jpg
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/gen69_019-1.jpg
By copying the Authority's Computer, He was able to hook his Girlfriend up and give her the ability to tap all of the computer's power. He could have done so himself, but the particular ability that was needed was his girlfreinds. She was the one who had to manipulate gravity.

as Soon as Nimrod is touched, I can drain every bit of power from him and use it for my own ends. To amp my other abilities. Let's say I want to complete scatter his atoms all over Via Tk. Totally possible using his own energy against him.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/supergirl1819.jpg

And It's not like he could stop me from doing it. I'm invisible, made of indestructible lasso metal, and strong enough to hold on.

And that isn't even the start of everything I can do to his team.

Blair Wind
Things being what they are this post is now legal smile

Illegalities, hyberbole and holes that cover Fangirl’s plan.

Part 1: The lolz that is the “miracle machine” plan.

Fangirl killed herself by showing scans. The miracle machine is a gift that the team is forbidden to access. Not like an avenger can just grab a Quinjet, or like the SHIELD could just pull some standard COMlinks. In order for Fangirl to have a prayer of a plan, you have to believe the ridiculous assumption that this device is “standard” for all legion members.

You have to believe that, despite Brainiac stating that they should never use it lest it make them lazy, despite them sealing the thing in unbreakable metal so it should never be touched, despite members of the team wanting to destroy the thing because it was too powerful, Fangirl relies on the judges buying that any league member could just pop on over to the machine and wish any whims they wanted. She NEEDS the judges to believe that using the Miracle Machine is as standard as a JLA teleporter, because, if it isn’t, it’s illegal. If there’s anything prohibiting League members from using the machine, it’s illegal.

I’m sure the Avengers would have no problem with Wasp dropping in to use a cosmic cube that they had in storage to wish herself a better husband. That’d be cool with them, no worries.

Don’t let the wool be pulled over your eyes, judges. Fangirl makes ridiculous analogies- comparing the miracle machine to something as standard as the JLA toilets- because otherwise, people realize that a machine with unlimited power isn’t standard at all.

And she needs you to believe this, because if you don’t, her entire prep goes out the window.

This is the lolz part though.

She didn’t do anything with the machine.

She granted a whole bunch of little powers to her team, and left them with little experience using them in conjunction, and left them with nothing that can even hurt us. We’re made entirely of any part of the EM spectrum that we want, and move as fast as the fastest of the opposing team. We’re more powerful, we’re more versatile, we can kill them as soon as looking at them. But she needs you to believe that by listing loads of completely irrelevant powers- weather control, able to shrink to two inches, spells that have to be prepared in advance, control of plant growth. She lists power after power, substituting quality for quantity, and hopes that judges will be wowed.

The fact is, we have all of those powers, and more. Using Nimrod’s limitless adaptability, complete with the genius of Reed Richards, Tony Stark and Mr. Terrific in its entirety. We have every machine they have ever thought of, and any power they can conceive, we can make. And this is in a body that is already starting with the abilities of a speedster that can keep pace with Jay Garrick, a body that’s stated by Juggernaut to be stronger than Hulk (with just as good durability and healing), and complete with a telepath that has punked Jean Grey and messed with Prof. X before.

We’re completely rounded out, and we are unmatched in every category. We even have tactics and coordination that shits all over theirs- Tony Stark and Reed played versions of chess that humans can’t even comprehend. Nimrod coordinates new blueprints for new weapons for threats he’s just detected in that little black line that occupies the space between panels. And we’re up against a team that’s been granted loads of useless powers and no experience using them in conjunction. We can have telepathically speedblitzed them the instant the match has started. They wouldn’t even be able to use telepathy and super speed at the same time.

So, in summary, the lolz part of her miracle machine plan is that it served to be completely useless to her, despite the exaggerations and hyperbole she had to employ to make anybody believe it was legal.

She had god’s power, and did nothing with it.

Moving on….

Part 2: The lolz that is her followup

First, Faust.

She wants to use power copying. This is illegal. It doesn’t matter that it’s only on her team, she wants to use power copying. She showed scans herself of Faust copying the powers of Hal Jordan and Flash. This was to support the notion that he could copy the powers of his team.

I happen to be probably the board’s biggest Faust expert, and I made the respect thread from which she’s pulling scans. I know that Faust’s specialty is soul magic, and that he derives powers from people’s souls. So, that’s strike to for Fangirl. I’d quote the rule where it says that power copying is illegal, but I can’t, for obvious reasons. But I’ll try to have Delph make a special appearance.

Now, though I trust the judges sensibilities, I’d like to touch on why it doesn’t even matter if Faust could copy powers, because the horrible extrapolation shown in Fangirl’s plan kinda reflects the sensibility shown in the post as a whole.

Faust did nothing impressive with the powers shown. Fangirl’s assuming that Faust took all of the powers at full capacity, with nothing to support this.

Faust has only copied two powers at the same time. Beyond that, he stole a lizard being’s appearance and a bit of Zatanna’s powers. But he has never copied the entire LEGION. Which is exactly what Fangirl proposes. She believes that he’ll be able to take all of their powers 5 times over. Not that they’d even stack, not that he could wield all the new power, not that it would affect the outcome of the match. But it’s lolz to think that she can extrapolate copying 2 powers to copying 205 powers. (41 members of the legion * 5 times).

And again, he couldn’t differentiate between powers.

On top of this, he assumes that Faust would have the power to do this. Throughout Faust’s entire history, his gimmick is that he can accomplish powerful things, but that all of his magic comes with a price. For this reason, he couldn’t affect Superman with his magic. And because of this, he’s always had a very ominous limit that he dares never breach.

But Fangirl has completely ignored that.

And so, despite him only having ever copied two powers, she’s decided that not only can he now steal 205 high meta level powers at once, he can also significantly power the whole team via their ability to amp (since the kryptonians can take in sunlight for extra power).

Faust barely has any amping shown on panel. Fractional.

The sun, on the other hand, produces more energy per second than humanity has as a whole, for our entire existence.

This is the power that Fangirl suggests Faust can casually expend. And that’s just a second of the sun being used, nothing compared to what Superman and Supergirl need to process in order to be noticeable.

So, lolz. Plan completely failed.

Second, Grunge.

Grunge has copied some sand, some air, some water.

Basic elements.

Now she’s trying to support the idea that Grunge can copy the properties of Diana’s magic lasso. One of the most unbreakable items in comics- you’d have to be a universal level reality manipulator to break it. It’s eons old, was created by beings on Odin’s level of power, and is completely one of a kind.

Somehow, Grunge’s ability to be able to replicate the properties of sand translates to his ability to reproduce incredibly powerful magic.

Could he copy Juggernaut’s durability by touching Juggs? Could he replicate all the powers of Mjolnir by touching it? What about Odin’s staff? Is that fair game?

This is all ridiculous extrapolation, once again, demonstrated by our opponents.

Anyways, the conclusion is that there’s not a single element of Fangirl’s prep that’s believable. And honestly, after the amount of dirt she’s tried to sweep under the carpet, it becomes pretty clear how much of her arguments are baseless fluff.

Blair Wind
If in fact the Miracle Machine was destroyed on panel, this latest version of Brainiac would not be able to use the machine as it would no longer exist.

However, if on panel evidence is provided of the destruction of the miracle machine, the machine would be voided from Fangirl's prep and be inadmissable in favor of B-Dub and Smurph's contention, and all uses of the machine by Fangirl would be nullified in this battle.

Ok cool. He eats it:
http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=melad56387778vu4.jpg
http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=melad66279752lx3.jpg

Stating he ate it, years ago.
http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=melad156755134hc7.jpg

Moving on with life, now that we know its illegal...

Originally posted by fangirl101
I"ll start with this part first.
Mr. Sinister's TP at it's best is in his Base of prep. He specifically used machines to amp his TP if he even has any in any other instances.He's also never shown fine tune control to read someone's mind and extract the exact information that quickly. There will be no info for Nimrod other than what he gets with his amalgam. The best we see from Sinister is limited mind blast on single targets.

Sinister pwns. Get used to it.

Telekinisis:
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Colossus%20Bloodline%203_13.jpg
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Colossus%20Bloodline%203_14.jpg

Mentally pwning Jean and Psylocke:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg04cy0.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg07ka7.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg08zc2.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg09ee7.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg10my7.jpg

Pwning Nate Grey and turning off mutant powers (not fine tuned enough? He freaking SHUT OFF THEIR POWERS!) :
http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmanxforce0002alt4.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmanxforce0003jv5.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmansinister0004qy4.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmansinister0005kz3.jpg

Hell, if you can prove you even have Psionic powers, we can just rechannel it at you:
http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xforce5722qy7.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xforce5723vl2.jpg

laughing
He has worked on the helmet himself. As for drawing energy he can store signals as energy even if they're being used on Thanagar or Rann and he also has enough energy to power a twenty mile wide EMP casually. Scans in the scan only post

laughing I know for a fact Delph rules them as smart bombs. Its a good try though.

Yet, we have a shapeshifter (both Nimrod and Sinister can do so), and Nimrod with future technology. Being that they can both control themselves on a molecular level, we can change the mechanical pieces of Nimrod.

Nimrod has made use of more powers than probably any other person in the high meta tier or below it. He's countered everything from Kitty's phasing to Nightcrawler's teleporting to every New Mutant power in panels, and you expect us to believe he's got all that stored in the same material? That's what you expect judges to believe? The fact is, the premise of the character is that he can shapeshift his technology to match any given situation. We're simply adding creative, super intelligent minds to the mix. I need not site all the powers he's used, post every bio listing him as a shape shifter, and show him actively changing his power set to counter others, do I? We can make what we please. Stop grasping at straws.

T-Spheres? Check
Holograms? Check
Offense that totally kicks you non legal offense into shambles? Check.

You want to know what they can do? Check the scans only post coming soon.

Anyways...scans post coming soon. Stay tuned for further updates smile

Blair Wind
Scans only post:

T-Spheres
T-Spheres automatically warn him of things trying to sneak up on him, like Batman:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/13-batmannotice.jpg

They are able to release electrical charges:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/16electricalcgharges.jpg

Of course their best ability is to create extremely intricate holograms, with sound included. They are good enough to fool Ultra-Humanite, a telepath, with the powers of the freaking THUNDERBOLT for some time.
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/17uhumholograms.jpg

More use of his holograms, fools a thug:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/29Hologram.jpg

Fools Kobra, a with enough realism to make it seem like he killed Sand:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/2-hologram.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/2_2-hologram.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/2_3-hologram.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/2_5-hologram.jpg

Of course, he can use holograms to make people invisible:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/4-invisiblehologram.jpg

His T-Spheres can shoot gas out of them, here they are equipped with cloud of cellulose:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/19cloudofcellulose.jpg

They are able to download data and show it to him:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/26Download.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/21data-1.jpg

They can explode, with enough force to separate Captain Marvel and Black Adam and send them flying:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/22-explosions.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/22_2-explosions.jpg

A thing to note, he DOESN'T need to command his T-Spheres with speech...his mask doubles as an encephalic broadcaster, enabling him to command them with his mind...even if he is laying on a hospital bed, and isn't capable of moving or talking:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/23-thoughtcontrol.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/23_2-thoughtcontrol.jpg

T-Spheres are able of creating lasers and laser grids, to very specific degree as seen here when he gives a command of what they need to be:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/24lasergrid.jpg

He can use them to levitate himself:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/28Formationstairway.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Tourney/27_2SupplyofT-spheres16.jpg

Nimrod Scans:

http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm194page14xy7.jpg
http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm194page15pl2.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm194page16sq3.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm194page17ah6.jpg
http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm194page19sy3.jpg
http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm194page20xu7.jpg
http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm194page21mf5.jpg

-Develops levitation, +Hulk strength and a disintegrator beam.
-Super magnetism
-Super sensors, teleporter tracker, forcefield
-High frequency beam, plasma bolt, energy shield that he develops to counter/turn off Kitty's phasing
-Psionic inhibitor field, super durability
-Synapse dislocuter
-Super healing, teleportation

Nimrod fighting New X-men:
http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newxmen31006ww1.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newxmen31009fi6.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newxmen31016ib5.jpg
http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newxmen31017yi2.jpg

Disintigration Ray is more thorough than Ultrons:
http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img005hb6.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img006eu5.jpg

Sinister

Telekinisis:
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Colossus%20Bloodline%203_13.jpg
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Colossus%20Bloodline%203_14.jpg

Mentally pwning Jean and Psylocke:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg04cy0.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg07ka7.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg08zc2.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg09ee7.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg10my7.jpg

Pwning Nate Grey:
http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmanxforce0002alt4.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmanxforce0003jv5.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmansinister0004qy4.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmansinister0005kz3.jpg

Re-channeling powers tenfold:
http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xforce5722qy7.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xforce5723vl2.jpg

Airwave
Explanation of powers:
http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kobracontrolaq3vb7.jpg

Turning into microwaves beaming himself between satellites and destroying them as he goes:
http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beamsatellitessi1kn4.jpg

Keeping pace with Jay:
http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=keepspeedwithjay2ku1.jpg
http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=keepspeedwithjayuz2.jpg

Tapping into radio frequencies with his powers:
http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=radiotaptravelcl7.jpg

Causing an EMP in a 20 mile radius:
http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=empdt4.jpg

Stating he can pick up and store signals and then emit them as energy:
http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=canstoreenergyyi1.jpg

Communicating with/through T-spheres without permission (which shouldnt be possible)
http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=communicatethroughtsphefq3.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=communicatethroughtsphexn0.jpg

Can trace EM signals across galaxies:
http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tracesignalsao5.jpg

Speed of light travel and reflexes (notice how he outraces GL's beam?)
http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=speedoflighttravelry8.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?image=speedoflightreflexeslc5.jpg

Planetary travel
http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=planetarytravelnf2.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=planetarytravel2pc9.jpg

Showing he can receive signals all the way from Thanagar and Rann
http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lightyearswidecommunicamv3.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lightyearswidecommunicayq0.jpg

Tech

Tony blocking Moondragon:
http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mindstatictu8.jpg

Psi Scrambles Onslaught:
http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psiblocker9tr5.jpg

Tony has a personalized psi blocker, and even a world class level telepath, who having taken over the entire world, cannot take out Tony:
http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mentalloblock1cx2.jpg
http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mentalloblock2zd1.jpg
http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mentalloblock3ka2.jpg
http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mentalloblock4br8.jpg

Stasis Field
http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mentalloblock1cx2.jpg

Absorbing the Nova Flame:
http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=absorptionnovablastpx8.jpg

Absorbing Fire:
http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fireabsorbtionpulseboltrm6.jpg

Absorbing Thor's lightning:
http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=magiclightningabsorbedzn4.jpg
http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lightningboostqb9.jpg

Against an Examplar:
http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=powerup2jt4.jpg

Hotter than the Sun
http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hotterthanthesunds0.jpg

Or even just a bunch of repulsar rays from a mobile weapons platform:
http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ironmanv129610jh9.jpg
http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ironmanv129611lz0.jpg
http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ironmanv129612mt6.jpg

Sonics
http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sonicshutdownnu7.jpg
http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sonicshutdown1rm0.jpg

Reeds moon busting weapon:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/richardstech.jpg

to be continued...

fangirl101

fangirl101

fangirl101

Blair Wind

fangirl101

fangirl101

illadelph12
***Official Announcement***

I've had to make far too many of these posts this week...

The amount of full appearances for the character Air Wave III (Harold Jordan), and the legality of his drafting under the provisions of the 10 full appearance requirement, was brought into dispute yesterday. Upon intense, extensive research, it was discovered that the character did in fact have 10 appearances as a whole:

# JSA: Our Worlds at War #1 (September 2001): "The All-Stars"
# JSA #49 (August 2003): "Princes of Darkness Part 4: Army of Darkness"
# JSA #50 (September 2003): "Princes of Darkness Part 5: The Last Light"
# JSA #51 (October 2003): "Princes of Darkness Coda: Justice Eternity"
# Birds of Prey #70 (late September 2004): "Between Dark and Dawn, Part Two: Huntress/Prey"
# Birds of Prey #72 (late October 2004): "Between Dark and Dawn, Part Four: Material Girl"
# Birds of Prey #73 (early November 2004): "Between Dark and Dawn, Part Five: Blood and Circuits"
# JSA #77 (November 2005): "Mixed Signals"
# Infinite Crisis #2 (January 2006): "The Survivors"
# Infinite Crisis #3 (February 2006): "Divine Intervention"

However, 2 of these appearances, Birds of Prey #70, Birds of Prey #72, were confirmed as simply being either cameo appearances, or appearances of the character being imprisoned and not engaging in any actual activity within the story.

By rule, Air Wave III would in fact not be useable due to not meeting the established full appearance quota. He's been removed from this match.

All arguments/plans concerning the character's use are to be disregarded.

-Management

illadelph12
I just didn't buy some of the stuff you were selling, Fangirl.

I didn't believe that what Faust was doing was power stealing, I thought it was power copying and that is as Smurph has said illegal. Also, I don't believe the properties of the Lasso could be replicated.

Ultimately the loss of Air Wave affected this match heavily, however, I still believe that (Let's remember I personally am disregarding the power "stealing"wink, Nimrod/Sinister could deal with the remaining combatants.

illadelph12

illadelph12
And for my final ruling for this week, but at least 8th ruling for this match...

This match was a SERIOUS headache. It turned into the Florida State Recount Law Suits quickly. However, after all the dust had settled, there was a major problem with this match:

Faust (Skymage, as Fangirl calls him).

Fangirl, in her original prep (which, frankly, would have guaranteed her victory in this match), had Faust steal the powers of his teammates, and then used the wish machine to grant the powers Faust had just taken back to his teammates. The issue is that it was proven that the wish machine was in fact destroyed and so there would be no Legion of Superheroes powers granted to all of Faust's teammates, or the teams original powers returning.

Faust is, however, a superbeing in control of the souls and powers of all of his teammates; Matrix Supergirl, Grunge, Artemis, and Echo. Now what we end up with is pretty much Faust/Skymage and 2 powerless canon fodder amalgams (powerless Matrix/Grunge and Echo/Artemis, who have no "superpowers" to be stolen).

Faust would be extremely powerful.

But also extremely vulnerable.

Fangirl never addressed any independent defenses for telepathy beyond using the powers of the Legion which included telepaths. Once the Miracle Machine determined to no longer exist the rug was essentially pulled out from under her feet. BDub & Smurph's plan was to bombard Fangirl's team with a telepatic assault and then slay them. With Fangirl's lack of telepathic defenses this would be achieved.

Judge Vote: Bdub & Smurph

Note: Fangirl easily had this battle won until it was determined that the Miracle Machine no longer existed per canon and couldn't be used.

fangirl101

illadelph12
And for my final ruling for this week, but at least 8th ruling for this match...

This match was a SERIOUS headache. It turned into the Florida State Recount Law Suits quickly. However, after all the dust had settled, there was a major problem with this match:

Faust (Skymage, as Fangirl calls him).

Fangirl, in her original prep (which, frankly, would have guaranteed her victory in this match), had Faust steal the powers of his teammates, and then used the wish machine to grant the powers Faust had just taken back to his teammates. The issue is that it was proven that the wish machine was in fact destroyed and so there would be no Legion of Superheroes powers granted to all of Faust's teammates, or the teams original powers returning.

Faust is, however, a superbeing in control of the souls and powers of all of his teammates; Matrix Supergirl, Grunge, Artemis, and Echo. Now what we end up with is pretty much Faust/Skymage and 2 powerless canon fodder amalgams (powerless Matrix/Grunge and Echo/Artemis, who have no "superpowers" to be stolen).

Faust would be extremely powerful.

But also extremely vulnerable.

Fangirl never addressed any independent defenses for telepathy beyond using the powers of the Legion which included telepaths. Once the Miracle Machine determined to no longer exist the rug was essentially pulled out from under her feet. BDub & Smurph's plan was to bombard Fangirl's team with a telepatic assault and then slay them. With Fangirl's lack of telepathic defenses this would be achieved.

Judge Vote: Bdub & Smurph

Note: Fangirl easily had this battle won until it was determined that the Miracle Machine no longer existed per canon and couldn't be used.

I'd actually misread a portion of this battle in my original judgment. It turns out that Fangirl did not take the powers of Supergirl and Grunge at all in this match, which changes the dynamics of my judgment in this match greatly. I'm actually going to change my vote because, even without the Miracle Machine, I think that the Grunge/Matrix amalgam, with it's powers, teamed with Faust/Brainiac would be very formidable, and other than the Sinister/Nimrod amalgamation, which is formidable, BDub/Smurph's team doesn't bring much to the table in way of offense beyond the T-Spheres and superior H2H which can be dealt with, and I believe they are greatly overstating the adaptability of Nimrod, and I don't feel they've established the ability to create the necessary components or energies necessary for all of the tech they plan on creating.

Judge Vote (changed) to Fangirl.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.