In the Dead of Space Role Play

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shaggs
Setup:

The ship was just drifting slowly. It's engines had been quiet for two days, and there was no sign of life from the ship. No lights, no, movement, no contact. It was like the crew had just dissapeared. Sadly, that was not the case, and the gruesome deaths of the crew could be seen throughout the decks of the ship. Only those onboard would ever know the true hell that was experienced. The rescue forces from the U.S.S.M.C. Excalibur would only strengthen the hellish monsters aboard the The Sojourner.

Jacob leaned against the wall of HAVEN's main control room, and sighed. Rubbing his eyes, he let out an exhausted grunt. Not having even as much as sit down from two day, really took an impact on the whithered soldier. The comm fizzled and sputtered for a moment, before a frightened marine broadcasted to Jacob. "Sarge.. I'm in the generator room like you ordered. What should I do next?" Jacob opened his eyes and glanced around the room for a second. His flashlight was the only source of light in the room. "Flip the green switch, and then the red switch. Pull the main lever and the power will come back on." Nervously, the marine responded. "Yes.. yes sir." After about twenty seconds, the lights flickered back on, and revealed blood stains all over the room. The main camera's came on to show marines fighting demonic monsters all over the ship. The camera in the Engine Station showed the marine being excited, but a humanoid monster with a huge jagged bone blade, slid across the wall towards the marine. "kid! Behind you!" The marine spun around in enough time to just see the creature before being impaled and drug away. Jacob slammed his hand down on the console in anger.

android217
Jason was running down the hallway from an invisible enemy. Every time he'd turn back, there would be nothing there but the darkness. But when he wasn't looking, he could hear the roars and clanking of multiple monsters. Jason turned the corner quickly. He had slammed into the wall, but kept running. But suddenly he felt himself run slower and slower. The sounds of the enemy kept echoing down the halls.

Jason looked down to see his feet fusing with the floor. He was sinking into the metal. After another second of running, Jason was completely immobile. He viciously clawed the ground in an attempt to escape. His fingers started to bleed profusely. Jason turned his neck around to see an indescribable creature of terror. Before he could allow a scream, the creature decapitated him.

He awoke in the room he had fallen asleep in. Sweat pored like water in every direction. His flashlight moved in every direction to make sure the boogey man hadn't followed him to consciousness. That was the third time in a row that Jason had had that dream. He lowered the light and let out a long sigh.

Shaggs
((Woah.. I actually considering starting my character with a nightmare. Great minds think a like, I guess.))

Jacob moved to the main system communications. "Attention all U.S.S.M.C. Personell. We're under attack from an unknown enemy, but you no doubt have realized this. All surviving marines are to report to HAVEN and are to retrieve as many workers as possible." Turning around, he made his way to the door out of the Communications Array. Stepping into the hallway, he saw a rag-tag group of marines that had barely made it in, in time for the barricade to be put up. He pulled out his pistol and approuched the HAVEN main door. Pressing the release, he came into a hallway where marines were sitting around, on a barricade system. "Alright, group one, I'll be taking your shift for now, get some sleep."

Shaggs
Jacob leaned back and looked out into the now illuminated hallways. It was seemingly safe, but he knew if he ventured far from the barricades, he would be ambushed and killed. Another soldier, that looked to in the safe condition as Jacob, put his assault rifle down, and leaned back in his chair. "Were we able to get a distress signal out?" Jacob nodded his head, but had a grim expression on his face. "It's been nearly two days, and there's been no sign of them..." Just as he finished, the power went down again. Jacob instinctively grabbed his light and turned it on. He scanned the area quickly, with the showwings of fear. When he shined it over the other soldier, he was standing with his rifle raised, ready to fire on a moments notice. All was eerily quiet, as every little sound echoed through their minds. Finally, a blood-curtling scream shattered the silence, and instantly Jacob and the other marine were running back inside of HAVEN. As soon as they did, gunfire filled the air as two monstrocities were tearing marine limb from limb.

jalek moye
Xe walked down a corridor slowly gripping his assualt rifle tightly, He was looked around quickly. He heard a few screams now and then and various unfimilar sounds. He then was walking quickly now and breathing heavily as he looked around.

"What the hell is happening here, i hope some others are ok" he was getting scared.

Shaggs
In a flash all of the gunfire stopped. The creature, along with what was left of the marine, was dead. The other marines slowly moved out into the main hallway, and looked around. "I'm not staying here! There's a ship coming, and I am goinf to be in the docking back waiting for it!" Jacob tried to protest, but was unable, as the marines were already gone. Now he was alone, except for the older marine. "Looks like it's just us, Johnson." Johnson slung his assault rifle onto his shoulder. "Call me Aaron, sir." Jacob laughed and looked down the hallway. "You can just call me Jake."

Blockhead
Med1C walked into the shuttle preparing to transport it's cargo of marines and relief cargo over to the distressed ship, the Soujourner. They had arrived in the area just moments ago and just when communications were about to established, the Soujourner got cut off.

The Major, who was also the team leader of Med1C's squad was busy issuing briefings and objectives on the situation. Med1C already knew what his mission was: find any in need of medical assistance, help them and if possible bring them back to the Excaliber for further examination and cross referencing. After the Major had finished speaking to the various men of Gamma team, he approached Med1C as he strapped himself into the seat.

"You understand what to do tin man?" He asked.

"SIR, YES SIR. I AM TO HEAL THE INJURED AND RETURN THEM TO THE SHIP. AS IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN." Said Med1C with his usual robotic, buzzy voice.

"Alright! Then let's move people! I want that ship secure on the double. DO YOU GET ME?" Shouted the Major as he strapped himself in, the shuttle lurching off the docking bay floor.

"WE GET YOU, SIR!" Came the reply of the marines.

"HOO-RAH!" Said the Major, pleased with his marine's enthusiasm. He had no idea of the hell he would be sending them to.

Shaggs
Two lone marines were hiding in the docking bay, both holding an assault weapon very close. They saw the Excalibur out in the distance, but did not know any way to warn them of what's inside the ship. Panic had already set in between the two of them, and they were afraid of anything that moved. Three other marines laid dead, in the center of the room, riddled with bullets. A Lost Soul slowly floated into the room and scowered the area. It suddenly darted towards the ground, into the body of the marine. It slowly got up, and reached for a pistol clipped to it's belt. It pulled it up and fired, hitting the first marine, and sending the other running. The other marine slapped the blast door release switch, and opened the bay doors.

Blockhead
The shuttle glided through the empty space air with ease, then entered the Soujourner's gravity field and the ship suddenly got heavier and harder to steer. Luckily, the pilot was an experienced one and successfully managed to navigate the shuttle into the docking bay. The power had gone out, meaning no lights were available to aluminate the docking bay floor. Turning on the shuttle lights, the scene in the docking bay unfolded. "Jesus..." whispered the pilot as he touched down onto the cold and hard floor with a clunk.

The rear hatch opened and two by two, the marines piled out, going around both sides of the shuttle. They noticed the bodies of a few marines laying on the floor, one marines operating the bay doors and another with his pistol aimed at the other marine.

"U.S.S.M.C. Search and Rescue, we're here to help you, put down the gun!" Ordered the Major, several marines forming a semi circle around the armed marine.

Shaggs
The injured marine on the ground drew his weapon and fired his entire clip into the dead marine, which only made it fall back. Slowly it got back to it's feet and raised the pistol, shooting the marine at the controls.

Jacob and Aaron tore down the hallway, running from what seemed to be an endlessly persistant creature. They could here it running after them, and would occasionally hear it start to catch up. The lights flickered back on for a moment, showing the way ahead, and started to buzz on and off. "Sarge! Someone's going to need to get to the Bridge and shut the engine's down, or they will keep sucking up all the power." Jacob attempted to reply, but was too out of breath to, so he just kept running until he saw a door. The door slid open and Jacob and Aaron sealed it behind them. "Do any marines read me?"

android217
Jason looked frantically for his radio. He eventually found it buried in under a pile of his civilian clothes.
"This is Jason Mariner," He breathed slowly. "Soujourner security grunt. I read you loud and clear. What were those gunshots I heard earlier?"

Blockhead
A static crackle was heard through the communication marine's equipment. He immediatly backed away and try to tune into the correct frequency to pick up the message.

"What the ****?!" Cried the Major as the seemingly invincible marine turned to him and slowly raised it's gun. "STAND DOWN MARINE OR WE WILL OPEN FIRE!" He yelled. A dozen rifles were cocked and aimed at the marine, but still it raised it's gun. It pointed it towards the Major, who stood transfixed on the spot and pulled the trigger. 'Click.' It pulled the trigger again. 'Click.' It was out of bullets. The Major, regaining his senses quickly tackled the marine and pinned him against the cold, metal floor. "Ah hell no ************!" He shouted as some makeshift cuffs were placed around the marines hands. The marine was then hauled up and led back to the still docked shuttle. "It's alright Med1C, all clear, you can come out now. Hell of a mess out here." Said the Major, cuffing his prisoner to a seat. "You two." He said, pointing to two marines. "Stay here and guard this scum. Phillips, you got anything on communication?" The communications marine looked up, still trying to find the right frequency for ship communications. "No sir, just a repeating distress call. I'll play it for you." The marine pushed a button. '###BUZZ### U.S.S.M.C. Soujourner ###CRACKLE### hostiles ###BUZZ### attempt rescue ###CRACKLE### attempt rescue!' "I'm still trying to patch it up as best I can, but that's all I got boss." Said Phillips. "Keep working on it." Replied the Major.

Med1C was busy examining the bodies for any signs of life, but found none. "ALL SUBJECTS DECEASED. CAUSE: BALISTIC TRAUMA AND BLOOD LOSS." Announced Med1C, no evidence of sadness in his mechanical voice. "Alright!" Said the Major. "Our first port of call is the engine room. We need to restore power to the ship so that we can bring up the sensor logs and see what the hell happened here. Keep your guns cocked and your sights wet. And watch out for friendlies!" Ordered the Major as he moved his team out, save for the two prisoner guards.

Shaggs
"Jason! It's me Sarge! Where've you been hiding!? This place has gone to hell and back.. nevermind all of that. Where are you? I'll come find you, and take you to the loading docks." Jacob made his way down the hallways of the next room, and saw movement in the doorway ahead of him. The power flashed again, revealing two demons eating a dead worker.

The marine constanly struggled against it's restrainsts, trying to reach and kill the two marines. The marine who had opened the main doors, slid down the wall and looked at his weapon.

Blockhead
"Major! Theres two marines still alive over here! Med1C, get over here!" A marine called out. Med1C came hurriedly over and examined the the two marines, who where being held at gunpoint for obvious reasons. "SUBJECT ONE, STATUS OK. ELEVATED LEVELS OF ADRENALINE AND INCREASED HEART RATE. I SUGGEST YOU SIT DOWN AND TAKE DEEP BREATHS." Said Med1C to the very much alive marine. "SUBJECT TWO, BALISTIC TRAUMA TO THE UPPER TORSO, TWO WOUNDS, CLEAN EXIT." Med1C reached into his surgical pack. "PLEASE LIE STILL, THIS WILL HELP YOU RELAX, YOU ARE IN SAFE HANDS. SIR, SUBJECT MUST RETURN TO THE EXCALIBUR FOR A BLOOD TRANSFUSION OR RISK ENTERING A LIFE THREATENING COMA." He said as he injected a clear fluid into the arm of the marine.

"Alright, get him aboard the shuttle. Take him and the prisoner back to the ship." Ordered the Major. The dying marine was carried into the shuttle as the Major began questioning the very much alive marine. "What the hell is going on here?" He asked.

android217
"I've barricaded myself inside my quarters. For the longest time there was something banging on my door. I just laid down in my bunk and kept completely quiet for two days... It smells awful in here. There's no air conditioning or running water. I've had to eat whatever crawled onto my bed," Jason was pacing around his room, slowly gathering his equipment. "How many people are with you?"

Shaggs
"We.. they... I don't know the exact details, but... we attempted to activate the expirimental jump drive.. instead of jumping us to a location, it pulled those things in here.. Oh God! You have to get out of here! They're coming to get us all!" The marine jumped to his feet and ran towards a door, that was still unlocked. "I can't let any of them near the ship!" Just as he reached the door, a huge spike rammed through the door and impaled him. He screamed in agony for a only a moment, before he died, prompting more Wandering Souls into the area. They infected remaining dead.

Jacob, and Aaron snuck past the two demons and made their way all they way down to the docking bay, upper catwalk. "Good enough, the elevator's aren't working though.." They entered into the catwalk just as the Wandering Souls took the bodies.

Blockhead
The communication marine obviously hadn't noticed the commotion and announced: "Hey boss! I got the message working! I'll play it for you!"

'This is the U.S.S.M.C. Soujourner, the ship has been overrun with hostiles. Do not attempt rescue, I repeat, do not attempt rescue.'

"****." Said the Major. As bullets started to fly from the possessed dead marines and the rescue marines. Not build for combat, Med1C took cover behind a control panel, unholstering his pistol and taking pot shots at the dead marines.

Shaggs
Jacob and Aaron shot at the possessed marines clipping one of them. The marine responded by spinning around and firing at them. The catwalk was hit and started to buckle from their combined weight. After a moment, the catwalk broke and sent them both falling, except Jacob had more of a grip than Aaron. This left Aaron just hanging from the catwalk, supported only by Jacob. Knowing that if something wasn't done quickly, they would both fall, Aaron forced Jacob to let go, and fell down towards the floor.

Blockhead
Most of the friendly marines were dead or dying, unable to stop the invincible, dead marines. By sheer luck and misfortune, a stray bullet managed to hit the pilot of the shuttle, still docked in the bay. Falling, dead, onto the controls, the shuttle lurched across the floor, scraping the bottom of its metallic underbelly. It drove right through the middle of the bay, crushing a few friendly and dead marines and slammed into a wall, exploding a huge ball of fire.

Shaggs
Jacob pulled himself up and tapped his comm. "Jason.. I'm with what's left of the rescue team. Tell me what room number and floor you are on." Jacob stood and fired blindy at a dead marine, clipping it in the head. The marine fell over completely disabled. The soul was forced to remain in the body, but could do no more harm. Jacob pulled himself up against a guardrail and yelled out to the rescue team. "Shoot them in the head! It disables them!" Turning around, Jacob opened up a sevice hallway and started to head to the crew quarters.

android217
(ima hafta make up a fake section of the ship i guess..)

"I'm in Quarter Block 6336, on the same floor as the mess hall," Jason answered Jacob. "I hope that things not outside my room still.." He closed his eyes and remembered the horror he had seen in the mess hall. A creature had burst through the door and slaughtered the unarmed men. Jason had managed to slip out while the monster had been preoccupied eating.

Jason slipped out of his mini-trance after a minute of staring into space. Sweat had started to build up on his brow. He had dropped his radio.

Mando' Ade
there was a tapping sound like fot steps outside of jasons room. then a light knocking on the door. "hello, anyone in there?" there was a beeping sound and the door slid open. david pulled himself into the room, the smell of rotting corpses pushing itself in. behind him something fierce looking lay, dead. david closed the door and pulled his helmet off, turning to jayson. "that was not easy. who are you and do you have any comm's? mines shorted out."

Blockhead
What was left of the rescue team opened fire on the heads of the dead marines, having listened to the advise given by the marine up above. Within minutes all the dead marines were well and truely dead. Glancing out from cover, Med1C saw the combat had stopped and immediatly holstered his pistol and went about his medical duties. There was little he could do, most of his squadmates were dead or far too injured to be saved. He gave all the too injured marines an injection of morphine and told them everything would be alright. An obvious lie, but Med1C had learned that this was often the best way to handle a fatal situation.

It seemed that all that remain of Med1C's squad was an engineer and two grunts. The communications marine had used his equipment for cover, but a round had passed through the equipment and through his skull, killing him and rendering the communicator useless. Without communication or a working shuttle there was no way to contact the Excaliber.

android217
Jason reached for his pistol when he heard the knock on the door. When he saw it was another human being, he was greatly relieved.
"Jason Mariner, Sojourner Security Grunt. And yes... I do have this issued radio but its almost out of juice. I have to ask... Who the hell are you?"

Shaggs
Jacob limped down a hallway until he reached a service corridor. Turning sharply, he passed by the corpse of a serviceman who had died in the original assualt. "Smells aweful..." Sadly, it was something he was quite used to. Climbing all the way to the top, he saw a marine cluthching onto a pipe, anchoring himself in place. He was in a laying position, and his legs had been caught in the door. Blood was everywhere and it seemed as if he was barely alive. "S-Sarge.. I did my.. my best to open the comm channels.. but they got me.. I couldn't save any of them.." Jacob leaned over and put his hand on the laying marines shoulder. "You did your best. There's nothing more you could have done." The marine's eyes widened as he was suddenly jerked. Suddenly, he was violently pulled from under the door, and hauled off screaming into the darkness. Jacob immediately fell back agaisnt the wall and opened fire into the dark.

Mando' Ade
"david fenta, security team, uhh, i forget. i know i'm a sniper though." he reloaded his rifle, cocking the bolt action. "we can just hook it up to my suits batterry to partially recharge it. who have you spoken too?"

android217
"A Sergeant Jacob somethin," Jason answered while checking his issued pistol. "What good is a sniper going to do at close range? Especially a bolt action."

Mando' Ade
david stared at the soldier for a moment, a blank look on his face. "did you not see the big dead thing out there? and for that matter do you have no idea how long corridors on this ship are!? i can take them out before they have a chance to hit us! but anyway, most of the time i use an smg." he picked up the radio, opening a small hatch in the back and extending a small cord, plugging it into a small socket on his suit.

android217
"Well I've been locked up in this room for almost three days now," Jason retorted. "Now I'm not going to argue with you about the usefulness of a bolt action rifle... So I'm going to just wait for Sarge to come pick us up."

Mando' Ade
david grinned. "i don't raccomend that. if you want to leave we need to go now. the longer we wait the more likely it is that some of those smaller things will come to eat the bigger one, decreasing our chances of survival." he stepped back towards the door, replacing his helmet. he passed the radio back to jason and pressed the door release, allowing the door to slide open in front of him. "so are you comin, or not?"

Shaggs
After a while, Jacob picked himself up and slowly ventured out of the access duct. It was still dark, but he was now slick with blood from the floor and as terrified as ever. Whatever was on the ship with them knew what it was doing and what it wanted. Slowly, he crept down the hallway until he was about thirty feet from where David and Jason were. "Anybody there?", he said in a low tone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.