Revan + SF Vs. Yuzzan Vong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthCuddles
Revan With Star Forge Vs. The Yuzzan Vong

Red Nemesis
Vong. I think we've discussed how no government before the Empire could handle the Vong. That said, I'd like to see Nihlus (sp?) try to drain some Vong. I'd laugh at his consternation.

That's right. I said consternation in common usage.

Vorpal Ruin
Yuuzhan Vong would dominate.

DarthCuddles
quickquote=11200341](auto quote)

you must be proud of that

Vorpal Ruin
I am incredibly proud of "quickquote=11200341](auto quote)".

Whatever that means. :/

DarthCuddles
ooops my bad

DarthCuddles
Originally posted by Red Nemesis

truejedi
is it ever specified exactly how quickly the SF creates ships? really fast, but thats not relative to anything. If it can produce a capital ship every 5 minutes say, then Revan. If its a capital ship every week, then the Vong. Just depends on its level of production.

Gideon
Shimrra would rent KotOR and take a hearty LOL at Revan being a gimmick rather than an actual character and, in his foolishness, be overwhelmed by a Force-enhanced Gary Stu ritual.

RevanRedeemed
Well, seeing as they both seem to have an Infinite Fleet(not to mention, they both have great leaders), It might NOT have a winner. It might last until one of them grows old and dies. It depends if the leaders duel. If so, then Revan.

Lucien A
Originally posted by RevanRedeemed
Well, seeing as they both seem to have an Infinite Fleet(not to mention, they both have great leaders), It might NOT have a winner. It might last until one of them grows old and dies. It depends if the leaders duel. If so, then Revan. Revan has an infinite fleet, but not an infinite crew. Where he'll get the men for all those ships I have no idea.

Not to mention, I don't think a disruptor field will keep organic technology at bay for long.

Darth_Glentract
His fleet isn't infinite. He has a big factory by those time periods, that's all. He'd get crushed easily by the Vong. Or CIS, Old Republic, Ssi-Ruuk, Hapans, Empire, or even the Chiss probably.

truejedi
well, thats what i'm wondering. How fast DOES that SF produce ships?

Darth_Glentract
Not as fast as many seem to believe. They weren't able to overwhelm that greatly weakened Republic especially quickly...

truejedi
i agree. I think it interesting that its power is over-emphasized throughout the game, and then at the very end, it gets destroyed anyway. If it was such a superweapon, one republic fleet shouldn't have been able to take it down.

Lucien A
Especially with Bastila aiding the Sith most of the time.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by truejedi
If it was such a superweapon, one republic fleet shouldn't have been able to take it down.
Didn't the rebels blow up the death star II with one fleet ? So maybe it wasn't a superweapon if one fleet destroyed. Hell I could take it one step further and say the SF was taken down by capital ships and both death stars were taken down by star fighters. The rebels didn't even use capital ships against the first death star. I'm not saying the SF isn't overestimated (especially by fanboys) but the fact that a republic fleet destroyed it shouldn't be used to say it sucks which you might as well be saying here.

Lucien A
It sucks as a weapon, it's a factory. The DS at least had a superlaser.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by truejedi
i agree. I think it interesting that its power is over-emphasized throughout the game, and then at the very end, it gets destroyed anyway. If it was such a superweapon, one republic fleet shouldn't have been able to take it down.
The Star Forge wasn't taken down easily. Without Revan' help, the Republic fleet would never have won.

1) The massive but invisible shield protecting the Star Forge, was actually disabled by Revan from the planet Lehon. This allowed the Republic fleet to get near the Star Forge.

2) Later on Revan infiltrated the Star Forge and managed to reach and convert Bastilla Shan to his cause. She through her Battle Meditation quickly managed to turn the tide of the war.

3) In this battle, the Sith were also without one of the their greatest commanders - Admiral Saul Karath, who was killed on the Leviathan by Revan prior to this battle. And during this battle, the chief commander of the Sith forces - Darth Malak was also taken down by Revan. So without quality leadership and coupled with the impact of the Battle Meditation of Bastilla Shan, the Sith forces faltered.

Still it took several capital ships to take down the vulnerable Star Forge.

Lucien A
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
The Star Forge wasn't taken down easily. Without Revan' help, the Republic fleet would never have won.

1) The massive but invisible shield protecting the Star Forge, was actually disabled by Revan from the planet Lehon. This allowed the Republic fleet to get near the Star Forge.

2) Later on Revan infiltrated the Star Forge and managed to reach and convert Bastilla Shan to his cause. She through her Battle Meditation quickly managed to turn the tide of the war.

3) In this battle, the Sith were also without one of the their greatest commanders - Admiral Saul Karath, who was killed on the Leviathan by Revan prior to this battle. And during this battle, the chief commander of the Sith forces - Darth Malak was also taken down by Revan. So without quality leadership and coupled with the impact of the Battle Meditation of Bastilla Shan, the Sith forces faltered.

Still it took several capital ships to take down the vulnerable Star Forge. I've got the feeling that you feel... learned, when you describe a game that virtually everyone here has played.

truejedi
yeah, that was just kinda the plot...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.