Who has been the greatest live act ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mudbug
Who has been the greatest live act ever?

The best band or act you've ever seen?

The Stones, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, Queen, Pink Floyd, The Who, Bowie, Dylan, Kiss, Nirvana or someone else?

This Day in Music have just started a poll to find out. If you fancy voting for who you think should win go to http://www.thisdayinmusic.com

You can vote for any act, just go to 'other' on the list.

Alpha Centauri
Prince, by far.

-AC

jaden101
depends on what you want from a gig...i've seen Peter Gabriel when he done the whole stage set coming out of a brief case bit by bit...that was very well done and original

but sometimes i just want the band or artist to come on...blast through a set and finish...Ryan Adams done this best a couple of years ago, for me, when he came on and played 22 songs in 2 hours...no break...no encore...no banter with the crowd...just finish one song and start the next

i've also been to see velvet revolver and it was one of the craziest nights ever...a friend and i were chucked out for jumping about a bit too aggresively...then sneaked back in when the security were dealing with a huge fight that broke out in the foyer...

deathbycorn
SLIPKNOT

chillmeistergen
Hendrix, from what I've seen (as in videos). The Brian Jonestown Massacre seem to have quite some events happen at every gig, The Smiths also seemed to put up some pretty stellar performances.

As for what I've personally seen - Muse, definitely.

AverageSavage
Greatest act i've ever seen was Electric Eel Shock in a little night club with only 30 people in the audience. It was awesome. Everyone was drunk and people were stage diving. Aki (the singer/guitarist) kept knocking down the drum kit and the bassist was all over the place. It was an awesome concert. Even better than Radiohead and Neil Young at Roskilde '08

Ax3l
The Oak Ridge Boys

AC/DC'S_LVR
yns can probably guess my answer

XvampbenjiiX666
All That Remains

Slay
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Hendrix, from what I've seen (as in videos). The Brian Jonestown Massacre seem to have quite some events happen at every gig, The Smiths also seemed to put up some pretty stellar performances.

Muse is definitely up there IMO.

Seeing Metallica in a full stadium was very impressive as well.

Blinky
Call me "queer"... but the most fun I've ever had at a show was seen Depeche Mode live.

They really know how to move a crowd and keep you entertained. I would not call them the best live act ever, but they sure were something to me.

Impediment
The best live shows I have ever seen, thus far, are GWAR and Rob Zombie. The theatrics are epic.

jaden101
Originally posted by chillmeistergen

yeah muse are alot better live than the albums...their show at the mtv music awards a couple of years ago i still think is amazing

MIŠT
Foo Fighters, I guess. Dave Grohl has plenty of energy to keep the gig interesting the whole time.

Kelly_Bean
All performances I have seen live have been good in their own way but I'd have to say Slipknot put on the BEST show! After that, Motley Crue. After that would be Disturbed.

DrewFelton
RHCP was effing amazing live.
Sadly, I have to say that Blink 182 was also good. I wanted to hate them. But Travis Barker is an insane drummer.
Jane's Addiction was good too.

MetallicaT
i would have to say Soul Fly, maybe its because it was my first concert but i was just blow-in away by everything. By far the most hardcore concert i've been to.

occultdestroyer
Linkin Park.
Nuff said.

ragesRemorse
Although ive never seen them, Led zeppelin has the best live album i've ever heard.

Wil7
Kiss
AC-DC
Judus Priest
Moterhead

My favorite ever.

Tyranno-Chris
oh i thought you said gayest live act ever, but the best one is eminem stan feat elton john imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.