Maul + Qui Gon + Obi 1 Vs. Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthCuddles
Darth Maul + Qui Gon + Rots Obi Wan Vs. Rots Sidious

Red Nemesis
I like this match up, but I'd say that Sidious takes it. Yoda said that 'Strong enough to face You are not.' Or something. Kenobi is outclassed, as is Qui-Gon. They would not work well as a team with Maul either. I'd say that the Emperor takes advantage of their lack of synergy and pulls a win 8/10 times.

DarthCuddles
interesting i was first trying to find someone to go well with mauls style and i thought qui gon might then with him came naturally obi wan

Vorpal Ruin
I don't think that Mauls saber sytle would go great with anyone elses. I think battle meditation or a strong force user using strong force moves would better compliment him.

DarthCuddles
what about Mace

truejedi
well, it says actually, "that strong enough to face sidious, you will never be" about obi-wan, so i think thats a little more significant. I think QGJ, and Darth maul are right on the same combat level, and QGJ is just a step below Mace. Now, obviously, from shadow hunter, Maul is a beast with the force. I don't know how we could ascertain QGJ's level of force defense though.

I don't think Sidiuos could rip through the three of them with sabers as he did the B team, BUT its very possible he would kill them all with the force. Since i'm not sure of QGJ's level of force defense though, and i think it would be significantly higher than Kenobi's, or maul's, and maybe closer to mace's level, who was no overpowering user of the force myself, i'd go with something like this:

Sabers: Team 8/10
Force: Sidious 6/10
All-out:Team 6/10.

Master Crimzon
I'd say it goes something like this- either Maul or Obi-Wan, being the biggest threats to Sidious, are taken out with the force immediately. My money is on Maul, simply because he is far more vicious and aggressive, and Sidious knows him. That leaves Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs. Sidious in a lightsaber duel- I doubt Qui-Gon is superior to a guy who was considerably superior to his apprentice after 10 years of training, for example, so my money is on Sidious eliminating Qui-Gon in the b-team style (one thrust), due in part to Qui-Gon's weak defense.

Obi-Wan vs. Sidious in a duel is what happens next. I'm confident Sidious has this one.

Enyalus
MC, what gives you the impression Maul can be easily taken out with the Force? Has it happened before?

Sidious loses a saber engagement, but curbstomps Force only and wins the all important all out by a healthy margin.

Darth Martin
I say Palpatine takes him. Qui Gon would fair no better than Kit Fisto did in ROTS. Then Sidious can wtf pwn Kenobi with Force ala Tyrannus and then Maul will be a challenge for a minute or two and then kills him.

In a Force-only fight Palpatine will rape them.

Faunus
Palpatine wins every time, although not as quickly as he did against Agen, Saesee, and Kit.

BOOG
I dont see Sidious defeating these 3 if there all attackin him together 3 on 1 come on.

Mizukage Yoda
I can see Sids taking this. He can tool them with the Force, or even in sabers. This is the man who leveled Tiin, Kolar, and Fisto: all seasoned swordmasters in SECONDS

Man of Christ
scenario: the trio barge with in blades drawn. palpatine turns his on and lunges foward. as an attempt to defend, maul turns his blade sideways to parry siddious' lunge and accidentaly slices up his team mates thus saving palpatine some time in the process. palpatine parries mauls blade and stabs him in the heart then shocks him for laughs.

this is very much the same as the team sent to arrest palpatine sans anyone nearly as awesome as mace

SIDIOUS 66
Sidious takes all three. He killed three masters in seconds, who were maybe on the same level as Qui gon and Kenobi, and then forced the mighty Windu back. Supposedly Kit was a bit better than Kenobi as far as lightsaber, so i don't see why Sidious could not kill Kenobi just as fast.

truejedi
wait a minute, you can't put maul, Qui Gon, Obiwan on the same level as the B team. They proved, in their very few seconds onscreen, that they were NOT as good as advertised by in-universe opinions throughout the clone wars. Kenobi thought Fisto was better than him, then fisto gets butchered in 5 seconds, means kenobi was wrong. Mace thought htat saesse and Kolar were top duelists in the order, then by dying before they parry a single stroke, they too prove mace wrong.

if this went to sabers, teh logicstics of a 3 on 1 fight is just too much to overcome. We have too much matrix, and lord of the rings from movies right now. In a real battle, aragon would have been dead over and over again. there are simply too many weapons to account for at all times to attack against overwhelming numerical odds in a melee fight. the movies we often see just show these attacks coming at perfectly timed intervals to allow the ehero , or villian to fight them off.

Sids owns this group with the force. Then its down to the old: Can he kill them quickly enough with the force to keep them from engaging him in saber combat. I think not, but very very close. All he has to do is kill one, thenm he can handle 2 of the others.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by truejedi
wait a minute, you can't put maul, Qui Gon, Obiwan on the same level as the B team. They proved, in their very few seconds onscreen, that they were NOT as good as advertised by in-universe opinions throughout the clone wars. Kenobi thought Fisto was better than him, then fisto gets butchered in 5 seconds, means kenobi was wrong. Mace thought htat saesse and Kolar were top duelists in the order, then by dying before they parry a single stroke, they too prove mace wrong.

if this went to sabers, teh logicstics of a 3 on 1 fight is just too much to overcome. We have too much matrix, and lord of the rings from movies right now. In a real battle, aragon would have been dead over and over again. there are simply too many weapons to account for at all times to attack against overwhelming numerical odds in a melee fight. the movies we often see just show these attacks coming at perfectly timed intervals to allow the ehero , or villian to fight them off.

Sids owns this group with the force. Then its down to the old: Can he kill them quickly enough with the force to keep them from engaging him in saber combat. I think not, but very very close. All he has to do is kill one, thenm he can handle 2 of the others.

Agreed. Also, how 'bout that Sarro vs. Qui-Gon thread? *hint hint*

Gideon
This is terrible logic. So because they were unable to challenge Darth Sidious, the most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith in galactic history, they "are not as good as advertised by in-universe opinions throughout the Clone Wars"? According to the Making of Revenge of the Sith, Palpatine is so powerful that "You must be Mace or Yoda to compete" with him. That does not preclude the idea that Masters Tinn, Fisto, or Kolar are highly skilled duelists.

Moreover, in addition to their accolades from Obi-Wan Kenobi, Agen Kolar's status relative to Windu is confirmed by the omniscient narrator, the official databank lauds all of their skills, and the Complete Visual Dictionary refers to all of them as a "trio of celebrated swordsmen" who assist Mace.

Like it or not, they're great.

truejedi
ok, poor logic perhaps.

I still contend these 3> B team, no matter how powerful they may have been called at various times. Maul defeated Anoon Bondara, who using the same sources that say Kolar and Tinn are powerful, would have to be greater than both of them. Qui Gonn lost to Maul, yes, but seemed to do (perhaps, unprovable) at least as well as Bondara did against him.

Obi-Wan beat Anakin. do you think Tinn or Kolar could have done that? Or that they could have bested grievous? i think no in both situations.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Gideon
According to the Making of Revenge of the Sith, Palpatine is so powerful that "You must be Mace or Yoda to compete" with him.

Gideon, I don't have that source, so can you tell me what is said after that? Someone mentioned "Mace or Yoda or Anakin if he wasn't burned to compete"... Any truth to that?

And I think you're right about one thing, TJ: Tinn or Kolar would've been screwed fighting Grievous alone.

Gideon
No, there is no truth to that. It said that Anakin would have been able to defeat the Emperor if he hadn't been crippled at Mustafar, but everyone knows that, given his extraordinary potential.

Enyalus
Gotcha. Perhaps was paraphrasing.

SIDIOUS 66

So you are saying that because they were killed by Sidious so easily they were no good? That is a very poor arguement.

truejedi
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
So you are saying that because they were killed by Sidious so easily they were no good? That is a very poor arguement.

gideon already pointed that out, and i revised my argument...

SIDIOUS 66
gideon already pointed that out, and i revised my argument...

Sorry i did not read beyond your reply until i already quoted you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.