How effective is djem so

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beast1234
How effective is djem so in combat. Who was the best user of djem so and can martial art be applied to it.

Fan Skywalker
I heard anakin is the best Djem user (at his time) but, then again there is also plo koon, although i'm leaning towards anakin. I guess martial arts could be applied to supplement djem if it trains one in the use of a sword like weapon.

Lightsnake
Bane might be the best Djem So user known besides Anakin.

Djem So is like any other form: Incredibly deadly and effective in the right user's hands

Red Nemesis
Got something on your mind, Sport?
big grin

Gideon
Don't mess with Lightsnake when he's been drinking.

"Djem so is the same as any other fan?" Christ, LS, don't believe the rednecks. Drinking is not a sport!

Lightsnake
Oh, screw the both of you!

Gideon
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Oh, screw the both of you!

Yeah, that's a cosmic sign of intoxication. There's no way in hell that's happening.

Fan Skywalker
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Bane might be the best Djem So user known besides Anakin.

Djem So is like any other form: Incredibly deadly and effective in the right user's hands

Stang how could i forget about Bane.

Ultimate Vader
Djem So has a lack of mobility, but offer you great and powerful attack. It depends on raw power, and Anakin is the best person for this form, because of his connection to the force allows him to become very strong. Ataru gives you acrobatic move and speed, Shien gives you defense and critical strike, Djem So gives you very-very powerful strike. And martial arts will just improve Djem So effectiveness, because your punch/kick will be very strong, due to Djem So's ability to DOMINATE people.

I've heard people saying that Vaapad is like Djem So, but more deadly. I don't think so. Vaapad feeds on dark side emotion like hatred and vengeance (that's why Mace is very strong). It gives you power, but not on Djem So''s level. Because hatred and vengeance have their limits. Unless we're talking about Hulk. That's something else. And Vaapad also has that superconducting loop thing that makes the form effective against dark-siders.

In other words, people with insane strength (like Hulk/Supes) = cannot be beaten. Sorry for being off topic a little bit.

Enyalus
In the PT era, the best Djem So user was probably Anakin. Dooku notes that Anakin is the finest Djem So practitioner he'd ever seen - and he was a former lightsaber instructor at the Jedi Temple.

Bane is up there, too. Although, of course, not in the PT era.

Captain REX
That's debateable, Enyalus.

beast1234
Bane was said to be fast

Enyalus
Originally posted by Captain REX
That's debateable, Enyalus.

Which part?

Captain REX
Bane not even with PT persons? Unless I read that wrong, which is possible.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Captain REX
Bane not even with PT persons? Unless I read that wrong, which is possible.

He was (I think) only saying that Bane wasn't alive during the PT era. Not that he wasn't on the PT era's level.

I think. Enyalus can speak for himself, but that's what I got out of it.

Enyalus
Red's right. I meant that Bane wasn't around in the PT Era. But for the PT era, Anakin was the best Djem So user.

Happy_Sith
Pretty good from what I can tell.

But it has strengths and weaknesses like any other form.

Ataru is agility based aggression, Juyo borderline wreckless aggression whilst Djem So is power based aggression.

I do not believe that it is mentioned in KOTOR 2, though it is a variation of Shien.

Darth Exodus
Anakin, Bane and Luke, although I don't know who was the best with it. Luke's probably the best out of them though.

Ultimate Vader
Ataru's limitation is "tactical" disadvantage (like small room).
Juyo's limitation is anger (yes, it draws strength from anger, but anger has limit).
Djem So's limitation is mobility (because it is focused on dominating enemy).

Luke doesn't use Djem So. He use the fast-medium-strong style of the New Jedi Order. He only replicated Vader's form V (it doesn't look like Djem So, IMO) in that fight.

Any weakness can be covered.
Ataru = small-sized body (like Yoda, for example), so you can move well
Juyo = have unlimited anger like Hulk
Djem So = high Force reserve and good body, so you can kill people easily with good mobility (like Anakin)

Enyalus
Bane moved so quickly at one point that he struck his opponent three times before anyone even realized what had happened. And he's a 6'6'' 'mountain of muscle' with insane Force reserves, too.

That's just unfair, really. lol

beast1234
Originally posted by Enyalus
Bane moved so quickly at one point that he struck his opponent three times before anyone even realized what had happened. And he's a 6'6'' 'mountain of muscle' with insane Force reserves, too.

That's just unfair, really. lol

look at NFL players they they size, strength and speed

Enyalus
...That's nice. Usually when they play, though, I can see them move.

Unless I'm drunk.

Happy_Sith
Quick question:

What Form does Starkiller use when he duels?

beast1234
shien and djem so

beast1234
i was wrong his style was shien,soresu and juyo

Ultimate Vader
Originally posted by beast1234
i was wrong his style was shien,soresu and juyo

That's right. But usually he uses Juyo.

Ultimate Vader
Oh, for the the topic. Djem So is just effective as other forms like Shi-Cho, Makasi, Soresu, Ataru, Shien, Niman, Juyo, Vaapad, and Fast-Medium-Strong in the right hand. Anakin and Plo Koon, for examples.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.