The Sun's heliosphere is shrinking...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tsscls
What can we do to decrease our carbon imprint on the sun?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/3222476/Suns-protective-bubble-is-shrinking.html
Shame on us all!

Robtard
Already watched the movie "Sunshine" (the one not about the Jews), thanks though.

tsscls
Originally posted by Robtard
Already watched the movie "Sunshine" (the one not about the Jews), thanks though.

Look, this is serious. Don't blame the Jews for this. Everyone knows they explode when they come into contact with cosmic rays! Serious discussion only. mad

jaden101
interesting...i guess if it's linked to the solar winds then it'll be linked to the 11 year solar cycle of solar maximum and minimum...which means the shrinking could be just temporary given that the solar max was 3 years ago (maybe 2...cant remember)

the sun goes through other more prolonged cycles as well in which solar winds differ in strength...could be related to one of them too

this is something i may look more into if i have time

Robtard
Originally posted by tsscls
Look, this is serious. Don't blame the Jews for this. Everyone knows they explode when they come into contact with cosmic rays! Serious discussion only. mad

Idiot, Jews implode; any sensible person knows this.

Robtard

BackFire
Have no fear everyone. I shall rape the sun.

tsscls
Idiot, Jews implode; any sensible person knows this.

I sincerely apologize for my mistake. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
I sincerely apologize for my mistake. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Psst, here I am wasting my time with a true-green rookie.

tsscls
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/10/the_sun.html
This is neat, too!

jaden101

Robtard
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/10/the_sun.html
This is neat, too!

It's obvious the sun is just taking a well needed and deserved holiday, it's been providing heat for 4.5 billion years non-stop. We really shouldn't complain.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
kind of stopped reading about half way down tbh

I jumped and just read the end.

inimalist
Originally posted by BackFire

bless you, sir

tsscls
I didn't read it at all. Can you fill me in?

Robtard
I didn't read it at all. Can you fill me in?

The guy before me still hasn't pulled out.

tsscls
The guy before me still hasn't pulled out.
When you're done, could you tell my mom I said, "Hi?"

Red Nemesis
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/3222476/Suns-protective-bubble-is-shrinking.html
Shame on us all!

OH NOES!!

The guy before me still hasn't pulled out. Originally posted by tsscls
When you're done, could you tell my mom I said, "Hi?"

You're both gross. sick

dadudemon
If this has happened before and it's a cycle, we should have some form of geological (The moon and Mars are other resources, but I highly doubt a rigorous methodology for "geo"logical sampling has been established for mars yet) "residue" of the increased cosmic radiation. We may be able to plot it IF it is a cycle and form a mathematical model that could predict past sample results and solar occurrences. (duh)

My opinion is it's just stupid hyperbole to garner attention/funds. I could care less, though, as I think NASA needs to have its budget increased ten fold.

Originally posted by BackFire

laughing

tsscls
Originally posted by dadudemon
If this has happened before and it's a cycle, we should have some form of geological (The moon and Mars are other resources, but I highly doubt a rigorous methodology for "geo"logical sampling has been established for mars yet) "residue" of the increased cosmic radiation. We may be able to plot it IF it is a cycle and form a mathematical model that could predict past sample results and solar occurrences. (duh)

My opinion is it's just stupid hyperbole to garner attention/funds. I could care less, though, as I think NASA needs to have its budget increased ten fold.

laughing

Wow, you need to read less into what I said, and more about what the scientists said in the article. I was joking when I made this out to be an enviromental post. And if you're just slightly less dumb than i assume, NASA is going to make up a story about the sun's heliosphere shrinking to get more money?
Who are you voting for this year? It doesn't matter. Don't.

Robtard
Originally posted by Red Nemesis

You're both gross. sick

So says the guy who got hard after reading that, omo.

lord xyz
That article doesn't provide any evidence that say CO2 causes global warming.

WrathfulDwarf
Shame on us all!

Al Gore is making a new documentary? confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.