Where is love for One Piece

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lionfranky
I don't know why there are so many DBZ, Naruto, threads while there is none for One Piece? I bet Narutards here think One Piece is weak when it is the strongest in current trinity.

Slaanesh
yeah..one blast from eneru can kill anyone from naruto..eneru and his lightning are the best..

yungz22
i just dont like one piece nothing against the show though

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by lionfranky
I don't know why there are so many DBZ, Naruto, threads while there is none for One Piece? I bet Narutards here think One Piece is weak when it is the strongest in current trinity. ...One Piece isn't stronger than DBZ. no expression

Kento
Well DBZ is the strongest of the three you named for one. Unless the trinity you mean is Naruto, OP, and Bleach.

Second. I guess One Piece just doesn't have that flair Naruto has and DBZ has. Or even Bleach. Though I personally like OP more than Bleach.

Slaanesh
i like OP more than naruto and bleach..

Nemesis X
One Piece has went down the toilet big time. Got devoured by Naruto and took a large steaming pile in the toilet that was One Piece. The Show gets flushed and there's your reason why it's never been shown on Toonami again.

Quincy
One Piece is the shit.

Sanji ftw.

Magee
Originally posted by Quincy
One Piece is shit. yes

lionfranky
Originally posted by Nemesis X
One Piece has went down the toilet big time. Got devoured by Naruto and took a large steaming pile in the toilet that was One Piece. The Show gets flushed and there's your reason why it's never been shown on Toonami again.
The thing is, my friend, 4 Kidz. They butchered the show and made people think One Piece is dumb. And DBZ is not trinity with One Piece.
One Piece, Naruto, Bleach. Like that. And One Piece side has light speed. We all know that Naruto and Bleach do not have light speed. Heck, they don't even have sound speed.

Dark-Jaxx
Considering in an an instant there are characters in Bleach who can in a single leap go a few miles while carrying someone else, yeah, they are sound speed.

And Madara in Naruto can move as lightspeed.

And here is the thing, sure, there are like...Two people in One Piece who can MOVE at lightspeed, but can they react at lightspeed?

Bada's Palin
One piece, great art.

lmao.

Endless Mike
Look at Oda's backgrounds, seriously.

The reason One Piece is unpopular in America is because of the stupid dub where they edited everything out for no reason.

It's actually the most popular shounen manga in Japan, way more popular than Naruto. And the plot and characters basically blow Bleach and Naruto out of the water.

lionfranky
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Considering in an an instant there are characters in Bleach who can in a single leap go a few miles while carrying someone else, yeah, they are sound speed.

And Madara in Naruto can move as lightspeed.

And here is the thing, sure, there are like...Two people in One Piece who can MOVE at lightspeed, but can they react at lightspeed?
That's hyperbole and unproven. Show me where it says he can move at speed of light. Look at official Naruto guide book. It says Haku with his mirrors can move at speed of light. Anyone with common sense knows that that is not true. We shouldn't trust official statement entirely without solid evidence.

And Bleach tends to overemphasize speed, so that's not solid enough.

And it is general consensus that light speeder has light speed reaction. And it is true. It is other way around you think.

Kero_Co
and HxH isn't part of the trinity because? or is this a US based trinity? Still, it tops all other typical shonen fair.

TheBadguy
More importantly where is the love for Gurren Lagann.

as for one piece, the art style is hard for a lot of people.

Dark-Jaxx
That's hyperbole and unproven. Show me where it says he can move at speed of light. Look at official Naruto guide book. It says Haku with his mirrors can move at speed of light. Anyone with common sense knows that that is not true. We shouldn't trust official statement entirely without solid evidence.

And Bleach tends to overemphasize speed, so that's not solid enough.

And it is general consensus that light speeder has light speed reaction. And it is true. It is other way around you think. Zetsu stated that Madara's jutsu allows him to move at lightspeed. And yeah, Haku's is bullshit, it is proven hyperbole, Madara's is not. He has shown in instants traveling places across the country or even the world.

Yeah, it is. Kyoraku in a single leap went miles in an instant, that is pretty damn specific to be hyperbole.

No it isn't, that's bull.

lionfranky
Zetsu stated that Madara's jutsu allows him to move at lightspeed. And yeah, Haku's is bullshit, it is proven hyperbole, Madara's is not. He has shown in instants traveling places across the country or even the world.

Yeah, it is. Kyoraku in a single leap went miles in an instant, that is pretty damn specific to be hyperbole.

No it isn't, that's bull.
Teleportation =/=light speed.
We can't fully trust words of characters. It's like whole Sentry having 1 million sun exploding power.

Dark-Jaxx
We can't fully trust words of characters. It's like whole Sentry having 1 million sun exploding power. You are right, technically, it is better.

Only that has pretty much been disproven.

Magee
We can't fully trust words of characters. It's like whole Sentry having 1 million sun exploding power. He may not move at exactly the speed of light but basicaly he moves so fast that Zetsu thinks he does. Regardless of wether Madara can move at 186kmps or not he is still fast.

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Look at Oda's backgrounds, seriously.

The reason One Piece is unpopular in America is because of the stupid dub where they edited everything out for no reason.

It's actually the most popular shounen manga in Japan, way more popular than Naruto. And the plot and characters basically blow Bleach and Naruto out of the water.

Oh yeah, the characters in one piece are so deep.

lionfranky
Well here is my order... based on feats and some power level scaling. Under planet buster level.

One Piece>=Gash Bell>>>>>>>Black Cat>=HunterXHunter>>>>>>>Bleach>>>>>Naruto.

I don't know every manga, but that's what I think.

Dark-Jaxx
One Piece is not that much stronger than Bleach or Naruto.

lionfranky
One Piece is not that much stronger than Bleach or Naruto.

There is only one PROVEN mountain buster in Naruto. And Kimimoto said Naruto characters wouldn't be able to dodge bullets. Same goes to Bleach regarding their power and speed. There is thing called comparing SCALE. So many mangas make it seem like their characters move so fast. But there is still difference.

Luffy beats Enel, a living lightning. Enel said that he couldn't dodge Luffy's attack. Now with gear second, Luffy is faster. And we know that Enel was capable of wiping out an island. Guess what? They are still considered as mid tier.

Gecko Moria splits island with a single punch.

Now Yonkou!

Whitebeard and Shanks clash their swords and split the cloud as SIDE EFFECT.

Show me Naruto and Bleach coming close to that. Pretty much most high tiers of Bleach and Naruto were shown now, but they don't come close to that.

NonSensi-Klown
Right, because physical strength is the only kind of strength.

Slaanesh

Luffy beats Enel, a living lightning. Enel said that he couldn't dodge Luffy's attack. Now with gear second, Luffy is faster. And we know that Enel was capable of wiping out an island. Guess what? They are still considered as mid tier.

Enel is not a mid tier..he's a top tier..all Logia type user are top tier except for Crocodile maybe..Enel was tacking out everyone with ease until Luffy showed up..he's a living lighting for god sake..

Wil7
I have never really cared for one piece.

lionfranky
Originally posted by Wil7
I have never really cared for one piece.
Then why bother?

dant3g0
One Piece MIGHT not be as powerful as DBZ or Naruto but they SURE are hell a lot funnier and a lot more entertaining.

The characters are much more interesting and less annoying like in Naruto. And they don't have no Killer Fillers.

Accel
Yeah, One Piece far exceeds Bleach and Naruto in quality; has been for a long time. Great characters, tons of fun moments, plenty of badassness without overdoing it, etc. The only currently-running shonen series that tops it right now is Eyeshield 21.

And I know I've bitched in the past about the story being slow-paced, but when compared to Bleach and Naruto right now, at least something happens in each chapter. And the recent fight where the Strawhat crew faced their first real loss was a great humbling moment for the good guys.

Accel
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Well, yeah, they are.

Every main OP character has a detailed background and history that shaped who he/she is now. And unlike some other series like Naruto, they manage to pull off each character having a defining tragedy happen in his/her lifetime without making them come off as angsty about it.

Classic NES

leevan15
one piece is way better than Naruto have you seen the luffy vs lucci

leonheartmm
actually, powerwise, currently, one piece is below naruto {kyuubi, 8 tails, diedara's final attack, amaterasu/susano, pain's country destroying jutsu, shiki fuujin, kirin etc}. but as far as CONSISTANT regular feats go, yeah, one piece characters are generally more UNIFORMLY powerful. bleach.......... blagh, its only prior addiction which makes me read the manga.

now as far as ANIMES go, heres how the tier is

pre shippuden naruto
bleach
naruto shippuden
one piece

the THING is, even with proper dubs, they just WERENT succesful in bringing the feal of the manga{wacky and awesome} to the anime.

however, talking about MANGA, one piece is up there with naruto, followed by bleach{bleach is actually much better as an anime than a manga, the manga is darn boring}.

hunterxhunter..............well, leaving out the CONSTANT hiatus, it really isnt that engaging of a storyline, the ANIME is pretty sweet, but then, a lot of it isnt based on complete cannon and it finished off pretty early{although its darn good}.

speaking of............ WHY do people forget fullmetal alchemist, the manga is among the most awesome u can read{up there with one piece, despite the difference in style} and the anime, even though limited and deviating much from the manga, is probably better than all the animes mentioned above. {hey, pay homage to old series, rurourni kenshin was a BEAUTIFUL manga}

also, in mainstream shounen, inuyasha{which ended a couple of months ago} was extremely good {manga} even though no1 bothered to read it.

in the newer age shounen, 666satan was an awesome manga{is gonna be an AWESOME anime as its going to start being made soon} and blazer drive is pretty good. soul eater is fun too, overall the worst BIG NAME shounen series currently is dgrayman.

seinen- tenjou tenge is still pretty sweet, berserk is well......bersek, gantz is ok.

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by Accel
Well, yeah, they are.

Every main OP character has a detailed background and history that shaped who he/she is now. And unlike some other series like Naruto, they manage to pull off each character having a defining tragedy happen in his/her lifetime without making them come off as angsty about it.

Because every character needs to have something incredibly tragic happen in their past, otherwise how can they be decent characters? Right? right? That's how it is isn't it? A character must go through something very tragic in order to be a good character? That's how it is isn't it? yes? Is that so? That's how it is isn't it? Because being upbeat and hiding inner sorrow is such a great trait? yes? It's so great when all the characters in the show basically act the same retarded way? yes?

It's still possible to be a great character without having your entire history revealed.

Dark-Jaxx
There is only one PROVEN mountain buster in Naruto. And Kimimoto said Naruto characters wouldn't be able to dodge bullets. Same goes to Bleach regarding their power and speed. There is thing called comparing SCALE. So many mangas make it seem like their characters move so fast. But there is still difference.

Gecko Moria splits island with a single punch.

Now Yonkou!

Whitebeard and Shanks clash their swords and split the cloud as SIDE EFFECT.

Show me Naruto and Bleach coming close to that. Pretty much most high tiers of Bleach and Naruto were shown now, but they don't come close to that. 1. No, he stated that Kunai in Naruto do not move as fast as bullets, but yeah, I would agree that most are not that fast. Only one? Well there is Deidara who with his final blast was pretty much able to do a nuke, there is Kyuubi who flattens mountains and causes Tsunamis with one tail, there is the Eight Tailed who with a single blast caused uber destruction on a massive scale, there is Naruto right now who is either cutting large hills or small mountains in half with an unnamed jutsu, but Naruto powers don't go on who can destroy the most mountains. Bleach characters...Some have been proven to be able to travel faster than sound effortlessly in a leap while carrying someone...Friggin Sajin recently lifted up a 200-300 foot giant and threw him like a doll...Then we have Kenpachi Zaraki who overpowered Sajin in their fight effortlessly, casually slashed a building in half, and when clashing with Ichigo cut several buildings in half...Ichigo with Bankai was able to block hundreds or thousands of razor sharp and powerful petals all coming at him from all sides...Yeah they are definately weak and slow, right? no expression

Enel does not have lightning reaction speed though, he can only travel like lightning by turning into lightning. Enel mid-tier? BULL. SHIT. Oda has directly stated that if Enel were a pirate with an actual bounty, he would have a bounty of 500,000 belli, which would make his the single highest known bounty in One Piece. Enel is factually one of the strongest characters in the series.

Good for him. That single punch would never hit the likes of Madara or Itachi, who could use a genjutsu or Tsukiyomi to pwn him.

Not a real quantifiable feat...

They may not be as "powerful", but they are more versatile and possess useful powers. Most One Piece characters have a few powers, but nothing really diverse.

leonheartmm
one piece heirarchy {very rough}

monkey d dragon/gold d rogers{whose willing to bet theyr related, if not the same person}
blackbeard
white beard/shanks
enel ru {the only reason lufy beat him then was due to the rubber defence and the bell disruption}
portgas d ace

i like one piece because the universe has an air of openness/adventure/vast horizons .
id like to find out the whole deal behind super weapons and the lost civilasation/lost century. the mythos in one piece is just wonderful.

Dark-Jaxx
Well IMO Ace is a tad below those characters, as Blackbeard beat him and Ace stalemated Smoker.

leonheartmm
yea but i did out ace beloe enel, how much lower do u want him? oh, forgot

dracula eye mihawk
the shadow guy who luffy beat by mixing his two gears
the light commander on the world line in the current arc.
the marine commander buddha{the guy with the huge seagull on his head}
luffy
the other two pirate kings on the other side of the grand line

btw, what do people think "one piece" is? a treasure? sum device concerned with the technology of the lost glyphs/century, sum kinda document undermining the world government's credibility concerning the lost century which can be used as leverage against them for blackmail{like a record of the lost century or sumthing}, sum kinda plan for a super device of sorts, sumthing concerned with the power of the ocean, a myth made to inspire people to freedom of thought which began the great age of piracy????

also. who else thinks gold d rogers is monkey d dragon? and the MOST WANTED MAN IN THE WORLD? {because of his ideals, which are very similar to rogers}

Slaanesh
i don't think they are the same person..dragon is garp son..roger and garp are about the same age..at least that's what i think..

Accel

Man of Violence
The show kinda sucked, I still watched it tho, but that was cuz the Manga was really phuckin good, one of my favs.

occultdestroyer
No thanks.

I'd rather watch Animal Yokocho haermm

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Bada's Palin

Show me one Naruto or Bleach character with a better history than Nico Robin.

Dark-Jaxx
Konohamaru. 131

Slaanesh
cuz he didn't die after putting his face on Tsunade chest laughing that is one great history there..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.