S03E07 - Eris Quod Sum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Official Episode Preview

Trapped and terrified, Nathan and Tracy fight for their lives against a much-changed, monstrous Suresh to free themselves, Maya and the doctor's other "test subjects." Elle returns, with a shock for Claire and her family. Meanwhile, aware of Peter's ruthless take down by her rivals at Pinehearst, Angela reaches out to convince Sylar to save his brother. Since he won't sign up with the Villains, Daphne is ordered by her boss to go back and kill Matt -- or be killed herself. While in awe of the African precog's power, Hiro still questions Usutu's advice on how to best face his gathering opponents.

Eris Quod Sum Preview

JlJt4mjvG8g

Discuss...

S_D_J

Blue_Hefner
Sylar retains Peter's abilites??? I have a feeling Angela is gonna be the one who dies. In the preview, it looks like Peter gets thrown a window. :/

Entity
Really looks like its gonna be great. I just can't get enough of Peter's "I'm gonna make you pay for EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER DONE!" line. It just good to finally see Peter take the lead and the fact its while he's powerless and still standing up to his father is pure awesomeness IMO. eek!

Sylar secretly being a Petrelli all along still makes me sick but what are ya gonna do? And I'm still holding out to find its all bs anyway.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Sylar retains Peter's abilites??? I have a feeling Angela is gonna be the one who dies. In the preview, it looks like Peter gets thrown a window. :/
yeah, it does look like he is the one falling

about who dies... she was supposed to die last episode but it looks like she was spared one more time is Maya who dies, no questions about it...

I like Daphne and I hope they keep her around

Captain REX
I have a feeling that Maya is leaving the show, having been stripped of her powers at long last and now having no reason to be in America, or at least not with the people present in the show.

Very good episode! I like where things are heading. I like how they explained Sylar's adoption by the Grays, having been put up by Angela after receiving a horrific vision of what he would become.

Darth Vicious
I hate how they turned Sylar into a punk. With all his powers, How the hell is Mohinder going to get the drop on him and beat his @$$!

If Maury was the "death" they were talking about, then it did nothing for the show. He was a "meh" character.

starlock
An ok episode...I am not thrilled that it looks like Sylar is a Petrelli....it reeks of bad writing...And they kill another interesting villain....Out of nowhere Arthur petrelli is now the big bad....but i find myself not caring.....Adam could have started the companies...thier research....he could have been the whole reason for the show..but no lets kill him....and now Maury..a villain we have invested time with....and i liked the relationship with Matt he had......i feel that the writers are just scrambling and coming up with this stuff on the fly.....again there were some great moments......but the show just does not do it for me at this point....now we will get an episode to clear up this mess...involving a time before the show started for the characters.....i find these kind of repetitive themes annoying

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I hate how they turned Sylar into a punk. With all his powers, How the hell is Mohinder going to get the drop on him and beat his @$$!

If Maury was the "death" they were talking about, then it did nothing for the show. He was a "meh" character.

Some people say Sylar lost all his powers except telekinesis because of the virus he had.

Darth Vicious
Didnt the Haitian had the virus too? He didnt lost his powers.

Entity
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Some people say Sylar lost all his powers except telekinesis because of the virus he had. That doesn't make sense! Why wouldn't he have lost that power as well if that were the case? It was stole just like all the others except for his knowing how things work.

Besides we know he also still has Ted's radiation ability as well form the last future episode.

Captain REX
It was thought for a time that Sylar did, yes, but as Entity says, he not only shows off induced radiation when he blows up Costa Verde, but he also painted the future. Those two were abilities he had prior to the viral injection.

It may be a 'return to use over time' thing with his powers. Even so, he DOES have sound manipulation and witnessed it being used by Peter very effectively. You think he'd use it...

I think the writers are trying to distance themselves greatly from Season 2 by throwing the characters into a plot that is so out-of-nowhere, as far as Arthur being the big bad is concerned.

AlmightyKfish
Meh, the death of Maury in this was annoying, as we have no cool villains left now.

The main reason I carry on watching this is for Hiro/Ando. And for the superpowers of course.

Hiro >>> Peter as a character. He's far more interesting, as Peter is always in the same situation it seems.

Mairuzu
I have to disagree with you about Hiro

i find his part the most boring part of heroes

celestialdemon
Didnt the Haitian had the virus too? He didnt lost his powers.

That's right, and he was on the verge of death. Molly still has her powers, too.

celestialdemon

I agree. When that happened, I was pretty disgusted with the episode. Sylar used to be a beast. Now that he's a good guy, they are making him look weak. It's just sad.

Captain REX
Sylar was impressive when he first walked in to save Peter, but I will pin it on Sylar not expecting Mohinder to suddenly have massive strength and enhanced reflexes. Mohinder, the nerdy scientist from India that Sylar had screwed around with for two seasons without any feeling of personal threat, suddenly leaping on him and smashing his head in... it made sense to me.

I think Maury was also wasted. Woohoo hero motivation for Matt, but he was already a motivated hero and good guy (actually one of my favorite characters).

Darth Vicious
I understand that Sylar got distracted and Mohinder got the drop on him but Sylar should have been able to get him off of him right away.

I only watched Heroes last night because Prison Break wasnt on and the Red Sox got eliminated of the World Series. Otherwise, I wouldve watched it online today.

Elite Hunter
I agree with Rex on all accounts. (save for Matt being one of my favorites.) I was pretty disappointed how Maury was killed. I was looking for a showdown between him and Matt now that latter has really started to use his power. Maury and Adam were both wasted just to hype of a single villain and now their rivalry that they had with a hero (Matt and Hiro) can never be resolved.

Did anyone else get the feeling that there maybe a Meridith vs Tracy battle coming in the future?

Captain REX
I snickered when Meredith and Tracy gave each other the stink-eye. Fire and ice, gentlemen! Hots blondes trying to kill each other with the elements! Or something.

I didn't think about that, Hunter. But yeah, Hiro and Matt no longer have their rivals, which is a little disappointing. Hiro is being given more villains to fight, but they aren't Adam, and not Matt just wants to avenge his father's death instead of playing off against him.

S_D_J
I pretty much liked this episode... it wasn't as boring or as stupid as other episodes... maybe cuz I'm beggining to accept the crazy wtf moments so far, that I'm just going along with it, since they will stick no matter what...

I like Arthur overall, Robert Foster does a great job as Hero/Villain. He has charisma and gives a menacing presence to the character... plus I love how overconfident he is... though I still wish they hadn't gone along with "sonny dearest" Sylar.
Maury getting killed only serves as to show off how powerful Arthur is, which is a shame cuz he shold have been kept around... but hell, guess we won't be seeing Linderman anymore... besides next episode

Hiro and Ando are still dumb though, and their sequences only served as aset up for next episode.

Elle and Claire were fantastic... as were Tracy and Meredith: Super cat fight eek!

a time travel to the past next episode yay! erm

Btw: I did got it wrong with Maya... I guess taken care off doesn't necesarily mean dead, but still she won't be back... so she's still out of the show...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.