Anti-Monitor vs. the Source

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Both at full power

quanchi112
Am wins.

kevdude
The Source

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
The Source I dont think the Source could take the coie Am. What makes you believe that the Source could?

kevdude
Well it seems to be The Source that pumped up the Spectre with the power to take care of COIE AM wink

quanchi112
Well it seems to be The Source that pumped up the Spectre with the power to take care of COIE AM wink The Spectre was amped by other mages and what not. You continue to confuse the source with the presence.

EkinEku
exactly how does the anti monitor take out the source?

kevdude
He doesn't, AM went beyond the Wall and tried to mess with The Source and its act of creation.

shokosugi
AM wins this

quanchi112
Originally posted by EkinEku
exactly how does the anti monitor take out the source? By being more powerful.

fangirl101
The Source. The only reaons some people would say that the AM wins is because the source is connected to DS. And it's thier life's duty to destroy any credibility that the New Gods have.

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
The Source. The only reaons some people would say that the AM wins is because the source is connected to DS. And it's thier life's duty to destroy any credibility that the New Gods have. No,because coie was much more impressive than anything the Source brings to the table.

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112
No,because coie was much more impressive than anything the Source brings to the table.
The source was more powerful than the Hal Jordan Spectre. The Source allowed the spectre to experience what it was like to be God.

That is far more powerful than the AM at the height of his power.

quanchi112
The source was more powerful than the Hal Jordan Spectre. The Source allowed the spectre to experience what it was like to be God.

That is far more powerful than the AM at the height of his power. Libra has shown to be able to resist the Spectre also. The Spectre I already think is greatly overrated on this forums.

This isnt about the Spectre its about Am. Spectre needed an amp and still was unconscious. AM>Spurce imo.

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112
Libra has shown to be able to resist the Spectre also. The Spectre I already think is greatly overrated on this forums.

This isnt about the Spectre its about Am. Spectre needed an amp and still was unconscious. AM>Spurce imo.
Libra did Not resist the Spectre. the Spectre was unable to judge libra. Much like how the LT was unable to judge protoge. Or Korvak.

The Spectre was punished for using his power the wrong way.

Anyway, The Source is far more powerful than the Fully powered Spectre. It's up there. It's more powerul than The AM.

quanchi112
Libra did Not resist the Spectre. the Spectre was unable to judge libra. Much like how the LT was unable to judge protoge. Or Korvak.

The Spectre was punished for using his power the wrong way.

Anyway, The Source is far more powerful than the Fully powered Spectre. It's up there. It's more powerul than The AM. Protege is a different being altogether. The Protege was defeated while thge Spectre still hasnt done a thing to Libra. Libra who is nowhere near the threat of Protege.

I disagree. The Spectre has performed greater feats than the Source.

Mr Master

Much like how the LT was unable to judge protoge.
True,
but Protege is an anomaly located 1000 years in the future,
who's momentary existence was imo a signal of what humanoids will become
one day in the future,
(that is, Gods, above all the Abstracts)

Or Korvak.
Don't go there good friend.

You know that was a silly What if from 1982.

(LT attacked Korvac indirectly by making the local Sun go Nova)

That's senseless,
besides the fact that mistress Death somehow helped Korvac survive,
which is also ridiculous considering the power Korvac had.

Finally,
LT demonstrates (with a thought)
true power by ripping that entire Universe from the Multiverse,
then LT seals up that entire Universe in an impenetrable barrier.

Right, but instead uses a pathetic super nova to engage Korvac? dontgetit

See what I mean friend?

Galan007
AM went beyond the Wall and tried to mess with The Source and its act of creation. AM's agenda had nothing to do with the source, when he ventured to the dawn of time. it had to do with him wanting to destroy all of creation, before it ever kicked off . it's not like he ever did, of ever spoke of, engaging the source.

kevdude
Originally posted by Galan007
AM's agenda had nothing to do with the source, when he ventured to the dawn of time. it had to do with him wanting to destroy all of creation, before it ever kicked off . it's not like he ever did, of ever spoke of, engaging the source.

The entire point the AM went to the dawn of time was to stop the positive universe from being created, trying to impose his will on creation (The Source) itself and was stopped by The Spectre who wanted the positive universe to exists and at the time The Source was just a massive pool of energy until it became aware and decided for both to exist, then giving The Spectre the power to banish the AM.

Mr Master

The Source was just a massive pool of energy until it became aware and decided for both to exist, then giving The Spectre the power to banish the AM.
Didn't the AM survive, although Spectre had the all that power plus the magicians' power?

Imo, this means AM > Source

kevdude
Originally posted by Mr Master
Didn't the AM survive, although Spectre had the all that power plus the magicians' power?

Imo, this means AM > Source

Yeah it survived for some reason or another we don't know why, only The Source knows why. AM is not eternal or the reason why creation exists so The Source >>> AM

Mr Master

Yeah it survived for some reason or another we don't know why,

only The Source knows why.
When did the Source reveal, it knew the secret?

AM is not eternal or the reason why creation exists so The Source >>> AM
Being "eternal" and being responsible for creation,
doesn't make one Supreme.

Just sayin,
if the Source's power, plus Spectre's, plus all those magicians combined wasn't enough,
I don't see how the Source's power (alone) can be > AM.

Imo.

Galan007
The entire point the AM went to the dawn of time was to stop the positive universe from being created, trying to impose his will on creation (The Source) itself and was stopped by The Spectre who wanted the positive universe to exists and at the time The Source was just a massive pool of energy until it became aware and decided for both to exist, then giving The Spectre the power to banish the AM. you're reading into that event WAY too much.

kevdude
When did the Source reveal it new the secret?

Just sayin,
if the Source's power, plus Spectre's, plus all those magicians combined wasn't enough,

Imo.

The Source would have to know why he still exists, my guess is he was never suppose to die there. The Source powers everything so AM could not even change events after it became self aware..

Dark-Jaxx
When was it ever stated Spectre was fully backed by the Source when he briefly fought AM?

lionfranky
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
When was it ever stated Spectre was fully backed by the Source when he briefly fought AM?
IMO. Spectre was not fully powered when he fought AM. He could've killed AM. Read words of Dr. Fate. And didn't Mike say that Spectre was at full power when he fought Great Evil Beast?

kevdude

When it says "The Spectre screams and the power explodes inside him" it was either The Presence or The Source giving him that power

Dark-Jaxx
...Tell me that is not your only evidence. no expression

kevdude
...Tell me that is not your only evidence. no expression

That and the fact they are at the Dawn of Time (beyond the Wall of the Source ) itself,have any other being it could be?...

Knowsbleed33
Anti-Monitor ftw.

fangirl101
When did the Source reveal, it knew the secret?

Just sayin,

Imo.

The Spectre had the power to defeat the AM. he messed up. And I don't remember the source being in the Crisis Story line.

Galan007
The Spectre had the power to defeat the AM. he messed up. And I don't remember the source being in the Crisis Story line. it wasn't. hence my statement:Originally posted by Galan007
you're reading into that event WAY too much.

EkinEku
the presense and the source are 2 separate beings in DC? I've never read there ever being a distinction but correct me if i'm wrong

kevdude
More info on The Source, not reading to much into it Galan. cool

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8971/87526140kv0.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/457/52423391or2.jpg
http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oc220000rx9.jpg

fangirl101
More info on The Source, not reading to much into it Galan. cool

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8971/87526140kv0.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/457/52423391or2.jpg
http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oc220000rx9.jpg
What are we looking for in these scans?

quanchi112
Yeah it survived for some reason or another we don't know why, only The Source knows why. AM is not eternal or the reason why creation exists so The Source >>> AM Just because you are eternal that doesnt mean you are more powerful. erm

fangirl101
Originally posted by EkinEku
the presense and the source are 2 separate beings in DC? I've never read there ever being a distinction but correct me if i'm wrong
Yes. They are two seperate beings. Lucifer talks trash to the source like it's a 5th grader and he's in the 8th grade.

quanchi112
Yes. They are two seperate beings. Lucifer talks trash to the source like it's a 5th grader and he's in the 8th grade. Just because he talks trash that doesnt necessarily mean he is above it. But.really who besides kevdude thinks that the source and the presence are one in the same.

Galan007
who, beside kev, thinks the source had anything to do with COIE?

kevdude
More info about it..
http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oc220001pz0.jpg
http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oc220002vz4.jpg

vlaaad12345
And im still failing to see what the hell the source had to do with COIE.

kevdude
Comeon guys, where did the AM go in COIE?? the Dawn of Time, why do you think The Spectre finally took some major action? Cause he had too..

fangirl101
Comeon guys, where did the AM go in COIE?? the Dawn of Time, why do you think The Spectre finally took some major action? Cause he had too..
The Source is the beginning of time for the God World. Not the begging of Time for The DCU. The DCU's origin specifically shows God's hand creating the DCU. Krona saw it.

Enyalus
Both the AM and The Source look incredibly gay.

But where the Spectre battled AM, The Source battled DS. And DS > Spectre in coolness.

By the greatest logic known to the comic universe, The Source wins this. And decides to get plastic surgery afterwards.

kevdude
Actually its both, Lucifer went there and stood on his shoulder.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
who, beside kev, thinks the source had anything to do with COIE? Nobody,it seems.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.