Do you spend more money than what you earn?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm curious with the KMCers piggy banks.... so feel free to share your experiences.

Do you usually spend more money than usual?

Aside from things like food, clothes, education, rent (or mortage) do you feel you're spending more than usual?

Or you just buy what you need and feel satisfied.

Share with us.

GCG
I do.

Most of us live beyind their means. Personally as soon as the end of the month comes i would have already budgeted 2/5 of it on expenses, while the rest goes into debt incurred.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm curious with the KMCers piggy banks.... so feel free to share your experiences.

Do you usually spend more money than usual?

Aside from things like food, clothes, education, rent (or mortage) do you feel you're spending more than usual?

Or you just buy what you need and feel satisfied.

Share with us. i do sometimes. ive mostly gotten into a bad habbit of eating out cause im to lazy to cook and ive gain some weight big time.

Bardock42
If you usually spend more money than usual I'd say something is severely wrong.

Symmetric Chaos
I've never understood why people are stupid enough to spend more than they earn (except when it comes to a house or taking care of kids).

FistOfThe North
I picked "I'm very careful with my money and I'm careful with my purchases".

I don't care how much money you have, even if you have alot of it, never bite off more than what can fit into your mouth. You'll most likely choke.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I've never understood why people are stupid enough to spend more than they earn (except when it comes to a house or taking care of kids). I don't get it when it's not necessary stuff. That just weirds me out.

dadudemon
No. I have Jewish ancestry...and I'm proud of it.

KharmaDog
I don't get how people can over spend without fear of consequences.

I saved for a house and got one that I could afford. I wanted a truck so I saved and I pick up my new Pick up tomorrow night.

My wife and I still go on vacations and buy the occasional treat, but we live well withing our means. I see people who live beyond their means, and though they have alot of cool sh*t, they are stressed out to the nines.

Look at the mortgage situation down in the states, to me it looks like it comes from many people trying to live beyond their means, and many people facilitating that lifestyle to make a quick buck.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Bardock42
If you usually spend more money than usual I'd say something is severely wrong.

I spend more because I'm a collector. So does that make me wrong?

Shame on you Bardock...shame on you. schmoll

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I spend more because I'm a collector. So does that make me wrong?

Shame on you Bardock...shame on you. schmoll Y-yeah.

I collect stuff, too. Yet I don't ruin myself.

Deja~vu
^^ Cause you're already ruined. LOL

NO.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I've never understood why people are stupid enough to spend more than they earn (except when it comes to a house or taking care of kids). dont have kids. that always helps

chillmeistergen
Yeah, I over spend a lot - mainly on having good nights out. Why would I ever worry about it? It's just money; people build up an idea in their heads that money is the most important thing, it's quite a shame.

Robtard
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Yeah, I over spend a lot - mainly on having good nights out. Why would I ever worry about it? It's just money; people build up an idea in their heads that money is the most important thing, it's quite a shame.

At your age and being single, I say bravo, you have all your older years to worry about bills, a nest-egg and all that.

Besides, you could die tomorrow and what would a savings account serve you then?

Just a tip, don't get severely into debt whilst having your fun.

NonSensi-Klown
If I ever get low on cash I can always steal a TV from Robbie's house again. So I don't see the problem.

Robtard
This time around, having the ****ing decency to flush the toilet before you leave, that greasy deuce you left floating for me when I came home wasn't cool, not cool at all.

chillmeistergen
So long as don't slip back into cocaine, or perhaps something harder, I shouldn't have a problem. Have no clue what I want to do for a living, at the moment, though.

KharmaDog
Why would I ever worry about it? It's just money; people build up an idea in their heads that money is the most important thing, it's quite a shame.

Why worry about it?
1. I like to eat.
2. My wife likes to eat.
3. I like to live in a decent house in a decent neighbourhood.
4. My wife like to live in a decent house in a decent neighbourhood.
5. I don't want to work for the rest of my life, so we save money when we can.
6. My wife doesn't want to work for the rest of my life, so we save money when we can.

I could go on...but I think you see where I am going with this. Money is not the most important thing in the world, actually enjoying your life and taking care of the ones you love is (at least to me). Money facilitates that, thereby making it also...rather important.

Robtard
So long as don't slip back into cocaine, or perhaps something harder, I shouldn't have a problem. Have no clue what I want to do for a living, at the moment, though.

Don't stress over it, the most interesting people I know are decades older than you and still haven't figured that out yet.

Ever think of writing? Can't say exactly why, but I think you'd be good at it.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Robtard

Trust me on this one, it's a hard go.

Robtard
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Trust me on this one, it's a hard go.

Well yes, it's one of those things you either have or don't. Like artistic talent, you can teach and improve yourself, but if you're not inherently good at drawing, painting etc., you'll never standout at it.

I have a feeling (call it a gut feeling) Chilly has it in regards to writing, he just had to find his angle.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Why worry about it?
1. I like to eat.
2. My wife likes to eat.
3. I like to live in a decent house in a decent neighbourhood.
4. My wife like to live in a decent house in a decent neighbourhood.
5. I don't want to work for the rest of my life, so we save money when we can.
6. My wife doesn't want to work for the rest of my life, so we save money when we can.

I could go on...but I think you see where I am going with this. Money is not the most important thing in the world, actually enjoying your life and taking care of the ones you love is (at least to me). Money facilitates that, thereby making it also...rather important.

You must understand that I am speaking my opinion, surely?

I personally don't actually think any of those things to be very important. I don't have a wife, and if I ever do, they will hopefully agree with me on such matters - though if not, I will probably succumb to all this bullshit.

You can eat very well on a very modest salary, especially outside of the precious little world we call the west - AKA shit hole. **** the UK, America, Canada, the whole of Europe - it's all shit.

Don't stress over it, the most interesting people I know are decades older than you and still haven't figured that out yet.

I love to write, have written a fair few short stories etc.

I'm very shy about it all though, which is a problem.

KharmaDog
You must understand that I am speaking my opinion, surely?

I do, surely.

I personally don't actually think any of those things to be very important. I don't have a wife, and if I ever do, they will hopefully agree with me on such matters - though if not, I will probably succumb to all this bullshit.

Enjoying life is not bullshit. The reasons you choose to do something may be predicated on the bullshit that media thrusts at you. But if you have made an informed choice on the basis that it is right for you, than it's not bullshit.

You can eat very well on a very modest salary, especially outside of the precious little world we call the west - AKA shit hole. **** the UK, America, Canada, the whole of Europe - it's all shit.

Having travelled reather extensively, I have yet to find a corner of the world where money doesn't matter. There are some places you can stretch a dollar further, but that does not mean the buck counts for nothing.

I'm very shy about it all though, which is a problem.

So long as you have a thick skin and are tenacious (as well as talent of course) you can do it. It's just feast or famine. Right now I'm feasting allright, but it'll be hard to forget some of those famine days.

Naz
I pretty much buy what I want while keeping a vague idea of what I have at the bank. Since I live with my parental units I don't have that many expenses to worry about, but I usually won't buy something if it costs more than $50.

Robtard
Originally posted by Naz
I pretty much buy what I want while keeping a vague idea of what I have at the bank. Since I live with my parental units I don't have that many expenses to worry about, but I usually won't buy something if it costs more than $50.

I'll sell you a fling with my penis for the bargain-basement price of $49.99, can't pass that up.

dadudemon
Money is one of the most important things in this modern world. Yes, it doesn't have to be THE most important, but it's up there with the other "importants". You can't enjoy life living in a box on the street when it's -5C outside....almost dying by freezing to death is not what most people envision as "livin' it up".

Of course, that's an exaggeration, but you guys get the point.

I'll sell you a fling with my penis for the bargain-basement price of $49.99, can't pass that up.

*passes up*

no expression

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon

*passes up*

no expression

The offer was to Naz and Naz only, you douche.

dadudemon
The offer was to Naz and Naz only, you douche.

*passes up a second time, and sniffs for no reason*

no expression

Strangelove
Since I currently don't have a job, yes.

chillmeistergen
Same, I'm living off a student loan. Waste of time really, I hate the course and will probably drop out at some point.

Bardock42
I mean the question is where do you get the money from. A debt of many thousand bucks has to come from somewhere. And sometime those people will probably want the money back. And, yes, money is not the most important thing, but when you have such a debt it can so severely worsen your living situation that it might very well seem like it. Debt is not really a horrible thing if it is within reason and you can take care of it. But it is a risky game, you don't know whatever can happen to change your situation and make you unable to cope with the debt you built up. So, I don't understand the attitude of many people nowadays that obviously don't go about it reasonably, and create such huge debt that their living standard suffers from it greatly.

Mindship
No, I don't spend more than I earn. The Jonses aren't worth it. Common sense rules.

botankus
When things get tight, I fall back on armed robbery to get me back on my feet again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.