Favorite Christmas Films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
What are some of your favorite movies that somehow pertain to Christmas? Two of mine would have to be A Christmas Story and The Nightmare Before Christmas. I haven't seen the latter in far too long.

Also, don't ask why I'm starting this topic in October; I've just been feeling some Christmas-esque nostalgia lately, not sure why.

chillmeistergen
Home Alone.

Discos
ah fine little topic here, even tho it isn't really christmas time yet, but hell I love feeling all xmassy

Me and my younger cousin watch either Home Alone 1 or 2 every year, this year it is #1, its always a good laugh as we do it after xmas lunch, been doing it for about 5 years now.

But that aint my xmas movie... oh no my friends, every xmas eve I watch "A Muppets Xmas Christmal Carol" think I have been doing for about 13 years now

MildPossession
It is always Nightmare Before Christmas. Watch it every Halloween, and every Christmas. Absolutely adore the film. I also blast the CD soundtrack out too smile

jaden101
i'm old school..."it's a wonderful life"

catherine2255
Christmas is not Christmas without star wars (old editions)

MildPossession
I can do without Star Wars anytime. stick out tongue

Hopefully this year they will put some thinking into the television schedule, and put on films that haven't been on year after year after year...

coolmovies
they didnt put star wars on last christmas . My fav is home alone 2

Menetnashté
How the Grinch stole Christmas is a must. I mean the original cartoon not that Jim Carry crud.

Discos
meh, recently a guilty pleasure of "elf" or "the santa clause" could do me nicely.

Or the movie where santa has to go into New York (or somewhere) and find a replacement for him before midnight... or else, (anyone remember the name of that?)

MildPossession
I didn't say they did.

Impediment
Bad Santa and How the Grinch Stole Christmas are my all time favorites.

ragesRemorse
Of course, A Christmas Story. I don't think any other movie captures the nostalgic atmosphere of a Holiday like that movie does. The message is simply family and memories and although the period is set many years ago the story is able to highlight aspects of the holiday that almost anyone from anytime can relate to.

National Lampoons; Christmas Vacation, is another one we watch annually in my family. It doesn't get much funnier than that flick...,priceless.

The first Santa Clause

Aliens or A New Hope. Each Christmas my brother and i would watch some classic sci-fi movie. We opened presents many times to A new Hope or Return Of the Jedi. I will always remember the way the christmas lights glared off of the TV as the Ewoks smashed some AT-ST's.

Dutch is also another movie that always makes me feel all...,christmasy

And of course...,A wonderful Life

Mr Parker
Originally posted by MildPossession
It is always Nightmare Before Christmas. Watch it every Halloween, and every Christmas. Absolutely adore the film. I also blast the CD soundtrack out too smile

yeah same here. thumb up

siriuswriter
Gotta have Bing Crosby at Christmas :

White Christmas
Holiday Inn

White Christmas has the added bonus of Danny Kaye, who is/was a comic genius. And Holiday Inn has Fred Astaire. Latter is black/white.

goodluck
I like those old christmas cartoon movies, brings back memories.

Strangelove
I like Home Alone, and A Christmas Story is always a classic.

Ahsoka Tano
Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation

Toku King
"How The Grinch Stole Christmas", "The Grinch", "Elf", and "The Nightmare Before Christmas" are the first ones that pop into my head.

MetallicaT
its a very brady christmas

dont judge me....

deathbycorn
P2
Gremlins

MildPossession
I thought you didn't think much of P2? yet list it as a favourite...

Impediment
Bad Santa
How the Grinch stole Christmas (the cartoon)
Nightmare before Christmas

BruceSkywalker
It's a Wonderful Life

Miracle on 34th. Street

moviebuff1084
A Christmas Story FTW.

Magic_attack
National Lampoons: Christmas Vacation

and

A Christmas Story

deathbycorn
Originally posted by MildPossession
I thought you didn't think much of P2? yet list it as a favourite...

Nah its a good movie but it lacked the suspense of Haute Tension.

I thought cause Aja wrote the script it would be better, but for what it is, its good.

Devil King
I used to love that the TV played A Christmas Story for 24 hours on xmas. When the first showing came on, I actually started to feel like it was xmas. Sadly, I bought it on DVD and the TV no longer hearlds xmas for me. Especially when I can watch it on DVD without commercials.

deathbycorn
Batman Returns is also a good one.

Juno22
I love Elf, Love Actually and the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

I also just saw the new Reese Witherspoon/ Vince Vaughn movie, Four Christmases... I thought it was super funny and really cute.

You can check out the movie trailer and info on hollywood .com/movie

Wolfie
A Christmas Story

Bad Santa
Christmas Vacation
Trapped in Paradise
Santa's Slay

SelinaAndBruce
Four Christmases was crap. I just saw it and it was cheesy and not really that funny.

My movies are: Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon), The Santa Clause, Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, Home Alone 1 and 2 and Yogi's First Christmas (don't judge me, lol)

Chewy07
It's A Wonderful Life
Gremlins
Die Hard
Die Hard 2
Home Alone
Home Alone 2
The Muppet Christmas Carol
Scrooged
Santa Claus The Movie
Yogi's First Christmas
Christmas Vacation

Menetnashté
Christmas Story
Christmas with the Kranks
Home Alone

And I'm not sure how Batman Returns and Gremlins are considered christmas films, considering it doesn't really involve christmas...Doesn't a movie have to be about christmas to be a christmas film...?

ladygrim
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Home Alone. i was going to say that too big grin

Ms Chelle
I just watched A Christmas Story tonight. I love that one.
As well as these...
Its a Wonderful Life
Bad Santa
How The Grinch Stole Christmas (the original cartoon)
Prancer
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Home Alone
The Santa Clause (with Tim Allen)
Santa Claus (1985)
Miracle on 34th Street (the original)

botankus
It's a Wonderful Life
Santa Claus the movie
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Home Alone

BlazingBarrells
Die Hard baby.

Bloinky
Die Hard 1 and 2 FTW!

gogopanda
Love Actually, Home Alone 1/2, and Die Hard >=)

gogopanda
Hey I found an app that lets you upload a photo of yourself or anyone else and it puts you into some classic Christmas movie scenes. Let me know if anyone's interested =] Home Alone's one of them!

gogopanda
Christmas is approaching very soon (7 days!). I expected to see more Christmas-film discussion going on.

What are some all time classics that you'd recommend watching/getting as gifts? I need some for Christmas-mood-getting-into-ness.

Off the top of my head I only know of

Love Actually
Die Hard 1/2
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Christmas with the Kranks
Home Alone 1/2
Elf
Jingle All the Way
The Polar Express
Four Christmases

sad list i know! help plz T_T

SnakeEyes
Seriously, look about two topics down: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t495604.html

gogopanda
oops sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.