Winter Albums?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
What (non-Christmas) songs evoke thoughts/images of the winter season and/or Christmas-time for you?

For example, the debut Fleet Foxes album feels especially like it should be listened to during winter, as does the album Clarity (by Jimmy Eat World).

Victor Von Doom
Damnation by Opeth.

Michigan by Sufjan Stevens.

ragesRemorse
dont fear the reaper--blue oyster cult

Skeleton key--days of the new

MildPossession
Anything by Sigur Ros, obviously. All I think about is Iceland and Snow.

First time I heard Sigur Ros I was driving through mountains, but no snow at the time... was gorgeous.

jaden101
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
What (non-Christmas) songs evoke thoughts/images of the winter season and/or Christmas-time for you?

For example, the debut Fleet Foxes album feels especially like it should be listened to during winter,

well...the song "white winter hymnel" would maybe sway you sub-consciously stick out tongue

for me

9 crimes by Damien Rice

a long December by counting crows (always listen to it on new years morning)

Idaho by Nerina Pallot

Dead man's suit by Cherry Ghost

step outside in the morning light by David Kitt

Bandits by Midlake

The bird of St Marks by Jackson Browne (acoustic live version)

Autumn leaves by Paolo Nutini

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by MildPossession
Anything by Sigur Ros, obviously. All I think about is Iceland and Snow.

First time I heard Sigur Ros I was driving through mountains, but no snow at the time... was gorgeous.

Same here. And nice; I really enjoy listening to them when I'm driving and able to soak in whatever scenery is around me.

Originally posted by jaden101
well...the song "white winter hymnel" would maybe sway you sub-consciously stick out tongue

for me

9 crimes by Damien Rice

a long December by counting crows (always listen to it on new years morning)

Idaho by Nerina Pallot

Dead man's suit by Cherry Ghost

step outside in the morning light by David Kitt

Bandits by Midlake

The bird of St Marks by Jackson Browne (acoustic live version)

Autumn leaves by Paolo Nutini

wink Yeah, maybe that's it.

Nice list btw, I'll have to check out some of the songs I've not heard on there. And just to clarify, it can be either songs or albums, I may not have made that clear in the original post. Anyway, keep em coming.

geshien
Off the top of my head...

December by Static-X.

Gravenimage by Sonata Arctica.

Brick by Ben Folds.

Run by Snow Patrol.

Outsider by Juliana Hatfield.

Caribbean Blue by Enya.

Anniversary Of An Uninteresting Event by The Deftones.

Lips Of Ashes by Porcupine Tree.

Sing For Absolution by Muse.

Tyranno-Chris
for me, its eminems whole collection of music. eminem especially, tupac, game, 50 cent, a little of lil wayne, some Nas, ludacris, pitbull, pretty much any good rapper's songs. for the record, i dont consider wayne a good rapper, he just ight.

Alpha Centauri
Disintegration by The Cure.

Absolution by Muse.

-AC

occultdestroyer
Nailed. Dead. Risen. --Impending Doom

Satan's Doom --Mortification

HTML Rulez D00d --The Devil Wears Prada

When The Sun Sleeps --UnderOath

Curses! Another Shapeshifting Wraith --A Thousand Times Repent

jaden101
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Same here. And nice; I really enjoy listening to them when I'm driving and able to soak in whatever scenery is around me.

wink Yeah, maybe that's it.

Nice list btw, I'll have to check out some of the songs I've not heard on there. And just to clarify, it can be either songs or albums, I may not have made that clear in the original post. Anyway, keep em coming.

out of curiousity, which do you know and which do you not know?

oh...and i would have to add river by Joni Mitchell to the list

SnakeEyes
Out of your list, I know: River, 9 Crimes, A Long December and Dead Man's Suit. Haven't heard the rest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.