Ong-Bak 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cyclone
trailer:
http://www.ongbak2themovie.com/

MildPossession
If you like Ong Bak type movies, then check out Chocolate, female version. Suppose to be excellent in the fighting sequences.

jaden101
looks feckin awesome...i will definitely be watching this

deathbycorn
Yeah this is a must see. That Tony Jaa or whatever is a awesome fighter.

The Protector is a great martial arts flick.

ragesRemorse
yeah, the protector has the best martial arts sequence i've ever seen. I liked the first ong bak but it was very amateur, along with the protector. I know that is apart of the charm but i think Tony Ja could become as big if not bigger than Chan with the right people. Ong bak 2 looks friggin fantastic.

deathbycorn
Actually I think the scene in Equilibrium when Christian Bale slaughters about 8 or 10 blokes with a sword can rival pretty much any martal arts fight scene in any movie. One of the best scenes ever filmed for sure.

So its also the fight choreographer and director who can make martial arts film stars look better.

MildPossession
Equilibrium is an underrated science fiction film, amazing!!

jaden101
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Actually I think the scene in Equilibrium when Christian Bale slaughters about 8 or 10 blokes with a sword can rival pretty much any martal arts fight scene in any movie. One of the best scenes ever filmed for sure.

So its also the fight choreographer and director who can make martial arts film stars look better.

mmm...i don't know about that one to be honest...i think it benefited Bale that it was a fictional martial art he was using...i think the dojo scene made to amateurs (keanu reeves and laurence fishburne) look alot more skilled than Bale in Equilibrium...thus better suspension of disbelief

but there isn't really a substitute for actual skill in martial arts....none of the special effects in the world can make an amateur look better than a professional

a good comparison is Azumi and Versus...Azumi is a relatively higher budget but Aya Ueto is a pop star...the camera shots and choreography only make her look so skilled with a sword...compare that with Tak Sakaguchi from Versus, which is an almost laughably low budget martial arts/horror...and he looks infinitely more skilled with the blade...because he is...because that's what he did before becoming an actor

great choreography is simply no match for genuine ability

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by deathbycorn

Come on, four straight minutes of choreographed fighting while walking up stairs and jumping hoping and rolling. Not only does that show balls by just attempting, but it shows incredible skill and endurance on the part of Jaa. Equilibrium is a great sci-fi flick, but why do you say the guncatta scene rivals any martial arts flick? I agree, the scene was pieced together with great editing and choreography but it didn't showcase an outstanding skill on the part of Bale or his stunt man.

Kazenji
I just seen the first Ong-bak, i agree with you rages how you said "I liked the first ong bak but it was very amateur"

ttaa
want to watch

The Nuul
Just got this and its amazing MA action, the plot is meh. The director also did a great job and also the music fits well. Jaa does some Kung Fu and a bit of Drunken Boxing as well as his Muay Tai. I wonder if this is ment to be before part 1?

MildPossession
All these films with Jaa in are basically complete crap apart from the fight/action sequences. If he can use his abilities in a better made film it would be wonderful.

Yeah, you really just watch them for the fighting, but with me if everything else is crap, I usually don't bother going back to the film to watch again.

The editing for example was horrendous in Ong Bak.

Mindset
I like the first Ong Bak a lot more than the second.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mindset
I like the first Ong Bak a lot more than the second.

same as well

kunglu
Haven't seen it yet, Not expecting much in way of plot and story. I'm in it for the action on this one.

MildPossession
http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/ongbak2/

Trailer.

dadudemon
Originally posted by MildPossession
Equilibrium is an underrated science fiction film, amazing!!

It is one of my top 3 films. It is truly a masterpiece.

fantasy88
Ong-Bak 1 is better .

SuperkatmanX
If you like Ong Bak type movies, then check out Chocolate, female version. Suppose to be excellent in the fighting sequences.

chocolate is a great movie! Story is terrific!!!

MildPossession
Yeah I've seen it now, better in all areas for me compared to Ong Bak.

The Nuul
Yeah I've seen it now, better in all areas for me compared to Ong Bak.

Slowpoke....

neo010
I watched the movie and it's very awesome... will waiting to watch the 3rd movie of this stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.