Kyp Durron & NJO Luke Skywalker run the Gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gaevus Mesias
They both get six hours of rest between every two matches

Warm Up:

AOTC Anakin & TPM Obi-Wan
Stass Allie & Adi Gallia

Official Matches:

1. 2 Vong warriors
2. ESB Darth Vader & Desann
3. Malak & Revan
4. Mace Windu & The Exile
5. TPM Yoda & ROTS Sidious
sick5. Dooku & JKA Luke
6. Darth Krayt & Cade Skywalker

Boss Stage:

1. Ajunta Pall & Ludo Kreesh
2. Exar Kun & Naga Sadow

Gaevus Mesias
uh, guyz I can't make any more forums 4 now i tore ligaments in my knees.

Agent White
They easily beat the first three rounds (including warmup). Vader/Desann, Malak/Revan and Windu/Exile might be a bit harder, but Luke and Kyp would still win. Yoda and Sidious would be the hardest, and I think that though they would give the title duo quite a tough time, they would still lose. Dooku and JKA Luke could probably be beaten, though the fatigue factor from Palps/Yoda would set in. After their rest, Luke and Kyp could beat Krayt and Cade (probably pretty easily) and then the two boss stages, also pretty easily.

So, I personally think Luke and Kyp could work through this, though if they do die they fall at Yoda and Sidious.

Lightsnake
What he said

Darth_Glentract
Basically the same as the above. If Kyp gets killed by the Yoda/Sidious team (which I could see happening), then I doubt Luke could finish the gauntlet on his own.

truejedi
5 is the hardest... depends on if TPM Yoda=ROTS Yoda. I think he is.

errrr... even then. I think the team clears it. But 5 is EXTREMELY close.

Gaevus Mesias
I'm still recovering from my injry in Rugby, but I can see now that ya'll have come up with some replies. Now, replace Kyp Durron with Starkiller (Vader's Apprentice).

Lucien A
Originally posted by Gaevus Mesias
They both get six hours of rest between every two matches

Warm Up:

AOTC Anakin & TPM Obi-Wan
Stass Allie & Adi Gallia

Official Matches:

1. 2 Vong warriors
2. ESB Darth Vader & Desann
3. Malak & Revan
4. Mace Windu & The Exile
5. TPM Yoda & ROTS Sidious
sick5. Dooku & JKA Luke
6. Darth Krayt & Cade Skywalker

Boss Stage:

1. Ajunta Pall & Ludo Kreesh
2. Exar Kun & Naga Sadow The team is full of win. Assuming this TUF Luke and Kyp. By the by, terrible boss stage.

Gideon
Really. The order is entirely messed up, and could someone provide some evidence to support the idea that Kyp Durron would last longer than five seconds against Yoda or Palpatine? In all seriousness, I can't recall anything in regards to his proficiency or lack thereof as a combatant.

truejedi
i have no quotes, its been years since i read NJO, but i believe it is how he is referred in comparison to luke. and how luke refers to him when he is first discovered in JA.

Gideon
Being vaguely compared to a neophyte Luke Skywalker doesn't mean that he's a match for the likes of Yoda or Sidious. I'm specifically looking for citations that speak to Durron's abilities as a warrior or Force user, and until then, I can't offer an opinion.

truejedi
i agree with you on that. My opinion was largely based on Luke being able to defeat either of his opponents rather quickly. (and i know, not in the outclass sort of sense,) Kyp's vague accomplishements were enough for me to leave him alive long enough for Luke to polish off one of the others. (to my credit, i did call it extremely close though)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.