DBZ contest of morality

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
Hi, I'm new here!

This is my first thread.

This is similar to Placidity's thread a while ago in another forum.

This time, Galactus comes to DBZ earth and tells the Z fighters he will eat earth unless if they kill the following characters. If they refuse, then they and 1000 other people will survive and be shipped off to another planet (no dragonballs though). If they kill everyone required, then Galactus will eat Jupiter instead but will destroy all of the dragonballs. How far do the following characters get?

Goku
Vegeta sad
Tien
Trunks
Picollo
Android 18
Yamcha

1. Freiza
2. 10 murderers
3. 1 innocent person
4. A family of 4
5. A city's population
6. All of America
7. 25% of the world
8. Gohan
9. 50% of the world
10. All of Namek and 15 other peaceful alien worlds

How far does each get?

yungz22
they all attack and defeat galactus

TheBadguy
Vegeta or 18 would do the whole list. destroying the dragonballs doesn't mean much they can always get new ones made. why are there so many dbz threads.

Bada's Palin
Tien might manage.

psycho gundam
galactus feeds

braveheart
thats 2 much they mine as well fight galactus

roz88
they would easily defeat galactus

Kento
If you take into account their morals then Vegeta and 18 would do it each solo depending on the version. Anything before Buu saga. The others wouldn't but could. They'd try to fight Galactus and die.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by roz88
they would easily defeat galactus thats an oxymoron, easily - defeat - galactus..... =/=

galactus beats the dbz universe so bad, the manga would burst into flames in your hands.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by yungz22
they all attack and defeat galactus

Why do so many DBZ fans think that Galactus is so weak (I'm a DBZ fan too, but not that much)?

Hewhoknowsall
If they think logically (which they almost never do), then they will clear it.

If they refuse, then everyone except for 1000 people would die, so refusing to kill someone would be pointless since they would die anyway. The only one that is a big trade off is the last one.

TheBadguy
They call Reed

Hewhoknowsall
laughing

But how far do you think each character individually will get?

Wei Phoenix
Goku refuses allows the earth to die, goes to Namek and makes 3 wishes. Return earth to normal/revive the people, Give him the power and defense to defeat Galactus, transport Galactus back.

Wei Phoenix
realistically though, you set them up to fail. If this is at the end of the DBZ universe like the Buu Saga then none of them are going to kill gohan since he was the strongest unfused fighter.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
realistically though, you set them up to fail. If this is at the end of the DBZ universe like the Buu Saga then none of them are going to kill gohan since he was the strongest unfused fighter.

Edit: all of them can somehow kill everyone on that list easily (this is a contest of morality and personal values, not fighting power).

ultimatethor
Whoever says that Any DBZ charcter or even all of them comnined can defeat galactus is downright stupid.

TheBadguy
Unless its one of the cracked out versions of Big G that always seems to get pwned by Reed and company they get stomped. He's on another level than 90% of characters in anime/manga/comics/cartoons/games/whatever else

Vegeta and 18 will just do the list. They'll just wish the people back anyway.

adventbleach111
how wud they get the dragonballs???? wud they get them easily?

adventbleach111
even gohan??? hes the friggen best

Davehead
How is this a contest of morality? Which morals are being contested?

Hewhoknowsall
Guys, this is about how far these characters would go in order to save earth. It isn't about whether or not they can beat Galactus. For this thread, let's assume they can't/don't want to, okay?

Wei Phoenix
They still not stopping Mystic Gohan.

adventbleach111
wat about goku i think he wud stand against mystic gohan

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by adventbleach111
wat about goku i think he wud stand against mystic gohan

I said before that everyone can somehow beat everyone on the list. This is a contest of MORALITY and how far they would go to save the earth. That is why people/groups that are less important to them (freiza) are first.

Hewhoknowsall
realistically though, you set them up to fail. If this is at the end of the DBZ universe like the Buu Saga then none of them are going to kill gohan since he was the strongest unfused fighter. Originally posted by adventbleach111
even gohan??? hes the friggen best

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Edit: all of them can somehow kill everyone on that list easily (this is a contest of morality and personal values, not fighting power).

Wei Phoenix

Dude they have to kill him, Gohan isn't going to stand there and just let someone kill him. Tell me how they will kill Gohan?

Hewhoknowsall
How many times do I have to tell you? It is just that way for this thread somehow... Galactus isn't even in the same existance as DBZ, so he shouldn't be here... but that is just the way it is for this thread.

Or, let's say Gohan decides to be selfless and give up his life for the "greater good".

Hewhoknowsall
Or, let's say this is Gohan back in the early android saga, okay?

Either way, ask: will they be willing to kill Gohan (if they could) or anybody else on that list to save earth?

Wei Phoenix
Well if you want to weaken Gohan then I guess that they could.

Hewhoknowsall
They COULD.... but who would?

Wei Phoenix
18 and Vegeta if this his Gohan before SSJ2 possibly SSJ

Hewhoknowsall
18 and Vegeta if this his Gohan before SSJ2 possibly SSJ

Mark with yes or no (WOULD they, if they could, do it based on Galactus's terms.

Goku
Vegeta
Tien
Trunks
Picollo
Android 18
Yamcha

Wei Phoenix
18 would.

Vegeta wouldn't since he has a heart now, so I take him back. Only 18.

Hewhoknowsall
So the others wouldn't even w/galactus's terms?

Wei Phoenix
no Goku would never kill his own son. Piccolo wouldn't either. The rest are too weak to even try to kill him. They still have morals and most heroes wouldn't kill an innocent person just for their own survival.

Hewhoknowsall
But if they don't then the ENTIRE earth dies...

But I'm not disagreeing with you at all.

And yes, Goku *might* if the Earth was at stake........

Wei Phoenix
Goku is not going to kill his son because then he'll have pretty much nothing to live for. Chi-Chi will leave him, Krillin and Piccolo would not talk to him anymore and everything else. He would rather die attempting to stop Galactus, that is the will of the hero.

Hewhoknowsall
So you're saying that Goku would not kill his son because it would hurt him?

Wei Phoenix
yes he is a hero and Goku has a no killing rule. What is wrong with you? When faced against the impossible the hero will choose to go down fighting instead of breaking their morals and code. Batman could've saved hundreds of lives over the years if he just killed people like Joker, two-face, Riddler, etc. yet he doesn't because he doesn't kill people.

Hewhoknowsall
yes he is a hero and Goku has a no killing rule. What is wrong with you? When faced against the impossible the hero will choose to go down fighting instead of breaking their morals and code. Batman could've saved hundreds of lives over the years if he just killed people like Joker, two-face, Riddler, etc. yet he doesn't because he doesn't kill people.

No, what I am saying is that you said that Goku wouldn't kill Gohan only because people would hate him for doing it.

Wei Phoenix
no he wouldn't do it because he doesn't kill people let alone his son. People hating him is just an added bonus.

TheBadguy
Goku- maybe, he doesn't like to kill but has and its been his intention more than once
Vegeta - yes (even though he's mostly good at the end he still killed all those innocent people as Maijin Vegeta knowing they could just be wished back)
Tien- no
Trunks- probably not but future Trunks grew up through some harsh shit
Picollo - yes if he has too
Android 18- Yes
Yamcha- who

Even if he destroys the dragonballs they just get some namekians to make more or Goku ITs to Namek and finds their dragonballs.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by TheBadguy
Goku- maybe, he doesn't like to kill but has and its been his intention more than once
Vegeta - yes (even though he's mostly good at the end he still killed all those innocent people as Maijin Vegeta knowing they could just be wished back)
Tien- no
Android 18- Yes
Yamcha- who

Even if he destroys the dragonballs they just get some namekians to make more or Goku ITs to Namek and finds their dragonballs.
Would he kill Gohan?
Tien- no
Android 18- Yes
Yamcha- who

Yes
Tien- no
Android 18- Yes
Yamcha- who

Why not?
Tien- no
Android 18- Yes
Yamcha- who

He was willing to take out Vegeta
Tien- no
Android 18- Yes
Yamcha- who

What about the last one?Originally posted by TheBadguy
Tien- no
Android 18- Yes
Yamcha- who

Why?

Hewhoknowsall
Oops...

Wei Phoenix
Tien- no
Android 18- Yes
Yamcha- who

Goku has only killed one person canonnically and that was Buu.

Majin Vegeta is not Vegeta now. that was past hatred awakened.

Piccolo would never kill Gohan.

TheBadguy
Goku has only killed one person canonnically and that was Buu.

Majin Vegeta is not Vegeta now. that was past hatred awakened.

Piccolo would never kill Gohan.

Goku killed grandpa gohan, he meant to kill Freeza, he helped Piccolo kill Raditz, he took Cell to King Kai's planet knowing they would be killed, he meant to kill Tao Pai, he wanted Gohan to kill Cell, he let Gohan and the others die to save Hercule and Dende because they were closer to him. Goku will kill if he has too. MVegeta was in control of himself, he wanted to kill those people to get Goku to fight him, Babidi didn't make him do that. Vegeta will have no problems doing this list especially knowing they can just wish them back. Piccolo won't be as willing as Vegeta but I can see him doing it as long as he has the dragonball card.

Wei Phoenix
No if Goku wanted to finally kill frieza then he could have and if even if he did then he still didn't do it.

Grandpa Gohan wasn't intentional.

Yeah he wanted Gohan to do it, but he didn't do it. He possibly could've done it with that Kamehameha he was charging but didn't and just warped in his face.

Letting someone die because you can't save everyone is not the same as killing. Piccolo is not going kill Gohan.

TheBadguy
I only mentioned Grandpa gohan because you said it was only Buu canonically. He intended to kill Freeza with that blast. Thats how the series was going to end. A kameha that blows off a head usually means death. all that aside that still leaves

"he helped Piccolo kill Raditz, he took Cell to King Kai's planet knowing they would be killed, he meant to kill Tao Pai"

Goku will kill when he has too and has intended to kill more than once so what are we arguing about.

Hewhoknowsall
Goku killed grandpa gohan, he meant to kill Freeza, he helped Piccolo kill Raditz, he took Cell to King Kai's planet knowing they would be killed, he meant to kill Tao Pai, he wanted Gohan to kill Cell, he let Gohan and the others die to save Hercule and Dende because they were closer to him. Goku will kill if he has too. MVegeta was in control of himself, he wanted to kill those people to get Goku to fight him, Babidi didn't make him do that. Vegeta will have no problems doing this list especially knowing they can just wish them back. Piccolo won't be as willing as Vegeta but I can see him doing it as long as he has the dragonball card.

I think that Gohan and the others are a little teeny weeny bit closer to Goku than Hercules and Dende, but that is just me.

And all of those characters were evil (except for Gohan, the others and Grandpa Gohan, but that was unintentional). So...

Placidity

Goku
Vegeta sad
Tien
Trunks
Picollo
Android 18
Yamcha

1. Freiza
2. 10 murderers
3. 1 innocent person
4. A family of 4
5. A city's population
6. All of America
7. 25% of the world
8. Gohan
9. 50% of the world
10. All of Namek and 15 other peaceful alien worlds

What a freaking amazing thread.

Goku

1. Freiza - No Problemo.
2. 10 murderers - struggles past this one.
3. 1 innocent person - Stops here. Too much of a boy scout.

Vegeta sad

He would get through the whole list with pleasure, especially 1.

Trunks

Probably make it up to 8. Gohan. Don't think he could ever kill his old mentor.

Android 18

Clears it with ease.

Not sure about Tien and Yamcha

he from beyond
I think Goku could make it to 7 or 8.

jimBOFH
Both Vegeta and Goku have the potential to be infinitely powerful.
How so? Because of these 2 facts from Dragonball canon:
1: The longer a Saiyan fights, the more his strength increases. Furthermore, if a Saiyan survives an injury, his strength increases proportionally to the severity of the injury.
2: The Dragonballs are quite capable of conferring true immortality upon an individual, as demonstrated by Garlic Junior. By true immortality, i mean that they can NEVER be killed, unlike Buu and Cell who are almost immortal but can be killed if every cell/molecule of their body is destroyed by an overwhelming attack.
Therefore, if Vegeta was to use the Dragonballs as he originally intended and gain immortality, (he could still be injured, but like Garlic Junior he would recover immediately), then he would simply start fighting, and eventually would be stronger than any other character.

jimBOFH
and, morals-wise:
Goku would not surrender to that sort of blackmail, even in situations where it was clearly the best option. He's too honourable, and would fight to the end.
Vegeta wouldn't have much problem with either option, he'd probably take whichever option offered the best tactical chance of victory (imo, the 1000 survivors one, seeing as it leaves the Namekian dragonballs intact). Not because he's evil, by the end of DBZ he's officially "good", but he's still calculating, pragmatic, and potentially ruthless- an "ends justifies the means" kind of guy.
Piccolo would probably refuse to kill Gohan and the Namekians, and seeing as i've already explained why the 1st option was tactically better, he'd accept that and use the namekian dragonballs if possible.
Number 18- as long as the survival of her friends and family was assured in the 1000 survivors, she'd take that option.
Tien and Yamcha- well, if Goku and Vegeta aren't going to fight, then they'd have to be suicidal to do so themselves, and there's no way they could kill Gohan, so they'd have to take the surrender option.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by jimBOFH
and, morals-wise:
Goku would not surrender to that sort of blackmail, even in situations where it was clearly the best option. He's too honourable, and would fight to the end.
Vegeta wouldn't have much problem with either option, he'd probably take whichever option offered the best tactical chance of victory (imo, the 1000 survivors one, seeing as it leaves the Namekian dragonballs intact). Not because he's evil, by the end of DBZ he's officially "good", but he's still calculating, pragmatic, and potentially ruthless- an "ends justifies the means" kind of guy.
Piccolo would probably refuse to kill Gohan and the Namekians, and seeing as i've already explained why the 1st option was tactically better, he'd accept that and use the namekian dragonballs if possible.
Number 18- as long as the survival of her friends and family was assured in the 1000 survivors, she'd take that option.
Tien and Yamcha- well, if Goku and Vegeta aren't going to fight, then they'd have to be suicidal to do so themselves, and there's no way they could kill Gohan, so they'd have to take the surrender option.

I think that Goku will certainly get past 1, probably 2, and push himself to get to 25% of the world or Gohan.

jimBOFH
I think that Goku will certainly get past 1, probably 2, and push himself to get to 25% of the world or Gohan.
I don't think he would- he really is honourable to the point of idiocy, as seen in the fight against Kid Buu- Vegeta was unable to move, and so would have been killed by the Spirit Bomb. However, knowing that he could eventually be wished back anyway, and recognising that defeating Buu was more important than his own survival, he urges Goku to attack- but Goku refuses, and just stands there taking hits from Kid Buu until Fat Buu saves Vegeta.
If he can't bring himself to sacrifice Vegeta, even when Vegeta is yelling at him to do it, and when the fate of the universe hangs in the balance- I don't think he'd be able to sacrifice anyone.

Hewhoknowsall
He actually did decide to in the end, when he says "forgive me vegeta". That is why I said "push himself". And that is why he probably couldn't kill 25% of the world or gohan.

jimBOFH
He says "Forgive me Vegeta- I can't do it!", so either he changes his mind, or he's asking Vegeta to forgive him for failing to destroy Buu. And Goku has mercy on everyone, to the point of idiocy- not only does he help Frieza, who then attacks him again, but he also orders Krillin to spare Vegeta, even though Vegeta tells Krillin to get on with it rather than beg for mercy, or surrender.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.