I want a tattoo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kosta
I've always wanted a tattoo, but could never decide on anything, and I doubt I will ever be able to. My rule in order to eliminate any risk of getting something I will regret, is to wait six months to a year after I find a design I like, an if I still want it after that time, I get it. Obviously the problem is by the time 6 months is up I decide that I don't like it anymore. Hence, I haven't been inked yet. I see too many people walking around with so called tribal armbands etc, every other schmuck has one. It's hard to find something original and meaningful. I don't understand how people can settle for something as permanent as a tattoo, and just get a tribal design that nearly every other person has.

For those of you who have one, or many, what inspired your design? Do you feel that it is original? Do you regret getting it done?

Just wanted to hear some stories, I know similar threads exist, but i want an up to date response from people.

Ahsoka Tano
I have a magical mushroom on the back of my neck. I have long hair so it doesn't interfere in anything I do. To this point, I don't regret it.

chillmeistergen
I'm quite possibly going to get 'Still Ill', in my handwriting on my forearm.

AbnormalButSane

Kosta
What does that translate to?

Strangelove
you should pick something that's important to you, something that helps connect you to a part of yourself.

If I ever got a tattoo, it would be a four-leaf clover, because I connect very strongly with my Irish heritage.

Although I have a friend who had the awesome idea of tattooing "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" on his feet.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I'm quite possibly going to get 'Still Ill', in my handwriting on my forearm. Suits you.

MIŠT
Originally posted by Kosta
I've always wanted a tattoo, but could never decide on anything, and I doubt I will ever be able to. My rule in order to eliminate any risk of getting something I will regret, is to wait six months to a year after I find a design I like, an if I still want it after that time, I get it. Obviously the problem is by the time 6 months is up I decide that I don't like it anymore. Hence, I haven't been inked yet. I see too many people walking around with so called tribal armbands etc, every other schmuck has one. It's hard to find something original and meaningful. I don't understand how people can settle for something as permanent as a tattoo, and just get a tribal design that nearly every other person has.

For those of you who have one, or many, what inspired your design? Do you feel that it is original? Do you regret getting it done?

Just wanted to hear some stories, I know similar threads exist, but i want an up to date response from people.

Get the monkey from your avatar sly

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Suits you.

Why?

Bardock42
Why? Because you always wonder whether the body rules the mind, or the mind rules the body, but you don't know.

chillmeistergen
Yeah, I also often threaten to spit in people's eyes.

gefallen_engel
I have 12 tattoos now, most of them are tribal design, the only one I dont like anymore is the one on my hand, its a butterfly and a peace sign, it was a spur of the moment decision.

chillmeistergen
I think tribal tattoos look rather shit.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by gefallen_engel
I have 12 tattoos now, most of them are tribal design, the only one I dont like anymore is the one on my hand, its a butterfly and a peace sign, it was a spur of the moment decision. tattooed freak haermm

ScarletSpeed
I think tribal tattoos look rather shit.

agreed, but only the ones that like 90% of males get.

Rogue Jedi
No tattoo is worse than a band of barbed wire around a guys arm.

Phucked Up
No tattoo is worse than a band of barbed wire around a guys arm.

After Pam Anderson got it, it's become a girl tattoo in my mind.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Phucked Up
After Pam Anderson got it, it's become a girl tattoo in my mind. It doesnt look that bad on women, dunno why.

ScarletSpeed
I want a Koi fish tattoo, japanesy awehuh

silver_tears
It's probably cliche or whatever by now, but I want a Valkyrie wing somewhere on my body. I'm thinking wrapped around my hip onto my back.
People have interpreted it in different ways, like there's the Max Payne one that I like, protection. Then there's also victory and the inevitability of death, all important.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
I want a Koi fish tattoo, japanesy awehuh Most Koi fish tatts I've seen, end up looking like penises with fins.

ScarletSpeed
Most Koi fish tatts I've seen, end up looking like penises with fins.

laughing

I see what you mean with some of them laughing

=Tired Hiker=
I used to want a tattoo, but never got around to getting one. I'm glad too, since I think most tattoos look like crap, especially when people get older. I've never seen an old person with a cool looking tattoo. And when I say old, I don't mean guys like me in their thirties, I'm talking about 65+ years old. Also, these days tons of people regret getting tats and they are paying thousands of dollars to get them removed.

Anyway, the kind of tats I actually sort of like are ones like my friend Devin's. He has the last sentence from The Great Gatsby tattoo'd in some really cool font around his upper arm above the sleeve. It's subtle and cool.

Also, I think it's Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers who has a hug octopus tat on his thigh and down his leg, that one is cool, but guys like him can sport that sorta thing without it being lame, you know the whole skinny rock star thing.

ScarletSpeed
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past"

awesome.

AbnormalButSane
What does that translate to?

"Kiss my arse"

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
"Kiss my arse"

I would do everything to you.

Phucked Up
I may be getting this tattoo soon.

Les yeux clos
I may be getting this tattoo soon. Gambit?

ScarletSpeed
I may be getting this tattoo soon.

awesome man,

Originally posted by Les yeux clos
Gambit?

flamin card tattoos have been around longer than Gambit,

why does everyone just assume gambit like created that shit.

Les yeux clos
awesome man,

flamin card tattoos have been around longer than Gambit,

why does everyone just assume gambit like created that shit. I'm sure they have. I was simply asking if it was an X-Man reference.

ScarletSpeed
I'm sure they have. I was simply asking if it was an X-Man reference.

I wasn't meaning just you directly, but everytime someone sees a flamin card tattoo they assume gambit laughing out loud

Phucked Up
Gambit?

Nope, it's a reference to my time in Sin City, USA (Las Vegas). I'm going to have the "flames" be smoke with a bluish gray tint.

ScarletSpeed
it's a cool tattoo, my mate has the exact same one on his forearm/

Phucked Up
it's a cool tattoo, my mate has the exact same one on his forearm/

That's where mine will be.

jaden101

best advice i can give is get something with significant personal meaning

i have 4

my clan crest which is a slight redesign of this

http://www.scotclans.com/img/scottish_clans/drummond/crest_big.gif

i have my intials in greek letters which is something different to the usual japanese or chinese letters people get...so that's gamma delta...both the upper case and lower case versions (upper case is larger and above the lower case)...it's also a reference to my dedication to the sciences as greek letters are prevalent in alot of calculations...especially gamma and delta

they are as follows

gamma

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/Greek_gamma.png

delta

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/60/Greek_delta.png

i have this contemporary thistle design (the national flower of scotland) which is actually a tattoo design i found online

http://www.scottburns.co.uk/images/blog/tat_thistle.jpg

i also have this celtic triskele

http://www.politische-bildung-brandenburg.de/extrem/bilder/triskele_raben.jpg

they are on my left arm, right arm, left leg and right chest respectively

parvati120
as long as you don't take a tribal, everyone got that

I wouldn't even consider ever imprinting a picture on my body though (not even piercing anything), I like the thought of being all natural and I'd get bored with any picture easily

ScarletSpeed
that's what worries me, I get bored with stuff so easily, so if I were to get a tattoo, it would have to mean a hell of a lot to me.

RevoWution™©®
I've always liked having words on one or both forearms in fancy writing.

Kosta

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Anyway, the kind of tats I actually sort of like are ones like my friend Devin's. He has the last sentence from The Great Gatsby tattoo'd in some really cool font around his upper arm above the sleeve. It's subtle and cool.

That's a great idea for a tattoo.

AbnormalButSane
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I used to want a tattoo, but never got around to getting one. I'm glad too, since I think most tattoos look like crap, especially when people get older. I've never seen an old person with a cool looking tattoo. And when I say old, I don't mean guys like me in their thirties, I'm talking about 65+ years old. Also, these days tons of people regret getting tats and they are paying thousands of dollars to get them removed.

Also, I think it's Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers who has a hug octopus tat on his thigh and down his leg, that one is cool, but guys like him can sport that sorta thing without it being lame, you know the whole skinny rock star thing.

I concur. The Great Gatsby line would be a good idea.

gefallen_engel
tattooed freak haermm

and I will never change either! laughing out loud

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
I concur. The Great Gatsby line would be a good idea.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past"

awesome.

MIŠT
You know, that's not such a bad idea. I use it everywhere, and have been for years now, and I think it's awesome. Have actually thought about it before. The only thing that would make it hard is the color scheme. They would have to tattoo a black square then color it in leaving the while bits. Not sure how it would look.

Instead of the black box just get it outlined. And get 'Vinyl Junkie' as well, suits you 131

Lara
I have a tattoo on my back which runs down my spine, 5inches long starting at the bottom of my neck. Its a peice of Janpanese script with translates to "beloved" simply because all of my life I'm had to fight with my mental health and that reminds me that I am loved and wanted by many special people in my life.

I'm hoping to get another tattoo on the underside of my right wrist in sky blue. Its one of my own designs that I did when I was at college but I like it.

its basically a sea shell sitting on top of of a partial spider web with like bubbles coming off it in places. it looks alot better than I have made it sound.

occultdestroyer
I have a picture of Satan at my back.
It's not all that pretty, but still badass anyways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.