Riddick versus Bruce Wayne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Riddick (The chronicles of Riddick version), armed with the knives in the pic below:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg183/jedibeastie/receivedfiles/riddickavy.jpg

Versus Bruce Wayne, armed with a Ninja short sword (19 inch blade), see pic below:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg183/jedibeastie/receivedfiles/M3264.jpg

They face off in a semi lit environment, let's say an abandoned airplane hangar. There are several dark places for Riddick to hide and use his night vision, but for the most part it is a straight up blade fight. It's Bruce Wayne (Batman begins and TDK version), not Batman, so no Bat armor and no gadgets.

Wil7
Riddick in a stomp

Rogue Jedi
My thoughts exactly. Wonder if I should have given Wayne the Batsuit.

Robtard
They're both excellent fighters, but Bruce's weapon gives him a serious reach advantage. Bruce takes this.

ragesRemorse
Riddick has the advantage of being a Furion. I would also say that he has the edge in speed and strength. Without the batsuit i give this one to riddick 9 times out of 10. With the batsuit id give it to Batman 7/10

Robtard
Remind me again what being a Furion grants?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
They're both excellent fighters, but Bruce's weapon gives him a serious reach advantage. Bruce takes this. Horseshit, have you SEEN chronicles of Riddick?

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Horseshit, have you SEEN chronicles of Riddick?

Yeah; Riddick is an excellent fighter.

Have you seen BB/TDK? Hint: Wayne is also an excellent fighter.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah; Riddick is an excellent fighter.

Have you seen BB/TDK? Hint: Wayne is also an excellent fighter. Blade against Blade, he wouldn't be able to take on Riddick. Riddick cut through dozens of necromongers who were all armed to the teeth as if they were nothing. Wayne gets his ass carved here.

Robtard
Blade against Blade, he wouldn't be able to take on Riddick. Riddick cut through dozens of necromongers who were all armed to the teeth as if they were nothing. Wayne gets his ass carved here.

Wayne took on dozens of LOS ninjas, who were also armed to the teeth, well, swords and whatnot actually, but you get the point.

Rogue Jedi
Wayne took on dozens of LOS ninjas, who were also armed to the teeth, well, swords and whatnot actually, but you get the point. Batsuit or no Batsuit?

AngryManatee
Riddick

Rogue Jedi
Remind me again what being a Furion grants?
I keep finding different ways of spelling Furions. haermm

And as for your question:

http://riddick.wikia.com/wiki/Furyans

As seen in the movies and mentioned in the novelization, Furyans themselves are impressive physical specimens; they are stronger, faster, tougher, more resistant to damage and injury, possess acute senses, immense stamina, and recover quicker than most of the Human races. The extent of the physical abilities of a Furyan are unknown. Riddick himself has held his own against particularly difficult Dark Planet bioraptors; he also quickly re-set his arm back into place after it was dislocated by Johns, a bounty hunter trying to capture him, and he himself was able to dislocate and pop his own shoulders back in, in order to escape from being tied to the ship's bulkhead. He has also been shown to be very agile and athletic, moving surprisingly fast for a man his size and weight, being able to cover great distances and not tire out as easily as normal humans; he can also leap impressive distances, and can perform otherwise practically impossible physical feats that most humans would be hard-pressed to duplicate.

And more on Riddick:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riddick#Mental_Abilities

Yeah, this is one sided without question.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, Furions are hardcore. Almost as badass as Kenny Rogers.

Grinning Goku

As seen in the movies and mentioned in the novelization, Furyans themselves are impressive physical specimens; they are stronger, faster, tougher, more resistant to damage and injury, possess acute senses, immense stamina, and recover quicker than most of the Human races. The extent of the physical abilities of a Furyan are unknown. Riddick himself has held his own against particularly difficult Dark Planet bioraptors; he also quickly re-set his arm back into place after it was dislocated by Johns, a bounty hunter trying to capture him, and he himself was able to dislocate and pop his own shoulders back in, in order to escape from being tied to the ship's bulkhead. He has also been shown to be very agile and athletic, moving surprisingly fast for a man his size and weight, being able to cover great distances and not tire out as easily as normal humans; he can also leap impressive distances, and can perform otherwise practically impossible physical feats that most humans would be hard-pressed to duplicate.

And more on Riddick:

Damn, RJ. I don't know, man. This is tough.

Robtard
Batsuit or no Batsuit?

No Batsuit, this was before he became The Batman.

Robtard

And more on Riddick:

Definitely bodes well for Riddick, they seem to be "peak human", which Batman is supposed to be, still an overall edge to Riddick though, as it's inherent.

Maybe Wayne's reach advantage won't cut it.

Rogue Jedi
Definitely bodes well for Riddick, they seem to be "peak human", which Batman is supposed to be, still an overall edge to Riddick though, as it's inherent.

Maybe Wayne's reach advantage won't cut it. Literally wont cut it haermm And didnt it say "above" peak human?

Maybe we need to rethink the conditions. Thoughts?

Robtard
Literally wont cut it haermm And didnt it say "above" peak human?

Maybe we need to rethink the conditions. Thoughts?

Don't think so, basically said he has greater abilities than humans, which seem to me is peak human (could be greater; it's inconclusive), in every aspect though, strength, speed, agility, stamina etc. His healing seems to be the one ability that borders on super-human; that won't matter much in a fight to the death though.

Considering the above, Riddick definitely has the advantage, though Wayne is also above most other humans, I don't think he's quite on par with Riddick physically. He might be more skilled at figthing than Riddick though, as we know how he was trained; fighting skill could be enough to win.

No need, it's skill, mind and body vs skill, mind and body. Fight is good as is, comes down to inherent abilties vs. trained abilities.

Rogue Jedi
Don't think so, basically said he has greater abilities than humans, which seem to me is peak human (could be greater; it's inconclusive), in every aspect though, strength, speed, agility, stamina etc. His healing seems to be the one ability that borders on super-human; that won't matter much in a fight to the death though.

Considering the above, Riddick definitely has the advantage, though Wayne is also above most other humans, I don't think he's quite on par with Riddick physically. He might be more skilled at figthing than Riddick though, as we know how he was trained; fighting skill could be enough to win.

No need, it's skill, mind and body vs skill, mind and body. Fight is good as is, comes down to inherent abilties vs. trained abilities. Riddick is stronger, faster, heals quicker, is basically a superior physical specimen in every way. He is at least as well trained as Batman in fighting, probably quite a bit more.

He killed a man with a teacup haermm

Wil7
My thoughts exactly. Wonder if I should have given Wayne the Batsuit.

It doesn't really matter what you give him. Because Batman comes out at night, Riddick has the advantage, and without the batsuit, it is a stomp.

Rogue Jedi
They are fighting in a semilit environment.

Dark-Jaxx
If you are so convinced that this is a stomp and refuse to listen to anyone else's argument, why would you even make the thread?

But yeah, Riddick wins.

Rogue Jedi
Most agree with me that Riddick would win, what difference does it make who started the thread?

This is why I suggested we change the conditions.

Dark-Jaxx
Most agree with me that Riddick would win, what difference does it make who started the thread?

This is why I suggested we change the conditions. This is by no stretch of the imagination a "stomp."

Riddick is stronger and faster than Batman, and has a healing factor.

Batman with his batsuit will be more durable, his weapon is longer, and I would wager Batman possesses more skill.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
This is by no stretch of the imagination a "stomp."

Riddick is stronger and faster than Batman, and has a healing factor.

Batman with his batsuit will be more durable, his weapon is longer, and I would wager Batman possesses more skill. The Batsuit is far too great an advantage, might as well give Wayne an Uzi.

Bardock42
If you are so convinced that this is a stomp and refuse to listen to anyone else's argument, why would you even make the thread?

But yeah, Riddick wins. Cause he doesn't actually know how debates work.

I too think Riddick though.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Cause he doesn't actually know how debates work.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
roll eyes (sarcastic) You don't.

Robtard
The Batsuit is far too great an advantage, might as well give Wayne an Uzi.

Not really, it would give Wayne protection to balance Riddick's inherent super-ish abilities. The Batman isn't impervious.

Though with the Batsuit, I do think Batman would survive long enough to hit a lethal blow on Riddick, and I stand by that Wayne's skills at figthing are greater, considering we've seen how well trained he was in the movies. That and the reach advantage I brought up in my first post.

Rogue Jedi
You don't. So Riddick wins, poor little Brucey.

No, I know how a debate works, it's just that I have better things to do than nitpick.

There ARE people who think Wayne would win. This makes open for debate.

People start versus threads most of the time leaning one way or the other, nothing new about that.

Let's say Wayne has two blades and Riddick one, all the same size. What then?

Bardock42
So Riddick wins, poor little Brucey.

No, I know how a debate works, it's just that I have better things to do than nitpick.

People start versus threads most of the time leaning one way or the other, nothing new about that.

Let's say Wayne has two blades and Riddick one, all the same size. What then?

Still Riddick, and you make them with a clear winner in mind, but that's not exactly what I was referring to anyways.

Rogue Jedi
Not really, it would give Wayne protection to balance Riddick's inherent super-ish abilities. The Batman isn't impervious.

Though with the Batsuit, I do think Batman would survive long enough to hit a lethal blow on Riddick, and I stand by that Wayne's skills at figthing are greater, considering we've seen how well trained he was in the movies. That and the reach advantage I brought up in my first post. I really dont think Batman's fighting skills are superior, that's just me. And his blade isn't that much longer than Riddicks, not to mention that Riddick has two blades. You think Batman would have been able to snap the neck of one of those creatures from Pitch Black? Or take down two of them with a shiv, as Riddick did?

Rogue Jedi
Still Riddick, and you make them with a clear winner in mind, but that's not exactly what I was referring to anyways. Dude, you are more difficult than a spoiled teenage girl with horrible menstral cramps. the thread has now turned to how we can place them on even ground, handicapping Riddick so that Wayne has a chance. You gonna contribute, or are you gonna continue your rant?

Robtard
I really dont think Batman's fighting skills are superior, that's just me. And his blade isn't that much longer than Riddicks, not to mention that Riddick has two blades. You think Batman would have been able to snap the neck of one of those creatures from Pitch Black? Or take down two of them with a shiv, as Riddick did?

Well, we see Riddick take out plenty of guys, most of them are nothing but chumps, even the Necromancers are mainly just brainwashed civilians. Wayne on the overhand, takes out trained ninjas and gun-armed thugs. This and we do see his training are the reasons why I give the fightingg skill advantage to Wayne.

That sword is about 3 feet long, Riddick's blades are about 9 inches; that's a serious reach advantage.

Wayne is supposed to be extremely strong (I can site examples if needed), it's possible he could have broken one of those creatures necks, as we don't know how durable they are. Still, Riddick does have the strength advantage as I said previously, if that was your point.

Upon further thinking, I'm not saying Wayne (sans Batsuit) wins, just that he wouldn't lose "in a stomp." His better skills and reach give him an edge that counter Riddick's inherent superior abilities.

Rogue Jedi
Well, we see Riddick take out plenty of guys, most of them are nothing but chumps, even the Necromancers are mainly just brainwashed civilians. Wayne on the overhand, takes out trained ninjas and gun-armed thugs. This and we do see his training are the reasons why I give the fightingg skill advantage to Wayne.

That sword is about 3 feet long, Riddick's blades are about 9 inches; that's a serious reach advantage.

Wayne is supposed to be extremely strong (I can site examples if needed), it's possible he could have broken one of those creatures necks, as we don't know how durable they are. Still, Riddick does have the strength advantage as I said previously, if that was your point.

Upon further thinking, I'm not saying Wayne (sans Batsuit) wins, just that he wouldn't lose "in a stomp." His better skills and reach give him an edge that counter Riddick's inherent superior abilities. The blade on the sword is 19 inches, not 36 inches confused

Riddick has speed AND strength as an advantage.

Bardock42
Dude, you are more difficult than a spoiled teenage girl with horrible menstral cramps. the thread has now turned to how we can place them on even ground, handicapping Riddick so that Wayne has a chance. You gonna contribute, or are you gonna continue your rant? My rant? Rant on what? And contribute? I did, I stated who I believe would win in either scenario you addressed.

Rogue Jedi
My rant? Rant on what? And contribute? I did, I stated who I believe would win in either scenario you addressed. Then let's think of NEW scenarios. Problem with that?

WrathfulDwarf
Riddick (The chronicles of Riddick version), armed with the knives in the pic below:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg183/jedibeastie/receivedfiles/riddickavy.jpg

Versus Bruce Wayne, armed with a Ninja short sword (19 inch blade), see pic below:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg183/jedibeastie/receivedfiles/M3264.jpg

They face off in a semi lit environment, let's say an abandoned airplane hangar. There are several dark places for Riddick to hide and use his night vision, but for the most part it is a straight up blade fight. It's Bruce Wayne (Batman begins and TDK version), not Batman, so no Bat armor and no gadgets.

That's not really a good fight.

This is totally unfair to Riddick here.

Bruce will PWn3d his ass in seconds. Bruce is a master of stealth atttacks. During his training days...Bruce had to be blindfolded and fought ninjas.

So this fight is completely and utterly unfair to Riddick. At least give Riddick a gun or some kind of laser to kill Bruce.

Otherwise he is toast.

Robtard
The blade on the sword is 19 inches, not 36 inches confused

Riddick has speed AND strength as an advantage.

You're right, ninjato are about 20 inches. 10-11 inches is still a decent reach advantage.

Which I gave him; being two of the reasons why I think Wayne without the suit would most likely lose, despite a fighting skill and reach advantage.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
That's not really a good fight.

This is totally unfair to Riddick here.

Bruce will PWn3d his ass in seconds. Bruce is a master of stealth atttacks. During his training days...Bruce had to be blindfolded and fought ninjas.

So this fight is completely and utterly unfair to Riddick. At least give Riddick a gun or some kind of laser to kill Bruce.

Otherwise he is toast. Stealth is not an issue here, it is a straight up battle.

And if Wayne decides to take to the shadows, Riddick can see in the dark, Wayne cant.

So Riddick has speed, strength AND his night vision as an advantage if Wayne is stupid enough to get stealthy.

Rogue Jedi
You're right, ninjato are about 20 inches. 10-11 inches is still a decent reach advantage.

Which I gave him; being two of the reasons why I think Wayne without the suit would most likely lose, despite a fighting skill and reach advantage. Wayne has ten inches on Riddick haermm

Robtard
Wayne has ten inches on Riddick haermm

Not sure if Bale is well hung, but Vin Diesel does suffer from Micropenis.

Rogue Jedi
Not sure if Bale is well hung, but Vin Diesel does suffer from Micropenis. Micropenis, Microsoft? crylaugh

WrathfulDwarf
Stealth is not an issue here, it is a straight up battle.

And if Wayne decides to take to the shadows, Riddick can see in the dark, Wayne cant.

So Riddick has speed, strength AND his night vision as an advantage if Wayne is stupid enough to get stealthy.

Straight up BATTLE?

Even WORSE for Riddick! Now he has dodge the Bat-kick.

He's toast!

Rogue Jedi
Straight up BATTLE?

Even WORSE for Riddick! Now he has dodge the Bat-kick.

He's toast! Jackass haermm

WrathfulDwarf
big grin

Rogue Jedi
OK man let's get serious here

I mean it

No more kidding around

haermm

Robtard
Swagger vs Riddick

This might prove a quandary for RJ, his hero vs the guy in his Avy/Sig, oh noes!

Dark-Jaxx
So Riddick wins, poor little Brucey.

Let's say Wayne has two blades and Riddick one, all the same size. What then? You are not leaning in his direction. You made this thread and your very next post proclaimed that this thread was a stomp, as if it was not up for debate, and subsequent posts suggest you don't consider it up for debate.

Impediment
And?

Rogue Jedi
You are not leaning in his direction. You made this thread and your very next post proclaimed that this thread was a stomp, as if it was not up for debate, and subsequent posts suggest you don't consider it up for debate.

Originally posted by Impediment
And?

Exactly.

Placidity
And?

Isn't obvious?

Why did you make this thread?

Feels like deja vu on so many levels:

- RJ making topics where one side is already deemed the obvious winner (In other forums, its called "spite"wink and differing opinions are immediately labeled "Horseshit".

- Impediment jumping in for RJ at the first sign of disapproval from other members.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
And?

Isn't obvious?

Why did you make this thread?

Feels like deja vu on so many levels:

- RJ making topics where one side is already deemed the obvious winner (In other forums, its called "spite"wink and differing opinions are immediately labeled "Horseshit".

- Impediment jumping in for RJ at the first sign of disapproval from other members. I made the thread because I am interested in other's opinions. If you don't like it or don't approve, GTFO, simple as that.

Impediment didn't "jump in", he merely commented on another's BS post.

So what if I am convinced Riddick will win? Who cares? This is why I am open to any suggestions on changing the conditions of the fight, but NO, whiners like you would rather flap their gums about "spite" and whatever mumbo jumbo is rolling about in your head.

Placidity
I made the thread because I am interested in other's opinions.

Sure. Only Impediment would believe that.

Like Wayne EVER had a chance in this thread:

By your own admittance:

Rogue Jedi
Sure. Only Impediment would believe that.

Like Wayne EVER had a chance in this thread:

By your own admittance: I am forced to repeat myself here.........and? What does it matter? If you don't like the thread, then stay out, keep your thoughts to yourself. All you are accomplishing here is.....well, nothing. Why not just contribute by proposing different conditions?

Think on it like this. Conditions are placed in a versus battle to even the playing field. A good example is the Vader versus Aragorn thread. Thread starter specified Aragorn's blade was resistant to Vader's plasma lightsaber blade. Ludicrous as that was, it was needed, wasn't it? If someone started an Iron man versus Superman thread, and said Iron man has Kryptonite imbedded in his suit, who ****ing cares? Admit Iron man will stomp Supes, then suggest new conditions, easy cheesy.

And you really need to stop suggesting that Mattie and I have some sort of special relationship, because we don't.

Placidity
It's nice that you are suggesting new conditions (edit: no sarcasm btw).

But it gets annoying every time you have a new favorite, you make a thread where you already have a clear victor and in your mind there is no question about it. Any points raised favoring the other opponent is usually always immediately dismissed by you. That kinda defeats the point of debating threads.

Actually I'm pointing out that this thread accomplishes nothing because there really is no debate, Riddick is the clear winner.

Whilst it's not as extreme, but it would be comparable to making a Magneto vs Colossus topic because I really like Magneto, then proclaiming Magneto would shit stomp his opponent.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
And?

He constantly makes threads where he believes is a clear winner. Then yells "LALALALA" when anyone else says something.

'tis annoying.

Rogue Jedi
It's nice that you are suggesting new conditions (edit: no sarcasm btw).

But it gets annoying every time you have a new favorite, you make a thread where you already have a clear victor and in your mind there is no question about it. Any points raised favoring the other opponent is usually always immediately dismissed by you. That kinda defeats the point of debating threads.

Actually I'm pointing out that this thread accomplishes nothing because there really is no debate, Riddick is the clear winner.

Whilst it's not as extreme, but it would be comparable to making a Magneto vs Colossus topic because I really like Magneto, then proclaiming Magneto would shit stomp his opponent. You act like I have never seen someone's point of view and admitted that my initial choice was wrong, this is not accurate. I am never too proud to admit when I am wrong. Thing is, I am not gonna admit I am wrong if I truly believe I am NOT wrong.

Rogue Jedi
He constantly makes threads where he believes is a clear winner. Then yells "LALALALA" when anyone else says something.

'tis annoying. Most threads here are started by someone who has a clear victor in mind. I am not the only one here who does this.

Alpha Centauri
That doesn't make it any less stupid.

If you know he'd win, then why create the thread, because he's a current favourite of yours?

The point of these threads is to debate fights that make sense and have multiple possible outcomes. Not to love up your favourite character.

I've never seen you admit to being wrong in these threads, and it's not because you never are.

The Batsuit is far too great an advantage

What, like making Bruce Wayne fight an alien without the Batsuit ISN'T an advantage to Riddick?

Bruce Wayne Vs Matt Murdock would be an appropriate thread, because there isn't necessarily a clear winner.

Even if Bruce Wayne would win this, you still quite blatantly created it because you like Riddick and think he'd win. Why don't you just stop creating threads which you're so sure of, and actually go for ones that can carry a debate?

If you're so curious about other opinions, why not ask for them on the subject of a fight that has an outcome you're unsure of? Why ask for other opinions on a fight that you are definitely sure is one-sided, yelling "Horseshit!" at anyone opposing it?

Defies sense.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That doesn't make it any less stupid.

If you know he'd win, then why create the thread, because he's a current favourite of yours?

The point of these threads is to debate fights that make sense and have multiple possible outcomes. Not to love up your favourite character.

I've never seen you admit to being wrong in these threads, and it's not because you never are.

-AC IMO he'd win, I was curious as to what others thought. Now that it has been established that Riddick would win, we can discuss scenarios where Wayne has a chance. It's not rocket science, it's actually quite simple.

"Multiple possible outcomes"...I agree, I also agree with "Multiple possible scenarios."

Read the Han Solo versus Captain Kirk thread, I was proven wrong by Robtard and I openly admitted it.

Alpha Centauri
IMO he'd win, I was curious as to what others thought. Now that it has been established that Riddick would win, we can discuss scenarios where Wayne has a chance. It's not rocket science, it's actually quite simple.

"Multiple possible outcomes"...I agree, I also agree with "Multiple possible scenarios."

Read the Han Solo versus Captain Kirk thread, I was proven wrong by Robtard and I openly admitted it.

Such a flimsy, and false, excuse.

"I'm curious as to what others think.", why? Whenever someone challenges you, you call bullshit and start saying "How about we change this, that and this, then?". The point of these threads is to debate an outcome because we aren't sure of who'd win.

Not create a biased thread because you like someone.

What would be achieved by discussing scenarios where Wayne has a chance? You favour Riddick, so people are gonna favour Wayne. Your threads are such an unplanned shambles, they really are. You make them pointless.

You create such biased or impossible/illogical threads, and then try to make the biased unbiased, or the illogical logical.

Examples; Skywalker Vs Neo.

Despite admitting that it was an illogical fight because of many factors, after it was proven to you, you then spent the next 10 pages trying to come up with ways to make it work, when you should have just accepted that they don't work together and moved on.

Why not just accept that you have a reasonably poor opinion of what makes good Vs threads, and not create one until you can be sure that it's worth debating? It's not a coincidence that almost every time you make one, you get the same response.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
I made the thread because I am interested in other's opinions. If you don't like it or don't approve, GTFO, simple as that.

Impediment didn't "jump in", he merely commented on another's BS post.

So what if I am convinced Riddick will win? Who cares? This is why I am open to any suggestions on changing the conditions of the fight, but NO, whiners like you would rather flap their gums about "spite" and whatever mumbo jumbo is rolling about in your head.

I can see RJ point here...besides some of you are taking this like if it was real life or something.

But my opinion still stands....Bruce pwned Riddick like he did with the Predator.

Hay!

Rogue Jedi
Such a flimsy, and false, excuse.

"I'm curious as to what others think.", why? Whenever someone challenges you, you call bullshit and start saying "How about we change this, that and this, then?". The point of these threads is to debate an outcome because we aren't sure of who'd win.

Not create a biased thread because you like someone.

What would be achieved by discussing scenarios where Wayne has a chance? You favour Riddick, so people are gonna favour Wayne. Your threads are such an unplanned shambles, they really are. You make them pointless.

You create such biased or impossible/illogical threads, and then try to make the biased unbiased, or the illogical logical.

Examples; Skywalker Vs Neo.

Despite admitting that it was an illogical fight because of many factors, after it was proven to you, you then spent the next 10 pages trying to come up with ways to make it work, when you should have just accepted that they don't work together and moved on.

Why not just accept that you have a reasonably poor opinion of what makes good Vs threads, and not create one until you can be sure that it's worth debating? It's not a coincidence that almost every time you make one, you get the same response.

-AC Same response from the same group of people, That's for sure. More coincidence?

I was not alone in the Skywalker versus Neo thread, you and a few others wreaked your fair share of havoc there as well, so please refrain from placing me in the spotlight. That thread was doomed because the thread starter was not clear of the conditions in the opening post, and, when it was realized, it was too late.

If a thread is made and there is a clear winner, should the thread be closed? Or should new scenarios be presented to present the possibility of your coveted "Multiple possible outcomes?"

Face it, with all the movie characters out there, it's hard to find two that are on even ground. But I'll tell you what, you go and create a few versus threads, show us what a good versus thread is, THEN you can criticize others. You seem to know all there is to know about versus threads, what it takes to make a good one, so please, dazzle us.

Rogue Jedi
I can see RJ point here...besides some of you are taking this like if it was real life or something.

But my opinion still stands....Bruce pwned Riddick like he did with the Predator.

Hay! I know right? haermm

Wait, Bruce Predator huh? confused This must be a comic thing.....

WrathfulDwarf
I know right? haermm

Wait, Bruce Predator huh? confused This must be a comic thing.....

Maybe...shifty

Yeah, Batman took on Predator in comics and fan films.

Bats won.

Alpha Centauri
Same response from the same group of people, That's for sure. More coincidence?

I was not alone in the Skywalker versus Neo thread, you and a few others wreaked your fair share of havoc there as well, so please refrain from placing me in the spotlight. That thread was doomed because the thread starter was not clear of the conditions in the opening post, and, when it was realized, it was too late.

If a thread is made and there is a clear winner, should the thread be closed? Or should new scenarios be presented to present the possibility of your coveted "Multiple possible outcomes?"

If it's actually so biased or one-sided that creating other scenarios results in boosting or handicapping, then yes, it should be closed. Because then it stops being a fight.

It's like saying Galactus Vs Hulk, but Galactus is just a really big man, he doesn't have his whole powers. There's literally no point.

If it's say, Daredevil Vs Batman, you can come up with various scenarios. If a thread is so unworkable, like Skywalker/Neo, that you have to start handicapping people, then it should be closed.

Face it, with all the movie characters out there, it's hard to find two that are on even ground. But I'll tell you what, you go and create a few versus threads, show us what a good versus thread is, THEN you can criticize others. You seem to know all there is to know about versus threads, what it takes to make a good one, so please, dazzle us.

It's not about how much I know, it's about how much you don't.

It's no secret; make something that isn't massively unbiased, and if it is, don't handicap or boost the combatants to make it interesting. There's no science involved, it's just simple thinking first, typing later.

You evidently do not do this.

Nobody is taking this any more serious than anyone else. My issue is with what threads are created and allowed, not the subjects within. It's all in fun, but if the thread consists more of debating over rules because the thread starter was too dumb to make one that works, then obviously there's a problem.

For example:

Batman Vs Daredevil in a warehouse or abandoned city. Both are relatively similar characters. Daredevil has a power unique to him, and Batman has abilities unique to him, but neither are so extreme that the other one would be incapable of countering it. Daredevil nor Batman need to be gimped or boosted.

You create threads like Riddick Vs Bruce Wayne, and then moan that the Batsuit is too much of an advantage. Like making Bruce Wayne fight an alien with night vision, in a darkened room, isn't an advantage to Riddick.

In spite of all this, you won't admit that what I'm saying is right, and yet...will have the audacity to claim you admit it when wrong. You seem to create these threads with the purpose of "Prove me wrong.", rather than "Let's discuss what we think would happen.". That's my issue with what you do.

-AC

Placidity

Guide to Good Vs Topic (from the top of my head)

- People are readily familiar with the characters

- Characters have several movie feats (e.g Not Colossus)

- Characters are interestingly matched (I think the most important aspect, for me I find Wolverine vs Predator a good fight. )

- Characters are more or less evenly matched

- Possible victories for both opponents / No clear winner

- Interesting or logical points can be brought up for or against a character

- Induces differing opinion from members (50-50 is always nice, you need people to back you up sometimes stick out tongue).

- Characters can win by different ways (not always the case, but it makes part of a great thread me thinks)

Probably something else others can add. Just my opinion btw (the above), but I think generally people will agree with it (hopefully).

Blinky
Very funny/entertaining thread for all the wrong reasons.

BTW : Riddick turns Wayne into ground beef.

Wil7
They are fighting in a semilit environment.

Even in a semi-lit environment, Riddick stomps.

Rogue Jedi

If it's actually so biased or one-sided that creating other scenarios results in boosting or handicapping, then yes, it should be closed. Because then it stops being a fight.

It's like saying Galactus Vs Hulk, but Galactus is just a really big man, he doesn't have his whole powers. There's literally no point.

If it's say, Daredevil Vs Batman, you can come up with various scenarios. If a thread is so unworkable, like Skywalker/Neo, that you have to start handicapping people, then it should be closed.

It's not about how much I know, it's about how much you don't.

It's no secret; make something that isn't massively unbiased, and if it is, don't handicap or boost the combatants to make it interesting. There's no science involved, it's just simple thinking first, typing later.

You evidently do not do this.

Nobody is taking this any more serious than anyone else. My issue is with what threads are created and allowed, not the subjects within. It's all in fun, but if the thread consists more of debating over rules because the thread starter was too dumb to make one that works, then obviously there's a problem.

For example:

Batman Vs Daredevil in a warehouse or abandoned city. Both are relatively similar characters. Daredevil has a power unique to him, and Batman has abilities unique to him, but neither are so extreme that the other one would be incapable of countering it. Daredevil nor Batman need to be gimped or boosted.

You create threads like Riddick Vs Bruce Wayne, and then moan that the Batsuit is too much of an advantage. Like making Bruce Wayne fight an alien with night vision, in a darkened room, isn't an advantage to Riddick.

In spite of all this, you won't admit that what I'm saying is right, and yet...will have the audacity to claim you admit it when wrong. You seem to create these threads with the purpose of "Prove me wrong.", rather than "Let's discuss what we think would happen.". That's my issue with what you do.

-AC Dude, whatever. Look at all the energy you are expending here, do you really think you are gonna change the world or save the whales with your tendency to rant and ***** and moan when you see/read/witness something you don't like?

If you see a thread you don't like, why the drama? Why not just say "Oh **** that thread, dude doesn't know what he is talking about?" Why the constant need to flex your might and create a ruckus? Oh yeah, I know, it's irritating. Lemmee ask you this: If you see a patch of poison ivy, and you know that by sticking your hand in it you will be irritated, would you still stick your hand in it? Or would you avoid and ignore it?

And yes, the Batsuit is too much of an advantage, any moron can see this. Unless Wayne has ONLY the Batsuit, with NO weapons, then it becomes less of an advantage.

And so what if I start these threads with a favorite in mind, with a "prove me wrong" outlook? If I cannot be proven wrong under a certain set of conditions, then why not change things around, even the playing field a bit, instead of wasting time crying like a little girl?

Alpha Centauri
Dude, whatever. Look at all the energy you are expending here, do you really think you are gonna change the world or save the whales with your tendency to rant and ***** and moan when you see/read/witness something you don't like?

I'm not expending any energy or looking to change the world, but it appears I hit a nerve.

I brought it up because your ability to create shit threads and, as a result, pages of drama (Even before I came here), is great. YOU are the one with the ability to change anything and start avoiding this, so I'm giving you neutral input.

If you see a thread you don't like, why the drama? Why not just say "Oh **** that thread, dude doesn't know what he is talking about?" Why the constant need to flex your might and create a ruckus? Oh yeah, I know, it's irritating. Lemmee ask you this: If you see a patch of poison ivy, and you know that by sticking your hand in it you will be irritated, would you still stick your hand in it? Or would you avoid and ignore it?

Today was the first time I posted here and even then you had people telling you the same, so why try to imply this is all some AC instigated drama? It's not, you know it's not.

Secondly, your analogy skill isn't great either. For every thread of yours like this that I've commented in, which is about three, there are many more threads I've avoided, so your point fails.

And yes, the Batsuit is too much of an advantage, any moron can see this. Unless Wayne has ONLY the Batsuit, with NO weapons, then it becomes less of an advantage.

Then put Riddick in a room with regular light.

And so what if I start these threads with a favorite in mind, with a "prove me wrong" outlook? If I cannot be proven wrong under a certain set of conditions, then why not change things around, even the playing field a bit, instead of wasting time crying like a little girl?

Because why should we? "I believe this extremely biased match is so certain, it's a stomp, it's easy. You all have to prove me wrong.", why? Why not just not make the thread? You obviously enjoy and want the answer you've decided on, you're fixed in your choice, why make the thread? Don't give me the bs of "I'm not beyond swaying.", you are. You have been ever since you made this thread. Stop using that as a disguise.

Nobody's crying like a little girl besides you being incapable of handling critique on your shit threads.

You're asking me why not change things around, I already told you:

"If it's actually so biased or one-sided that creating other scenarios results in boosting or handicapping, then yes, it should be closed. Because then it stops being a fight.

If it's say, Daredevil Vs Batman, you can come up with various scenarios. If a thread is so unworkable, like Skywalker/Neo, that you have to start handicapping people, then it should be closed.".

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Dude, whatever. Look at all the energy you are expending here, do you really think you are gonna change the world or save the whales with your tendency to rant and ***** and moan when you see/read/witness something you don't like?

Yeah the Batsuit is a big plus for Bruce. Still a better fight....utility belt and stuff.

Ahsoka Tano
I would have to say Riddick. Both guys are hot though, I'd love to see that fight. Yum

Rogue Jedi

I'm not expending any energy or looking to change the world, but it appears I hit a nerve.

I brought it up because your ability to create shit threads and, as a result, pages of drama (Even before I came here), is great. YOU are the one with the ability to change anything and start avoiding this, so I'm giving you neutral input.

Today was the first time I posted here and even then you had people telling you the same, so why try to imply this is all some AC instigated drama? It's not, you know it's not.

Secondly, your analogy skill isn't great either. For every thread of yours like this that I've commented in, which is about three, there are many more threads I've avoided, so your point fails.

Then put Riddick in a room with regular light.

Because why should we? "I believe this extremely biased match is so certain, it's a stomp, it's easy. You all have to prove me wrong.", why? Why not just not make the thread? You obviously enjoy and want the answer you've decided on, you're fixed in your choice, why make the thread? Don't give me the bs of "I'm not beyond swaying.", you are. You have been ever since you made this thread. Stop using that as a disguise.

Nobody's crying like a little girl besides you being incapable of handling critique on your shit threads.

You're asking me why not change things around, I already told you:

"If it's actually so biased or one-sided that creating other scenarios results in boosting or handicapping, then yes, it should be closed. Because then it stops being a fight.

If it's say, Daredevil Vs Batman, you can come up with various scenarios. If a thread is so unworkable, like Skywalker/Neo, that you have to start handicapping people, then it should be closed.".

-AC .............I'm sorry, what?

NonSensi-Klown
Riddik wins...

Rogue Jedi
Yeah the Batsuit is a big plus for Bruce. Still a better fight....utility belt and stuff. No, just the suit, no utility belt with Batarangs. Riddick with his two blades, Batman in the Batsuit with only his gauntlet blades as weapons. The Batsuit has night vision, so I guess it can be allowed to negate Riddick's night vision.

Alpha Centauri
.............I'm sorry, what?

See, if you're going to reply, why not reply to the post?

If you're going to reply with nothing but that, why not just not reply?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
And since Wayne has the Batsuit, let's arm Riddick with two of the knives he killed the Lord Marshall with.

http://usera.ImageCave.com/roguejedi/knife.bmp.jpg

Not sure if they can slice through the Batsuit, but the knife did pierce Necromonger armor.

Rogue Jedi
See, if you're going to reply, why not reply to the post?

If you're going to reply with nothing but that, why not just not reply?

-AC You through? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
Are you?

We've established Riddick wins. Now what?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Are you?

We've established Riddick wins. Now what?

-AC

NOW we consider different conditions, conditions where Wayne isn't ass raped.

Yeah the Batsuit is a big plus for Bruce. Still a better fight....utility belt and stuff.

No, just the suit, no utility belt with Batarangs. Riddick with his two blades, Batman in the Batsuit with only his gauntlet blades as weapons. The Batsuit has night vision, so I guess it can be allowed to negate Riddick's night vision.

And since Wayne has the Batsuit, let's arm Riddick with two of the knives he killed the Lord Marshall with.

http://usera.ImageCave.com/roguejedi/knife.bmp.jpg

Not sure if they can slice through the Batsuit, but the knife did pierce Necromonger armor.

I'd say that makes it a bit more interesting.

Robtard
NOW we consider different conditions, conditions where Wayne isn't ass raped.

See, I provided several valid reasons as to why this fight wouldn't necessarily be a Riddick victory, or in the very least, Wayne wouldn't lose "in a stomp" or get "ass raped" as you and others put it. Yet you dismiss them with nothing more than "bullshit, not gonna happen" responses.

Rogue Jedi
See, I provided several valid reasons as to why this fight wouldn't necessarily be a Riddick victory, or in the very least, Wayne wouldn't lose "in a stomp" or get "ass raped" as you and others put it. Yet you dismiss them with nothing more than "bullshit, not gonna happen" responses. I only pointed out that Riddick is faster, stronger, heals quicker than Wayne. Given the opening conditions, yes, Riddick wins every time, hence the new conditions.

Rogue Jedi
Swagger vs Riddick

This might prove a quandary for RJ, his hero vs the guy in his Avy/Sig, oh noes! I missed this one laughing

Robtard
I only pointed out that Riddick is faster, stronger, heals quicker than Wayne. Given the opening conditions, yes, Riddick wins every time, hence the new conditions.

Yes, I read your links and I acknowledged that Furions are faster, stronger, heal faster etc than humans. How much more so, though and there's also the factor that Wayne isn't your ordinary 6' 200lbs dude, he's trained and conditioned extensively.

So is Riddick stronger in the sense that he can lift 800lbs as compared to Wayne's 700lbs (just numbers), or is he insanely stronger than Wayne where he can lift a ton? Same goes for speed, agility etc. As I pointed out earlier and it was ignored, his healing factor won't be a factor in this 'to the death' fight. He heals quicker than normal humans; it isn't a healing factor like Wolverine's though.

Wayne also has two key factors that could potentially counter Riddick's inherent abilities (depending on how much more superior there are), reach with his sword and extensive training we've actually seen him go through in Begins.

So "in a stomp" or "ass raped", seems like a premature ejaculatory conclusion, considering.

Rogue Jedi
Yes, I read your links and I acknowledged that Furions are faster, stronger, heal faster etc than humans. How much more so, though and there's also the factor that Wayne isn't your ordinary 6' 200lbs dude, he's trained and conditioned extensively.

So is Riddick stronger in the sense that he can lift 800lbs as compared to Wayne's 700lbs (just numbers), or is he insanely stronger than Wayne where he can lift a ton? Same goes for speed, agility etc. As I pointed out earlier and it was ignored, his healing factor won't be a factor in this 'to the death' fight. He heals quicker than normal humans; it isn't a healing factor like Wolverine's though.

Wayne also has two key factors that could potentially counter Riddick's inherent abilities (depending on how much more superior there are), reach with his sword and extensive training we've actually seen him go through in Begins.

So "in a stomp" or "ass raped", seems like a premature ejaculatory conclusion, considering. If you watch Chronicles of Riddick, you can see just how fast Riddick is. In the opening scene, he takes out two mercs in a matter of seconds. How did he cut one loose from his harness, then make his way silently to the other side of the cave and take out the other before Toombs realized what happened? Speed, Stealth.

The healing factor is a non issue, you are right, but no doubt Riddick can take more of a beating than Batman can. His battle with the Lord Marshall is a testament to this.

Also, Wayne doesn't have his sword in this new scenario.

Wayne has extensive training, but Riddick doesn't? Years of fighting and running from bounties, taking on Mercs and trained killers and alien beings around every corner is better than "training."

Robtard
If you watch Chronicles of Riddick, you can see just how fast Riddick is. In the opening scene, he takes out two mercs in a matter of seconds. How did he cut one loose from his harness, then make his way silently to the other side of the cave and take out the other before Toombs realized what happened? Speed, Stealth.

The healing factor is a non issue, you are right, but no doubt Riddick can take more of a beating than Batman can. His battle with the Lord Marshall is a testament to this.

Also, Wayne doesn't have his sword in this new scenario.

Wayne has extensive training, but Riddick doesn't? Years of fighting and running from bounties, taking on Mercs and trained killers and alien beings around every corner is better than "training."

There's several scenes of Batman taking out guys in a similar "stealth/fast" fashion between BB and TDK.

Yeah, extra durability is probably another Furion ability, but again as noted above in regards to his Furion abilities, how much more durable than a human is he exactly? Is it 'can take a few extra punches' or 'can take several bullets and keep going'?

Why doesn't he have a sword anymore and what new scenario? My arguments are valid in regards to the original one, I'm not just saying "Wayne wins because!"

Riddick is obviously skilled, we do factually see Wayne training though, from blind fighting, balancing on polls while ninjas beat on him to taking on the entire LOS clan.

Rogue Jedi
There's several scenes of Batman taking out guys in a similar "stealth/fast" fashion between BB and TDK.

Yeah, extra durability is probably another Furion ability, but again as noted above in regards to his Furion abilities, how much more durable than a human is he exactly? Is it 'can take a few extra punches' or 'can take several bullets and keep going'?

Why doesn't he have a sword anymore and what new scenario? My arguments are valid in regards to the original one, I'm not just saying "Wayne wins because!"

Riddick is obviously skilled, we do factually see Wayne training though, from blind fighting, balancing on polls while ninjas beat on him to taking on the entire LOS clan.

I know, I am just saying that Riddick is faster than Batman, and probably as stealthy to Batman, or close to.

Taking bullets? Doubtful. Probably more like he can take alot more punches, more powerful punches. Think of Wayne as a piece of lead that can be molded if hit hard enough with a hammer, then think of Riddick as a piece of steel, much harder and capable of taking more punishment from the same hammer.

Wayne doesn't have a sword now because of the Batsuit. He does, however, have his wrist gauntlets.

We see them both in action, fighting, that's all that matters.

NonSensi-Klown
Riddick is a hundred times faster than Batman can ever hope to be, there's no reason to think Bruce would win.

Robtard
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Riddick is a hundred times faster than Batman can ever hope to be, there's no reason to think Bruce would win.

A hundred times?

Rogue Jedi
A hundred times? No haermm

King Castle
rubtart brings a lot of valid points goin to have to think about this one.mhmm

Impediment
Helluva bump, there.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by King Castle
rubtart brings a lot of valid points goin to have to think about this one.mhmm And my points are just as valid.

King Castle
i didnt have time to read yours.. i like rubtart better and i'm bias.

Rogue Jedi
I gotcha.

Robtard
LoL.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.