Herald level Quintessance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
Ok so If you think about it, Marvel has the best quintessence of Herald level beings right now.

Surfer
Thor
Warlock
Dr. Strange
Black Bolt

Are there Five others From DC who could match them?

Are there Five others from Marvel who could closely match them?

Remember these guys have power, skill, versatility, intelligence, and would just plain kick ass as a team.

Your challenge. Come up with five who could challenge them for their place. No one over Herald level.

carver9
Gl
Firestorm
Orion (fully geared)

and that really all that I can think about right now.

In order to be qualified as a herald I think that you have to be as versatile as you can get, very powerful, and very durable. Thats all that I can think of now from dc side.

EkinEku
what about light ray and takion

fangirl101
Originally posted by EkinEku
what about light ray and takion
Takion is Transtier/Skyfather.

Soljer
Hal Jordan, Superman, Alan Scott, and the Flash could likely solo them even with a numbers disadvantage.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Soljer
Hal Jordan, Superman, Alan Scott, and the Flash could likely solo them even with a numbers disadvantage.

confused I just know you are kidding right? Superman?

joshypooh
^^lol.

Enyalus
From Marvel:

King Hyperion.
Gladiator.
Sentry.
God-Cable.
Magneto.

From DC:

KC Superman.
Eradicator (Fortress Mode).
Classic Infinity Man.
Zatanna.
Wally West.

Thoughts?

Soljer
Originally posted by fangirl101
confused I just know you are kidding right? Superman?

Can beat down Thor, Black Bolt, or Warlock.

carver9

Hulk could beat thor and black bolt, I guess he's high herald to huh. Thing owned terrax once, I guess hes mid herald. embarrasment

fangirl101
Originally posted by Enyalus
From Marvel:

King Hyperion.
Gladiator.
Sentry.
God-Cable.
Magneto.

From DC:

KC Superman.
Classic Infinity Man.
Zatanna.
Dr. Fate.

Thoughts?
Gladiator, Sentry, God Cable and Magneto are all done. They get boned.

The DC side is good cept Zatanna. She's dead. Surfer turns her mouth into puddy. She's too slow to use her powers. And The DC team as a whole is lacking The Skill of Thor. The Planning and intelligence of Warlock. The Prep of Dr. Strange. Tho Dr. Fate comes damned close.

iceman24567
Erads isn't a planner i thought he had some leadership feats?

fangirl101
Superman can beat Thor Down in Speed yes. But once that magical hammer gets whirling, the game changes. Black bolt only need to open his mouth to change the game. Warlock is a wild card. If it's classic warlock that was as powerful as the preupgraded thanos, then he'd likely be a good match. But it's the over all quailities of the five that make them so good.

ultimatethor
From Marvel:

King Hyperion.
Gladiator.
Sentry.
God-Cable.
Magneto.

From DC:

KC Superman.
Classic Infinity Man.
Zatanna.
Wally West.

Thoughts?

For ur marvel list id take out magneto and insert Beta ray bill.

Enyalus
The DC side is good cept Zatanna. She's dead. Surfer turns her mouth into puddy. She's too slow to use her powers. And The DC team as a whole is lacking The Skill of Thor. The Planning and intelligence of Warlock. The Prep of Dr. Strange. Tho Dr. Fate comes damned close.

Could've added Lefey, or whatever her name is, instead of Zatanna. Was at a loss as to how to combat Dr. Strange.

carver9
From Marvel:

King Hyperion.
Gladiator.
Sentry.
God-Cable.
Magneto.

From DC:

KC Superman.
Classic Infinity Man.
Zatanna.
Wally West.

Thoughts?

I agree with some on your list
Gladiator due to him having the ability to do anything and during his fight with surfer he was dishing out cosmic energy.

Sentry, basically due to the numerous of powers at his possession and right now he about as versatile as you can get.

God like cable: Basically showed that he can do anything that he put his mind to. Hell during his fight with surfer he was basically matter manipulating the entire time. rebuilding what was destroyed and bringing back life with a thought.

Zatanna, I totally agree

and thats basically it.

Enyalus
Originally posted by ultimatethor
For ur marvel list id take out magneto and insert Beta ray bill.

But I think he'd have fun toying with Thor's lightning...And BB.

fangirl101
Could've added Lefey, or whatever her name is, instead of Zatanna. Was at a loss as to how to combat Dr. Strange.
Dr. Fate. He's pretty Uber. And he's got brains.

ultimatethor
But I think he'd have fun toying with Thor's lightning...And BB.

True, but thor wud have fun absorbing his magnetic energy wink

fangirl101
Surfer could do it as well. Black Bolt might be able to manipulate it.

fangirl101
For DC, I'd have to go with the right mix of Power, Smarts, magic, and No Glaring weaknesses to Exploit.

Classic Infinity Man
Orion
Metron
Firestorm or Hal Jordan
Dr. Fate

For Marvel. Tuff.

Probably
Morg
Loki
Dr. Doom
The Runner
High Evolutionary.

Enyalus

sad You're totally crushing my "Magnus can do anything with the electromagnetic spectrum" wetdream, dude. Quit it.

quanchi112
Orion,Superman,Black Adam,(classic)Captain Marvel,Hal Jordan would give it a go.

ultimatethor
In marvel the closest group i can think of wud be

Classic Quasar
Beta ray bill
Gladiator
The runner
Stardust

quanchi112
Ok so If you think about it, Marvel has the best quintessence of Herald level beings right now.

Surfer
Thor
Warlock
Dr. Strange
Black Bolt

Are there Five others From DC who could match them?

Are there Five others from Marvel who could closely match them?

Remember these guys have power, skill, versatility, intelligence, and would just plain kick ass as a team.

Your challenge. Come up with five who could challenge them for their place. No one over Herald level. Didnt see the marvel list.

Ok,here goes.

Sentry,Gladiator,Genis-vell,Beta Ray Bill,and WW Hulk.

fangirl101
In marvel the closest group i can think of wud be

Classic Quasar
Beta ray bill
Gladiator
The runner
Stardust

You need Some Smart to counter Warlock. And Someone Who can counter Dr. strange. That magic girl from the Old alpha flight. I can't think of her name. She was pretty up there as far as mages go. The Grandmaster is the only Guy I can think of who is powerful enough and smart enough to go toe to toe with Warlock in both areas.

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112
Didnt see the marvel list.

Ok,here goes.

Sentry,Gladiator,Genis-vell,Beta Ray Bill,and WW Hulk.
Sentry. No. Gladiator. No. WW Hulk. Big No.

quanchi112
Sentry. No. Gladiator. No. WW Hulk. Big No. Sentry,yes. Gladiator,yes. WW Hulk,yes. WW Hulk demolished earth's resistance and won in the end. He let them take him at the end of the book after he achieved his goals. I recommend reading it.

fangirl101
Sentry,yes. Gladiator,yes. WW Hulk,yes. WW Hulk demolished earth's resistance and won in the end. He let them take him at the end of the book after he achieved his goals. I recommend reading it.
You didn't pay attention to the OP did you? You didn't. Where is the versatility in the team you posted? Where are the smarts? The Planning? Where is the skill? The Magic?

fangirl101
Surfer
Thor
Warlock
Dr. Strange
Black Bolt

This would be a cool book to read.

Especially if Gladiator, Quasar, and Sersi were in it.
It would be a must read every month.

They'd need some UBER villians.

ultimatethor
You need Some Smart to counter Warlock. And Someone Who can counter Dr. strange. That magic girl from the Old alpha flight. I can't think of her name. She was pretty up there as far as mages go. The Grandmaster is the only Guy I can think of who is powerful enough and smart enough to go toe to toe with Warlock in both areas.

The thing with mages in marvel is that Dr strange is by far the best among them. In infinity war it took the combined might of four other mages to replicate a feat that by their own admission Strange cud easily perform. The closest human i can think of is the aged Ghengis( and he isnt really that close) but aside humans then probably loki. But i see the point about warlock, id match him against the high evolutionary or as u said the grandmaster.

quanchi112
You didn't pay attention to the OP did you? You didn't. Where is the versatility in the team you posted? Where are the smarts? The Planning? Where is the skill? The Magic? Oh brother. These kinds of threads are silly.

Sentry,Gamora,Dr. Doom,Gladiator,and WW Hulk.

fangirl101
Oh brother. These kinds of threads are silly.

Sentry,Gamora,Dr. Doom,Gladiator,and WW Hulk.
They require too much thinking. I know.

Sentry. No. Gamora. No. Gladiator. No. WW Hulk. No.

quanchi112
They require too much thinking. I know.

Sentry. No. Gamora. No. Gladiator. No. WW Hulk. No. I just gave you my team. They would pull it off imo. Gamora has uber skill. Doom has the smarts and the magic in one stone.

My team has your team owned in terms of physicality.

fangirl101
I just gave you my team. They would pull it off imo. Gamora has uber skill. Doom has the smarts and the magic in one stone.

My team has your team owned in terms of physicality.
No.

quanchi112
No. Yes. Your team is powerful and all but physically my team
has their number.

fangirl101
Yes. Your team is powerful and all but physically my team
has their number.
No. Your team all get mind wiped by Dr. Strange. Turned into coal by Surfer. Bfr'd By thor. Screamed to death by Black Bolt. just no. And Warlock is smarter than your entire team.

quanchi112
No. Your team all get mind wiped by Dr. Strange. Turned into coal by Surfer. Bfr'd By thor. Screamed to death by Black Bolt. just no. And Warlock is smarter than your entire team. Is warlock that much smarter than Doom? I didntknow Surfer could just turn anyone into coal on my team? You sound like a cbr poster.

fangirl101
Is warlock that much smarter than Doom? I didntknow Surfer could just turn anyone into coal on my team? You sound like a cbr poster.
Surfer has trapped someone in indestructible metal. He could certainly do that to your team. and you don't have anyone who can reverse the effects or matter manip their way out.

quanchi112
Surfer has trapped someone in indestructible metal. He could certainly do that to your team. and you don't have anyone who can reverse the effects or matter manip their way out. You didnt answer my question. Im taking Glads out of this thread. I want genis-vell back in. I forgot I had him on my original roster.

occultdestroyer
The Quintessence (DC)

Bouboumaster
Orion, Black Adam, Hal Jordan, Dr Fate and Martian Manhunter

Marvel would still win but DC would have a chance.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Orion, Black Adam, Hal Jordan, Dr Fate and Martian Manhunter

Marvel would still win but DC would have a chance.
Dr. Fate and Orion are good. Hal Jordan I'm iffy on. His Durability is questionable if he loses concentration.

I'd go with Metron.

Harbinger
I'll try:

Hank Henshaw (no rings)
Orion
Brainiac-13
Flash (Wally West)
Firestorm

Bouboumaster
Dr. Fate and Orion are good. Hal Jordan I'm iffy on. His Durability is questionable if he loses concentration.

I'd go with Metron.

What about Black Adam?

I would put the fights like that:

Surfer vs Hal Jordan
Thor vs Black Adam
Warlock vs Orion
Dr. Strange vs Dr Fate
Black Bolt vs Martian Manhunter

I think Marvel would still win, but DC got a chance, depending how fast Manhunter would beat Blackagar, because yes, I think that John beat him.

Endrict Nuul
WWH
Wonder Woman
Thanos
Namor
Wolverine

UniOmni
DC

Batman - The foresight and longterm thinking.
Cap Marvel - The human side to temper the edge of Batman with the Wisdom of Solomon.
Constantine - He exists in the DCU, so suck it. The magical who dun it solver.
WaveRider - The one who sees the longterm results, and consults the others accordingly.

This isn't a team about power, this is a team centered around effectiveness.

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk could beat thor and black bolt, I guess he's high herald to huh. Thing owned terrax once, I guess hes mid herald. embarrasment

I don't recall seeing the Hulk beat Thor.

Nor do I recall seeing him beat Black Bolt.

I know that they've both given him a sound beating on at least one occasion, but could you please provide me with the issues where Hulk beat either of them?

comicfan11
Orion
KC SUperman
Alan Scott
Dr. Fate
Infninity Man or Firestorm (if IM is considered to uber)

I think they could take a majority from the Marvel team or at least give them a fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.