Is Heroes getting Boring?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Has Heroes run it's course?

For the first time ever, after watching ever single episode of Heroes, since it's premier, i didn't wanna watch it anymore.

With the "Eris Quod Sum" (s3e7) last night, there came a point where i just changed the channel half way through he show and missed the rest of it intentinally. Not out of anger or anything eles. It was just i think the series, to me, has finally become too boring.

Any of you feel this way? I may be the only one. I know this show is crazy popular but i just find it boring as hell. I didn't even bother to find out what happened at the end of the episode. Or what'll happen in the next episode.

I dunno what it is but it feels like boredom. The producers are milking this show hard and dry while oversaturating viewers with all kinds of heores-commercials and online media and the story being one thing after a stupid other...yawn. i'm done.

Season one was perfect. And the should've left it at that.

I wont' be watching it anymore.

Nactous
God yes.

SpaceMonkey
I think they realize they were going in the wrong direction and they are now trying to right the ship. I'll stick with it for a bit.

Mairuzu
I'm fine with it, i don't really care

there is nothing i can do, i'll wait for it to end or get better

i'm staying till the end

celestialdemon
This episode was a step back. I found I was a little bored with it. I'm really not looking forward to the next episode, though. I hate the ones that show X amount of years into the future or past.

Strangelove
I have faith in it.

Blue_Hefner
There are some upsetting parts in it, but overall, I'm satisfied with the direction they're going in.

Bardock42
I enjoy Season 3 much more than 1 and 2...which I didn't find that great really. Just something to watch on the side.

forumcrew
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

For the first time ever, after watching ever single episode of Heroes, since it's premier, i didn't wanna watch it anymore.

With the "Eris Quod Sum" (s3e7) last night, there came a point where i just changed the channel half way through he show and missed the rest of it intentinally. Not out of anger or anything eles. It was just i think the series, to me, has finally become too boring.

Any of you feel this way? I may be the only one. I know this show is crazy popular but i just find it boring as hell. I didn't even bother to find out what happened at the end of the episode. Or what'll happen in the next episode.

I dunno what it is but it feels like boredom. The producers are milking this show hard and dry while oversaturating viewers with all kinds of heores-commercials and online media and the story being one thing after a stupid other...yawn. i'm done.

It was an exceptionally bad episode minus Kristen Bell. She is one of the few good actors on the show and needs to get heavily involved. The problem is they stretch the seasons they put in a lot of filler and stalling to make it last longer and it takes away from the show. The idea of assembling a hero team and a villain team certainly opens a ton of doors but they need to get that part done and stop with all the build up and then go from there.

Captain REX
I actually quite liked this episode, I thought it was one of the better ones.

I do not find Heroes boring.

S_D_J
I was disappointed with Season 2, though there were redeeming parts of it (Elle, Adam..)... and Season 3 has had a lot of WTF moments, it's ridiculous...

... but I'm staying till the end

...to me Heroes is becoming like Smallville... stupid at times, but able to give out satisfying episodes...

hopefully it'll pick up...

starlock
Boring...No....Disapointing...Yes

I find that the episodes are flowing faster and the pace is much better than season 2, i just dont like where its going and what they are doing to the characters themselves......i will stay to the end....but i dont like how the show is destroying the characterizations and personalities of the characters...season 1 was amazing.....season 2...i could live without.....season 3 still has some hope

Entity
Originally posted by starlock
Boring...No....Disapointing...Yes

I find that the episodes are flowing faster and the pace is much better than season 2, i just dont like where its going and what they are doing to the characters themselves......i will stay to the end....but i dont like how the show is destroying the characterizations and personalities of the characters...season 1 was amazing.....season 2...i could live without.....season 3 still has some hope I was going to post something in this thread but then I read this and realised that's pretty much exactly what I was going to post.

Agreed 100%

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by S_D_J
I was disappointed with Season 2, though there were redeeming parts of it (Elle, Adam..)... and Season 3 has had a lot of WTF moments, it's ridiculous...

... but I'm staying till the end

...to me Heroes is becoming like Smallville... stupid at times, but able to give out satisfying episodes...

hopefully it'll pick up...

Um, actually this has been "Smallville"s' best season so far. Season 8. bar none. And for the first time "Smallville" hasn't been like that this season. meaning full 'o fillers or "stupid"..

Every "Smallville" episode has been really good so far. While every "Heroes" episode has been really not good thus far..

Bicnarok
got boring? it IS boring

Mairuzu
We need more Noah Bennett time

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
We need more Noah Bennett time

I agree. He's the most interesting and bad-ass character in the series.

S_D_J
Um, actually this has been "Smallville"s' best season so far. Season 8. bar none. And for the first time "Smallville" hasn't been like that this season. meaning full 'o fillers or "stupid"..

Every "Smallville" episode has been really good so far. While every "Heroes" episode has been really not good thus far..

I haven't watched Smallville this season... actually I saw until ep. 12 last season

I'm being hearing good things about this season, so far. I thought it would be impossible with Lex gone, but heck, what do you know?...

Smallville starts this Tuesday down here, so I have time to catch up

ragesRemorse
I dont think boring is the right word...,Stupid, rushed, contrived, ridiculous, cheesy, predictable or redundant, maybe, but not boring. It has found a slight stride but the writing is AWFUL.

Captain REX
It has some better moments, but this season isn't quite reaching its writing potential at the moment...

Endrict Nuul

Here you go buddy! I hope this gives you new hope....

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7778

Aequo Animo
Season 3 is pretty bad, in my opinion.
God...remember "The Company Man", and how powers could be used to logically advance the plot? Also, how there was more of a human element? I miss that.
I think Claire said it best in the first episode: "Because if you're not human anymore, what are you?" If this show continues losing that human element, I'll get so sick of it.

Loeb's good with comics, but I'm glad to know he was let go from Heroes.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Aequo Animo

Loeb's good with comics, but I'm glad to know he was let go from Heroes.

sick He had a few good stories but in truth, he sucks.

MildPossession
I haven't bothered with it for the last few weeks of it showing here and I'm frankly not bothered that I've missed them, unlike if I miss an episode of a series I really adore.

I will watch it tonight if there are no other firework displays in my town after the main fireworks display tonight.

If I watch it and I feel the same, will probably stop watching the series. Season 1 was brilliant, 2 was nothing special and I'm not getting the same feeling I got when watching Season 1(even bought the set on dvd so I could watch them all before they showed them all here in the UK lol) when watching season 3.

FistOfThe North
"Heroes" is just a night-time soap about indecisive metro/emo superheroes that are apart of a story that's already been too lenghty and way past it's time while at the same time offering you the best Sprint cell phone deals you'll find anywhere online.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Here you go buddy! I hope this gives you new hope....

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7778

wow they fired season 1's writer? no wonder s.3's not as good.

and jeez, I thought that it was only myself and a few others that thinks heroes suxs now. Apparently there're a bunch of people that have the same complaint about s.3.

I remember seeing the shows' cast and title on the yahoo home page recommending the show should be axed..

Captain REX
I don't think Heroes should be axed, but it has definitely declined since it started.

FistOfThe North
more like freefall nosedive.

I loved "heroes" in 2006 by I don't see it lasting past 2009 with the way it's going.

someone else should make a superhero show but only more kickass than "heroes"

It'd do everything heroes didn't. with every ep. and season being better than the previous. And it'd be more action based.

It could be called "New Breed" or "Neo Breed" or something..or "Guardians". and they'd have suits too, but they won't look corney or cheesy with 'em on.

SpaceMonkey
From SuperHeroHype:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7871

This should help the show, right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.