Obi Wan- Force powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skywalker833
What are Obi Wan's force powers

I know he is good with mind tricks, has a powerful force push, force wave, and I am also guessing he knows force repulse.
What else?

Captain REX
You sound as if you are naming powers from KOTOR or TFU...

Obi-Wan was talented with Jedi Mind Tricks and telekinetic abilities, yes. He also had Force Jump, of course.

I'm sure if you really want a set list of his abilities, find a sheet for him in the Wizards RPG. Because there is no really set list anywhere other than that. Wookieepedia probably has a brief summary on what he has exhibited.

skywalker833
ok thanks. I know this was a stupid thread, but all the sources say that he was one of the most powerful force users in jedi history, but they don't list his powers besides mind tricks and his powerful force push form the GG fight. You can go ahead and deletethis hread. And about the powers that I named, I assumed since Shaak Ti knew force repulse, and since obi1's more powerful in the force, that he knew it also. And he porbably does. And I know he can use force wave.

truejedi
the thing is: Force wave is a game mechanic skywalker: to be more realistic, don't call his abilities, POWERS, cause its just kinda weird... Like he's a pokemon or something.

Force repulse sounds the same way.

I don't even know how quite to put what i'm trying to say here. They don't have powers, and the different attacks don't really have the names that KOTOR gives them. (force storm for example, is just really powerful lightning), or Death Field which is really just a drain, i don't even know if we call it Force Drain.

We just say he used the force to drain the life out of them or something. Sentences like, Nihilus Attack's with Force Drain, but the Exile block with Force Defense, just sound weird.

I'm not trying to be nasty here, not at all, but do you kinda get what i'm saying? They are using the force for different things, i don't think they have any necessarily uniform attacks.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by skywalker833
but all the sources say that he was one of the most powerful force users in jedi history,

Such as.......

Faunus
Wookiepedia, presumably.

Elite Hunter
^If that is the only source then it is poor argument.

Master Crimzon
Obi-Wan's force usage, like most Jedi's, comes into play in his bladework- he will rarely, if ever, rely on his force powers purely to damage his opponents. I'm guessing both a lack of preference for it and force ability that is hardly top-tier (his raw power, too, is never said to be very high) are the reasons why he doesn't use force powers as a regular form of combat.

Though, he's quite skilled in basic force push-styled abilities, mind tricks, and acrobatics (being highly skilled in Ataru).

Faunus
He ripped A'Sharad Hett's arm off.

Lucien A
Thus proving Obi-Wan's secret Wookie strength.

skywalker833
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
^If that is the only source then it is poor argument.
why so? Wookiepedia comes from multiple sources put together. Wikipedia is crap, but not wookiepedia.

skywalker833
Originally posted by Faunus
He ripped A'Sharad Hett's arm off.
That's what I thought.

Elite Hunter
why so? Wookiepedia comes from multiple sources put together. Wikipedia is crap, but not wookiepedia.
There is no where near enough evidence to say that Obiwan is among the most powerful force users in history. Also wookieepedia said(not sourced either btw) that Master Kenobi was one of the greatest swordsmen and Force-users in Jedi History. Greatest and most powerful are not the same. So I ask again what sources ( as you put it) state that Obiwan is among the most powerful force users.

truejedi

its not crap. But it HAS already been through the process of interpretation. It shouldn't be taken as fact. What it does show you is what you can gather elsewhere. So now you know, that supposedly, someplace Kenobi has been referred to as one of the strongest force users ever. The burden now falls on you, to find WHERE it says that in the star wars universe.

Truth be told, THAT description probably is someone else's impression upon reading different accomplishements by Kenobi. If you can find the exact quote, great, i'd be all for a source that puts Kenobi near the top. But i'm certainly not aware of a canon-level source that makes that claim.

skywalker833
you're saying it's not true?

truejedi
I'm saying that interpretation isn't necessarily true. If wookiepedia says that (pick a classic disagreement) that Mace defeated Sidious fairly in a one on one fight, and then someone comes along and changes it to say that Sidious was faking weakness throughout the entire fight, then a moderator has to make a decision. Does he change it back to the first description (therefore deciding that the first viewpoint it correct) or does he leave it? (and therefore deciding that the second is correct.)

Just because he leaves it, doesn't mean that the second viewpoint is now a CANON viewpoint. Do you follow that?

I'm saying, QUOTATIONS from wookiepedia are not canon. Something like "Obi-wan was one of the strongest force users in history" comes from someone elses viewpoints. IF you can trace it back to a source, then it works, IF you can't, then you simply can't use it.

Be ready to back up your sources better than wookiepedia, that's all i'm saying. I ask you again, do you know of a source other than Wookiepedia that calls Obi-wan one of the strongest force users ever?

Cpt. Valerian
I wouldn't put Obi-Wan in my Top 10, but c'mon people. He is at least in the Top 20 or 25, in terms of overall skill.

Forcewise, however, he isn't nowhere near the top.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by truejedi
I ask you again, do you know of a source other than Wookiepedia that calls Obi-wan one of the strongest force users ever?

I looked at Obiwan's bio and the only thing close to it is this statement which has no source backing it up either.

Master Kenobi was one of the greatest swordsmen and Force-users in Jedi History

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.